Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in God's name? Has someone called the police with this?
Gitana, this is Not a laughing matter! But I swear I nearly spit my drink out when I read your response... ROFL!!![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

No, and checking airports for Hispanic women headed to Mexico is... let's just say flirting with racial profiling.

Except you kind of have to racially profile here as she said the perps were Hispanic. But actually, racial profiling is typically assuming that someone is likely guilty of a crime because of their race or ethnic background, so they pull them over or search them at airports, assuming that people like them are more likely to be committing a crime. Tis is different because we know with a degree of certainty, the ethnicity of the perps.

The problems is, who the heck do we think will be at airports going to Mexico? Mexicans. Thousands and thousands of Mexican women flying down there daily.

But heck, it's not a bad thought. I;m sure they're looking at thousands of criminal records, thousands of cell phone records, etc.
I have felt that the vague description really targets a whole group in ways that could be dangerous and that is unfair. They should've waited to release any description except maybe "two women", until they had more usable info. Because how can anyone help with the info they gave?

I am not into kidnapping/abducting/holding ppl hostage, but if I was-based on the shows I've watched and books I've read (documentaries, not fiction), I don't think I would have them around me while I had conversations with others, said names or anything specific they could later use, let them see me, etc...if I had a slight thought of "releasing" them. I guess unless there was enough fear in them where I felt trusted them to be around me. Obviously I cannot think like the captures , but I would take a leap and say they may not have even been in the same location/room/building/whatever as her the whole 3 weeks, since we do not know that information. Maybe they picked her up, put her somewhere, visited her for whatever reasons, and then now she's back (cliffnotes version). Just one scenario as there could be many.

*As I wrote that, I thought back to the "shows/movies" I watched as a kid. You know the "scary movies" that were about crazy people that weren't true. Now I feel whenever I watch shows or read books, I have to think to myself that there are people out there really storing people in containers, abducting them off the streets, people disappearing, etc. Bah! And to think how many more are probably doing it right now!!

From anything I've read or watched, kidnappers either let them go for money or because they became human to them and likeable.

Has anyone peeked at the Yolo County 911 call logs? How about any of the other counties on I-5 between Shasta County and the Mexican boarder?
Do you mean for the date/time SP was located?

Here's some more CG that might ring through our heads for a while. I won't put the link here, but google "project taken vimeo short" - there you will see a video made by CG promoting his business. Please watch. It's a young, blond, kidnapped woman in a dungeon sort of place. Handcuffs. He is the savior, if she will just do what he says. I don't know. There are just so many weird coincidences.

I could see SP being used. Thinking it is all real. I don't know.

Again, the coincidences are just :eek:hwow:.

Been reading the threads for awhile now, wanted to jump in and add my theory.

For reference, I live near the area where she was found, and I am a mother in her 30s who has long blond hair and jogs in rural areas! Needless to say, this story has grabbed my attention.

At first I thought it was a crime of convenience or passion: a local creep, or truck driver passes by, or gets to know her patterns and snatches her up. I don't believe this to be the case, because typically those are the bodies found within a few miles of the disappearance raped and strangled.

I believe it was a ransom case from the get-go. And I don't believe her husband was the target. It is clear from all the dirt that has been dug up that Sherri and her husband weren't particularly wealthy.
<modsnip>
I also think someone on team 'SP' knows who is behind all of it, but cannot come forward because they purposely kept LE out of the loop, or don't want LE to know about their nefarious dealings. I would bet that the mastermind hired ****s to do the dirty work for a slice of the pie.

As for the branding, I think it was more about inflicting pain than anything else, but also a reminder to her and whomever the real ransom target was that they messed with the wrong people/person.

THIS!!!!!!! This most closely aligns with my current thought process on this whole case.

Very well worded. Im sure if I had tried, well nevermind.

The nefarrious dealings, circumnavigation of LE and maybe a littleguilt thrown in explains a great deal about the ransom to me.

And as for bouncing around theories, did SP have a housekeeper by any chance?

What in God's name? Has someone called the police with this?
THAT is beyond creepy. I. Can't. Even.

I didn't watch after 20 seconds. I couldn't.

Just when you think this case could never become crazier...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Gitana, this is Not a laughing matter! But I swear I nearly spit my drink out when I read your response... ROFL!!![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

None of this is a laughing matter, but sometimes that light moment is what keeps us sane and on point. There's got to be room to recognize the ridiculous while we sort through the quagmire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The entire description so far, being so vague, is racial profiling Imo.

But if that what SP is telling the authorities, it's not. LE has to assume the victim is telling the truth, no matter who that may offend.

This is a very intriguing case and there remains many unanswered questions , a few things come to mind when reviewing the facts and first we should discount a hoax , what we are left with is a forced abduction that at first glance makes no sense.

I think that we will find that this abduction will be linked to a person {s} known to the family through work, social activities or other means .This was never meant to be a murder/kidnapping but a warning to someone within the family circle. She was beaten ,branded and then let go on Thanksgiving , police should be looking into possible gang ties , drug rings etc ,it is the sort of thing they tend to do .Perhaps the family are witnesses or have knowledge of criminal activity or a dispute with someone with those connections.

Random kidnappings were the victim is set free are rare and she is lucky to be alive , I really hope she can heal and the police find the guilty parties , she is victim here .

SO it sounds like there were two in the car when she was let go. I'm so confused.

Not I. But I have been suspicious from the start of the whole ransom thing.

I didn;t know anything about him and i just saw that his whole thing is ransoms and kidnappings and he does this whole project taken thing. So in that context, i guess the video is not that odd. His whole business is as a hostage negotiator. Much less suspicious now.

THAT is beyond creepy. I. Can't. Even.

I didn't watch after 20 seconds. I couldn't.

Just when you think this case could never become crazier...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I can't even convince myself to press Play to begin the video...the screenshot is scary enough for me! :notgood:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen