TKS S1 E6: "A Killer on the Road".

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I was just wondering why truck drivers aren't required to give fingerprints and DNA into the federal database before being hired. Wouldn't that help to lessen this epidemic?

I was glad to hear a reference to a closed society of truck drivers who are coordinating efforts to kill. However, former truck driver myself I want to shed a light on a new angle of investigation in reference to the number of highway killings nation wide, as discussed in the last episode of "the killing season." With no disrespect to the victims, has anyone thought about the possibility of a rival sex worker in some cases? I have been in these truck stops and have seen first hand how dangerous the sex workers are. It's not a stretch of the imagination for a sex worker to enlist a driver to locate another sex worker in an effort to ambush and kill them. Has there been an inquiry into the involvment or coercion to carry out some of these murders? The sex workers are privy to the "dumping grounds," with intimate knowledge of transportation routes. Based on the mentality of drivers looking out for themselves and their own interests. Along with the "no tell' mentality, who's to say that this elite group of killers isn't well known and feared among these sex workers/accomplices?

Thank you so much for joining, newangles, and I love your nick. It's wonderful to have you help us make sense of thing with first hand knowledge of trucking. This whole case has been such a revelation of horrors and worst fears to me, about bad seeds among truckers and all the women who've come such cruel and invisible harm. Being an avid driver and taking naps along the way, over the years, I've never felt in danger from them, knowing to avoid certain things like anywhere else really, and often felt safer with them around on the roads in sticky places. I mean there's been hinky raising stalker types around once in a while, one comes across and would try to lose, in trucks, RV's, old jalopies, and beat up cars, more so. Great to read what you think. Much appreciated and I look forward to more of what you think. A very warm welcome to you, Newangles.

:welcome6:​

I was also interested when Williams mentioned the 2 women in the group. And when Rachel and josh asked for more info they blew right by them only asking about the 5 men. If these women are truckers female drivers are much more rare. Smaller pool and if a name isn't a lie much easier to follow up on. Even if they weren't involved in these particular cases that's a connection missed to maybe some other cases or a larger network.

Edited to say that also not all members of the network are necessarily drivers. Could be pimps/madams/other criminals at a base site etc

I was also interested when Williams mentioned the 2 women in the group. And when Rachel and josh asked for more info they blew right by them only asking about the 5 men. If these women are truckers female drivers are much more rare. Smaller pool and if a name isn't a lie much easier to follow up on. Even if they weren't involved in these particular cases that's a connection missed to maybe some other cases or a larger network.

Edited to say that also not all members of the network are necessarily drivers. Could be pimps/madams/other criminals at a base site etc

Where would a network like that go for medical treatment? I have no doubt it would come up for them with human trafficking involved, but that kind of service would be very rare, I imagine, extremely trusted, off-book and invested, sedentary most likely, in one place, probably not far from a highway in a place trucks wouldn't stand out. Just speculating off your post, dc200015. Thank for your consideration.

After the recent episode of "the killing season," I was greatly validated by the theory of an elite group of serial killers who are in communication with eachother. Aside from this fact however, I would like to share another theory with everyone. I myself am a truck driver and have witnessed first hand, how dangerous these truck stops are. Taking into account the wide geographical range of bodies throughout the United States, has anyone questioned the sex workers with the pretense that they could possibly be a party to some of the killings? For instance, a rival sex worker who has knowledge of the transportation routes as well as the "dumping grounds." Intimate knowledge of the most dangerous of this subculture. It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to enlist the help of a driver to locate another sex worker and ambush for a kill. Nothing was ever mentioned about the sex workers moving through state lines and traveling with multiple drivers to maintain their annonimity. In reference to the burlap sacks, I have seen some sex workers carry these with their belongings inside as a knap sack. Since there are various reasons for truck drivers to carry these burlap sacks it would be easy to replace if used to cover a body. Also, the case of a woman killed and a toddler found in another location could be a result of an attempt to steal a baby but things took a turn for the worst. Selling babies or "black market" babies is a lucrative business. These type of crimes would be frighteningly easy for a well established sex worker who has been accustomed to flying under the radar for most of his/her life. Let's not rule out that ther are MALE sex workers as well and could over power a female sex worker for the sole purpose of absorbing the income territory. The conversation of murder, rape, and various other topics similar to these is not uncommon. The mere flippant tone when discussing these topics is chilling but normal among these groups of people. There is a "no tell" code which was mentioned lightly in the previous episode but it is no joke. They simply DO NOT talk.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I was just wondering why truck drivers aren't required to give fingerprints and DNA into the federal database before being hired. Wouldn't that help to lessen this epidemic?

Is there any other profession asked to do this? I doubt it'd go over well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a driver has a TWIC card their prints are on file. But not all drivers apply for one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hey can anyone tell me what that guy said the group of truckers called themselves? I missed it. I was suprised he gave a name too. I wonder if anything will come of it.

Kings cross in Sydney is a strange place - or was - I don't live there anymore
It's a village to those who live there and you walk everywhere - no car parks -the girls all had their doorways .. and youd get attached to the same faces - day in day out they would be there . Until they disappeared.
Sorry off topic but it got me thinking how different life is for a " working girl" now . No craigslist or backpage then . It seems so much more dangerous now , more anonymous - if that's possible.
These girls deserve no judgement , know one knows what's driven them to that ... so I thank you all for doing your damnedest to give them justice.
I'd see people spit on these young girls and it would break my heart ......

I know what you mean, even though the Kings Cross I used to work near is the London version! When I was in my 20s I'd pass by a very similar scenario you described. It was in the early 90s and I was an office worker, but back then Kings Cross was still a *seedy* part of London. The Kings Cross/St Pancras station redevelopment/Cross Rail hadn't even started.

It was quite the juxtaposition between all of us commuters scurrying along like so many black beetles under our umbrellas and the actual residents of the area. But doing it every day meant *generic* we saw many familiar faces over time.

I'm not sure if I believe social media and the net has made life for vulnerable people more dangerous, to be honest. Back then, all of us were dependent on phone boxes. Contacts were made via newspaper personal ads, or word of mouth. Or even just walking down the street. At least now we have the possibility of a digital trail, surely?

I'm from an industrial northern town(UK). I remember one girl - and she was a girl, my age - who was always outside The White Hart, every Friday and Saturday night, in her red latex skirt and black spandex top. We never talked, but always nodded to each other as I and my friends went in to drink under age and listen to second-rate cover bands.

One day she was gone. I've always wondered where. In this day and age, with data tracking, if she had been abducted maybe we'd know. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't thought about her in years until Joshua and Rachel and this thread.

Hey can anyone tell me what that guy said the group of truckers called themselves? I missed it. I was suprised he gave a name too. I wonder if anything will come of it.

IIRC- roadrunners was the term he used.

Rather than derailing this thread, please refer to the John Robert Williams thread, here.

I touched upon both the group he mentioned, and the man he named, here.

And Rachel found the name used in a game, and posted about it, here.

Hope this helps!

[...]

"I met with Zeman and Mills on the appropriately spooky night of Halloween to discuss The Killing Season and whether they worried that putting themselves on camera could potentially turn them into a madman’s next target."

[...]

Couple Behind Doc ‘The Killing Season’ on Uncovering Serial Murders of ...
By Drew Grant, OBSERVER

11/30/16 2:20pm

~

http://www.sfchronicle.com/tv/article/What-s-on-TV-this-weekend-Dec-1-10643132.php for episode 7 & 8

You have your choice of nightmares at 10 p.m.: “The Killing Season” winds up its first season on A&E with “American Nightmare,” while the third season of “Your Worst Nightmare” premieres at the same time on the ID channel.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/30/aes...th-your-antidote-to-seasonal-belief-disorder/

But that protest only serves to legitimize “Scientology and the Aftermath,” a series that mimics some of the anxiety-inducing, rough-edged vérité style of such A&E cohorts as “Intervention” and “The Killing Season” and is hosted by the down-to-earth star of “The King of Queens.”

http://www.georgiaworld.com/2016/11...-on-uncovering-serial-murders-of-sex-workers/

http://breakingnews24.ddns.net/news...n-on-uncovering-serial-murders-of-sex-workers

Does anyone know if Neal Falls was err looked at for any of these murders? He was the suspected serial killer killed by a prostitute in WV

Does anyone know if Neal Falls was err looked at for any of these murders? He was the suspected serial killer killed by a prostitute in WV

Welcome melmo 27 :). A&E just aired episodes 5 and 6 of Josh Zeman's and Rachel Miller's outstanding 8 episode series which includes the attack on a heroic woman, Heather, by a sexual predator named Neal Falls. In self defense Heather killed Falls with his own gun. Josh and Rachel have explored a possible relationship between LISK and numerous unsolved multiple murders of mostly women in several states. I understand more will be revealed in episode (7 or 8?) as to whether or not they believe Neal Falls predated on women on Long Island. I don't know if LE (Law Enforcement as a whole, to include state police, local police, FBI, etc..) is or has looked at Neal Falls for Lisk. The case of Neal Falls is still new and unfolding. It appears that various LE in several states may be now more than ever interested in that individual's possible involvement in numerous cases.

OT (Off Topic): I just noted a parallel between Josh and Rachel's doc and the 11 or more remains found on LI. The canine officer and his K9, Blue, chose to train on Gilgo Beach, LI, reportedly because Shannan Gilbert was last seen and was reported missing from there. Instead he found remains of another young sex worker. Then more were were discovered. Josh and Rachel set out to focus on LISK, IIRC (if I recall correctly) and opened up a can of national superworms in murdered sex workers. I cannot wait for the final two episodes, and I hope to see more from them in the future. The good they've done and all here who have done so much are to be admired, I know I sure do!

Here is a link to episodes 5 and 6.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-killing-season

:welcome5:​

melmo27, thank you for joining Websleuths and for taking the time and interest to ask. There's been much discussion of Neal Falls on the LISK threads (linked above in the banner), since episodes 5 and 6 of "The Killing Season" on Saturday. You would find the most recent mentions through a search of his name, and the threads posted below may be a place to start as well. Please let me or Steleheart or any of the mods know if we can help you as go. I look forward to more of your posts.

Forum: Long Haul Truckers & Neal Falls

WV - NEAL FALLS, suspected SK - LE seeking link to murders in IL, NV and OR

Did anyone catch the name of the serial killer ring that was mentioned in episode 6 during the interview with SK John Robert Williams?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back