UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that this means they're getting closer to finding him. It's very frustrating.

Corrie's body language suggested that it was chilly that night. I sometimes put up a hood on a hoody if I'm chillly. Some people do it as a method of blocking out the outside world.

A hoody isn't the equivalent of putting on a balaclava to rob a bank, it's an item of clothing that a lot of people like for the comfort and cosiness side of it.

My first and foremost question is what time this person was in that area and whether they saw Corrie. And the same question for anyone who was in that area, on foot or in a vehicle. Those three teens, Corrie, and the bin man, weren't the only people out at that time.

He may have thought it was a hookup but the other person may have seen it as an opportunity to rob a drunk guy.
Or he could have met Corrie and he stank of booze and fast food so ended up in some kind of attack?
Let's face it, why wild anyone be wearing a hoodie up at that hour unless trying to be inconspicuous ?

Well, well, well

I don't know what to think this morning, the hooded person has come completely out of the blue and we must be clear that if someone in the facebook group hadn't happened to have mentioned it yesterday we would know nothing about it.

I saw initially that Nicola didn't seem to aware of this as she said she would ask the police about it, Uncle Tony as always is a lot more cagey. I wonder if he has been keeping info from the rest of the family.

My one reservation with this is why no one on FB has mentioned it before now, I'm not going to believe it just yet until we have official confirmation, the FB posters had previously convinced themsleves that the hanging basket was a person. It doesn't make sense to me that not one other person saw this in the hub and why, if the police wanted it to be kept secret, they included it in the hib footage in the first place.

They had plenty of time before CCTV2 was released to make sure it only included the footage they were happy to be public.

I hope the search this morning has some kind of result

He may have thought it was a hookup but the other person may have seen it as an opportunity to rob a drunk guy.
Or he could have met Corrie and he stank of booze and fast food so ended up in some kind of attack?
Let's face it, why wild anyone be wearing a hoodie up at that hour unless trying to be inconspicuous ?

Maybe he was cold. I don't think having a hood up at 3am or whatever in late September in the UK is conspicuous at all in normal circumstance. I live in Africa and I quite often have a hoodie on with the hood up at nighttime.

Maybe he was cold. I don't think having a hood up at 3am or whatever in late September in the UK is conspicuous at all in normal circumstance. I live in Africa and I quite often have a hoodie on with the hood up at nighttime.

I agree, a hood is pretty normal headwear for teens/young people ime, not necessarily suspicious at all

I have a sinking feeling they are going to find him very soon :-(

It does feel like things are stepping up a gear, doesn't it.

I've always thought the likeliest scenario was him being hit by a vehicle walking home and in the side of the road somewhere. Stupidly assumed it had already been searched but, that said, it wouldn't be the first time places have been searched and the body has been completely missed.....

Well, well, well

I don't know what to think this morning, the hooded person has come completely out of the blue and we must be clear that if someone in the facebook group hadn't happened to have mentioned it yesterday we would know nothing about it.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Obviously someone leaving 4 minutes after Corrie arrived is pretty significant. Was it a mugging gone wrong? Did this man take Corrie's phone and head home to Barton Mills area? Or... was Corrie put in the bin after all? When did that man arrive there? Apparently there is no way of entering / exiting the "horseshoe" without being caught on camera so the police MUST know all this.

Considering how much the family have helped in terms of social media and answering questions, I am staggered that the information over the last 6 weeks has been so unreliable. Incredibly frustrating.

Yes, I get that impression too Chuckie D. I think that probably over the past week to 10 days far more has been happening than we are aware of. I get a sinking feeling that Corrie will be found shortly though. :-(

Posted this earlier - Police shut one lane of A14 as search for missing airman Corrie McKeague continues

"[FONT=&]After rush hour, one lane of the eastbound carriageway will be closed between the Moreton Hall and Rougham junctions, in order for Suffolk police search teams to conduct searches at the roadside.

A local person has posted on the fb group that an industrial site in Lakenheath is also being searched ....

ARGH Why weren't these places already searched? :tantrum:

My heart is breaking for his family, I can't imagine what they are going through.

Has this stretch of the A14 (East of BSE) been searched before? I remember the opposite direction near Five Ways being closed for searches early on, but why would they be looking East side? As far as I know there are no links to anything that way. I haven't been around for a while so apologies if I've missed previous discussion

ARGH I don't know! Quite the curveball, eh? Maybe it's just somebody going to work? Am I right in thinking that there are flats back there above the shops? I wonder if these have been searched or who lives there looked into. That said, even if there is some lunatic murderer living in those flats what are the chances of him stumbling across a drunken Corrie at that time of the morning.

I'd really love to see that footage. What shops are where the bins were? I have Greggs in my mind but any charity shops etc where bags of discarded clothes could be?

I have a headache :scared:
Greggs is opposite Greenwoods and on the corner as you enter the area. Totally out of the way in this context
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
The hooded guy might have been eliminated very early on so the police cut it when they released the Short Brackland footage much later so as not to get hundreds of people saying "thats Joe Bloggs". How long was the mobile unit in BSE? Was it long gone when they released the CCTV.

I've read about searches between Bury and Honington, that would be along roads that run north of the city, and about searches going left from Bury to Barton Mills.

This is the first time I've heard of any searches that are slightly south of the city. It's not an obvious road to go back to Honington, and it's in the opposite direction from Barton Mills.

While I don't want bad news for the family, I do think they need to know what happened to him, whatever that answer may be :-/

This map link shows the section of the A14 from Morteton to Rougham that I think they're referring to.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...43ed75ce49d71000!8m2!3d52.2210812!4d0.8037514

Has this stretch of the A14 (East of BSE) been searched before? I remember the opposite direction near Five Ways being closed for searches early on, but why would they be looking East side? As far as I know there are no links to anything that way. I haven't been around for a while so apologies if I've missed previous discussion

I don't think it's a strange time for a hook up but after sleeping in the street for 2hrs and eating copious amounts of stinking kebabs and burgers?

This may sound base, but most men - gay or straight and feeling horny - will accept sex if it's offered regardless of whether they've just eaten smelly kebabs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa