Found Deceased MD - Michael Bagley, 23, Baltimore, 20 November 2016

kwash

Reaction score
Baltimore Police Missing Person Investigation

Detectives are asking for your help to find 23-year old Michael Bagley. He was last seen on November 20, 2016, in the 1700 block of Thames Street.

Bagley suffers from a medical condition and his family is concerned about his well-being. Bagley was last seen wearing a green vest, blue shirt, brown pants, and blue shoes.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Michael Bagley is asked to dial 911.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 85
I understand that his medical condition is diabetes for which he requires medication. He was last seen at 1:30 am speaking with an unknown woman outside of the Waterfront Hotel - a bar with live music in Fells Point (a popular, upscale area of Baltimore).

I'm not sure I would call Fells Point an "upscale" area. It is diverse and it is in the city, so it is certainly not exempt from seedy people. It is also a big party spot, especially on a Saturday night-Sunday morning. I'd want to know if anyone knew the woman and what she looked like, how drunk Michael might have been, and other such details. I can't find any details though.

Flyer for Michael

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1606653399640832:0
6c70f28743a1de5aea6e196c0bb12170.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I am Michael's sister. We have since discovered that he was not necessarily last seen with anyone. He was last seen leaving the Waterfront alone. Thank you for posting!!!

Thank you to everyone looking into my brother's disappearance. As of right now, we have no concrete leads. He has had no phone or debit card activity since 11/19 and has not made contact with any friends or family. He is a Type 1 diabetic and did not have his medication with him. The Baltimore Police Department is currently investigating but have not informed us of any good evidence/information. Any thoughts/independent investigation is appreciated and welcome. Family and friends have been sharing the information on social media and the 4 local major news stations (local affiliates of ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS) have covered this on their social media and 3 stations have aired it on their newscasts. National missing person/child agencies have also shared the information on social media. Fliers have been posted all over the Baltimore area by the BPD, friends, and family.

Security cameras can sometimes help. I am sure more sleuthers will be around shortly to possibly help. Social media exposure helps too.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Oh too. I think if you could get verified by the admin or owner of WS would be good.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Thank you to everyone looking into my brother's disappearance. As of right now, we have no concrete leads. He has had no phone or debit card activity since 11/19 and has not made contact with any friends or family. He is a Type 1 diabetic and did not have his medication with him. The Baltimore Police Department is currently investigating but have not informed us of any good evidence/information. Any thoughts/independent investigation is appreciated and welcome. Family and friends have been sharing the information on social media and the 4 local major news stations (local affiliates of ABC, NBC, Fox, and CBS) have covered this on their social media and 3 stations have aired it on their newscasts. National missing person/child agencies have also shared the information on social media. Fliers have been posted all over the Baltimore area by the BPD, friends, and family.
Please consider becoming a verified insider

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277

You don't have to provide links to back up information that you share on here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hello, I am Michael's sister. We have since discovered that he was not necessarily last seen with anyone. He was last seen leaving the Waterfront alone. Thank you for posting!!!

Dear KBags,

I am so very sorry that you and your family are having to go through this and would like to help as much as I can.

As lmadler mentioned, security camera footage is often helpful in tracing the person's movements, especially when that cannot be done via a "Find iPhone"-type app, pinging, triangulation, etc. I noticed that ABC2 News posted a link to your FB post regarding Michael, and it appears that LE are trying to track him down electronically, so that's good (including credit/debit card use, ATM withdrawals, etc., I assume).
http://www.abc2news.com/news/region...lice-looking-for-man-last-seen-in-fells-point

I also noticed on FB you said that all of the area hospitals had been contacted. Have you or someone helping you actually visited these facilities (ERs; especially, also make sure that staff from all shifts are aware) in person with a photograph of Michael? I have seen at least two cases in the past couple of months alone where the missing person had been at a hospital the entire time (two weeks in one case; in both cases, the individuals were not able to provide identifying information due to their medical condition).

One question: Is there security camera footage showing Michael leaving the Waterfront Hotel Bar, heading east on Thames St., or is this based on an eyewitness account? Also, is 1 a.m., Sunday, November 20th pretty accurate? Thank you, and best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you so much for these suggestions!

There is security footage showing him exiting the Waterfront at approximately 1am and heading east on Thames St.

We've been very lucky to have a strong presence on social media and many national and local missing persons pages have shared the information.

BPD has been collecting and looking into the footage from the area but they haven't indicated that it's given them any leads. The marine unit did search the harbor twice and indicated nothing/no one was found.

There was also no Uber/Lyft activity on his account that evening, but I've asked the police to contact both companies to share my brother's picture to see if he rode along with another user that night.

Thank you so much for these suggestions!

There is security footage showing him exiting the Waterfront at approximately 1am and heading east on Thames St.

We've been very lucky to have a strong presence on social media and many national and local missing persons pages have shared the information.

BPD has been collecting and looking into the footage from the area but they haven't indicated that it's given them any leads. The marine unit did search the harbor twice and indicated nothing/no one was found.

There was also no Uber/Lyft activity on his account that evening, but I've asked the police to contact both companies to share my brother's picture to see if he rode along with another user that night.

Thank you for checking in, KBags! Been thinking about Michael all day.

Did Michael tell anyone, whether in person, via text, etc., where he was headed when he left the Waterfront Hotel Bar? If Michael was headed home, would it be more likely that he got an Uber/Lyft than for him to have walked? Finally, have LE told you where his last phone ping came from before it ran out of battery or was turned off? I hope that Michael is found safe and very soon. He is very fortunate to have a sister like you.

Thank you so much for your kindness! Both of our parents have passed away so he's my only immediate family member left and this is certainly a very difficult situation.

Michael was with friends who were ready to head home but Michael wanted to stay out, according to them. He and his 3 friends took an Uber into Fells Point from their home in Charles Village (about 15-20 minute drive), that his roommate paid for on his phone. BPD hasn't told me the last phone ping location but my presumption is that it was still in Fells Point. (I would consider anywhere else to be a legitimate lead that they would have shared) To my knowledge, he didn't communicate to anyone where he was planning to go next.

Not much to add. Just to let you know there are great sleuthers here who will help in any and all ways possible. I'm so sorry you're going through this and I can't imagine the pain of losing both parents. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi KBags,

If you haven't already, perhaps you can post/share the flyer for Michael on your own FB timeline and tag bars, restaurants, etc. that Michael might have gone to after he left the Waterfront. Assuming that those businesses will share the post on their own timelines, I would also make sure to ask people who may have been at these businesses around the time Michael disappeared (say, between midnight and 9 AM on the 20th) to take a close look at any photo they might have taken while there.

Hope this helps. Thinking of you and Michael tonight.

Thank you for the suggestions! I know the police (or I or my colleagues) have spoken with the employees but I don't know about pictures, so I'll ask the police about that. I've posted the flier on my Facebook and many missing person organizations, schools, and bars/restaurants have reposted/shared, for which I'm very grateful.

Still no new leads. Thank you all for your help!

I am local to the Baltimore area and have been checking in on this. Have also shared the flyer via FB. Have the police indicated what they think may have happened? Do you think he may have tried to talk home? That's a rough area between Fells and CV. Though there's no indication he didn't have his phone or wallet so no reason for him to walk. Ughhh - this makes no sense. I truly hope he is found very soon.

(Am also a Mercy high graduate. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers)

Thank you so much!! (And Go Magic! :)) At this point, the police can't rule anything out because there isn't enough information to suggest any particular thing happened. Couldn't agree more that it makes no sense. That's been a thought of ours, that he might have tried walking home, but again we don't have anything to confirm that, so it, like a million other options, are still open to the police. No indication he was without phone or wallet and we know his phone was in the Fells Point area through midnight and possibly after, due to what's come up on phone records. All we know is that there's been no financial or phone activity since about 11/19.

Thanks so much for your prayers and good thoughts! Grateful for everyone's input and happy to hear more ideas. Also interested in any recommendations for a private investigator. At this point, if we go in that direction, we want to make sure it's someone who will make this a #1 priority, can be creative, and will produce results.

Thank you so much!! (And Go Magic! :)) At this point, the police can't rule anything out because there isn't enough information to suggest any particular thing happened. Couldn't agree more that it makes no sense. That's been a thought of ours, that he might have tried walking home, but again we don't have anything to confirm that, so it, like a million other options, are still open to the police. No indication he was without phone or wallet and we know his phone was in the Fells Point area through midnight and possibly after, due to what's come up on phone records. All we know is that there's been no financial or phone activity since about 11/19.

Thanks so much for your prayers and good thoughts! Grateful for everyone's input and happy to hear more ideas. Also interested in any recommendations for a private investigator. At this point, if we go in that direction, we want to make sure it's someone who will make this a #1 priority, can be creative, and will produce results.

Thanks for checking back in. Continuing to keep you and Michael in my thoughts and prayers. So it sounds like LE were able to determine where Michael's phone last pinged, or otherwise retrieve some sort of location data, maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back