Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
If TK didn't commit the superbike murders, why would he fabricate a story for his own mother as to why it happened? Surely it could be disproved pretty easily that he wasn't the customer in the shop. And if he was the customer in the shop, it's a pretty huge coincidence that this guy who has killed (at current count) 3 other people with a gun, the customer who the sheriff was pretty convinced was their guy, was not responsible and yet confesses to be responsible to gain... leverage?

Not sure how much leverage you can get for murder by admitting to more murders...

:moo:

If TK didn't commit the superbike murders, why would he fabricate a story for his own mother as to why it happened? Surely it could be disproved pretty easily that he wasn't the customer in the shop. And if he was the customer in the shop, it's a pretty huge coincidence that this guy who has killed (at current count) 3 other people with a gun, the customer who the sheriff was pretty convinced was their guy, was not responsible and yet confesses to be responsible to gain... leverage?

Not sure how much leverage you can get for murder by admitting to more murders...

Agree, and the Sheriff said he gave information that only the murderer would know.

Agree, and the Sheriff said he gave information that only the murderer would know.
I don't see why he would admit to it if he didn't do it either. I can see where the family is coming from too though. I don't think (please correct me if I am wrong) that they were told yet what TK has said that only the murderer would know. The only thing that was said was "each victim had one gun shot wound to the forhead"...and that this info was not released to the public prior. I guess as a loved one I would want more evidence. Gun, leather jacket, anything else that proves him at the crime scene than the gun shot locations on each victim.

All imo.

But I do believe they have the killer.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

From what I'm reading, the info TK claims to have that "only the killer would know" is allegedly not true. According to the profiler, anyway. That seems to be a rather bold claim since, I'm sure anyone and everyone associated with this case knows exactly where those victims were shot.

From what I'm reading, the info TK claims to have that "only the killer would know" is allegedly not true. According to the profiler, anyway. That seems to be a rather bold claim since, I'm sure anyone and everyone associated with this case knows exactly where those victims were shot.

LE haven't confirmed that is the only information TK gave them, to my knowledge...?

Profilers, even the best, sometimes get it wrong.

Sometimes, when you're set on a theory, it's hard to shift your mind, even when evidence comes out that differs. It makes me think of how people are still trying to tie NN into all this because they were convinced she was involved at the start.

It may come out that NN was involved. It may come out that TK didn't commit the superbike murders, but at the moment, all evidence is pointing another way and neither we nor the profiler have ALL the evidence at hand that LE do. I would trust they know a little more than she does at this stage.

JMO.

^ Agreed completely. For LE to tell the public "we've got our man" when they really don't, is just unthinkable. There would have to be a lot of folks connected to this case (from investigators to the folks at the medical examiner's office, court clerks, etc.) that would all have to agree to the story. Highly unlikely that would ever happen.

Does any one know how reputable Pat Brown is as a profiler? She posted a few blogs about the super bike murders after the sheriff said that she hadn't had access to the case when she had in fact spent a week reviewing it. She has now posted this blog stating that the so called facts that TK has put forward, therefor proving his guilt are incorrect:

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/is-todd-kohlhepp-really-superbike-killer.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some interesting comments on the story on Super Bike that Crime Watch Daily did in Feb 2016: http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/02/...n-motorsports-shop-in-middle-of-day/#comments

I found the comments by LMR on 11-6 beneath the crimewatch daily article interesting.

Why is he being represented by a public defender whiile supposedly having a lucrative business plus land?

All TK's "assets" are probably mostly bank owned. His success is just as fake as everything else about him.

Do we know whether he was allowed to transfer money and or assets to the unnamed girl he wanted to? (one of the three requests made of LE before he confessed to superbike, etc)

Perhaps he is now indigent and the transfer of assets/funds is the reason?

Please forgive me if I have missed something but maybe he has a public defender, just sitting there so that later down the road he can't appeal for lack of counsel or something. So in other words he didn't want one , but got one anyway , even if he doesn't have a true active role ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know whether he was allowed to transfer money and or assets to the unnamed girl he wanted to? (one of the three requests made of LE before he confessed to superbike, etc)

Perhaps he is now indigent and the transfer of assets/funds is the reason?
That's what I asked many posts ago... I said that I don't believe the sheriff should have honored the request of letting TK transfer money to the unknown child until after all the cases were closed and trials over, because I feared allowing him to do that was for nefarious purpose aka being indigent and making the state have to pay for his trial/lawyers/defence...

I got a response from another poster that they were looking into the legality of it.

I've ready every article and watched every video. I recall the sheriff stating that TK'S requests were reasonable.

I also seem to remember in the 48 hours segment the sheriff saying that the requests were granted because they were not unreasonable. I may have to watch it again just to be sure that I understood correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The sheriff saying it was a reasonable request made me think it was a small amount of money. That said, we never learned how much money he was allowed to transfer or if he for sure was allowed to transfer it. As for TK's finances, I would not be surprised at all if he has higher debt to income ratio allowing him to qualify for a public defender. He drove 2 expensive cars had a house and 95 acres of land he bought less than 2 years ago. There is a lot just over 100 acres in Woodruff for sale right now that is listed for over a million dollars. Very unlikely that TK's land was paid off in only 2 years. JMO.

Only reason I don't think it is a "BDSM" cage is due to the statement TK mother made regarding TK treating KB so well in captivity. She says something to the effect, he brought her food, water, drink, and something to lay down on. I suppose those cages could be different sizes, but in my mind a "BDSM" cage is one you stand up in and can not lie down in.
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Sheriff repeats in this article today she was found in what was like a shark cage. That sounds like a BDSM cage to me. He mentioned she was bound at the feet and a chain from the top to a collar to the neck.

The sheriff saying it was a reasonable request made me think it was a small amount of money. That said, we never learned how much money he was allowed to transfer or if he for sure was allowed to transfer it. As for TK's finances, I would not be surprised at all if he has higher debt to income ratio allowing him to qualify for a public defender. He drove 2 expensive cars had a house and 95 acres of land he bought less than 2 years ago. There is a lot just over 100 acres in Woodruff for sale right now that is listed for over a million dollars. Very unlikely that TK's land was paid off in only 2 years. JMO.
Actually if you look at public records (someone shared them in one of the threads) both his land and his home are completely paid off.

He bought the home first, paid it off in 2 years, bought the land and only recently paid it off as well.

He also paid cash for the garage structure on the land, complete with solar panels, waste, water, and propane tanks, he bought his bobcat or whatever its called, and also paid cash for all the fencing which he bragged cost over $80k.

I would REALLY like to know where all this money is coming from!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Only reason I don't think it is a "BDSM" cage is due to the statement TK mother made regarding TK treating KB so well in captivity. She says something to the effect, he brought her food, water, drink, and something to lay down on. I suppose those cages could be different sizes, but in my mind a "BDSM" cage is one you stand up in and can not lie down in.
Do a search on them...if you dare. Those cases come in all shapes and sizes. They have ones you can stand up in that are tall and narrow, giant ones that look like a travelling lion cage, triangle ones, etc. Given what they found in the garage bedroom I have little doubt it was a bdsm cage.

Actually if you look at public records (someone shared them in one of the threads) both his land and his home are completely paid off.

He bought the home first, paid it off in 2 years, bought the land and only recently paid it off as well.

He also paid cash for the garage structure on the land, complete with solar panels, waste, water, and propane tanks, he bought his bobcat or whatever its called, and also paid cash for all the fencing which he bragged cost over $80k.

I would REALLY like to know where all this money is coming from!!!

I must have missed that. I found where to look up the tax value of his land but I don't see where to see when he paid it off: http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/fl_search.php?county=sc_spartanburg&searchType=name

I must have missed that. I found where to look up the tax value of his land but I don't see where to see when he paid it off: http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/fl_search.php?county=sc_spartanburg&searchType=name
I want to say the link was to a county.assesors office. It had all the info about the parcel of land, photos, coordinates, date of purchase, date loan was satisfied, etc. Same for his house. I will look for it on my laptop when I get a chance.

I wasnt able to find out if there were loans against any of his vehicles or not, but one of his FB comments mentions that he was finally "finished with payments on the BMW", not sure which one...but it would seem at least one was paid off, if not all.

Leverage was probably the wrong word, I meant more that he was playing with LE ....

If they came to him to ask about the SB murders because his name was on that list and they finally put 2 and 2 together, that's different from him just confessing.

I agree it would be crazy to cop to a murder you didn't commit but then again, it's crazy to kill people and keep a woman hostage so who knows.

I just think it would be interesting to know if he fessed up about the SB murders or if LE made the connection first. I can't imagine why he would fess up about those murders un prompted unless he wanted to get something going in his favour. "I'll tell you about X if you let me do Y"

So therefore it is possible that if LE raised it with him, he thought, I'm screwed anyway and copped to it to get his way, he can always withdraw his confession and say he was coerced. I don't necessarily think this is probable but with the profiler saying the stories don't match, it could be possible. just makes me wonder if LE were too quick to jump on it just like they were quick to dismiss him earlier and if there is actual evidence to back it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members