VA VA - David Metzler, 19, & Heidi Childs, 18, fatally shot, Montgomery Co, 26 Aug 2009

I mean someone worse than that with a nastier motive such as someone doing something illegal in that immediate area.

Like marijuana growing, yeah maybe. IF there was a sexual component to this (I think there was) then that changes things.

Sadly, we just don't know.

The 7 year mark, 26 August, has come and gone with no news or updates. Since I believe - probably like a lot of others - this was done by someone neither Heidi or David knew it is going to be a tough one to solve. A lot of theories. A stalker (not likely IMO). Someone with a nearby drug operation - meth or a marijuana field. A case of mistaken identity as the killer expected someone else and stumbled across them. That is he was looking for someone else and shot them in the dark or he had a meeting with someone else and the two were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or just someone with an urge to just commit a murder. If it is that last one, it doesn't necessarily have to be someone who is familiar with the area - either a local or a current/former VA Tech student. If they're not local, I can still see this being someone within a 50-100 mile radius. Perhaps someone who has hunted there before. A 30.30 is a common hunting caliber. Late August through September is a time when we used to scout out places to hunt. But we didn't carry guns and if a game warden caught someone with a gun that was grounds for an arrest.

The 7 year mark, 26 August, has come and gone with no news or updates. Since I believe - probably like a lot of others - this was done by someone neither Heidi or David knew it is going to be a tough one to solve. A lot of theories. A stalker (not likely IMO). Someone with a nearby drug operation - meth or a marijuana field. A case of mistaken identity as the killer expected someone else and stumbled across them. That is he was looking for someone else and shot them in the dark or he had a meeting with someone else and the two were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or just someone with an urge to just commit a murder. If it is that last one, it doesn't necessarily have to be someone who is familiar with the area - either a local or a current/former VA Tech student. If they're not local, I can still see this being someone within a 50-100 mile radius. Perhaps someone who has hunted there before. A 30.30 is a common hunting caliber. Late August through September is a time when we used to scout out places to hunt. But we didn't carry guns and if a game warden caught someone with a gun that was grounds for an arrest.

BBM I think you are exactly right. I seriously doubt that either David or Heidi knew the killers. I have always thought that it was someone who just had an urge to kill that night. I don't believe they were stalked or got too close to a drug deal. Most drug dealers flee the scene and do not try to kill when someone stumbles upon them. I have wondered if this wasn't someone who knew the area was often used as a "lover's lane" and sought to attack a girl. I don't think it has ever been disclosed if Heidi was raped or not. Outside of a possible sexual attack, I don't see any motive here. The fact that a 30-30 rifle was used in this case, seems very strange as most killers use a hand gun.

BBM I think you are exactly right. I seriously doubt that either David or Heidi knew the killers. I have always thought that it was someone who just had an urge to kill that night. I don't believe they were stalked or got too close to a drug deal. Most drug dealers flee the scene and do not try to kill when someone stumbles upon them. I have wondered if this wasn't someone who knew the area was often used as a "lover's lane" and sought to attack a girl. I don't think it has ever been disclosed if Heidi was raped or not. Outside of a possible sexual attack, I don't see any motive here. The fact that a 30-30 rifle was used in this case, seems very strange as most killers use a hand gun.

Ages ago now, but IIRC, there was a woman, a park ranger, who was familiar with the area, who was interviewed a number of times on MSM, on anniversaries of this young couple's brutal murder, who were just back for their first week of school. It seemed like they were trying to get in their car to get away when they were gunned down. David was shot first. He had gone there in the past to hangout on his own. It was his place to relax, to watch sunsets, IIRC, from MSM reports. There's a summer camp nearby too that would have been empty, at the time.

Ages ago now, but IIRC, there was a woman, a park ranger, who was familiar with the area, who was interviewed a number of times on MSM, on anniversaries of this young couple's brutal murder, who were just back for their first week of school. It seemed like they were trying to get in their car to get away when they were gunned down. David was shot first. He had gone there in the past to hangout on his own. It was his place to relax, to watch sunsets, IIRC, from MSM reports. There's a summer camp nearby too that would have been empty, at the time.

I think David was shot inside the car and Heidi was shot outside. It was summarized that she was trying to flee after David was killed.

JohnTate, thank you for all the information. I agree it is more likely the murderer drove to the murder site.

I agree. And I wonder if it was a random road rage type of situation. The kids accidentally drove someone off the road, maybe goofing off or wash board roads almost caused an accident. The other driver then gave chase and lost their cool. They drive to a dead end/parking area. Argued with David, shot, then realised they had a witness to take care of. Snowball effect from something really innocent and simple. Add beer or alcohol and tempers flare. Maybe a simple rage issue/perceived confrontation that went too far? I don't remember how closely he was shot or her either. But, road rage and kids not knowing how to de-escalate a situation might be looked at...

I believe investigators are running a Radio Shack kids Digital Camera found on possession of convicted Virginia serial killer Charles Severance, to a missing Radio Shack kids digital camera from Heidi Childs. WDBJ7 Roanoke displayed the mention, and then Justin Ward took it down.

attachment.php

Again, a Charles Severance listed as the race engineer for his short-lived team Gunselman Motorsports during the 8.22.2009 Bristol (VA) Speedway race. They did not make the race.

Attachments

• GunselmanMotorsports.jpg
    GunselmanMotorsports.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 147
I believe investigators are running a Radio Shack kids Digital Camera found on possession of convicted Virginia serial killer Charles Severance, to a missing Radio Shack kids digital camera from Heidi Childs. WDBJ7 Roanoke displayed the mention, and then Justin Ward took it down.

Recently?

On 11.25.16, a reporter for the Roanoke Times had compiled eerily similarities between dates where a Charles Severance was the listed race engineer for a low-budget, lesser known race team, and within days in the race their would be a rash of mysterious deaths:

-12.05.2003: Real estate tycoon Nancy Dunning found shot to death. 3 days later Severance's girlfriend Linda Robra begins real estate career.
-2005 & 2006 Daytona 500: #73 ARC DeHooker (now defunct): Team misses Daytona 500. 4 dead hookers discovered within of the Raabe Racing team garage at 1870 Mason Ave Daytona FL
-August 22nd 2009 Sharpie 500 in Bristol VA: #64 Gunselman Motorsports (now defunct) DNQ's the race. 4 days later David Metzler and Heidi Childs found dead on nearby back road.
-Severance's girlfriend forms "alliance" between Dulles Premiere ReMax and the ARCA ReMax Series. Sponsors various racecars.
-February 2014 "Battle of Trenton" (a mixture of Revolutionary War Buffs, Black tricorn hats, and NASCAR crowd). #52 team misses race, folds. Severance victim shot February 6th 2014, wearing black tricorn hat.
-Severance convicted November 3rd 2015. Enters stepson in November 6th 2015 Hokie Open 6K, finishes last. Sentenced January 22nd 2016, Nicole Lovell kidnapped January 26th by Hokie Open 6K runner.
-October 15th 2016. NAPA 150 - Roseville CA. In jail, Severance again sponsors the #08 with his disturbing 2d6 Chess game. Competitor Jack Sellers shot to death days later.

I believe he found two more of the same magnitude around 2006 or 2007.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Severance owned the winning racecar for the February 7th 2014 "Battle of Trenton". As usual, no one knew where the hell he was the day before. Video seen here:

[video=youtube;QttiFUjtQ6Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QttiFUjtQ6Y[/video]

Attachments

• BattleOfTrenton.jpg
    BattleOfTrenton.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 219
  • CharlesSeveranceRussianEmbassy.jpg
    CharlesSeveranceRussianEmbassy.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 221
This really seems plausible!!

But, what about the killers DNA that the police have. Wouldn't they already know if there is a match???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They pretty much have concluded that he and his small auto racing team is involved in the inner workings of these countless brutal attacks. Who does exactly what and where they do it at still baffles investigators.

For example, about an hour before Nancy Dunning was assassinated, a security camera at the Alexandria Target store not only caught Severance tracing the victim, but he was also speaking on a cell phone to whom authorities are convinced was Eric Brancord. Brancord moonlighted as a jackman for the #73 ARC DeHooker race team. To this day, "Eric Bloodaxe" refuses to come out of his basement because they want his DNA. Severance subtly swapped his race team's busty blonde marketing lady, Morgan Bogard, into the witness box instead..

Does Mr. Severance still have friends on the outside who visit him? There was a friend of David Eisenhauer who spoke of Mr. Severance. He is obviously a very intelligent man. I could see some still admiring him.

Severance's own girlfriend testified that he was an avid camper and freely roamed the countryside "armed to the teeth". That joint friend of Eisenhauer once served as VT ROTC leader for the annual Caldwell Fields 12 mile march back to campus. They discovered his aunt and uncle co-owned two bed and breakfasts with Severance: one in Cumberland MD and another at the east end of Craig Creek Rd.

Per information previously released by law enforcement, the camera taken from Childs is a Sony Cybershot, NOT a "Radio Shack kids digital camera." Outside of a general possibility, I'm not sure I see any connection of the Severance subject to this investigation.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virgin...cle_3902ecac-38cb-592e-8bce-7487e4e6437c.html

I have to come back to this case every now and then. I have friend I grew up with who lives out that way and one of his step children attended VT. I've been out to visit many times and I've attended other events out that way that are near the scene. I believe this is going to be a case where the killer is arrested for something else and they run his DNA. After the first year, I don't believe LE had any POI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back