KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That article is confusing, especially since it was updated on Oct. 16th. Is this a third officer that was fired over the investigation, or are they still talking about NH ? I thought Nick had been fired months ago.

Confusing, yes, as the update is dated October 16, yet as Steelman noted, Nick was fired a long time ago. I guess this news station is just now getting around to writing this.

I want so badly for law-enforcement to find crystal. I want these two brothers to quit feeling so smug.

That article is confusing, especially since it was updated on Oct. 16th. Is this a third officer that was fired over the investigation, or are they still talking about NH ? I thought Nick had been fired months ago.
It is confusing! But I noticed what I thought was the "update" is October 16, 2015. I think maybe that's the original story and it was updated 8/2016.

Confusing, yes, as the update is dated October 16, yet as Steelman noted, Nick was fired a long time ago. I guess this news station is just now getting around to writing this.

I want so badly for law-enforcement to find crystal. I want these two brothers to quit feeling so smug.

Imo. The brother was on the job when he helped conceal his brothers murder.

So the department doesn't want to pay Crystals family millions of dollars since one of their own helped cover it up while on shift.

So imo.

This is why Crystal still has no justice. Jmo.

The county doesn't want to be sued.

Imo. The brother was on the job when he helped conceal his brothers murder.

So the department doesn't want to pay Crystals family millions of dollars since one of their own helped cover it up while on shift.

So imo.

This is why Crystal still has no justice. Jmo.

The county doesn't want to be sued.

Combine the issues with Nick in Crystal's case with the complete lack of any murder charge for the awful slaying of Officer Jason Ellis, and I'm thinking there's something stinky with LE in that area.

Mr Ballard's death kind of overshadows this, but I noticed something while looking at my local paper the other day that is kinda/sorta related to Crystal.

A few weeks ago, a local (K9) cop got into trouble involving domestic violence. Naturally, the other party in the incident wasn't named.

Nelson County Deputy arrested Sunday
The Kentucky Standard
Bardstown, KY
10/24/2008
A Nelson County sheriff’s deputy was arrested Sunday on a domestic violence charge and has been placed on unpaid administrative leave pending an ongoing internal investigation.

Brandon Scott Bryan, a K-9 officer, was arrested Sunday on a fourth-degree assault charge, according to an arrest citation.
Matthews responded to the residence on Balltown Road. According to the citation, Bryan said he “grabbed (the woman) by her shoulders and sat her down on the bed” following an argument.

The woman told deputies Bryan “held her neck at one point, and this wasn’t the first time this had happened,” according to the citation.

The other day, the results of a newspaper-sponsored "Cutest Kid" contest were published. It had a picture of the little girl that won along with her parents. Her parents were Officer Bryan and Brooke Ballard. She looked familiar and I realized that she is Crystal's sister and is often seen in stories about finding Crystal.
(I don't have an online subscription to see if this little story is online to give a link. It's on page A2 of the 11/16/2016 Kentucky Standard)

And I just noticed that it mentioned Balltown Road. That's not very far from Houck's grandmother's farm that was searched earlier. It's not very close, road-wise, to Balltown Road. As the crow flies, it isn't too far. But that doesn't count since we're not birds.

OK, so someone posted a list on Twitter of Nelson Co. murders that are unsolved, beginning with Daniel Cahoe, then Officer Ellis, Kathy & Samantha Netherland, and Crystal Rogers. I knew about all but Daniel Cahoe, so I started researching. He was actually killed in Spencer County but was from Nelson County and his parents believe whoever killed him is from Nelson County. It gets very weird here - his IDENTICAL twin brother was also shot in a separate incident, yet police say that the two shootings were not related. I have wondered if at least some of these unsolved murders are linked. We have assumed that Crystal's death was domestic violence. However, what if she knew something about, say, Officer Ellis' death (since Brooks' brother was a cop)? I have also seen rumors floating around that the Netherlands' deaths could be somehow connected to the Houk brothers. All of this is speculation. But read this about Cahoe, then consider that a cop's death has also gone unsolved, and all the rest, and I'd say it's time for the FBI to get their butts in there and start looking for any possible links to any of these deaths. http://www.kystandard.com/content/‘you-only-need-one-person-tell-truth

