NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

I do not believe Bittrolff is that similar to LISK.

What do the wood chips symbolize? "I work and you don't"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't what they symbolize, but wood chips are used as top material on equestrian trails to help horses maintain their footing.

http://www.equisearch.com/article/horse-arena-footing-18685

Wood Products
Another footing option is wood, which may be used alone or mixed with sand. Various types of wood products are available, including shavings, chips, sawdust, shredded bark, hogfuel and shredded fibers.

On the plus side, wood provides resiliency and moisture retention. When added to a sand footing, wood products can slow the breakdown of sand particles by reducing abrasion, open up the footing for better drainage and hold moisture to give the surface more cohesion and less dust. In many areas, wood is readily available at low cost, making it a highly affordable option.

I never heard that D. Only know the name because of Vision Ministries Open Arms. I wonder if there is a connection between the home for wayward girls mentioned in the call to Mari (that came from Jersey?) and Vision Ministries Open Arms.

"We are a faith based ministry who wants to provide a safe loving home for these girls. We will help them to grow in faith by teaching them the love of God. By doing so they will regain self respect and confidence in themselves and trust in God. These women are in threat of being homeless or are in fact already homeless. Some even contemplate suicide, some even turn to prostitution and some think abortion is the only answer. We will not force anyone to go to church or Bible study, the choice will be theirs. But we will pray with them and let them know they can attend when they are ready."

http://www.rjdwebdesign.com/visionministries/index.html

I wonder if there is a connection between Vision Ministries and the fake Facebook profiles as well. The Profiles included Kim Raffo and all the AC victims, Amber, Jane Doe AS WELL as a profile for a Colleen Marie. Most of the posts came from the Colleen Marie profile. The posts said "We are all angels, the capano's killed us". Very strange, But there was a poem posted by Colleen Marie which was by Anne Weems, a christian poet. I figured whoever made the profiles had to be very into religion, because the average person wouldn't know Anne Weems poetry. Does anyone know if Colleen McNamee's middle name was marie?

"I didn’t know you but I feel a strong connection to you. You are an Angel,” was posted on a memorial page dedicated to Anne Marie Fahey by someone claiming to be slain AC prostitute, Kim Raffo. Attorney Thomas Capano was convicted of murdering Fahey in 1996 and dumping her body off the New Jersey coast." http://www.examiner.com/article/vic...ller-atlantic-city-murders-reborn-on-facebook

""We are all angels," the Tracy Roberts profile posted on Jan. 29. The Molly Jean Dilts profile then made the suggestion that "we were all killed by the Capano's."

"We are still waiting for justice. We were found in November 2006 in Mays Landing, NJ," the posting read.

Immediately beneath Dilts' comment, a blank Facebook profile with the name "Colleen Marie" said the following:

"They should also be looking at them in connection with 4 . . . girls found in Babylon NY. If something happens to me it is because I knew what they did back then and I know what did to you girls. I think I'm next." http://articles.philly.com/2011-04-19/news/29447411_1_profile-hugh-auslander-shannan-gilbert

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/lo...ity-women-all-on-facebook-after-death-6689001

Now here is the significant part once again, if you read the village voice article you will see it has a link to the Jane Doee profile. Now it doesn't work anymore, but I saved the link years ago. It links here: https://www.facebook.com/emily.roe.3597

On the fb profiles, Colleen Marie was posting comments about eating disorders and how Anne Marie Fahey struggled with an eating disorder. The only Emily Roe I could find is a young girl who died. "I knew Emily from her time in an eating disorder treatment center" http://marylynnbee.blogspot.com/2011/10/emily-elizabeth-roe.html

Why is whoever made the profiles so obsessed with eating disorders and Anne Marie Fahey? What do eating disorders have to do with the LISK and AC victims? Is Colleen Marie meant to represent Colleen McNamee? Who made these profiles?

Hi Lindsay,

This may not be a "connection" Per Say, but its certainly interesting.

PL (owner of Vision Ministries) purchased a business license in Suffolk County on 3/15/2001 Genesis Hair Cutters 13W Montauk Hwy, Hampton Bays NY

After over 9 years in business; suddenly she closed her business by filing a business certificate discontinuance on 5/11/2010, which was less than 10 days after Shannon Gilbert vanished.

http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/CountyClerk/OnlineRecords.aspx

The police say Bittrolff is not suspected of being the LISK. Why not? He seems like a highly plausible suspect. He's killing in the same area, targets the same type of victim, has been killing for the same length of time (since the 90s) takes an article of clothing (I'm going to assume he takes the shoes). I highly doubt he has claimed only two victims (and one more the police are trying to find evidence to connect him to). Ted Bundy plead innocent to his crimes and even defended himself, it was not until after he was convicted that he confessed to the murders he was charged with and many additional other murders. Maybe this Bittrolff guy will do the same after his conviction, and we will have some answers? If you ask me, this guy is the LISK.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Hello all. This case fascinates me. I find it hard to believe, IMO, that Bittrolf only killed 20 or so years ago, then just stopped. Maybe he is LISK, it's definitely possible. Unless he confesses I guess we are just left with no answers, but maybe someone got away and will come forward.

Hello all. This case fascinates me. I find it hard to believe, IMO, that Bittrolf only killed 20 or so years ago, then just stopped. Maybe he is LISK, it's definitely possible. Unless he confesses I guess we are just left with no answers, but maybe someone got away and will come forward.

IIRC he was charged with the two Manorville murders based on DNA evidence. I'm not sure if there is any DNA evidence related to LI cases. I sure would hope so, but so little known. I too feel Bittrolff may be responsible for more. To do what that man did- I believe there is more to the story. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew John B. I can answer questions

Firstly can you say how you know him..... in what capacity? ....friend, family, work ???

If you know ..... does he have any connection to the Jones Beach, Gilgo..Oak beach area....Such as Family, work, recreation or hobby?

In your "Knowing him" did his arrest come as a complete shock ..... if not ... why?

Can't you give some links that contain the sketch?
This is a mugshot of John Bittrolff taken 10/8/1990 by Suffolk County police and a sketch of an unknown man seen in the area at the time.

Karen Louise Wilson vanished in 1985, Police want to find him for questioning. (Photo Credit: Namus.gov)

Karen Louise Wilson was last seen on Wednesday, March 27, 1985 abt 7:30-8:00 PM in the Colonial Quad parking lot at The University of Albany (State University of New York or SUNY) in Albany, NY It is presumed that she was heading to her Colonial Quad dorm.

Karen was 5'3 and weighed 114 pounds </font>at the time of her abduction. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

http://deaniepeters-missingangels.blogspot.com/2013/09/karen-louise-wilson-missing-28-years.html

According to an article in TimesUnion.com, http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Out-of-sight-but-not-of-mind-4334152.php

Police believe that Karen was abducted near or in the parking lot to her dorm room.

Investigators ran a re-creation of an abduction scenario in a parking lot and timed it. The time it took for a bigger man to single handedly abduct a petite woman was only 10 seconds.

They theorize that a lone man in a car was waiting in the college parking lot for a target and saw Karen.

Although persons of interest have come and gone, and sex offenders have been looked at, police have a sketch of an unknown man seen

in the area at the time Karen vanished. They are not calling him a suspect, simply someone wanted for questioning..

Missing Since: March 27, 1985 from Albany, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: February 2, 1963
Height and Weight: 5'3, 114 pounds

Read more about Karen Louise Wilson at the links above and here on Websleuths at

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...any-27-March-1985&amp;p=11661305#post11661305
80051e00c2b59ee06de63373e2673317.jpg

Sent from my Z711 using Tapatalk

Possible that this guy was the guy dropping his "parts" in Lisk's territory, as per the jealousy theory in the show?

I think JB is an odd bird, to put it mildly. He's a "business owner" to the extent that he's got at least some level of handyman skills, and he owns a truck to put a logo on the side of. I think it's easy to overstate the community regard; one person says he's "like the mayor", there's reports that he attended his kid's athletic games - my guess is that nobody in the neighborhood was actually very close to him. And he's clearly not a "social media" person; that wouldn't have stopped him from trawling Craigslist, as he'd do that with an alias anyway.

Agreed. I have been searching on him when I have the opportunity, for months and there just isn't much at all. His son did have a page on FB and it had a few videos of kids riding dirt bikes on the property. It did have some piles of old lumber sitting back in places, not much of an observation. It does not mean that he was not active on Craigslist though.

I believe that is or should be at least a strong person of interest. I also feel that he is involved. One question I have and that is does anyone have any examples of serial killers who do NOT use the same MO over the years they have murdered? I think that would be very interesting to find out as so many connect the wood chips, item of clothing missing and so on to not being JB as LISK. Thanks for your insight.

Welcome to the forum mnarmchair. This might be what your looking for. This is the thread for Bittrolffs victims.

Thanks deedee21, I'm usually pretty good at navigating discussion boards, but maybe I'm getting old, I find this these discussions confusing sometimes yet, maybe as I spend more time in here I will figure it out:sigh:

I believe that is or should be at least a strong person of interest. I also feel that he is involved. One question I have and that is does anyone have any examples of serial killers who do NOT use the same MO over the years they have murdered? I think that would be very interesting to find out as so many connect the wood chips, item of clothing missing and so on to not being JB as LISK. Thanks for your insight.
Apparent MO is not always a reliable way to catch a serial killer.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gVJ7ajt2dsJ2U9DnQ&sig2=b3gOV8rF7bM4gVI3foG3nQ

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I knew John B
What kind of questions do you have

what the connection to vision ministries home for wayward girls
connection to kim raffo? both grew up blocks from each other
connection to gilgo beach inn on ocean parkway?
connection to oak beach?
connection to halsey manor road, lilco or wading river & north?
connection to east new york?
hunter? duck hunter?
hobbies?
interest in true crime? anne marie fahey?
knew hackett?
worked alone or had a partner?
more victims than the 3 you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member