UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as there are only these possibilties coupled with the fact that there were cars about at that time it seems the most logical?

They have I think three manual.
The rest are auto
It's on the web.

I doubt they use all the tech of the cameras (I never wrote the bits in black in the bits you quoted. I havent read that post).

My "black" is
The proof is, Nicola said they were trying to track the silver car.That means Cam09 could not see it

Sorry, the bold words were my answers to your questions.

Do you have a link to the cameras being both auto and manually operated? As for Nicola stating they are trying to track the car I don't doubt it. It doesn't mean the camera didn't see it or even show the reg.
If that car is unregistered (I read it somewhere one of the cars was unregistered?) or on false plates for example or been disposed of then that would make it very difficult to trace now.

Exactly! If there were other people in the area, then there's no reason why they wouldn't have seen a tall blonde guy wearing a light pink shirt and white jeans, there was plenty of street lighting, so there's no reason they wouldn't see him.

The camera that saw Corrie enter should have also seen him leave *if* he left on foot out of the horseshoe.

There were people around, but they have not been listed as the last known sighting. Therefore they didn't see him, because he was no longer visible. The police might have a pretty good idea at what point Corrie is no longer visible...they might not know exactly what happened, but it's likely that the chain of events that led to Corrie disappearing already started quite soon after the last CCTV footage.

I don't think Corrie was hanging around from 3.30 to 4am(ish) when the bin lorry turned up, or someone would have seen him and then *they* would be the last known sighting/time.

This doesn't bring *us* any closer to knowing how Corrie became not visible, or what rough time that happened, but I would expect the police to have a better idea of that than we do.

Another thing that's interesting is that the police have continually focused us on the time between the last CCTV and 8am. 8am is when the phone went dead...do the police suspect Corrie was still with his phone?

I really think at some point it will come to light the rest of the timeline of events. There's no way that from the time he turned into the alleyway until the time the bin lorry arrived there was no activity in those streets. People were leaving work, finishing their nights out, it's a residential area, plus clearly there was a man in the alleyway and the elusive car driving the wrong way 樂

If he was taken for a night of passion lets say, that he had pre arranged to meet this person (hence the waiting), then either this person is very lucky to have evaded any trace or this was cleverly planned with the person knowing they were going to do something to corrie. A huge risk for the person who had taken him but recently a gay man has been convicted of date rapping his victims and dumping their body's in the street. The lunatic got away with it for a while.

Corrie had to be waiting for someone. Someone to pick him up from that area.

Still doesn't give reason to the phone going where it did.

Arrggghhhh so confusing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this might be far off the mark but what about this scenario? He willingly is picked up by someone pre arranged by the bin area for a meet, and they drive on to meet another person, known or not to Corrie around the area the phone pinged. It was at this point he was in a situation where he was kidnapped or attacked, phone disposed of and then body taken to wherever.. failing that all three of them head somewhere to party? Or this 3rd person could have attacked and robbed them both? I know it might be far fetched but a premeditated attack on a young and intoxicated young lad is possible no? Looking at the size of Corrie, he is incredibly muscly, combined with military training, I think it would be some struggle and ALOT of noise for one person to get him in a vehicle unwillingly in such a public place.

But as there are only these possibilties coupled with the fact that there were cars about at that time it seems the most logical?

@DC ..

Yeah... essentially.

Next question. Why aren't we being told this ?

I get that "the police" arent on facebook adding their bit, but Corrie didn't "vanish".

Yet the police keep saying "there is no criminality" ?

I get that to a point. He may have gone "willingly" and there for there is no criminality "until you find out what happened" which isn't the story being "put out" on facebook.

Could you then argue that the more recent searches to take place this week that aren't related to Barton mills have happened because the police have information that leads them to believe he could have travelled by vehicle that way? I would expect in a blind search for bigger areas to be searched.

Sorry, the bold words were my answers to your questions.

Do you have a link to the cameras being both auto and manually operated? As for Nicola stating they are trying to track the car I don't doubt it. It doesn't mean the camera didn't see it or even show the reg.
If that car is unregistered (I read it somewhere one of the cars was unregistered?) or on false plates for example or been disposed of then that would make it very difficult to trace now.

Yeah, I found it on whattheyknow and Bury St Edmunds CCTV.
It shows the manual cameras.

As for Cam09 "not seeing" the silver car. I can only assume it didn't as Nicola put out the message they needed to trace it.

Why trace something if you can see it 60 foot away ?

Could you then argue that the more recent searches to take place this week that aren't related to Barton mills have happened because the police have information that leads them to believe he could have travelled by vehicle that way? I would expect in a blind search for bigger areas to be searched.

Yeah... I agree again.

Infact as you point out, it is a contradiction. How did he get there, if he didn't go by car ?

I know this might be far off the mark but what about this scenario? He willingly is picked up by someone pre arranged by the bin area for a meet, and they drive on to meet another person, known or not to Corrie around the area the phone pinged. It was at this point he was in a situation where he was kidnapped or attacked, phone disposed of and then body taken to wherever.. failing that all three of them head somewhere to party? Or this 3rd person could have attacked and robbed them both? I know it might be far fetched but a premeditated attack on a young and intoxicated young lad is possible no? Looking at the size of Corrie, he is incredibly muscly, combined with military training, I think it would be some struggle and ALOT of noise for one person to get him in a vehicle unwillingly in such a public place.

It's always a possibilty. I wouldn't necessarily rule out putting him in a car unwillingly in a public place because of his military training, my other half is in the armed forces and could probably be stupid enough to be taken unawares at 3am after a few drinks. Whatever has happened after getting into said car is a mystery.

It's always a possibilty. I wouldn't necessarily rule out putting him in a car unwillingly in a public place because of his military training, my other half is in the armed forces and could probably be stupid enough to be taken unawares at 3am after a few drinks. Whatever has happened after getting into said car is a mystery.

True. I just got thinking about why they hadn't traced the car etc and was thinking maybe that they both could of been attacked. But I guess if that was the case then there would be another similar missing persons case. Scrap that idea 😅

@DC ..

Yeah... essentially.

Next question. Why aren't we being told this ?

I get that "the police" arent on facebook adding their bit, but Corrie didn't "vanish".

Yet the police keep saying "there is no criminality" ?

I get that to a point. He may have gone "willingly" and there for there is no criminality "until you find out what happened" which isn't the story being "put out" on facebook.

Give it time. While people are grateful the family give updates it muddies the waters somewhere because the police obviously don't go to great lengths to release information unless there's a reason for doing so.

If they are indeed closing in on events then I imagine the moment they find proof of Corrie somewhere whether that be his phone, DNA evidence or a body they will change information to homicide and more details will be leaked.

@DC

I look at it like this.

If you take what has been said (and stated) it seems that corrie got into a vehicle in one of two areas willingly and then travelled somewhere.

He probably travelled towards Barton Mills.

And then probably "something happened".

That doesn't mean he is still there. But I can accept his phone went dead there.

Motive ! I have no idea.

Find who drove him up there (or who he waited for), then I guess you're half way there.

....but for the life of me, I don't get why there is this "smoke and mirrors" going on.

But because there is this "smoke and mirrors" going on, a lot more people know a lot more things that they are cracking on.

You could also argue he left his phone on the bin while peeing, couldn't locate it. Left the area, came across the car and stopped to engage in conversation after all having no phone to he told himself home. Would make him more willing to accept a lift or help from strangers?

Now that I can agree to. There's more than we know. Without the info we've no chance but I suspect the police have enough to go on.

Unless they were staff in the club and not getting off until the club closed, in which case you'd make a verbal agreement, not phone/text/social media, and getting kicked out of the club would just mean you've got a couple of hours to kill until they get off shift.

It would also explain staying in the Hughes doorway for nearly 20 minutes after Corrie woke up.

I'm not saying whether or not I credit this hypothesis, it's just part of the group brainstorming process.

We have touched on this possibility before, but we've kind of thought that it would most likely be a female member of staff, and that he'd probably go back to the club to meet her on her way out rather than meeting her in the horseshoe in her car after she's left work.

We could extend this line of thinking... maybe a male member of staff who's offered to take Corrie to a swingers party that would still be in full swing at 4am. It's unlikely as most people would go to something like that as part of a couple and not as a couple of guys hoping to get lucky...unless the two guys were going to get in by saying they were a couple.

All this sounds unlikely. But whatever happened to Corrie must be unlikely/low probability, because there are so few people who do go missing in the circumstances that Corrie has gone missing.

Is this theory more or less likely than getting a lift from a stranger that goes so badly wrong that Corrie's not been found for 7 weeks?

I'm going to hazard a guess that any activity either on social media or text/phone calls would be available to police. So unless a verbal agreement to meet I doubt it happened, unsure why you'd verbally agree to meet someone later when they're standing right next to you, especially for a hook up.

Yeah, I found it on whattheyknow and Bury St Edmunds CCTV.
It shows the manual cameras.

As for Cam09 "not seeing" the silver car. I can only assume it didn't as Nicola put out the message they needed to trace it.

Why trace something if you can see it 60 foot away ?

Thanks. I know that site and must have missed it....

The tracing the car means they now want to find the car and owner to have a word? If they did get the reg and that reg number showed the car to be SORN or otherwise have no registered keeper then finding it now would be tricky. Or maybe it is on foreign plates?

You could also argue he left his phone on the bin while peeing, couldn't locate it. Left the area, came across the car and stopped to engage in conversation after all having no phone to he told himself home. Would make him more willing to accept a lift or help from strangers?

Anyone can argue anything.

I'm just saying, it's odd he bought lots of food and settled down in a dorrway. Looks like he was in for a long wait.

He seems to be waiting in a specific area.

And his phone "travelled" for a distance that night.

By now, the police know more. I would expect so. We are not privy to this, but there seems to be a "calming" of the family.
Corrie is still missing. The motive/opportunity for this is not being fully discussed on their social media account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member