Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a reward. I think that's where the confusion comes from - the renaming of something that's been around a while. Like calling appetizers *apps*.

Still Jury, still undecided.

Or like...
Tude (attitude)
Vacay (vacation)
Amazeballs (amazing)
Jelly (jealous)
Cray Cray (crazy)

Sorry..couldn't resist :eek:ddsmiley:

Now that Sherri's Help Find Me FB page is down, the "Sherri Papini" FB site is being used to correspond with the public. Are we allowed to discuss information from that page?

Sorr lmr, but the answer is NO. Anyone can start a FB page naming an individual and misinformation and rumor can run rampant.

When I first heard the report I visualized her chained to a tree or post. I think it was more like a ball and chain. Chained to something she could pick up or drag around. The CHP officer probably didn't recognized the item she was chained to.
Where would one purchase a ball and chain? Amazon? 🤔

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Do we know yet how long SP was at the road when she was released? a few minutes? an hour? more?

That's what I've been wanting to know!!! If she was there a relatively short period of time before she was found, why wasn't there a perimeter set up with a description of the vehicle and occupants? There couldn't have been that much traffic in the area at that hour.

Hey everyone. I would just like to say that I Iike this thread, I appreciate the mods and the members who are trying to keep it open, I am glad she was found safe. Thank you all for your insights.

I agree that there were indeed injuries. I'm most curious as to where she was held for the last 3 week. IMO, she was specifically targeted. May have been an ongoing thing with her or family (revenge scenario) or as simple as a brief encounter while shopping and she was followed home. But I think the drop off in YOLO county was a ruse and am not convinced she's been there for 3 weeks. I do think it's possible the vehicle was witnessed during her abduction (though may have appeared voluntary), which is why LE was convinced she was no longer in the area. But searches continued in Shasta Co., based on the logs (and reported drone on Craigslist being found during a search). She had lived outside of Redding, but I feel like the abductors have more of a connection to Redding than to YOLO. If I were going to return someone, I wouldn't do it close to home. Just MOO

I trust what LE on scene saw and reported was accurate. I'm also sure they asked Sherri is she was hurt or injured on top of that. I'm going with injured and not simply dirty. JMO

As mentioned before, I'm really at a loss too for a motive. Usually this sort of thing is for money, sex etc. It's rare the person turns up alive, so that aspect is interesting.

The family certainly doesn't project them selves as having gang ties, or involved in risky dealings. Of course, at this point we won't know but it's quite a mystery nonetheless.

It was actually nice having the thread shut down, except by the time I would catch up reading it all, it would be locked again. I hope something new and relevant can come out soon so it is not just constant rumors circulating. I feel that may not be happening soon but I hope it does.

One thing I do want to know is what she was wearing when discovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what was she wearing when she was supposedly spotted at the gas station?

Does anyone have a google image of the exact intersection where Sherri was found?

TIA.

I've marked it on the Case Map

View attachment 105132

I did my best to determine the accurate location using the video with a crime scene marker at this link here http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016/11/24/yolo-reacts-to-sherri-papinis-safe-return-home/

I've used up my free reads at the Redding Record Searchlight so can't review their news articles. Your marker is on the west side of I-5 where the traffic is southbound. I found this:

"Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto told The Daily Democrat in Woodland that Papini was discovered by a passing truck driver on northbound Interstate 5 and County Road 17, near the town of Yolo, which is four miles north of Woodland."​

Here is the source
http://www.chicoer.com/general-news/20161124/missing-redding-woman-sherri-papini-found-safe

This Sheriff interview says she was released on a rural road near an I-5 Interchange. That had to be County Road 17.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/sheriff-speaks-missing-california-mom-found-43771704

"Evidently, one of the captors had dropped her off on a rural road near Interstate 5 and an interchange," he said. "She was able to flag down a motorist, and that motorist summoned emergency assistance from the highway patrol, then medical [responders] as well."​

I think the entire interchange and rural road area was searched for evidence so there probably are evidence markers everywhere. She must have walked down one of the ramps to get to I-5. I don't know which ramp, but suspect it was the exit ramp, into the northbound headlights. She was on I-5 when found but I don't know If she was standing before or after the ramp.

Woman recalls spotting missing California mom Sherri Papini frantically waving for help on side of highway
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Friday, November 25, 2016, 8:22 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ssing-calif-mom-waving-road-article-1.2887530

"When I saw her, it really startled me. She was really close to the road, like almost out in traffic," she told the Daily News.​

Why have they still not released the initial 911 call from Nov. 2 ?

That's a good question. These things are sealed for the victim's protection, usually, like is probably the case with the search warrants.

I'm also surprised that there were no press releases or updates today, it being a Sunday and given the intense public interest.

I remain curious about LE's tactics to find the kidnappers. Right now, every dark suv driven by a hispanic woman is probably getting the hairy eyeball in Redding. I really strongly believe they need to get more information out there than they have.

I think when this is all over, we'll probably understand what information they are sitting on and it will somehow make sense. If I were a hispanic woman who owned a dark SUV, though, I'd be ready for this to be over as of yesterday.

Is that a 911 call? It sounds like the dispatches.

Yeah it does. From the Sacramento Bee:

This is a partial transcript of radio traffic between a dispatcher and Yolo sheriff’s deputies in the early morning hours of Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 24, 2016. Sherri Papini, the kidnapped mother from the Redding area, was found at approximately 4:30 a.m. near the town of Yolo, north of Woodland. She flagged down a driver on Interstate 5, at County Road 17. The driver called 911, and California Highway Patrol was the first on scene. CHP requested help from the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, as follows. Recording obtained from Broadcastify.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117258213.html#storylink=cpy

Where would one purchase a ball and chain? Amazon? ��

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this. It would have to be something she could carry, unless they just dropped her off right there and she was unable to move. So something like a hubcap, maybe? But stopping and getting her out of the vehicle would be risky.

Did she get away and drag whatever it was along with her?

Something occurred to me last night as I was reading through all the posts ... maybe she was just dirty, rather than beaten? It's possible ... dirt can look like bruises. Just something to consider.

I think the family should've released a statement rather than send Sheila along to talk to the media - her doing so just confused things even more.

All MOO of course.

I'm sure I'm 20 miles behind already but I'm pretty sure the trained medical staff at the hospital would know the difference between dirt and injuries. It has been said she was treated for non-life threatening injuries. I can't understand why this is still a question for some people.

As for the statement given by her sister, I think the only people confused by that are the ones that were looking for something. She made it clear she wanted to read a statement FROM her sister and husband, thanking all those who helped. I think her only mistake was allowing questions after, to which she was unable to answer, for the most part. I suspect allowing the questions was likely suggested to her from someone else, as a gesture to the media, since it's SUCH a messed up, high profile case.

fwiw.

i was on the Voluntary Missing side of the fence- and still straddle it at times. If she was abducted, I suspect the family knew exactly why. I think that is why things went silent. I suspect they knew she was being kept alive.. pending SOMETHING. And the reverse ransom was how they communicated with the abductors. They probably were not in it for the $$... but the assurance that no one would go to the police if she were let go... kind of an "ok. You win. Now let her go". And it may very well be that Sherri will keep her end of the deal, never say anything more... Hubby telling the kids that she would be home for Thanksgiving was telling to me. At those young ages, Thanksgiving meant nothing to them at all. So why tell them that... unless he knew...

On the Voluntary Missing side, if she did leave, even just to get some space- who knows? Once it hit the media, I think it may have made it very difficult to return. How do you just saunter back in and say " hey, Im back" once your face has been all over the papers saying you had been abducted? Perhaps showing up the way she did was a way of letting her come back, save face. If she had said she escaped there would have been an expectation that she show LE where she was kept. Being released a long way away would make it easy to say " I have no idea where" The description of her abductors is so vague they will never be found. The public will never hear anymore about it. Even if LE comes to this conclusion- I expect they will not release this info.

Anyone beside me wonder why the captors would chain her to something, rather than just shove her out of the vehicle? Seems like it added a layer of opportunity to be seen. And if it were just to give them more time to make their getaway... they could just have easily dropped her off miles from anyplace. Seems like it was just to add drama...

I'm sure I'm 20 miles behind already but I'm pretty sure the trained medical staff at the hospital would know the difference between dirt and injuries. It has been said she was treated for non-life threatening injuries. I can't understand why this is still a question for some people.

As for the statement given by her sister, I think the only people confused by that are the ones that were looking for something. She made it clear she wanted to read a statement FROM her sister and husband, thanking all those who helped. I think her only mistake was allowing questions after, to which she was unable to answer, for the most part. I suspect allowing the questions was likely suggested to her from someone else, as a gesture to the media, since it's SUCH a messed up, high profile case.

fwiw.

A written statement would've sufficed, ESPECIALLY since they've been asking for privacy since Sherri's return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen