Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What throws a few of us off is LE's lack of labeling the disappearance as an abduction or really anything. I would hope if they had info that somebody took her they would label it an abduction.

ETA: Or maybe LE doesn't trust the info

Right, but wouldn't they err on the side of caution and encourage continued searching, or at least not discourage it by essentially saying, "Nothing to find around here." Who's going to keep searching if LE is "telling" them it's pointless?

And why in the beans and crackers is her family not in the media daily calling out for help in finding her? Is there no press that would love to run with this story on a continued basis, even exclusively?

I don't think I could force myself to be this complacent if my daughter was missing. I think I'd be like the parents in "Gone Girl." Setting up a task force, etc.
UNLESS...I had a very solid reason to believe she was nowhere near, and even then, I'd be fanning the search out via publicity. And I don't mean sharing FB posters to pass around page to page.

I wonder if a family of a MP has help with this kind of stuff? Are there groups/individuals specialized in the public handling of situations like this?
Media consultant? Do's and don't's? Surely they could hire someone with some of the money collected, or the well-off by their statement) family members could hire someone to get this thing rolling loudly. All my opinion only.

Talk me through this.
LE must have solid info that she hasn't been in the area since the time that they stated that right?
Otherwise, wouldn't it be truly negligent? unconscionable? to make that statement, call off searches, and whatnot as that would really discourage the public from looking/watching out for her.

I almost wonder if there was some kind of communication from an abductor(s) right from the get go that for whatever reason ceased to progress.
KP said early on that he was waiting for a call, some instructions, etc. so they could get her back.

Makes me think they might know exactly who they're dealing with and we're trying like heck to get them to reconnect.

Maybe she was snatched and something went terribly wrong and the bad guys panicked, and abandoned the whole plan.

I dunno. This is one of the strangest cases I've ever seen. There's a whole list of questions I'd love to ask an insider!
I'm not sure what is going on with all of this ransom stuff, but as far as LE is concerned, could she have contacted them and it was verified that she has left and does not want to be found?
Could she have told them she left the state and has no plans to return? Would LE announce this if she asked for it to remain confidential and not to share the info with family?
\_( '_' )_/ I dunno!!

MOO

Right, but wouldn't they err on the side of caution and encourage continued searching, or at least not discourage it by essentially saying, "Nothing to find around here." Who's going to keep searching if LE is "telling" them it's pointless?

And why in the beans and crackers is her family not in the media daily calling out for help in finding her? Is there no press that would love to run with this story on a continued basis, even exclusively?

I don't think I could force myself to be this complacent if my daughter was missing. I think I'd be like the parents in "Gone Girl." Setting up a task force, etc.
UNLESS...I had a very solid reason to believe she was nowhere near, and even then, I'd be fanning the search out via publicity. And I don't mean sharing FB posters to pass around page to page.

I wonder if a family of a MP has help with this kind of stuff? Are there groups/individuals specialized in the public handling of situations like this?
Media consultant? Do's and don't's? Surely they could hire someone with some of the money collected, or the well-off by their statement) family members could hire someone to get this thing rolling loudly. All my opinion only.
Imo when they called off the searches early on that alone told me they had some kind of info to decide she wasn't local.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Has LE checked into this negotiator to make sure he is genuine and that this is not his "first case"?

SP's disappearance is the most bizarre one of its kind I have yet to hear about.

And I suspect when we find out the truth it will be a lot uglier than we expected.

I'm not sure what is going on with all of this ransom stuff, but as far as LE is concerned, could she have contacted them and it was verified that she has left and does not want to be found?
Could she have told them she left the state and has no plans to return? Would LE announce this if she asked for it to remain confidential and not to share the info with family?
\_( '_' )_/ I dunno!!

MOO

She could definitely do this BUT if she did, LE wouldn't do an interview telling the public that she's a missing person under suspicious circumstances, and considered, "at risk." They would simply change her classification with the DOJ to voluntarily missing adult, and they wouldn't have to tell the public anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This whole ransom/reward/video thing is so incredibly bizarre. :thinking:

Does this guy have any other similar videos like the one for Sherri?

this guys website is no good, project taken, takes me to a foreign site

Strange case. I have been following along but not commented. I have fallen down the rabbit hole and waiting for a rescue or an extraction. For myself. I hope there are answers soon. Kudos to all who have hung in here. Hoping for a good outcome. As i said hoping. Lordy this is wack.

Exactly what I think. This ransom thing elevates this case into a very strange category. Certainly keeps me coming back to this thread/case when I really should be doing other things. Will it help locate Sherri? Who knows.

Yes, there are a bunch of organizations that can and will assist the family. I would guess that the group that helped organize the early grid searches have given names to the family. But we haven't heard a word. Texas Equasearch is one that multiple people have mentioned here and on the Find Sherri Facebook page that would likely assist but they need a request from LE.

It is truly baffling.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I really wish there was an update from LE. Something. I don't want them to ruin a case or anything but if the Gamble guys people get the info ... case is ruined .... so come on LE step it please

There is Kenny Jarels and The AWARE Foundation:

"The AWARE Foundation, Inc., assists families with missing loved ones.

AWARE connects you with search and rescue teams, missing person's projects, and various law enforcement agenices around the country.

AWARE spreads the word about your missing loved one through various social media outlets in order to reach tens of thousands of individuals."

http://www.theawarefoundation.net/about.html

Creepcrusher: Thanks! I had no idea how it would be worded. I remember when Nadia Suleman voluntarily left her husband and she had 5 kids. She was only.missing a few days before she contacted police, but I don't remember what they said- other than she had left voluntarily and had made contact with them.

I am with you. I stated earlier the lack of urgency and resources devoted to finding SP other than this bogus ransom is baffling to me.

Imo when they called off the searches early on that alone told me they had some kind of info to decide she wasn't local.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

No doubt. It's the only logical explanation. And it would explain why the family isn't raising hell about it. The question is, did she leave the area based on her own free will, or was she forced to do it?

That's about the only thing LE seems to be concerned with.

I'm really starting to wonder if she met someone online- a wolf in disguise. Happens all the time.

I truly thought there would be a break in this case by now. Very strange case. I hope she is found soon and her family gets the answers they so desperately need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

9. Hoax

Does pseudocide fall under that heading?

I bring this up because of:

1. The fact her cell phone and earbuds were the last thing found when she was supposedly jogging and
2. This recent claim that someone saw what appeared to be a description of her as passenger in a car with a guy driving, trying to keep her appearing inconspicuous
3. The money factor involved - and probably the most important factor in the case.

9. Hoax

Does pseudocide fall under that heading?

I bring this up because of:

1. The fact her cell phone and earbuds were the last thing found when she was supposedly jogging and
2. This recent claim that someone saw what appeared to be a description of her as passenger in a car with a guy driving, trying to keep her appearing inconspicuous
3. The money factor involved - and probably the most important factor in the case.
Do you a link for number 2? I haven't seen that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I feel bad saying this, but I'm getting pretty annoyed with this case. No comments in forever from LE or the family. They know something so we're really just spinning since they won't release the helpful info.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Maybe by the weekend there will be some actual news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member