GUILTY CA - Elizabeth Sullivan, 31, San Diego, 13 Oct 2014 *Arrest*

Very weird. I wonder how long she has actually been deceased. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I'm surprised her body could have been in there for two years. That is not a secluded area, and it's not an enormous body of water. As a local, I've followed her case and wondered what happened to her. Rest in peace, Elizabeth...

Body in Bay Ends 2-Year Search for Navy Wife Reported Missing in Liberty Station

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ound-After-More-Than-Two-Years-405095195.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

:rose: RIP ELIZABETH :rose:

This is sad news. I guess I always thought she left and was still alive someplace. She was found not far from where she lived. Wonder what an investigation now will reveal.

Body found in San Diego Bay identified as missing Navy wife
Updated: Dec 07, 2016 10:43 AM PST
http://www.cbs8.com/story/33998210/body-found-in-san-diego-bay-identified-as-missing-navy-wife

Can't stop thinking about this and asking questions.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ound-After-More-Than-Two-Years-405095195.html

There's a picture of where the remains were found, but it doesn't say how long the body could have been there. Hard to believe she wasn't found sooner as it's not that remote a spot. I hope an investigation provides more answers.

Wow!! I'm shocked to hear the body found in Liberty Bay was Elizabeth!

So curious what investigators think happened since they use the word body opposed to skeletal remains.

So many of you are confirming it seems strange that the body was out there for such a long time without being discovered until recently. She wasn't found that far from where she lived.

https://www.facebook.com/FindElizabethSullivan

It doesn't sound like her husband has stayed in contact with Elizabeth's family. I don't know where he's stationed or living now, but it sounds like he may have and be raising the children.

:bump: Bumping this from the very first post of this thread from los2188 about Elizabeth going missing because it provides some background on this case. The link no longer works, but here's the quote.

SAN DIEGO - San Diego police are asking for the public's help in finding a Navy wife reported missing earlier this week.

Elizabeth Sullivan, a 31-year-old mother of two young daughters, was last known to be at her Point Loma home on Oct. 13, and her disappearance has her friends in San Diego and family in Virginia worried for her safety.

According to police, her last contact was a text message sent on that Oct. 13. Police said her phone has been turned off since then.

"We are all very worried and concerned," said friend Nathan Caracter.

Caracter told 10News he last spoke to Sullivan on Sunday night.

"We left it at 'talk to you tomorrow' … didn't hear from her again," he said.

He contacted police and filed a missing persons report.

According to Caracter, Sullivan and her husband Matthew, who is in the Navy, had been having marital problems. Caracter said her disappearance is a concern because she has not been in contact with anyone.

Tony Ricks, Sullivan's father, told 10News via phone from Virginia, "I texted her several messages and she didn't respond, and I haven't heard anything since then."

Ricks said he talks to his daughter sometimes two to three times a day. They sometimes disagree on issues, like what happened Monday on the phone, but they have a system to say they are OK.

"We always had a pact that because she was so far away from home that she would text me at least to say 'I'm OK' because she knew that I would worry if I didn't hear from her," Ricks said.

Police said Sullivan's car is in the garage and "it is unknown what form of transportation she was using that day [Oct. 13]."

http://www.10news.com/news/search-fo...missing-oct-13

Body of missing Hampton woman found in San Diego bay after going missing two years ago
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...ing-missing-two-years-ago-20161207-story.html

"The death of a Navy mother, who was found floating in a Point Loma canal in October after disappearing two years ago, is being called a homicide, police said Wednesday.

Elizabeth Sullivan, 31, went missing in October 2014."

also

"Then, on Oct. 4, a body was found near Liberty Station NTC and Farragut Road about 4:30 p.m. An autopsy revealed the decomposed corpse belonged to Sullivan, and that she had been killed. "

“Our goal is to solve this case, and it’s only a small part in our effort to figure out what happened, but being able to (tell the family) — at least there’s a bit of closure,” said San Diego police Lt. Mike Holden."

"The lieutenant wouldn’t divulge what prompted investigators to label the death a homicide, or when they believe Sullivan was slain."

Ohhhh....WOW. I had given up on my first theory, now I might reinstate it!

Terribly sad for her family.

I'm in San Diego and just saw this on the news. So sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Body of missing Hampton woman found in San Diego bay after going missing two years ago
http://www.dailypress.com/news/crim...ing-missing-two-years-ago-20161207-story.html

"The death of a Navy mother, who was found floating in a Point Loma canal in October after disappearing two years ago, is being called a homicide, police said Wednesday.

Elizabeth Sullivan, 31, went missing in October 2014."

also

"Then, on Oct. 4, a body was found near Liberty Station NTC and Farragut Road about 4:30 p.m. An autopsy revealed the decomposed corpse belonged to Sullivan, and that she had been killed. "

"The lieutenant wouldn’t divulge what prompted investigators to label the death a homicide, or when they believe Sullivan was slain."

Body found floating... if the body had been there a long time, would it have been able to float? Forgive me, I dont know how to put my question in gentler words. I know bodies can float, but can skeletal remains float?

That husband always seemed suspicious to me, not saying he has anything to do with it for sure, but you know...I had a weird feeling about him from the start.

They dismissed him as a supect so quickly, that's why so many of us thought she could still be alive and might have left voluntarily.

I know that bodies in water first sink to the ground and come back up to the surface after a while, very bloated (sorry, not a native speaker, I don't know how to put it properly). I don't think skeletal remains can float but I'm not an expert so not sure.

On October 4, a woman’s body was found floating a channel near the shoreline at Farragut. Although her body was not immediately identified, officials could tell from her decomposed body that she had been dead for quite some time.
Although a cause of death has not yet been publicly announced, police are classifying the case as a homicide, reported the San Diego Tribune. No arrests have been made in connection to the case and investigators are still looking for possible leads.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/20...iscovery-of-decomposed-body-floating-in-.html

That husband always seemed suspicious to me, not saying he has anything to do with it for sure, but you know...I had a weird feeling about him from the start.

They dismissed him as a supect so quickly, that's why so many of us thought she could still be alive and might have left voluntarily.

He seems suspicious to me, too. He was probably "dismissed as a suspect" as a way of preventing him from lawyering up, and so continuing to talk to detectives.

I hope Elizabeth and her family get Justice now because whoever killed her needs to be behind bars.

After all this time, Elizabeth is found, and what remains of her tells a story to investigators of homicide. There's some reason, something left, that reveals someone killed her! She didn't run off. Although now I wonder if she was getting ready to take the children and leave because that would really suggest a motive. Whoever did this probably started to think they got away with it.

Her children are in my thoughts and prayers.

It makes me think maybe it was obvious she was weighted or tied.

RIP Elizabeth, at least there can be closure and hopefully a guilty verdict

this or GSW. its a wonder she isn't skeletonized because the water in SD isn't cold.

It makes me think maybe it was obvious she was weighted or tied.

RIP Elizabeth, at least there can be closure and hopefully a guilty verdict

Where did you see that MS was dismissed as a suspect?

See cousin's post here one day before the body was found.
https://www.facebook.com/FindElizabethSullivan/

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 114

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads