GUILTY Ks - Laura Abarca-nogueda, 27, Slain, Newborn Abducted, Wichita, 17 Nov 2016 *arrest*

I missed most of the conference but here is what I heard:

FBI has been called in to help.
A special team has been called in.
Still no Amber Alert. (No suspect)

This is so chilling. I hope the news gets out there and ppl take note of a person w a new baby that wasn't pregnant or had a strange story. Chances are a pregnancy was faked. So scary.

FBI now involved in case of missing Wichita newborn

Police said Friday morning that the FBI sent a special child abduction investigation team to assist. Anyone with ANY information about the newborn girl is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or 911.

Police say the victim's boyfriend found her when he got home from work. The last contact with her was at 1:00 in the afternoon, so police believe she was shot some time between 1:00 and 3:30 in the afternoon.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-W-Wichita-shooting-401762825.html

Omg. I had to take a break after kaylagomez and i come back to this! Wah! Find that baby!

This is terrifying. I am praying for this little one. As well as for all of her family. Heartbreaking. I hope she is found safe ASAP!

Police say Laura Abarca-Nogueda is the 27-year-old mother killed Thursday in her west Wichita apartment.

The department identified her Friday afternoon in an e-mailed news release.

Abarca-Nogueda’s live-in boyfriend found her shot to death inside the apartment, 215 N. Brunswick, after coming home from work shortly before 3:30 p.m.

Authorities are searching for the couple’s newborn daughter, Sofia Victoria Gonzalez Abarca, who went missing sometime between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Thursday. An FBI response team that specializes in child abductions has been called in to help find her.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article115633238.html

This is so chilling. I hope the news gets out there and ppl take note of a person w a new baby that wasn't pregnant or had a strange story. Chances are a pregnancy was faked. So scary.

It is certainly looking more like that could be the circumstances. I wonder if LE could go over cameras at the hospital to see if anyone was hanging around the maternity area when the baby was born or even if someone was pretending to be a nurse. Hopefully family will be able to tell if her mom noticed anything unusual at the hospital or since coming home. Sofia is a beautiful baby; I pray she is found soon.

Does the family live in an apartment or a house?

Getting ready for a live presser:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/LIVE-STREAM-WPD-Update-on-Baby-Sophia-Investigation-401949025.html

Gordan Ramsey Wichita Police Chief:

No new information has been gathered.
Have canvassed the neighborhood and interviewed all family.
Pleading for information, no matter how small it may be.

Another speaker (I did not catch who he is):

Be on the look out for someone who has a baby that did not have one before or someone who has a baby and is saying they are watching it for a relative.
Be on the look out for someone who buys bulk baby formula. (He said "food" but...)

I feel for our LE. Wichita has been trying to turn upside down the last few weeks. We have had so many murders, shootings and a few stabbings (including a 6 year old who died and her mother and 4 year old sister who lived.) It has been horrific.

I only caught part of the presser:

They have NO leads, no info
They want tips on anyone who suddenly has a baby and didn't before

Mother died from a gun shot wound

Spanish presser following the English one.

Gah, still NO leads.

I want to know if there was a forced entry to the apartment.

[video=twitter;799737716720209920]https://twitter.com/KAKEnews/status/799737716720209920[/video]

If this is a case of someone killing the mother to take the baby to raise as their own it immediately begs the question of how did this person know that there was a 6 day old baby in the apartment at that time with the mother? Was she followed home from somewhere? Where did she go that morning (if anywhere)? Had the posted or responded to any baby items for sale on Craigslist? (Similar to that case out of Colorado a few years ago that happened when a pregnant mom responded to an ad for baby items on Craigslist).

I also can't help but feel like whoever did this likely knew the mother was home by herself with the baby. Just a gut instinct.

The question remains... how did this individual know that the mother was home with a 6 day old baby inside?

Hoping we don't have another Baby Lisa case on our hands. She has been missing for 5 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back