KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for that for two years, and I have not found any reference in the press. It is possible that Kathy was the teacher of the son of Ellis, but that does not seem very significant. It is a small community.

Ellis's wife was a substitute teacher, and it is also possible that she was one of Samantha´s teachers. There is no information about it.

I'm not sure how (substitute teacher) assignments go, but there are three school districts/systems in Nelson County. There is a Nelson County school district for NC ("outside of Bardstown") schools, Bardstown school district (kids that live in the Btown city limits) and the Parochial schools (Bethlehem HS).

The Netherlands lived outside of the city limits, but I suppose the daughter went to Bardstown schools because her mom taught there. I don't know if this would affect what schools Amy was called to work as a sub, I know that they lived somewhere side of the county. So the kids would go to Bloomfield. and when they got to be older, they'd go to NCHS.

As our population's been rising, they've bisected my alma mater (NCHS). There's NCHS for the eastern part of the county. There's a new school called Thomas Nelson HS for those living west of the dividing line (US-31E, New Haven Rd and Louisville Rd). But NCHS/TNHS are both in the Nelson County district.

This is sickening, what's happened to Crystal (or any of our other unsolved victims). That family has been dealing with tragedy since I was literally in my mom's belly. I hope the tide starts turning for them soon.

I am pro-LE but this is ridiculous. How many unsolved murders do they have in this town??? What is going on?? Like many others have said, something really stinks here. I would not feel comfortable with local LE checking into any of this.

Because there's no way that some of them are NOT already involved. At least in Crystal's case and Ofc Ellis' case. I haven't seen much of anything to make me think that any LE were involved with the Netherlands.

BFlocket, I share your frustration. Do we know if Nick Houck was ever Jason Ellis' partner? I read elsewhere that in one of Nick's interrogations he was asked who his partner was and he stated he worked with Jason Ellis until he was murdered. I have searched all news clips and could not find verification. I know we are limited in what we have seen due to the ongoing investigations status of all the crimes in Bardstown but it would be helpful to know if there is any truth to this allegation. I hope the FBI takes over each investigation and I would like to see some media entity file an open records request. We have seen enough to know that of all five crimes, (Netherland murders, Jason Ellis, Crystal Rogers and now Tommy Ballard), 3 are now directly linked to the bluegrass parkway and 3 of the five are known to have been due to gunshot wounds. Additionally, all 5 victims were family oriented people. I'm open to suggestions but have totally lost faith in any local LE pursuing investigation, let alone solving any of these crimes. I want justice and closure for each family and I want peace for the residents of Bardstown!

BFlocket, I share your frustration. Do we know if Nick Houck was ever Jason Ellis' partner? I read elsewhere that in one of Nick's interrogations he was asked who his partner was and he stated he worked with Jason Ellis until he was murdered. I have searched all news clips and could not find verification. I know we are limited in what we have seen due to the ongoing investigations status of all the crimes in Bardstown but it would be helpful to know if there is any truth to this allegation. I hope the FBI takes over each investigation and I would like to see some media entity file an open records request. We have seen enough to know that of all five crimes, (Netherland murders, Jason Ellis, Crystal Rogers and now Tommy Ballard), 3 are now directly linked to the bluegrass parkway and 3 of the five are known to have been due to gunshot wounds. Additionally, all 5 victims were family oriented people. I'm open to suggestions but have totally lost faith in any local LE pursuing investigation, let alone solving any of these crimes. I want justice and closure for each family and I want peace for the residents of Bardstown!

No, they were never partners. I'm pretty sure they didn't work the same shift and I'm also pretty sure Houck wasn't full time until
Some time after Ofc Ellis was killed. Also, Ellis was in narcotics and Houck wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pro-LE but this is ridiculous. How many unsolved murders do they have in this town??? What is going on?? Like many others have said, something really stinks here. I would not feel comfortable with local LE checking into any of this.

All these cases are being investigated by KSP, not by local LE.

Possible links between victims and their families do not mean much. Small community, lots of contact.

All these cases are being investigated by KSP, not by local LE.

Possible links between victims and their families do not mean much. Small community, lots of contact.

I'm pretty sure NCSO is still lead in Crystal's disappearance. I know KSP has offered some of their resources but as far as I know, they haven't taken it over.

Hey everyone,
I am new to this site.. This caught my eye, I'm from KY but moved to Los Angeles. How do I find out more about this? I would like to help and be a websleuth! Very new, so I apologize that I have no idea what to type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The land that Tommy was hunting was very very close to where crystals car was found abandoned along BP Parkway. I wonder if this land had been searched previously and if so how thorough.

IMO, If someone had wanted to get rid of a 'thorn' in their side, they could count on a Kentucky man who hunts to be at his favorite hunting spot opening morning of deer season. Then it's just a waiting game.

Hey everyone,
I am new to this site.. This caught my eye, I'm from KY but moved to Los Angeles. How do I find out more about this? I would like to help and be a websleuth! Very new, so I apologize that I have no idea what to type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome LexiaHope! I am on my phone so can't link to anything (just haven't figured out how from here) but first thing you really need to do is read the Terms of Service. Just use the search feature and you will find it, or perhaps one of the other posters can post it. Then start with the first thread of this case, which you will find on page 1 of this one and start reading! Yes, a lot to read through but it's worth not missing anything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It's a very helpful bunch around here. Again, welcome to Websleuths!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

If officer Ellis was a narcotics officer, I wonder if LE has seriously investigated any leads he may have been given or been looking at regarding drugs prior to his death. IMO this should not be dismissed and although I realize this post would need to be placed under his thread, would any narcotics investigations/tips be tied into the Crystal disappearance?

Just a thought.... wouldn't it be nice to have a "Bardstown, KY Unsolved Crimes" board all by itself... that way all these leads/thoughts/links/speculations/facts could be gathered in one spot?!?

The land that Tommy was hunting was very very close to where crystals car was found abandoned along BP Parkway.

I thought they found her car a decent ways west of Btown, around one of the 733/Bellwood overpasses...

That's a bit west of Btown and only anywhere near being "close" if you're on the BG. The closest exit to where her dad was shot would be the Sfield/Btown exit near Walmart. The BG crosses Pottershop Rd near where he was shot, but there's no "exit" there.

I just can't see someone intent upon killing someone just parking on the BG's shoulder and wandering off to shoot someone with their car still on the shoulder of the parkway. Unless they have some control over which vehicles along the BG are checked on and which ones aren't.

Haven't been on here in a while. Just seen the awful news about Tommy Ballard. That's just so sad. I can't imagine what the family is going through. I started reading to catch up and learned about the fire. It's all just too Hinky to me. And for now I will leave it at that.

The land that Tommy was hunting was very very close to where crystals car was found abandoned along BP Parkway. I wonder if this land had been searched previously and if so how thorough.

IMO, If someone had wanted to get rid of a 'thorn' in their side, they could count on a Kentucky man who hunts to be at his favorite hunting spot opening morning of deer season. Then it's just a waiting game.

The car was found farther west from both Bardstown exits. BH had said in the beginning that he thought she had gone to stay with her cousin and her car was conveniently found on the Parkway heading west towards where the cousin lived.

It's at a point on the parkway that gets pretty dark at night because it's surrounded by trees to north and rock walls to the south.

The car was found farther west from both Bardstown exits. BH had said in the beginning that he thought she had gone to stay with her cousin and her car was conveniently found on the Parkway heading west towards where the cousin lived.

It's at a point on the parkway that gets pretty dark at night because it's surrounded by trees to north and rock walls to the south.

Is this confirmed? It's the first time I read it, and I think it's very important.

Is this confirmed? It's the first time I read it, and I think it's very important.

Is what part confirmed? The part about her possibly going to her cousins? It was in articles and it may have been mentioned on Nancy Grace. It was an excuse BH gave as to why he wasn't alarmed at first when she wasn't home in the morning.

Oh my word! I didn't know Mr. Ballard was killed. How awful for this poor family. I can't believe Crystal's disappearance has never been.solved. And now her dad? Someone in that county needs to get on the stick. The answer can't be far. JMO

Is what part confirmed? The part about her possibly going to her cousins? It was in articles and it may have been mentioned on Nancy Grace. It was an excuse BH gave as to why he wasn't alarmed at first when she wasn't home in the morning.

No, the part about the cousing living to the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member