Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes. The workout clothes/ running outfit she was last seen is is very important IMO.
Thanks.

Except that she wasn't wearing this after getting abducted or whatever happened. It's on the ground near home. I don't see how it helps especially now she's been found...

On November 2nd, SP text her husband and asked if he was coming home for lunch. She began to wrap a present, but then stopped for an unknown reason and left it half wrapped with the label already written out to her husband. She didn't wait to hear back from her husband and left the present out while she went for a jog while her kids were in daycare.

Whilst on the jog, she was abducted by two Hispanic women who were most probably wearing masks of some sort, who discarded her phone and earbuds, either purposefully or in a struggle where they weren't concerned about leaving potential evidence behind. Although she didn't see the pair to give a clear description, she was aware they were armed.

Whilst she was away from her family, a reverse ransom was set up; a reward not for someone with information, but a direct appeal to exchange SP for a monetary amount, or "more money than you can spend" - $100,000. There was a deadline put on the reverse ransom and when the deadline passed, it turned into reward money. They did not take the reverse ransom and did not make contact with LE either.

She was kept for 3 weeks in an unknown location without having seen the two women to give a description and was then released by jumping out of a slowed down car whilst her hands were tied with hose clamps, presumably tied in front of her in order for her to be able to open the door, as only one woman was in the car with her and was driving. She also had something fabric, like a shirt, in her hands, it's unknown if this was given to her or found on the side of the road, that was used to flag down passing motorists.

When KP was told his wife had been found and was with CHP, he beat the sheriffs to their location and then kept the information of her being found to himself for a few hours whilst close friends and possible other family members read a poem written by KP that they had been given access to in his absence, despite not having spoken to him and assuming the emotion had become too much for him to be there they then released balloons to symbolise the search for SP, before they found out immediately after that she had been located.

Did I get everything (that's allowed to be discussed)?
I have no idea what I think about this case (well, I do, but I'm open to other conclusions obviously!), but even those who think this was a straight forward abduction have to admit that there are some areas of weirdness, no?

Is there anyone who literally finds nothing to be odd about this at all and thinks that people are being crazy conspiracists to suggest all is not as it seems? Or is it simply a case of not wanting to believe there's something crazy going on?

Genuinely curious.

You forgot about the sherripapini.com website being shut down as soon as she was found.

You bring up a good point. Perhaps the abductor works in the industrial field...a field where hose clamps are readily available or handy. If not, why would the abductor think of *hose clamps* to bound SP? If I'm going to abduct someone and I don't work in an industrial field, I don't suddenly think of hose clamps. I am only going to grab something as specific as that because its readily handy or available. I'm going to grab rope, zip ties, handcuffs, etc. But *hose clamps*??

So, without violating TOS, can we think to ourselves the abductors possibly working in an industrial-related field?

Me thinks I'm onto something...

Honestly, those clamps are fairly common. I've seen them used to clamp things in car engines, secure plumbing and electrical cable (like under a house) or on a warehouse ceiling and they even used them to secure our satellite cable. I do think you're onto something, though. Using hose clamps for hand or feet restraints is not common, IMO, and suggests the alleged kidnapper was familiar with them. Otherwise, why would they even think to use them?

From the link below, it looks like LE has a lot of evidence to review. I bet LE will eventually make a statement to the public, especially if this is a proven hoax. They can't just let the community think kidnappers are running loose, right? IDK It's a crazy story so far.

..all just MHO!

Before Papini was found, police had filed about 20 search warrants in court related to the investigation. Many were filed under seal, the Sacramento Bee reported. ABC reported that detectives were also looking through her computer records, investigating past relationships and seeking video surveillance camera footage that might offer clues.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-sharri-papini-investigation-20161128-story.html

Hmm, it's a little more confusing than that, though...

Hawaii divorce: DAD vs. SLG - Initiation Date: 12/19/2006 - Disposition: OTH - Disposition Date: 2/4/2008

Shasta County divorce: SLG vs. DAD - Filing date was 8/15/2007 and Final Judgement: 9/17/2008

The only thing I can figure is, maybe the first divorce didn't go through, or they reconciled briefly?

All I can make of it is he filed, 8 months later she filed, he was given 6 months from the time she filed to do something about his filing, he didn't and was no longer at the address on file, so the ball's back in her court and 7 months later she is granted the divorce.
All of that could be wrong. It's all I can make of it.

Hawaii divorce: DAD vs. SLG - Initiation Date: 12/19/2006 - Disposition: OTH - Disposition Date: 2/4/2008

Shasta County divorce: SLG vs. DAD - Filing date was 8/15/2007 and Final Judgement: 9/17/2008

The only thing I can figure is, maybe the first divorce didn't go through, or they reconciled briefly?
I think by the time it went through the courts he was no longer in Hawaii and she was back in Redding....so likely they had an issue with notifications.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't have time to read the most recent pages so may be repeating another post. Sorry. Regarding heavily battered, it occurred to me that heavily might be describing the extent (not severity) of the injuries. So, heavily might mean that it's evident in many places: arms, legs, face, hands, etc. You can Google Battered Woman Syndrome and check images. LE needs to let responding Medical know what to expect when they arrive. Battering is down on the list of bad things that can happen to you. Gunshot wound, Stabbing, Bludgeoning, Battering.

On November 2nd, SP text her husband and asked if he was coming home for lunch. She began to wrap a present, but then stopped for an unknown reason and left it half wrapped with the label already written out to her husband. She didn't wait to hear back from her husband and left the present out while she went for a jog while her kids were in daycare.

Whilst on the jog, she was abducted by two Hispanic women who were most probably wearing masks of some sort, who discarded her phone and earbuds, either purposefully or in a struggle where they weren't concerned about leaving potential evidence behind. Although she didn't see the pair to give a clear description, she was aware they were armed.

Whilst she was away from her family, a reverse ransom was set up; a reward not for someone with information, but a direct appeal to exchange SP for a monetary amount, or "more money than you can spend" - $100,000. There was a deadline put on the reverse ransom and when the deadline passed, it turned into reward money. They did not take the reverse ransom and did not make contact with LE either.

She was kept for 3 weeks in an unknown location without having seen the two women to give a description and was then released by jumping out of a slowed down car whilst her hands were tied with hose clamps, presumably tied in front of her in order for her to be able to open the door, as only one woman was in the car with her and was driving. She also had something fabric, like a shirt, in her hands, it's unknown if this was given to her or found on the side of the road, that was used to flag down passing motorists.

When KP was told his wife had been found and was with CHP, he beat the sheriffs to their location and then kept the information of her being found to himself for a few hours whilst close friends and possible other family members read a poem written by KP that they had been given access to in his absence, despite not having spoken to him and assuming the emotion had become too much for him to be there they then released balloons to symbolise the search for SP, before they found out immediately after that she had been located.

I have no idea what I think about this case (well, I do, but I'm open to other conclusions obviously!), but even those who think this was a straight forward abduction have to admit that there are some areas of weirdness, no?

Is there anyone who literally finds nothing to be odd about this at all and thinks that people are being crazy conspiracists to suggest all is not as it seems? Or is it simply a case of not wanting to believe there's something crazy going on?

Genuinely curious.

So many things are odd in this case. Who uses such heavy hardware to bind a slight woman? That does not spell hoax to me - It says "message" IMO. That is not something a petite blond runner would think of. Or 2 women in an SUV for that matter.

I am still leaning toward the women found her and freed her and armed themselves in case there was trouble.

I just don't see hoax in this. Not on SP's part anyway.

:cow:

All I can make of it is he filed, 8 months later she filed, he was given 6 months from the time she filed to do something about his filing, he didn't and was no longer at the address on file, so the ball's back in her court and 7 months later she is granted the divorce.
All of that could be wrong. It's all I can make of it.
We were posting at the same time. :)

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly, when I read the HI site. I believe it said SP wasn't served so the divorce couldn't move forward.

Jogging was part of her routine. Why not do it while her children were at daycare? The text message also did not cause Keith alarm. He never once indicated it struck him as out of the ordinary. The half-wrapped present may or may not be important. I don't remember any family member making a big deal out of it, though.

No one knows exactly how the abduction occurred. That it was two females probably made Sherri less guarded. If they came up behind her and threw a hood over her head, she would've been immediately rendered at a disadvantage. If they told her they had a gun, she would've been even more likely to comply. Dropping the phone makes no difference, IMO. How would it contain evidence? The important thing for the abductors was to get Sherri into the vehicle and get out of there before someone spotted them. So, I see nothing implausible there.

To me, this was an act of desperation. They didn't know if Sherri was alive or dead. If by chance she happened to be alive, they probably thought a ransom/reward might be enough to entice the abductors into making an exchange. If Sherri was already dead, the ransom still might entice the abductors to come out of hiding to get the money, even though they had no intention of delivering Sherri to them. To me, it was a longshot, at best. But they were at their wit's end about what to do.

Some of this is conjecture, based on bits and pieces of media reports. But I'm sure LE has more information than we do. Based on the most reliable reports, it's safe to say Sherri suffered some obvious and serious injuries. The sheriff also has said there's nothing so far to suggest Sherri is not telling the truth. If this were all fabricated, I think LE would have a good hunch by now.

As I said elsewhere, LE may have wanted to maintain some control over a fluid, quickly-evolving situation before letting the public get word. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they told Keith to withhold the information for a couple of hours.

Genuinely curious.

I haven't heard anyone call other people crazy conspiracists. Personally, I think people are too quick to dismiss statements and evidence that, in other circumstances, no one would question. I don't know why. I don't know if people are too invested in their theories. While I understand being somewhat skeptical, I don't understand the extremes to which some people have gone to discredit reports or statements from LE or other reliable people. But that's just me. ;)

This thread is closed for review

This thread is now open again for posting.

If her being back is "the main thing", then why are we still here at thread 10? I for one still have questions. So we don't *know* that her parents weren't told, but we also don't know that they were. And since her sister said she found out hours later, there are some holes here. So let me turn my question into a statement. I HOPE Sherri's parents, at the very least, were informed immediately, and given every opportunity of being reunited with their daughter at the same time that her husband was given that opportunity. And I hope that for them, because it's the kind of consideration I would want if it were my daughter.

Agreed. But we can't assume her parents weren't told and run with that which is what we've been seeing.

I may be in the minority, but I do believe this was an abduction. I don't know what a "straight forward abduction" looks like, but my guess would be abductions vary greatly (as seen with the WA woman abducted from her home with a woman arrested for her murder). With all due respect, I think many of your conclusions are very leading.

SP sent her husband a text at 10:37 and had plenty of time to get a run in and return home before lunch to hide or finish the present. IIRC, we don't even know if it was in plain site or in another room, only discovered when he searched the house for SP and the kids.

We don't know if they were wearing masks. Maybe she was attacked from behind. Maybe she was hit on the head and shoved into the vehicle unconscious. Why wouldn't the abductors leave her cell phone at the scene rather than risk being tracked? If it were planned, they could've had gloves on and not concerned with DNA transferring (if they actually did touch the phone). The report of them being armed could've come from her while being held captive.

If my loved one were taken, I would take EXTREME measures to get them back. While the reverse ransom may not be something at everyone's disposal, I don't discredit anyone using it as a means to find SP. As mentioned earlier, SP could've even mentioned it to her abductors in an attempt to save her life, leading the abductors to pursue another avenue. We just don't know.

We don't know if the car slowed down. It could've stopped at the intersection and she jumped. We don't know what she was waving, someone else mentioned it could've been a white plastic bag found on the road.

We don't know who KP told about SP being found alive or when. His dad mentioned that he did not know and was concerned about KP when he wasn't at the balloon release. That leaves a ton of other people that may have been told but for obvious reasons had to keep it to themselves. With 140-150 miles to travel, I would've gone mad not being able to tell someone. IMO, he probably did call her mother and a few others (someone obviously had the children). He probably called them again once he was able to assess her condition at the hospital. I'm sure the perps knew about the balloon release and to cancel it would've raised a ton of suspicion and possibly interfered with the investigation.

I've only followed a handful of cases here on WS, but quite frankly every one of them has had SOMETHING odd. A ransom paid for Sandra Harris almost immediately to me was odd. A woman being arrested for her abduction and murder was odd. I have noticed that LE doesn't supply all the little details inquiring minds need to know. I'm okay with that. IMO, the evidence should be used to secure a conviction not my curiosity.

Genuinely curious.

What was the purpose of the ?
Now that she is home safe, will people get their money back?
Would it be right for them to keep the $50,000, and why would they since she was only gone for 3 weeks?

Just wondering...

I haven't heard anyone call other people crazy conspiracists. Personally, I think people are too quick to dismiss statements and evidence that, in other circumstances, no one would question. I don't know why. I don't know if people are too invested in their theories. While I understand being somewhat skeptical, I don't understand the extremes to which some people have gone to discredit reports or statements from LE or other reliable people. But that's just me. ;)

I wasn't suggesting anyone had called anyone that - just me over-emphasising [emoji6]

It's a bit like a relationship gone wrong though; when you find out one lie, it makes a lie of every other truth you thought you'd known. So, we are questioning things we wouldn't ordinarily, because there's enough to throw the whole "this is the truth" line off a little way.

I don't think anyone is discrediting every single thing. I think it's a suggestion that every single thing could be discredited singularly. In the same way, every single thing can be explained away singularly, but together it makes up an odd culmination of events.

I speak only for myself of course; things that I've found odd, I fully expect that some of it will turn out to have been my overactive sleuthy senses gone wild. But there's enough of those odd moments that make me question every moment.

Aside from that though, I really enjoy reading people explaining how these moments might NOT be as odd as I think and the opinions that this was an abduction without a requirement to go much deeper. Different strokes for different folks make the world spin and it's good to see all sides before settling on your own.

:moo:

Finally caught up AND the thread is open! Feels like winning the lottery...
Now I have work (nights). I hope we have more when I'm off.

I would SO buy this book...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Paper sack, LOL. Uh huh, Pink and black. Yeah it looks like an inside out bra top to me. But I'm a dude so it's not my fault, LOL (thatshowwethink)

I looked at it for a long time trying to figure it out, and all I kept seeing was half a bikini top, circa 1989. And I'm NOT a dude :p lol

I lost my reply when the thread was closed Stele but the 'pink running outfit' is listed on every follow up report on the log, as that is what SP was wearing when she went missing.

Personally I don't think the pink in the crime scene photo matched the pink on her running jacket we have been shown, unless the lighting is way off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288