UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, you might get preloaded before heading off, but you have a few drinks and then take public transport into town. You don't drive in and then sit drinking in your car for an hour where any copper could come along and knock on your window.

It's not clear how much Corrie drank in that hour, but we do know that after briefly visiting two other bars looking for his friends nd finding them in FLEX, he was drunk enough or getting that way to be thrown out after only 30 minutes.

It's quite likely then that he was already over the drink-drive limit before he even left his car, aka drunk in charge if a copper had tapped on his window, and THAT situation should not be "normal" for anyone.

Looking back over what happened that night, it's strange to think that something as apparently minor as him being left at base, accidentally or otherwise, triggered a chain of events that almost certainly led to his death within a few hours.

Agree except after "almost certainly". Where's evidence for that bit fps?

Tony has just replied to someone saying Corrie could have left on foot after 8am.

"Please read the update. "He didn't leave on foot before 8am".

This means he either left in a vehicle before 8am or on foot or in a vehicle after 8am."

I'm so confused by this case. I thought we were repeatedly being told he had DEFINITELY left before 8am and that it was IMPOSSIBLE he left on foot. Now he may have left after 8am and may have left on foot. There are so many contradictions and changes of the "facts" in this case that the only thing I'm sure of right now is that a man named Corrie is missing. Everything else is likely to change again by morning.

Its also noticeable that according to Corrie's family, he used to speak to his brother several times a day - EACH day. So why didn't his brother raise the alarm on the Saturday when Corrie went silent?

I'd of thought his brother would of replied to the pic message Corrie sent him whilst in Hughes doorway so why didn't he find it odd that Corrie didn't respond to his reply. After an hour's phonecall on the Friday I'd of at least expect a text from the brother to Corrie asking if he's ok on the Saturday. If it's normal for the family to have daily contact in one way or another I find it most abnormal that nobody queried his silence for 2.5 days.

Sure, you might get preloaded before heading off, but you have a few drinks and then take public transport into town. You don't drive in and then sit drinking in your car for an hour where any copper could come along and knock on your window.

It's not clear how much Corrie drank in that hour, but we do know that after briefly visiting two other bars looking for his friends nd finding them in FLEX, he was drunk enough or getting that way to be thrown out after only 30 minutes.

It's quite likely then that he was already over the drink-drive limit before he even left his car, aka drunk in charge if a copper had tapped on his window, and THAT situation should not be "normal" for anyone.

Looking back over what happened that night, it's strange to think that something as apparently minor as him being left at base, accidentally or otherwise, triggered a chain of events that almost certainly led to his death within a few hours.
Agree except where's evidence for the bit after "almost certainly"?

Re:post 812 by Markymint

You've mentioned a lot of resources going into searching as opposed to CCTV watching (apparently so).

I think it's about the police assessing a situation and assigning likelihood scenarios. So the most likely scenario would have been a drunken young man trying to walk back to base and coming to an accident by the roadside or in a body of water. Hence a lot of searching along that route from BSE to Honington.

Alongside that, if you follow the official police updates, they've called the local taxi services and asked them if they picked up anyone matching Corrie's description. They figured out the bin lorry. They were looking for the mobile phone pings, and those pings led to Barton Mills mast, which is also where the bin lorry went. So they confiscated the bin lorry and made inquiries at the recycling centre.

Still doing those searches at the same time as other lines of inquiry. At the same time they had been searching Corrie's rooms and quarters, talking to Corrie's family and his workmates and officers. They got information about the phone calls Corrie made/received that day/night and had to interview the people on the other end of the phone about the content of those calls. And at the same time they're picking up CCTV from the area where Corrie was last seen and started to get viewing that.

The line searches in the road. Well if a mobile phone has been run over by a car then you've got to do that formation to look for tiny pieces of plastics and chips from the phone, and the case material. They're not just looking for Corrie lying in a hedgerow after being knocked down by a car, they're also looking for signs of Corrie, his phone, wallet, and key fob. Also his clothing, even just little scraps of it that might have been torn off in bushes. Along the BSE to Honington roads they were probably also looking for fresh tyre marks to indicate someone had swerved suddenly.

My personal explanation is that as the searches have come up empty along the roads/rivers/bodies of water, and the CCTV does suggest to me that Corrie left the horseshoe by the time the running man and the bin lorry were there, that probabilities have to be reassigned, and it turns into "could he have got into a vehicle willingly". But which vehicle? Was one there at the right time but you just can't see Corrie get into the car/van? What do police do in this situation? What about trying to get more evidence from human beings who were in the area? Hence the police pod (and I'm sure that costs enough money and resources that it's not just about the family moaning and the police acquiescing, but about the police thinking it is worthwhile).

And at the same time the pod's up, the CCTV has gone to Scotland Yard for further analysis. They're making inquiries as to whether they can get permission to do a fuller interrogation of the mobile phone mast (RIPA Act) and ten other lines of inquiry that are happening in the background that we're not privy to.

And concurrently with all of this, they've got two murder inquiries and several other missing persons inquiries ongoing.

It's frustrating to me to know the family haven't found their boy yet. But, other than man-hours and financial resources, I think the police appear to be doing a lot on this inquiry, and everything for a good reason.

Although note the Facebook posts discussing the behaviour or a man dressed all I'm black lurking around the pod.

Some me of those people have vivid imaginations. They WANT to see something, so they make themselves see something. Just like they make themselves see a bent leg on the CCTV when it's simply a shadow of a wall.

This is getting embarrassing.