OK, so someone posted a list on Twitter of Nelson Co. murders that are unsolved, beginning with Daniel Cahoe, then Officer Ellis, Kathy & Samantha Netherland, and Crystal Rogers. I knew about all but Daniel Cahoe, so I started researching. He was actually killed in Spencer County but was from Nelson County and his parents believe whoever killed him is from Nelson County. It gets very weird here - his IDENTICAL twin brother was also shot in a separate incident, yet police say that the two shootings were not related. I have wondered if at least some of these unsolved murders are linked. We have assumed that Crystal's death was domestic violence. However, what if she knew something about, say, Officer Ellis' death (since Brooks' brother was a cop)? I have also seen rumors floating around that the Netherlands' deaths could be somehow connected to the Houk brothers. All of this is speculation. But read this about Cahoe, then consider that a cop's death has also gone unsolved, and all the rest, and I'd say it's time for the FBI to get their butts in there and start looking for any possible links to any of these deaths. http://www.kystandard.com/content/‘you-only-need-one-person-tell-truth

I've actually never thought it was a domestic abuse case and that's kind of always been the speculation around here. I think the consensus has always kind of been that there's a connection between all
Of them except for the guy shot in Spencer co. I don't know much about him. As for the mom and daughter, it's always been harder to connect but not out of the realm of possibility. Ofc Ellis and Crystal Rogers have always had a connection in my mind and I'm not real sure we're allowed to discuss it here so if it, then sorry. The Netherlands and Ofc Ellis both have threads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot within days of each other? When I hear identical twins are both targeted, it sure sounds related to me. Who knows?

I hate to hog this thread since I don't know much more than anyone else out there on the street, but I found one hell of a coincidence... Those words aren't even strong enough.

This the front page of our local paper. It is a story about a 35-year-old murder. The victim of of the murder was Crystal's aunt, though she died before Crystal was born. I'm including a link to a story about that connection, too.

But look at the picture at the top right of the page. It's Brooks Houck pictured while involved in the race for NC Sheriff.

(Front Page)
The Kentucky Standard
1/31/2014
Ballot grows a little more crowded at election filing deadline
Brooks Houk, one of four candidates for sheriff, looks at a list
of candidates to see who else has filed for the May primary
moments before the filing deadline. At right is Deputy County
Clerk Kim Bryan.
The pain persists
Family says loss of loved one still hard after 35 years
Described as a peaceful
person, Sherry Ballard
was someone who had a
big heart, quiet strength
and was an overall good
person.
Most of all, she was
excited about becoming a
first-time mother.
It’s been more than
three decades since Sherry
was murdered and friends
and family members said
the pain hasn’t gone away.
“It’s been 35 years, but
it seems like yesterday,”
Jack Ballard, Sherry’s
uncle, said of his niece’s
death. “You just don’t get
over it.”
Sherry was 19 years
old and seven and a half
months pregnant when
she was last seen on Jan.
29, 1979. The Kentucky
Standard reported in 1979
that Sherry left her parents’
home on Caney Fork
Road to take her vehicle
to get some repair work
done.
The next day, Sherry
didn’t make her doctor’s
appointment in Louisville.

Search For Missing Mom Crystal Rogers Eerily Similar To Aunt’s 1979 Disappearance
The Huffington Post
8/18/2015
Rogers’ disappearance is not the first time her family has had to search for a missing loved one. In 1979, her aunt, Sherry Ballard Barnes, 19, disappeared from Bardstown. Her vehicle was found submerged in the Ohio River, but investigators found no sign of the teen.

“They searched for years,” Rogers’ cousin, Andrew Ballard, told The Kentucky Standard. “She was pregnant.”

Barnes’ remains, along with those of her unborn child, were found buried in a rural area three years after her disappearance.
Barnes’ husband, Edsel “Eddie” Barnes, was arrested and ultimately convicted in 1984 of hiring a man to kill his estranged wife so he would not have to pay child support. Barnes was sentenced to life in prison.

I don't know how anyone in Crystal's family can hold it together through all of this. Seriously... What could anybody possibly have ever done to deserve all of this crap???

I don't think the Cahoes were related to either Officer Ellis or Crystal. I went to school with both of the Cahoe boys, but didn't know them very well. They lived in the same neighborhood as a friend of mine and I saw them at school. Basically the same as with Crystal. I know that one of the twins was dumped pretty close to where I live, a little bit into Spencer County.

I think the Cahoes got messed up into something bad regarding drugs (from local rumors). Officer Ellis was likely killed over something, possibly drug related, that another cop was trying to cover up. Crystal was likely killed by a cop, but probably for some kind of "personal" (domestic violence?) reason.

That said, I don't trust local LE. For the past few months, we've had a cop with a bad reputation (killed a black guy outside a convenience store in Louisville) as Bardstown's Chief of Police. The new chief isn't really a local, but I don't know if that will help much.

Yeh I don't think the Cahoe's are part of this either but who knows...it's all so convoluted and crazy. I do think Ellis has something to do with Crystal, and the Netherlands. Maybe it's just easier for me to think they're all related because if they're not, that means there are some pretty evil individuals walking around Nelson co.

As far as the new chief of police, I don't know much about him but I like that he isn't local. I actually liked the former chief of police. He was from Louisville and spent a lot of time there and a lot of time as a US Marshal. I really think he could've done a lot of good and I was surprised to see him go.

Yeh I don't think the Cahoe's are part of this either but who knows...it's all so convoluted and crazy. I do think Ellis has something to do with Crystal, and the Netherlands. Maybe it's just easier for me to think they're all related because if they're not, that means there are some pretty evil individuals walking around Nelson co.

As far as the new chief of police, I don't know much about him but I like that he isn't local. I actually liked the former chief of police. He was from Louisville and spent a lot of time there and a lot of time as a US Marshal. I really think he could've done a lot of good and I was surprised to see him go.

Bardstown Police Department has a new chief
WDRB 41
Louisville, KY
11/10/2016
Thursday was his first day on the job. In addition to meeting and greeting, Chief Uram got the scoop on the good and the bad about his new department, which some believe has developed somewhat of a stigma.

"We are going to work to get rid of that stigma," he said.

The new chief also knows the department is still scarred from several unsolved murders. That includes Officer Jason Ellis in 2013 and Kathy and Samantha Netherland a year later.

"I am aware of both of those, and they are arranging for a KSP detective to sit down and give me updates on the cases," Chief Uram said.
Another big issue is the relationship, or lack of one, between the Bardstown Police Department and the Nelson County Sheriff's Office, which is right next door. Chief Uram took steps to change that on his first day on the job.

"The sheriff was in this office this morning. He and I had a conversation," he said. "I'll be meeting his command staff (Friday)."

Some friends of mine said that he is/was one of the Bloomfield cops. (Yes, itty-bitty Bloomfield has a couple of cops - mainly speed-trap operators). I didn't believe them, but it might be the Bfield guy. I thankfully haven't had to meet him from being pulled over, so I've never had a real close-up look at him. Sometimes they cop in Bfield would "patrol" the alley behind where I work. So I've just seen him in a car a few hundred feet away.

I didn't feel like believing those friends because of something else relevant here. They keep telling me where Crystal is. Each time they say, it changes a bit and sometimes the stories have different characters involved. I usually would try to give the benefit of the doubt, but last night they said something that massacred any credibility of anything they said...

They were (seriously) under the impression that Nick Houck (Brooks' brother) had been charged with murdering Crystal, had already gone to trial and was acquitted.
NOBODY's been arrested for anything related to her disappearance other than some perjury. I don't think they believed me, either.

:banghead::facepalm::shame::gaah::waitasec:

Too many thoughts when reading this....all of which are expressed eloquently by the emoticons above.

The mother and daughter that were killed in April 2014 at their home - the mother was a teacher and I've read that Officer Ellis' special needs child was her student. I'll see if I can find a link.

Also Crystal's dad was shot and killed in the last few days. He was hunting, in a fairly large clearing wearing an orange vest. I believe they are already looking into it as a homicide.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng-womans-dad-killed-hunting-mishap/94126568/

Sorry if the above message and links has already been mentioned in one of the threads. I'm at work and can't go back to reread them right now.

I wish there was a way we could link the Netherlands, Ellis, Crystal and her dad's threads to one place. I'm assuming her dad will also have a thread on here.

Also Crystal's dad was shot and killed in the last few days. He was hunting, in a fairly large clearing wearing an orange vest. I believe they are already looking into it as a homicide.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng-womans-dad-killed-hunting-mishap/94126568/

Sorry if the above message and links has already been mentioned in one of the threads. I'm at work and can't go back to reread them right now.

I wish there was a way we could link the Netherlands, Ellis, Crystal and her dad's threads to one place. I'm assuming her dad will also have a thread on here.

He does have a thread.

:(

OMG you're kidding? What on earth is going on in that county and more to the point, how much heartache can one family endure?? I feel so bad for them all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow