Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way you think, oceanblueeyes, and I thoroughly enjoy your insightful posts!

Great post. Thank you.

Sometimes I think unusual cases have a tendency to cloud the judgment of some when future cases come along. As far as hoaxes go I think that theory started after the balloon boy hoax. Until that happened I don't remember many before then who went with the hoax theory. Imo, it seems to put the seed in the minds of some based on one or two hoaxes that happened. Its fascinating how certain theories seem to develop based on other particular cases and those cases are rare yet they stick somehow in our minds..

The same thing happened in the Casey Anthony case. Until her case happened I had never seen the theory that a child accidentally died yet was thrown away and never reported missing. Yet there were some who did believe that theory at the time and I have seen that theory invoked in other cases since then. Yet, during CAs case, and since then I have searched for such case. To this day I have never found one case where a child had truly accidentally died from a mishap and was thrown away and forgotten. While one case may often remind me of other cases in general, I only base my opinion on the cases individually, and not how others turned out. Each case has a completely different sets of circumstances, different victim, and evidence. Imo, what happened in another case in the past or what the person did or did not do then....... really has no bearing or relevancy to any other case, including Sherri's.

As for Sherri's case I have no reason to doubt that she was a victim of an abduction. I am not a cynical person nor one who is suspicious of everything and everyone, and I am also very patient.:) So that is why I wait until all of the facts come in directly from LE.

I certainly don't believe Sherri brutally attacked herself nor do I think there is one thing suspicious about her husband arriving before LE arrived. I have the same kind of hubby who would do the same if God forbid I went through something like Sherri had endured for three long weeks. I don't think the chain and unknown object attached to Sherri when found were props of any kind either. At this time I have no reason to believe Sherri or any of her family were involved in any manner whatsoever and truly believe they are all thanking God that she has been returned to her loved ones although badly battered, but alive.

I have always supported victims and the victim's families and have never regretted that decision for one moment since I joined WS in 2004. I would much rather support victims/families fully 100% than prematurely cast doubt against any of them especially when I don't have any facts to support they are guilty of anything.

So until, and if ever,, evidence comes forth showing I shouldn't support Sherri anymore, my views/opinions will change of course, but until then, I am very supportive of Sherri and her family.

I certainly can understand why others are suspicious and I respect everyone's theories/opinions about Sherri. This is only how "I" look at cases including this one. Everyone has a right to their own opinions and theories, and I do read all posts written, and find them all very interesting and enlightening.

Imo, being abducted, heavily battered, and no telling what else she endured has to be so traumatic for Sherri. She had to be terrified wondering if she would ever see her family again. Anyone who beats a petite innocent female has to be cold and ruthless to the core but at least even though they beat her they didn't kill her, and let her go instead. I have read even evil people will have a good side every now and then and I believe Sherri somehow was able to convince them to let her go..

Oh man... the narratives are all over the place. Who knows what is true anymore. I'm done sleuthing! Weird this was my first "case". I don't think that this is for me!!! I'm tired and emotionally exhausted from afar

Well honey, you have to stick around. This case is a clear as a mudpie on a sunny day...but it will wash out. I hate to tell ya, but you are already hooked. ;)

quite certain it's been linked...just bumping for newbies as am I...

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/25/security-experts-on-sherri-papini-case/94446638/

"She will now face intense questioning by law enforcement officials as they try to figure out what happened, two security experts told the Record Searchlight on Friday.
Why was she abducted? If she was in restraints, she posed no threat to her captors, so why did they let her go?

Those are the lingering questions for Joe Giacalone, a retired New York police sergeant and professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, who has been following the Northern California woman's case.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/25/security-experts-on-sherri-papini-case/94446638/

"it is a rarity for a victim to be released, and he was upfront that the story so far does not add up"

Cell tower info was how Kristy Cornwell's brother found her body. The GBI gave him the cell tower dump records.

Would seem to be a painstaking process in Sherri's case, given I-5 is right there. But maybe they are looking at a specific tower which only picks cell traffic on one of those lonely county roads that criss-cross the area adjacent to where she was found?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kristi-...t-killed-self-in-police-standoff-last-spring/

Or maybe they are looking for a specific phone number?

Investigators had "somewhat lengthy of an interview" with Papini today, Bosenko said, though the details of that interview were not immediately available.

He said he didn't know whether they'll interview her again.

"We don't have information if this was a targeted abduction or if it was a random act," Bosenko said.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/Sheriff-sheds-more-light-on-Sherri-Papini-case-403474556.html
--------------------

There are at least two alleged violent kidnappers on the loose, the one woman/victim who allegedly had first-hand contact with them is available for questioning, and the Sheriff isn't sure he's going to interview her again?

Why? He doesn't trust her statements? He's confident the surveillance video and cell phone investigations will lead to the suspects and Sherri has nothing of value to offer? He's handing the investigation off to another agency? Something else?

Curious.

How could the driver of the vehicle wear a mask? Wouldn't that be a little conspicuous?

First post on this thread but what IF they had a hood or something on her - then the driver wouldn't have to wear a mask. Maybe when she exited the vehicle (however she exited - thrown out, pushed out, jumped out, let out) she was somehow able to get the hood off and that is in fact what she was waving to flag down the motorist? Just thinking out loud...

I don't think that matters. If you're remarrying it isn't required that you tell everyone you were previously married. A lot of people want to leave that part of their life behind for a reason IMO.
I got married semi-recently. For the marriage license, I had to state the name of the person I'd divorced previously, as well as the date of the divorce decree. While Mr flourish and I completed the form together, and both signed it, perhaps other couples only have one person fill it out and both sign? I don't know if all states are the same, anyway.

In any case, I found the wedding blog discussion regarding moving in together just weird. For one, I don't love it when people are all gender role-oriented.

Like, she's all "I don't know how to live with a man!" IDK if she ever resided with her father or a stepfather, but I'm guessing she resided with her first husband so a) who is she trying to fool? b) why is it so important to her to project the image of this squeaky clean, dare I say virginal-esque, image on her wedding blog? Like, she's really acting like this is her first wedding day "like I've imagined for years."

I suppose it's possible, perhaps, that she had a situation like mine, although I kinda doubt it. So, I'm currently married to Mr flourish as I m mentioned. So I've gotten legally married once. However, I've been legally divorced once. How is that? My state had a very old-fashioned but still somewhat recognized common-law statute in place when I began a domestic relationship with Mr evil. The law changed. Mr evil injured our baby, ultimately fatally. I had lawyers (pro-bono- I'll never forget their kindness) who terminated his parental rights. Nobody knew whether or not I needed to legally divorce him, though, so to be on the safe side and have more documentation of our parting, I divorced Mr evil, having not really been married to him in the first place. I don't consider my marriage to Mr flourish to be my "second marriage," but he certainly knew about it before he married me!

For some reason, the wedding blog is sticking in my craw. It just seemed so contrived or something. IMO

Eta: I was so nervous to post because I thought the thread could close and I hate when I lose my post. Also I'm hoping if the wedding blog is off limits and I haven't read that yet, that the mods might just snip and not delete *wishes*

quite certain it's been linked...just bumping for newbies as am I...

"She will now face intense questioning by law enforcement officials as they try to figure out what happened, two security experts told the Record Searchlight on Friday.
Why was she abducted? If she was in restraints, she posed no threat to her captors, so why did they let her go?

Those are the lingering questions for Joe Giacalone, a retired New York police sergeant and professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, who has been following the Northern California woman's case.

"it is a rarity for a victim to be released, and he was upfront that the story so far does not add up"
Ashleigh Banfield will be interviewing him tonight! On HLN.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/primetime-justice?sr=banfield ashleigh

If she was found with two black eyes, she would look severly "battered", but nothing to stay in the hospital for.

I got married semi-recently. For the marriage license, I had to state the name of the person I'd divorced previously, as well as the date of the divorce decree. While Mr flourish and I completed the form together, and both signed it, perhaps other couples only have one person fill it out and both sign? I don't know if all states are the same, anyway.

In any case, I found the wedding blog discussion regarding moving in together just weird. For one, I don't love it when people are all gender role-oriented.

Like, she's all "I don't know how to live with a man!" IDK if she ever resided with her father or a stepfather, but I'm guessing she resided with her first husband so a) who is she trying to fool? b) why is it so important to her to project the image of this squeaky clean, dare I say virginal-esque, image on her wedding blog? Like, she's really acting like this is her first wedding day "like I've imagined for years."

I suppose it's possible, perhaps, that she had a situation like mine, although I kinda doubt it. So, I'm currently married to Mr flourish as I m mentioned. So I've gotten legally married once. However, I've been legally divorced once. How is that? My state had a very old-fashioned but still somewhat recognized common-law statute in place when I began a domestic relationship with Mr evil. The law changed. Mr evil injured our baby, ultimately fatally. I had lawyers (pro-bono- I'll never forget their kindness) who terminated his parental rights. Nobody knew whether or not I needed to legally divorce him, though, so to be on the safe side and have more documentation of our parting, I divorced Mr evil, having not really been married to him in the first place. I don't consider my marriage to Mr flourish to be my "second marriage," but he certainly knew about it before he married me!

For some reason, the wedding blog is sticking in my craw. It just seemed so contrived or something. IMO

Eta: I was so nervous to post because I thought the thread could close and I hate when I lose my post. Also I'm hoping if the wedding blog is off limits and I haven't read that yet, that the mods might just snip and not delete *wishes*
May you both continue to Flourish!
So sorry about your baby, thank you for being so kind to share that with us... I feel exactly the same as you re: The Wedding Blog, as well as too many parts of this case... Contrived, is the minimum... However, I am happy she is home...

I think if you go to websleuths on your phone, a banner on the front page asks if you want to use tapatalk. Maybe. It's been a long time since i linked it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

does anyone have a link to the I-5, church walk, or "hopping"/"wandering" story? TIA.

I missed the show on HLN. It came on @ 8:00 EST.
I wonder what Sergeant Giacolone had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288