Anyone who can possibly believe this strange man wearing dark clothing was connected to Corrie disappearing - when everything PROVES he wasn't dragged along the ground by some strange man - and that this strange man in dark clothing would go to the pod and lurk there, displaying strange behaviour to get himself deliberately noticed must be naive in the extreme. Anywya, if they TRULY thought this man was weird, and maybe he was impaired in some way, people are you know, why didn't they approach him? Fat lot of good it does gawping at someone you think might have stuffed Corrie into a spaceship and not even speaking to him!!

Figments of their imagination. Like I said, some of these women are sadly lonely and have nothing going on in their lives. Which is sad. But when they start imagining things that don't....it's embarrassing

A thought: if it could be shown that (a) Corrie went AWOL and (b) the family knew of that and assisted him, what would be the consequences, if any, for Nicola as a serving police officer and Tony as someone (still) involved in the security sector?

Serious. Very.

IF he's gone AWOL - which you CANNOT rule out - he'd either sling his phone in the bin before leaving - which is probbaly why he went to the bin area - and the lorry unwittingly collected it.

OR.....as it was a 2-SIM card phone, he simply removed SIM card number one (his primary phone number), in the Barton Mills area at about 8am after spending a good few hours there with someone, and then headed off with his phone containing just the second SIM card.

I'd say it was DEFINITELY in the bin lorry...and Corrie himself placed it in there. It was a phone of little value and he would have removed the second SIM before putting the phone in the bin. He probably already had his newly bought phone on him...
Or he is still using it with a second sim card and it was never lost or disposed of in the first place. Sorry I have posted a message twice earlier. Tinternet went down and I thought original was lost.

There have actually been many cases where a driver has accidentally struck a pedestrian and instead of facing up to it they stuff body (and even still alive) in vehicle or boot and drive somewhere isolated to dispose.

Look, I'm not having a pop at you.....just saying, you have a tendency to say this wouldn't happen, he wouldn't have done that... etc. but when if you look into LOTS of missing persons/homicide cases, truth can often be much stranger than fiction!

Also if the driver had been drinking would not be thinking rationally!

It is very strange indeed.

Sometimes in these type of cases the people you suspect the least as being part of someone's disappearance, turn out to be in the thick of it. Yes, it could be that Corrie's family have no idea where he is, but let's suppose they do know he's gone AWOL, they'd NEED to show that they're looking for him. You hav ego look at EVERY element.

Yes I absolutely agree that those involved will seem like they know nothing and even act accordingly.

I have been following a case for a while that has mystified the public and it appears there is a cover up at high level too with this one. I find it hard to believe that family could be involved there but evidence points to the fact that they are.

I think in this case a lot of knowledge of CCTV in the area where Corrie was last seen would be required in order to evade the cameras. How would those involved know that he wasn't caught somewhere on these and the plan be foiled.

Why on earth would a driver knock Corrie over and put him in their boot?!

It was just an example of "the quickest way Corrie could have been injured and involuntarily removed from the scene". Anyway, I can't even remember where I was going with it now!!

Serious. Very.
It is very likely they're not involved - only the one person who picked him up knows. The family will have thought this thru. They must have a niggling suspicion. I immediately thought/hoped drugs and he's laying low with help till no trace left. So 90 days?

Or he is still using it with a second sim card and it was never lost or disposed of in the first place. Sorry I have posted a message twice earlier. Tinternet went down and I thought original was lost.
you did suggest this I just didn't read it properly.

I immediately thought/hoped drugs and he's laying low with help till no trace left. So 90 days?

I can't imagine he could just walk back in after 90 days, or even now, without some very serious questions being raised. He'd have to have one hell of a story to even hope to get away with it.

If the sim was removed and second sim inserted, would that be reflected at all by the phone records or masts? Anyone know or has it been asked/answered already? Btw I live in a rural area and it takes 20 mins to go to town by normal car and it's only 7 miles albeit on a B road with 60 mph national limit and a couple of villages where it's 20/40 limit. Motor bike would be a similar speed too I guess.

Where actually is the Fivewats Roundabout in relation to BSE and Barton Mill? Would that be the direction you'd go if heading south from BSE?

Good question. I looked this up on Google Maps in an earlier thread, and my answer would be 'no' to going south. I didn't look up a route to go south, I just followed the BSE to Barton Mills road, and I figured it's not a natural route to go to Cambridge or anywhere south of Cambridge. It's okay for Ely, Wisbech, up to Lincolnshire.

It's also probably an okay route if you want to get onto the A1, but again I'd want to go north on the A1 not south, and you could go Ely to Peterborough and catch the A1 there. Or, also in Peterborough you could join up with the railway, the East Coast Mainline going up to places like Leeds, and from there it goes all the way up the east side of Scotland (I forget where it terminates, but I'm pretty sure Edinburgh is on that line).

All of what I've said is remembering from that earlier research combined with my knowledge of that rail line. I wouldn't mind researching the map further if we think it might be worth exploring?

ETA that's taking the road from BSE to the Fiveways roundabout. It's remotely possible that the lower road might ping on that mast, and I think that one would go naturally to Newmarket and Cambridge. I don't think from my gut that I'd go south on that road, but the map would need to be looked at, or local knowledge of the natural routes to places like London.

I can't imagine he could just walk back in after 90 days, or even now, without some very serious questions being raised. He'd have to have one hell of a story to even hope to get away with it.
Why couldn't he? The important thing is to let someone know he's ok if that is the scenario anyway, not necessarily to come back.

Why couldn't he? The important thing is to let someone know he's ok if that is the scenario anyway, not necessarily to come back.

I'm not saying he couldn't return after 90 days. I'm saying that if he did he'd have to have a bloody good story to explain such a long absence.

Not being military or ex-military, I don't know whether it would be worse for him to have fafiled a drugs test or gone AWOL for 90 days to avoid one.

Seems we're getting tetchy so it's time for a Quick Poll to see where everyone is at!

Usual - thank the post if you think it's still an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie