IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

Can anyone explain how it can possibly have taken a YEAR from the police seizing the car mats until today's arrest? A YEAR!!!! I'm mad!

But he was incarcerated for most of that time. So I do think LE felt they had the time to get everything in order to build a strong case. He wasn't going anywhere. :jail:

ETA: the mats were not enough because he could say someone else drove his car.

..watching the press conf, he said that they found blood evidence in the car that kamel had been driving, results came back in july/august of this year----

..and then, "almost simultaneously, we developed several 3rd party witnesses that had inside information, that only the killer would know. those witnesses were locked in at the cook county grand jury...."

..what is a 3rd party witness?

..I would think that if DF were there, she wouldn't be "3rd party", if it means that these W's were people that heard it straight from KH, shame on them for waiting on LE to track down that info from them.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20161115/chicago-police-arrest-kamel-harris-over-death-of-kyrian-knox

--snip

Harris had told the Register Star in a phone interview from jail last fall that someone he didn't know picked up the child in late August. Harris has frustrated police by failing to cooperate in the investigation or answer questions.

"Kamel Harris is not cooperative. Upon being taken into custody last night he immediately requested council and has not give any statement," Duffin said.

Police are unclear on the motive for Kyrian's death. Duffin said, based on third-party statements, that Kyrian, who is lactose intolerant, had ingested some milk and was crying all afternoon. Harris "kind of just snapped and couldn't deal with it anymore," Duffin said.

that poor baby was crying cuz his belly hurt and he killed him. WHY CUT HIM UP THOUGH!!! I cant even....

Kamel Harris is NOT cooperative, taken into custody last night (requested counselling?) <-- nm... attorney.
The major break was that he denied the baby had ever been inside his vehicle. Once we took it with a SW, we recovered the babys blood in the vehicle.

?? I can't hear.
We have NOT been able to determine the COD.

It took 7-8 months to confirm the blood was his. (WHAT?)

The baby ingested some milk, was lactose intolerant, kept crying, K snapped.

My feed ends.

that poor baby was crying cuz his belly hurt and he killed him. WHY CUT HIM UP THOUGH!!! I cant even....

HOW can you cut him up! I mean... really. How can anyone do that to anyone? It's completely beyond me.
Even when I try to put my mind in a place of total desperation I cannot imagine being able to go that far.

me either. I understand it more from some ghoulish psycho but not a man "who snapped" that's just so ghastly.

HOW can you cut him up! I mean... really. How can anyone do that to anyone? It's completely beyond me.
Even when I try to put my mind in a place of total desperation I cannot imagine being able to go that far.

Awhile back didn't D mention that the mom didn't tell them he was supposed to have a special milk, but didn't drop him off with any? It's been so long, I may be misremembering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I believe I remember that too.. he said $30 and a box of diapers and that he needed special milk and she didn't leave any. I think.

Awhile back didn't D mention that the mom didn't tell them he was supposed to have a special milk, but didn't drop him off with any? It's been so long, I may be misremembering.

I believe I remember that too.. he said $30 and a box of diapers and that he needed special milk and she didn't leave any. I think.

YES. That was when she was posting like a maniac on one of the FB groups and then came in the next morning and said she was hacked.

YES. That was when she was posting like a maniac on one of the FB groups and then came in the next morning and said she was hacked.
So the "motive" and the "perp" have been in front of us all along...
I *almost* feel like the others should be charged as well- neglect,abandonment,impeding an investigation, accessory before and after the fact, lying to police. I'm sure I could go on and on...

I was wrong.
Kamel says she left them with $30 and a pack of diapers here:
http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753

&#8220;What the hell am I supposed to do with $30 and a pack of diapers? I didn&#8217;t even know her,&#8221; Harris said in a telephone interview from jail. &#8220;She just dropped him off and left.&#8221;'

And Danyelle says he could only drink unsweetened almond milk here:
http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151105/NEWS/151109685

'She said Knox rarely called during Kyrian's visit. Shakela Harris "is the only one who called or texted to check up on him." That's how she and Kamel Harris learned that Kyrian could not drink regular milk, Foggs said. "He had to drink almond unsweetened milk," she said.'

We really need all the quotes from all four of them, but I do remember that Shakeela or Danyelle said that Lanisha dropped Kyrian off without mentioning that Kyrian needed special milk, let alone gave them the milk he needed, so they found out the hard way that Kyrian couldn't tolerate normal milk.

It just seems to me that well before he was reported missing that more people than just Kamel knew about the milk, and there was so much anger between Shakeela and Lanisha, that it can't have only been Kamel who understood the significance of the milk (and the diapers, which were probably also connected to the lactose intolerance as Kyrian was probably not just crying but also going through a lot of messy diapers).

I don't want to make false accusations against anyone, only that I would like some clarification on exactly who was aware of the milk being an issue.

I said at the time that I felt it might be a conspiracy of more than one person, and that Kamel and Shakeela might be holding something over Lanisha to get her to go along with the dumping of the body and keeping quiet. Lanisha being made to feel responsible for the milk is exactly the sort of thing that would fit with what I was talking about .... Lanisha, you're responsible too, because you left Kyrian with Kamel, you didn't mention the milk, you could have saved this from happening, so you have to keep quiet, too!

I am curious if LE have been asked if there might me more arrests in future?

I was wrong.
Kamel says she left them with $30 and a pack of diapers here:
http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151104/NEWS/151109753

&#8220;What the hell am I supposed to do with $30 and a pack of diapers? I didn&#8217;t even know her,&#8221; Harris said in a telephone interview from jail. &#8220;She just dropped him off and left.&#8221;'

And Danyelle says he could only drink unsweetened almond milk here:
http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151105/NEWS/151109685

'She said Knox rarely called during Kyrian's visit. Shakela Harris "is the only one who called or texted to check up on him." That's how she and Kamel Harris learned that Kyrian could not drink regular milk, Foggs said. "He had to drink almond unsweetened milk," she said.'

Awhile back, Shakela wrote a long long post to one of the FB group admins. I tried going through it, but it is all out of order and my brain isn't wired for it tonight.
Tomorrow I am going to save them and put them in order and see if there is anything there.

I also still wonder if it's possible that Danyelle was the only one of the four who didn't know what happened? She was apparently working, came home and Kamel told her that someone had picked up Kyrian...she didn't care too much because she was angry at having a crying child dumped on her when she had other children plus her job or studies to take care of.

But remember the two girls, Shakeela and Lanisha apparently went to visit Kamel, and we never found out all the details of that trip.

And then Kyrian's disappearance only came to light because Lanisha phoned Kamel/Danyelle about Kyrian and Danyele answered the phone and said that Kyrian had left weeks ago. What if Lanisha was upset and confused and really wanted to talk to Kamel 'about Kyrian' not to ask when she can pick him up but about this stuff? Wouldn't that explain all the confusion surrounding that phone call and why Shakeela was so mad at Lanisha?

If Danyelle did know what happened, I am in total disbelief that she would keep quiet for him when it meant losing her children, and then the newborn, and then she would still let him within a hundred miles of that newborn?

I think it's sick of her to have Kamel near her new baby even if she slightly suspected he might have something to do with it, but if she knew he did it, then I would jail her and forbid her to have any more contact with her children just for that even if she only knew after the fact and covered up for him.

Sorry. I have gone from shock that this thread was bumped up with actual good news of an arrest, to massive happiness/relief over the arrest, to being angry all over again.

kamel was home all day with the kids, Daniele worked and went to school (I think both). He's home with three kids all day, kills one of them. He has at least one other kid to deal with. D had to come home at some point. He couldn't have killed, dismembered and disposed of kyrian without her knowledge. Imo.

But, she was pregnant and had 3 other kids. My guess is of she came home and saw, she said "you're on your own this this" took her kid or kids and left him to take care of it. She was more than happy to tell the world she had nothing to do with the care of Kyrian at all from the moment he arrived.

She may have been covering her kiester from jump, but I'm wondering if she knew about it, but physically stayed away from it, to protect her babies.

Sigh...or maybe he's covering for her, again for the babies. Who knows.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm all over emotionally too, I've never had such a strong reaction emotionally or physically to a break in a case. I'm so glad Ky hasn't been forgotten, and angry and sad that I even know his name to begin with. And scared that Kamel will not ever cooperate.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wonder what the "evidence that only the killer would know" is. That Kyrian was transported in car? And forensics did find K's blood there. Something else? I think the tummy ache/special milk/snapping part is made up. Seems weird that the special milk was mentioned before.

Sad case all the way around.

What I suspect is that those FB posts did give us all the information. The milk and the lactose intolerance, the fall down the stairs (which may have been a kick or a shove), the phone call to Shakela, Lanisha's apparently blase attitude to having Kyrian away from her and not knowing how to react to the fall down the stairs, Danyelle and Kamel being mad at Lanisha for not even telling them about the milk.

Then the story of Shakela and Lanisha going to visit Kamel but not seeing Kyrian...but it turned out that this was after Kyrian had actually died, and was it another day that Kamel and Danyelle took a bus into Chicago?

It all seems like pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are in there, it's just a case of putting them together in the right order.

But I am relieved there's finally hard evidence to tie Kamel to what happened to Kyrian and to get Kamel to trial. Then it's for a jury to decide, and i can only hope justice will be done. Thinking back to Kamel going on the run and refusing to cooperate, and it seemed like the perfect way to get away with murder...but it wasn't, because LE still got evidence.

A 2-year old child that just needed the right milk and a big hug....:-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back