NY - 8 Die in Crash on Taconic State Parkway #3

I know it's not a popular theory, but has the idea that Danny
Schuler somehow poisoned Diane ever been explored?

Supposing he was having an affair, or even say she was. Divorce is imminent. DANNY would be the one to lose all: Home, her 6 figure salary, etc. She was the main breadwinner.

If he could get rid of her and the kids (it's been said that he did not want kids), he would get the house and life insurance money, and be free. People have done things like this many times. Just watch true crime youtubes and forensic files...

The vodka bottle was too big to drink from, and seemed a perfect prop for police to find. Pot can be put into edibles such as cookies, breads, cakes. - perhaps vodka too? It would explain why he was "protesting too much" about just knowing his wife wouldn't drink: get the focus on the denial of the poor spouse of the secret alcoholic, etc. And this idea of her as a closet alcoholic has been successful, maybe too much so?

Why was 911not immediately called; perhaps because the accident had to happen, had to be waited for? But she called. She was not supposed to call, perhaps?

if one was going to really over- dose a person who would be driving on the Taconic parkway, one could assume the accident would be fatal. If not, she would likely go to prison and he could sell the home and move on...

He didn't know the boy would live (he as much as said he felt burdened now as a single parent). He may have been too selfish to care if the nieces had to be collateral damage....the thought keeps coming back to me.....

On the other hand, maybe too much thinking led to far fetched theory :eek:

Supposing he was having an affair, or even say she was. Divorce is imminent. DANNY would be the one to lose all: Home, her 6 figure salary, etc. She was the main breadwinner.

If he could get rid of her and the kids (it's been said that he did not want kids), he would get the house and life insurance money, and be free. People have done things like this many times. Just watch true crime youtubes and forensic files...

The vodka bottle was too big to drink from, and seemed a perfect prop for police to find. Pot can be put into edibles such as cookies, breads, cakes. - perhaps vodka too? It would explain why he was "protesting too much" about just knowing his wife wouldn't drink: get the focus on the denial of the poor spouse of the secret alcoholic, etc. And this idea of her as a closet alcoholic has been successful, maybe too much so?

Why was 911not immediately called; perhaps because the accident had to happen, had to be waited for? But she called. She was not supposed to call, perhaps?

if one was going to really over- dose a person who would be driving on the Taconic parkway, one could assume the accident would be fatal. If not, she would likely go to prison and he could sell the home and move on...

He didn't know the boy would live (he as much as said he felt burdened now as a single parent). He may have been too selfish to care if the nieces had to be collateral damage....the thought keeps coming back to me.....

Interesting theory! Probably unlikely, but not impossible.

Interesting theory! Probably unlikely, but not impossible.
Thanks. Yes, I would think it's not very probable. But sometimes it skims across the stream of consciousness as a slim possibility.... ;)

Thanks. Yes, I would think it's not very probable. But sometimes it skims across the stream of consciousness as a slim possibility.... ;)

I hate to admit it, but I always love a good conspiracy theory! ;) And Danny is so easy to dislike. :(

I hate to admit it, but I always love a good conspiracy theory! ;) And Danny is so easy to dislike. :(
That, he is ;)

I think one thing in its favor is that he was dependent on her salary. If she had any plans to leave the marriage, his gravy train would end. That would give him a strong motive. The means and opportunity would be pretty clear....

The perfect cover for such a crime would be the fascination with Diane as a closet addict. Even if this was in fact the case , it would only serve to make things easier for him!

Anything is possible.

Wow, wonder if this was ever considered or looked into?

Things have never "felt" right for me in this case. For one, if Diane knew she was so intoxicated, I don't think she would have allowed her niece to use her phone. Another thing is if she took an Ambien and did not get six hours of sleep, she would have been groggy from that alone. Mix in the alcohol and weed, and who really knows how much she had of either. Danny may have been giving her more of any of these mixtures.

His comment of feeling burdened as a single parent tears my heart apart! How could a human being say such a horrible thing? UNLESS his plan as you suggest to kill them all, did not succeed?! Having lost the rest of his family, I have always been bothered by this comment.

Was this the perfect murder? With the exception that one of his children lived to haunt him the rest of his life? **SPECULATION**

Things have never "felt" right for me in this case. For one, if Diane knew she was so intoxicated, I don't think she would have allowed her niece to use her phone. Another thing is if she took an Ambien and did not get six hours of sleep, she would have been groggy from that alone. Mix in the alcohol and weed, and who really knows how much she had of either. Danny may have been giving her more of any of these mixtures.

His comment of feeling burdened as a single parent tears my heart apart! How could a human being say such a horrible thing? UNLESS his plan as you suggest to kill them all, did not succeed?! Having lost the rest of his family, I have always been bothered by this comment.

Was this the perfect murder? With the exception that one of his children lived to haunt him the rest of his life? **SPECULATION**

That would be really crazy.

I have old scripts in my bedside table for different medications, but I'm not taking anything presently. Why hasn't DS's husband/SIL ask for this test which would remove all doubt if she took ambien or not? Because it wasn't in her system, and it's better to give vague stories about a script for ambien like it's fact and that she actually took it. Why can't we see this script if it exists or the medication pkt itself. This is just too simple. :facepalm:

BTW, who drives around with a bottle of Absolut Vodka in their car? I had a friend who had cask wine in her car, she was an alcoholic who I never witnessed to be drunk, she didn't slur her speech or stagger, no signs whatsoever that she drank. She had built up a high tolerance for alcohol over many years, and I suspect so did DS.

How do we know that this was the only time she drove drunk and high, we don't. I'm amazed you're making excuses for this woman. She didn't make a wrong turn or the tires blew or any other kind of miscalculation.
She chose to smoke marijuana and drink hard liquor. She chose to drive her vehicle onto the road. DS made those decisions which cost the lives of innocent people who had no choice in the matter. JMO

if she had a high tolerance to alcohol then she wouldnt be impared like they reported but the low blood sugar makes a lot of sense, was she diabetic? I did some reading about low blood sugar and diabetes after I became diabetic. I even asked the doctor why it was not a treatment for diabetes if it lower the sugar so much, he laughed and said you would have to be really soused all day every day LOL no thanks I have to pee with every drink I take then if I force myself to drink a full glass of wine or any booze I get a really bad headache, I think that low blood sugar is a real good guess.. blood alcohol is usually part of the panel they do.

It would certainly make a great deal of sense from his perspective if he were going to lose her income and the house; also, as he never wanted children and she did all the care, he probably never bonded with them. Instead of saying how grateful he was that one child survived - as Gary Eastburn did in the case where his wife and 2 daughters were killed, but the baby was spared - he complained of the burden. Yes: The child perhaps was meant to be disposed of with the sibling and mother .....

From years of reading true crime books, and watching things like forensic files, I will say that it is actually not nearly as far fetched as some of the bizarre murders which spouses or family members have gotten away with for years before something comes to the surface....

I believe it was called 'Wrong Way', yet one forum has it listed as 'Doped', based on Diane Schuler crash, episode 20.8, which I assume is season 8 , episode 20, or vice versa?

Here is a blog post about it:

https://joyouscrybaby.com/tag/law-order-doped-episode/

thankyou ! its coming on 11/23 in HD yippie! I would have never found it and ive been searching 1mdb and goggle, if I had not known it was called " doped" I would never found it !

There are many true crime cases in the US, UK, and Australia, in which extremely complicated, convoluted, and bizarre plans were enacted to try and kill a family member or spouse for money and property. This one would have been relatively simple and uncomplicated as far as things go. As a speculative theory it has a lot of strength.

I think Danny's over the top insistence that his wife didn't drink seemed like a red herring from the beginning. It made him seem loyal and loving to the point of absurdity, as if it were over played.

My gut always felt it had something to do with the hubby... that he knew more than he ever let on.

There are many true crime cases in the US, UK, and Australia, in which extremely complicated, convoluted, and bizarre plans were enacted to try and kill a family member or spouse for money and property. This one would have been relatively simple and uncomplicated as far as things go. As a speculative theory it has a lot of strength.

I think Danny's over the top insistence that his wife didn't drink seemed like a red herring from the beginning. It made him seem loyal and loving to the point of absurdity, as if it were over played.

Sounds crazy, but it could very well be the case.

Things that sounded crazy turned out to be true.

Anything is possible. Thing do not look like what they are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back