Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
I glancing over this thread, I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that the court reporter screwed up the transcripts of this case so bad she lost her license.

How does that reflect on her guilt or innocence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! long time lurker, especially with the Darlie Routier case and I have to admit i'm still on the fence as to whether I believe she killed Devon and Damon. There is just so much I have a hard time believing, I struggle to believe that Darin wouldn't have heard the commotion down stairs and nor do I believe that Darlie wouldn't have realised her own children were being brutally attacked a matter of feet away.

Personally I find the concept on an intruder interesting, Could it be that Darlie was having an affair and was refusing to leave Darin for the other, unknown man because of the children? Could it be that that man turned up in the middle of the night, Darlie let him in through the back door, knowing who he was, he then renders her unconscious and proceeds to attack Devon and Damon as they are the only thing that stands between him and Darlie? Although I'd imagine Darlie would have sung like a canary if that was the case.

Another thing that has crossed my mind numerous times is the possibility that either Darin, Darlie or both were sedated at the time the attacks took place and there was indeed an intruder, hired by either party to murder the children and Darlie / Darin. Far fetched I know but its just something that keeps coming to mind.

One thing I am certain on is that if Darin was not sedated or incapacitated in some way, he must have heard what was going on down stairs much earlier than when he runs down to Darlies screaming, which says to me he either let it happen and was involved that way, or involved in person. If Darlie was also not incapacitated then that begs the question, did she commit the murders? did she drug Darin so he wouldn't hear what was going on? Was she planning on going the whole way and planning to murder Darin and Drake also?

Of course there is no evidence to suggest that anybody was drugged, in fact I'd go as far to say the evidence suggests Darlie did murder her two boys that night out of cold blood. But I can't help but think neither Darlie or Darin are telling the whole truth and there is more to this case than Darlie wanting out of family life and her moment in the spotlight. I watched a fairly recent interview with Darlie and it struck me that when asked if she killed Devon and Damon and she replied "No I did not'......I felt like she was wanting to say 'No, I did not, but I know who did'....just by the way she said it and the look in her eyes. My gut feeling on this case presents me with four different conclusions.

1.) Darlie has repressed all memories of the murders and honestly does not believe she killed her children but subconsciously, she knows she did.

2.) Darin drugged Darlie, attacked the children first knowing she was incapacitated, she woke up unexpectedly so Darin started to attack her, he then fled the scene and reentered the home from another entrance.

3.) Darlies mysterious intruder wasn't really an intruder, she let him in as she knew him and the attack was a shock, but she didn't do anything to stop it and to this day she is still protecting that person.

4.) Darin and Darlie both collaborated on the murders, they both played their part and are equally as guilty.

These are different possibilities I have come up with based off the evidence i've seen online......although I do feel the most realistic is that Darlie and Darin both played their part in this, even if Darin did just let her do it.

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

IMO there's a fifth conclusion. It happens to be the one I think is most accurate:

5. Darlie knows she killed her boys, is fully aware, but is a convincing enough liar so that she leaves some people either wondering if she did or else believing a mother couldn't do such a thing and therefore Darlie couldn't have done this either.

Hello! long time lurker, especially with the Darlie Routier case and I have to admit i'm still on the fence as to whether I believe she killed Devon and Damon. There is just so much I have a hard time believing, I struggle to believe that Darin wouldn't have heard the commotion down stairs and nor do I believe that Darlie wouldn't have realised her own children were being brutally attacked a matter of feet away.

Personally I find the concept on an intruder interesting, Could it be that Darlie was having an affair and was refusing to leave Darin for the other, unknown man because of the children? Could it be that that man turned up in the middle of the night, Darlie let him in through the back door, knowing who he was, he then renders her unconscious and proceeds to attack Devon and Damon as they are the only thing that stands between him and Darlie? Although I'd imagine Darlie would have sung like a canary if that was the case.

Another thing that has crossed my mind numerous times is the possibility that either Darin, Darlie or both were sedated at the time the attacks took place and there was indeed an intruder, hired by either party to murder the children and Darlie / Darin. Far fetched I know but its just something that keeps coming to mind.

One thing I am certain on is that if Darin was not sedated or incapacitated in some way, he must have heard what was going on down stairs much earlier than when he runs down to Darlies screaming, which says to me he either let it happen and was involved that way, or involved in person. If Darlie was also not incapacitated then that begs the question, did she commit the murders? did she drug Darin so he wouldn't hear what was going on? Was she planning on going the whole way and planning to murder Darin and Drake also?

Of course there is no evidence to suggest that anybody was drugged, in fact I'd go as far to say the evidence suggests Darlie did murder her two boys that night out of cold blood. But I can't help but think neither Darlie or Darin are telling the whole truth and there is more to this case than Darlie wanting out of family life and her moment in the spotlight. I watched a fairly recent interview with Darlie and it struck me that when asked if she killed Devon and Damon and she replied "No I did not'......I felt like she was wanting to say 'No, I did not, but I know who did'....just by the way she said it and the look in her eyes. My gut feeling on this case presents me with four different conclusions.

1.) Darlie has repressed all memories of the murders and honestly does not believe she killed her children but subconsciously, she knows she did.

2.) Darin drugged Darlie, attacked the children first knowing she was incapacitated, she woke up unexpectedly so Darin started to attack her, he then fled the scene and reentered the home from another entrance.

3.) Darlies mysterious intruder wasn't really an intruder, she let him in as she knew him and the attack was a shock, but she didn't do anything to stop it and to this day she is still protecting that person.

4.) Darin and Darlie both collaborated on the murders, they both played their part and are equally as guilty.

These are different possibilities I have come up with based off the evidence i've seen online......although I do feel the most realistic is that Darlie and Darin both played their part in this, even if Darin did just let her do it.

I am also a bit or a lurker and almost never post. This is one of the cases I have studied in great detail. Like you, I also could not get my head around Darlie doing this in cold blood. But after reading the trial transcripts, I just don't see another possibility. And I believe she was driven by rage; therefore not premeditated / collaborative.

I live in a double-storey house and it is conceivable that Darin didn't hear anything. I can stand at the bottom of our staircase to call the kids for dinner, and they don't hear me unless they are in the rooms closest to the stairs.

How does that reflect on her guilt or innocence?

If everyone who's just going by dodgy transcripts that aren't correct are judging it now, it has an impact.

I went to school for court reporting and there is A LOT that can change the meaning or inflection of the written record.

My personal theory is the husband planned it maybe for insurance money, and Darlie wasn't supposed to be alive at the end of it.

If everyone who's just going by dodgy transcripts that aren't correct are judging it now, it has an impact.

I went to school for court reporting and there is A LOT that can change the meaning or inflection of the written record.

My personal theory is the husband planned it maybe for insurance money, and Darlie wasn't supposed to be alive at the end of it.

The trial was tape recorded. Another court reporter used the audio tapes to correct the transcripts. The ones online now are the corrected ones.

Knockout drugs were not found in Darlie's system when she was in the hospital. So she wasn't drugged. And she's too selfish to sit on death row for 20 years to protect somebody else, no matter who it was.

If one makes the argument that Darin should have heard the commotion from upstairs, why didn't Darlie hear it from 2 feet away? Because she has claimed many times, and in court testimony, that she didn't.

Listen to the 911 tape. Darin arrives downstairs while Darlie is on the phone and asks all kinds of questions about what happened. Darlie defensively answers his questions, telling him there was an intruder and that she doesn't know who it was. If Darin was involved, there would be no need for that conversation. They weren't savvy enough to come up with that kind of ruse.

All the blood evidence points to Darlie and only Darlie. There is no evidence of an intruder, known or otherwise. His bloody footprints would have been everywhere just like hers were.

Innocent theories always involve stretches of the imagination and "what ifs". The real evidence all points to Darlie.

Was Darin wearing Darlie's nightshirt when he stabbed his boys to death? There is cast off blood spatter from the boys on her nightshirt that only the person wearing it could of made.

Was Darin wearing Darlie's nightshirt when he stabbed his boys to death? There is cast off blood spatter from the boys on her nightshirt that only the person wearing it could of made.

Actually, that's inaccurate. Anyone in the room during the attack could have castoff stains on their clothing. Castoff blood does not confine itself to only a perpetrator. Considering the weapon was a knife and the blood would fly off the knife tip traveling outward it's more likely the person with the castoff blood on them simply had the misfortune of being in the room when the attack occurred.

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

IMO there's a fifth conclusion. It happens to be the one I think is most accurate:

5. Darlie knows she killed her boys, is fully aware, but is a convincing enough liar so that she leaves some people either wondering if she did or else believing a mother couldn't do such a thing and therefore Darlie couldn't have done this either.

I've never really paid much attention to her television interviews (certainly not swayed by them) and I fully believe a mother can murder her children. That said I believe Darlie is innocent.

<snipped>

If one makes the argument that Darin should have heard the commotion from upstairs, why didn't Darlie hear it from 2 feet away? Because she has claimed many times, and in court testimony, that she didn't.

Listen to the 911 tape. Darin arrives downstairs while Darlie is on the phone and asks all kinds of questions about what happened. Darlie defensively answers his questions, telling him there was an intruder and that she doesn't know who it was. If Darin was involved, there would be no need for that conversation. They weren't savvy enough to come up with that kind of ruse.

All the blood evidence points to Darlie and only Darlie. There is no evidence of an intruder, known or otherwise. His bloody footprints would have been everywhere just like hers were.

Innocent theories always involve stretches of the imagination and "what ifs". The real evidence all points to Darlie.

I don't understand why everyone assumes the attack had to be noisy. That aside, the evidence indicates Darlie was attacked first and was most likely passed out when the boys were attacked.

"Defensively answers" is a highly opinionated statement. Her tone when speaking to Darin was the exact same tone she used throughout the vast majority of the call. BTW, there was a cop standing right there when this exchange took place. Care to explain why he never noticed this "defensive" conversation between Darlie and Darin?

Ah... Bloody footprints all through the house? Darlie claimed she was attacked on the couch and never left the couch until the intruder was on his way out. Damon was stabbed twice and never moved from the spot he was laying. It would have taken at least a few minutes for any blood to begin to pool around his body for an intruder to then walk through. Devon was stabbed near the couch ,and again, would have taken at least a few minutes for blood to deposit on the floor for an intruder to then walk through.

Considering the vast majority of all the blood in the house was Darlie's and it was deposited all over the floor after she said the intruder left I'm hard pressed to figure out what blood you think an intruder would have walked through and then trampled all over the house on his way out.

The State of Texas needs to put an end to these ridiculous theories from someone that catches a show on ID and decides they know the "real" facts.

The was sentenced to death. She needs to die. I will mourn as much as I did when Bin Laden, Jeffrey Dahmer and Fidel Castro went.

I believe she's guilty, but she's been on death row for what, 20 years? The average length of time for a death row inmate before execution in Texas is 10.87 years. (Link below)
Idk, but I have the feeling she'll end up either getting a new trial, or her conviction being commuted to LWOP. Then again there are two that took 31 years, so who knows? Death row costs us a lot more, I personally would be satisfied with LWOP. Just JMO

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_facts.html

I'd be fine if her sentence was commuted to LWOP. It doesn't seem like TX is particularly anxious to execute her anyway (and yes I know her attorneys have filed lots of briefs and motions over the years to test various things, which is also part of the delay). Some cases I feel strongly about the DP and others, not as much. Her case is one in which I don't feel as strongly about the DP as long as she is behind bars with no chance at parole.

IMO, no one is more deserving of the death penalty than baby killers and I am frankly sick of women that murder their own children somehow getting a pass on it. Susan Smith should have been executed. Darlie should be as well.

In both cases the execution would be far more merciful than what these monsters did to their own children.

I don't think of LWOP as getting a pass. For someone who's young, LWOP is a living death. There's no escape, no out, just existence.

IMO, no one is more deserving of the death penalty than baby killers and I am frankly sick of women that murder their own children somehow getting a pass on it. Susan Smith should have been executed. Darlie should be as well.

In both cases the execution would be far more merciful than what these monsters did to their own children.

I understand your perspective. Though, IMO, Darlie's case was mostly circumstantial evidence. But I do believe she's guilty. The difference, Susan Smith actually confessed. Yes, she was guilty, but her confession gives her a slight head up above Darlie. I don't see any reason for killing Susan Smith because she confessed and IIRC, expressed a little remorse.. I don't see any reason to kill Darlie because her case is mostly circumstantial, and it will cost the State of Texas too much money to continue to pursue the death penalty. And, she's safe and secure and will die a miserable death in prison. She will never be a money grubbing, fake, bleach blonde, wannabe, socialite.

It is a shame she isn't required to have her Double D breast implants removed though. Now THAT would be true penance, the loss of her most treasured and prime assets, don't you agree?! :D

I do know of a few cases that innocent people have been on death row... that's what always, always gives me pause when it comes to taking someone's life, and the death penalty in general.

On the other hand, when it comes to Radical Islamic Terrorists, etc..... don't waste a beat. A five minute trial, then a true and just public hanging in the town square! Or, a firing squad... I'm good with either one ! JMO

I have followed this case in great detail for some time.

While I do believe both Darlie and Darrin are guilty, I'm shocked she hasn't implicated her husband.

She doesn't seem the type to go under the bus for someone.

Or, the whole thing was an insurance scam (as they were having big money problems) and when her lies didn't work, she decided to stick with them?

Someone had to plant the sock, and Darrin had no blood on him, meaning he could go plant the sock without leaving a trace of blood.

She has nothing to lose by pointing the finger at Darin since she's already on death row and is facing some of her very last appeals.

Since she stuck to her claim it was an intruder who did it, and based on my belief she would not be so generous to take the fall 100% if Darin was involved, I think it was all her doing.

Whether Darin assisted her after it all happened can be debated, but there's no evidence he was in on the murders itself and she never once claimed him to be involved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back