Burlap and Forensics

Thank you, dotr! I now consider this fact, although I am also thankful for ps149's post which may help posters to keep ever mindful to discern between fact and speculation, reduce unfounded rumors, and to not inadvertently playing the telephone game :).
Except that when asked, the NY Post reporter who wrote that article responded to me how it was the police who told them but when asked the police won't give any confirmation.

And the reporter who wrote the ABC news piece stated that the source was the NY Post reporter.

Same stuff happened with rumours about CPH that were started by JS junior.

RUMOURS ARE NOT FACT.

Except that when asked, the NY Post reporter who wrote that article responded to me how it was the police who told them but when asked the police won't give any confirmation.

And the reporter who wrote the ABC news piece stated that the source was the NY Post reporter.

Same stuff happened with rumours about CPH that were started by JS junior.

RUMOURS ARE NOT FACT.
Has this New York Times report about the burlap been verified?
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/n...-for-bodies-key-role-for-officer-and-dog.html
Officer and His Dog Play Key Role in Hunt for Remains
APRIL 17, 2011
[…]
That afternoon, shortly before 3 p.m., Blue picked up a scent on the parkway.
“The tail starts wagging; he’s making adjustments with his head,” Officer Mallia said, adding, “There was some burlap, and most of the skeleton was there.”
That discovery — the skeletal remains of a woman in a nearly disintegrated burlap sack — would be the first of several grisly finds the police would make off Ocean Parkway.
Two days later, Officer Mallia and Blue returned to the area in the morning to help homicide investigators collect evidence. But about 500 feet from the first body, the officer found a second body wrapped in burlap. Officer Mallia made that discovery alone, since Blue was still in the car.
By 1:20 p.m. that December day, the officer and Blue had recovered two more bodies.
[…]

Could this be a piece of burlap seen in this video..?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Marker 0.42ff

[FONT=&amp]http://video.foxnews.com/v/4111716110001/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/1...l-killers-dumping-ground-likely-murdered.html
[/FONT]

Looking at that sandy terrain I am wondering now, if this is possibly the location Jessica Taylor's partial remains were found? R said in the KS episode she had been dumped with burlap. Does anyone have JT's exact location (coordinates) at Ocean Parkway? There is a sandy strip in the approximate area she was found, looking like a dry water channel/ river bed.

-Nin

Looking at that sandy terrain I am wondering now, if this is possibly the location Jessica Taylor's partial remains were found? R said in the KS episode she had been dumped with burlap. Does anyone have JT's exact location (coordinates) at Ocean Parkway? There is a sandy strip in the approximate area she was found, looking like a dry water channel/ river bed.

-Nin

I was under the impression that when R mentioned her being found with Burlap he was referring to the first discovery, in Manorville but I think either way he's just got his details mixed up about the burlap anyway

Okay. Honestly at this point what does it even matter? At the end of the day, are we any closer to finding out who LISK is?

It matters greatly because what if the "GB4" are really only the "GB2"????

Step back and look at it with an open mind. What do we know that is only similar between the first two GB4 victims who were found and what do we know that is only similar to the last two GB4 that were found (not the first two murdered, but the first two FOUND).

What if two different killers are responsible for even those four?

"The bodies were wrapped.." Richard Dormer, (former) Suffolk County Police Comissioner

Marker 18:39ff

[video=youtube;nyp9xUb4ljk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyp9xUb4ljk&list=PL89PKpG9Fu_lfW5QciNWHEi10wfdosMyw&index=1[/video]

-Nin

Considering the bodies were positioned with their heads facing East, he is giving them atonement for their sins. Look into a devout Catholic childhood, or maybe Seminary schooling prior to his lapse.

Considering the bodies were positioned with their heads facing East, he is giving them atonement for their sins. Look into a devout Catholic childhood, or maybe Seminary schooling prior to his lapse.

I had a devout Catholic childhood and as an adult Devout Catholic by choice, I haven't killed anyone, LOL.
The Catholic connection keeps coming up but like Hitler, the christian connection has never been factually established.
I see no reason for any religious debate.

:cow:

I had a devout Catholic childhood and as an adult Devout Catholic by choice, I haven't killed anyone, LOL.
The Catholic connection keeps coming up but like Hitler, the christian connection has never been factually established.
I see no reason for any religious debate.

:cow: rsbm for use here:

Agreed. Could be as simple as, that kind of sack was what was available to the perp at the time? The thing about their faces facing East, sunrise, sea, something holy or spiritual or whatever, the sense I get is he wanted to achieve the sense they were looking back at him as he passed their remains from what ever point, give him that continuing sense of control or causing pain that he gets off of. The burlap would have kept them in place, perhaps? A wild uneducated guess on my part.

:cow: rsbm for use here:

Agreed. Could be a simple as that kind of sack was what was available to the perp at the time. The thing about their faces facing East, sunrise, sea or whatever, the sense I get is he wanted to achieve the sense they were looking back at him as he passed their remains from what ever point, give him that continuing sense of control or causing pain that he gets off of. A wild uneducated guess on my part.

Maybe I've just missed out on it but was it confirmed that the GB4 were facing east? I only ever heard that about the AC4 and was under the impression that if the GB4 were facing any uniform direction if would have been north (but that's just from aerials of crime scenes etc without having any full knowledge of how the victims were found

Maybe I've just missed out on it but was it confirmed that the GB4 were facing east? I only ever heard that about the AC4 and was under the impression that if the GB4 were facing any uniform direction if would have been north (but that's just from aerials of crime scenes etc without having any full knowledge of how the victims were found

Yes. Favious, Exactly. There's so little that's really confirmed among the various LE releases of information that one could point to as non-rumor. Hopefully, with better awareness due to A&E's "The Killing Season" and Websleuth's LISK threads serving as a clearing house for rumors and facts, not to mention all the knowledge shared here, there will be more answers and justice for these women, man and child and the other victims. Thing I keep coming back to, could the tides, the waxing or waning moons, have had something to do with the way the remains were placed. A two, three or four month stretch of similar conditions to dispose or place remains there while being somewhat sure of what would happen to them, as far as that specific environment was concerned. Not just a convenient dump site but one very well considered, through time, testing, and experience, possibly? Who has that kind of knowledge or would need to know it?

I suppose the "Burlap Sack" theory has been beat to death but I felt the need to mention burlap sacks are used in the Oyster Industry as well as farming/nursery uses. Has anyone contemplated fishing industry uses of burlap sacks? At the end of this video (link posted) the oyster farmer shows his oysters in the water in oyster sacks which are not what I am used to seeing them in. I lived for 10 years on Gulf Coast of Texas & you could go to the marina & purchase a burlap bag of un-shucked oysters for around $30.00 & just this week I saw a bag (same burlap kind I'm used to seeing) of un-shucked oysters for sale in my local grocery store here in South Carolina. [video=vimeo;6825095]https://vimeo.com/6825095[/video]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back