MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has already been posted.

This update states that "Stislicki was last seen around 5 p.m., Friday, Dec. 2, leaving the Met Life Office building on Telegraph, north of 10 Mile, in Southfield." If there is a credible sigting of Danielle leaving work, we can assume she was safe at that time and most likely drove her vehicle to her apartment unless she encountered someone while on her way home possibly running errands.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ails-missing-farmington-hills-woman/95137622/

During the presser yesterday, Mrs. Stislicki mentioned that Danielle might have left work a little early due to the pre-planned meeting with her friend. I wonder if 5:00 was early, or if the article assumes that's when she left (maybe it was the regular end of the working day at MetLife)? Danielle was going to be working on Saturday, so leaving early on Friday made sense.

I was reading her Instagram and saw one of the captions she mentions something about a blog so I searched and found her tumblr: http://stinkybummer-blog.tumblr.com/

But I don't know anything about tumblr and I don't see any dates on the posts. Is there a way to tell how recent the posts are?

There is a pic of guy there with her cat and I was wondering if this is a boyfriend? She also posts a pic of a tattoo she likes as an idea to "cover up her stars" so I guess she was not happy with the constellation tat and wanted to change it? I wonder if it was just the design of that tat she did not like--how it looked--or if that tat had some significance like she got it to represent a boyfriend who had since broken up with her and she wanted to change it for that type of reason? I know there are lots of reason people might change or cover up tats and that might not be significant, just wondering.

I perused Danielle's Instagram and was amazed at her awesome food photos. She appears to be a fabulous cook and shows true talent in the art of food presentation. The friend for whom Danielle was going to cook was in for a treat :)

Chiming in as a local volunteer for a search; please let me know if I'm needed, I'm more than willing.

I was reading her Instagram and saw one of the captions she mentions something about a blog so I searched and found her tumblr: http://stinkybummer-blog.tumblr.com/

But I don't know anything about tumblr and I don't see any dates on the posts. Is there a way to tell how recent the posts are?

There is a pic of guy there with her cat and I was wondering if this is a boyfriend? She also posts a pic of a tattoo she likes as an idea to "cover up her stars" so I guess she was not happy with the constellation tat and wanted to change it? I wonder if it was just the design of that tat she did not like--how it looked--or if that tat had some significance like she got it to represent a boyfriend who had since broken up with her and she wanted to change it for that type of reason? I know there are lots of reason people might change or cover up tats and that might not be significant, just wondering.

In looking at Danielle's Tumblr from my phone, I noticed an archive option. When I clicked on the archive option, the dates of the posts are available. The last post was in March of 2013. All other posts were before that date.

I said this upthread...there could be another scenario..

Danielle stops somewhere on way home and gets carjacked/pushed into/or someone gets in her car. He takes her to another location. He returns her car to her apt as he knows her address from her drivers license.
Unless there was a witness, we can't even assume Danielle made it home. We know her CAR made it home but we don't know that she did.

It would be good if we could verify

if her car looked the way it did (dirty) at work that day
last gas fill up and miles traveled equivalent to gas usage?
video of her along her way home

I said this upthread...there could be another scenario..

Danielle stops somewhere on way home and gets carjacked/pushed into/or someone gets in her car. He takes her to another location. He returns her car to her apt as he knows her address from her drivers license.
Unless there was a witness, we can't even assume Danielle made it home. We know her CAR made it home but we don't know that she did.

It would be good if we could verify

if her car looked the way it did (dirty) at work that day
last gas fill up and miles traveled equivalent to gas usage?
video of her along her way home

During the presser, Mrs. Stislicki showed a photo of Danielle's dirty Jeep. She mentioned that Danielle's car was frequently dirty because she visited relatives in rural areas (dirt roads). Mrs. S specifically asked the public to think about whether they could have seen the very dirty vehicle late Friday afternoon when Danielle should have been driving home from work. Presumably, the Jeep was dirty, but finding out how long ago D got gas and how many miles driven is a good point.

I can't seem to find any info about her being spotted on security cameras anywhere on her way home from work. Has anyone heard anything about that? By now, I would expect the police to already have that information.

I can't seem to find any info about her being spotted on security cameras anywhere on her way home from work. Has anyone heard anything about that? By now, I would expect the police to already have that information.

That question was asked during the presser yesterday. Police Chief answered that they were not going to release information about possible surveillance sightings that might tip off the perpetrator(s).

Thanks!

So pretty damn dark! That's pretty bad for a complex.

I was wondering how neighbours could not confirm if her car was there that night (I am a nosey neighbour and have nosey neighbours :) ) but that explains a lot.

Me too when working from home or now I am home recovering from shoulder and bicep surgery. I swear if I go to eat at a restaurant, I look around wondering if there are any murders in there lol

Soooo many scenarios running through my head...

So this friend's court case was supposed to happen 12/06 and was postponed a week? Was she a witness at all? Was there any danger outside of the person in prison? Is she suddenly in witness protection?

Had something happened at work that she could have gotten in trouble for, and she went missing voluntarily?

Was she seeing anybody new? Or had she just ended things with somebody that could have become volatile? Obviously police would already have all of her PMs and texts, hopefully there are bits there that have them headed in the right direction.

The drug agencies and dept. of corrections are helping aid in this search and I just cannot fathom why, which all brings me back to the witness protection theory or maybe they think she became involved with some really nasty people (cartel sorts of people), and that just seems WAY out of her character. You can smoke pot without being on a cartel level!

I am so confused. There has to be an obvious something that they're not letting out yet. Like an Uber call, or a meetup with a guy or friend, or SOMETHING. :(

Did she ever use the buy sell trade pages or craigslist?

I have a doctor's appointment late tomorrow morning but will certainly make every effort to be home on time for the press conference. Pleased to know that the family is speaking out and hoping they will let the public know what we can do to help - distribute fliers, participate in searches, etc. :praying: that Danielle is located soon.

She actually parked right in front of her building so it would have been easily accessible for her. Complex has indoor mailboxes. No obsessive ex-boyfriends as far as anyone is aware.

Absolutely agreed. I used to live in the neighboring complex, Windemere, and my wife and I ultimately moved for many of those reasons. Searching the grounds took a very large, coordinated effort and there is still so much left that could be covered. Lots of ponds and reeds. Searching inside the buildings though...yeah, that would take a very long time. There are all the apartments at Independence Green, all the apartments at Windemere, all of the neighboring Drake condominiums that are connected as well, the giant sprawling apartment complex "Muirwood" just over the brick wall next to Independence Green, and then there's the apartment complex actoss the street "Chatham Hills". Just past Windemere is a huge, fairly upscale neighborhood (same thing with Chatham Hills). Across the street on the other side is another heavily wooded area, a pond and a golf course. Lots of local businesses, run down or abandoned industrial complexes, and then a Kroger down the road. We canvassed all of those areas. The freeway is literally right around the corner, which has me a little nervous.

Looking at the photographs of her vehicle, that jeep had recently been driven and driven at a decent clip on a gravel/dirt road:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/12/mother_of_missing_farmington_h.html

DS's mother explained that her daughter sometimes drives on back-roads---but would she have been out back-roading that week or day?

It rained on and off all week that week around Detroit--including on and off on Thursday December 1st and overnight Thursday night into Friday AM. The roads between DS's work and her apt are all paved roads.

DS parked her car outside at her apt complex; which means it would've been rained on Thursday night. That dirt pattern looks like it happened post-rain--which would mean it was driven on a dirt road and driven quickly on that/those dirt roads Friday or Saturday. IMO.

Also, the upper portions of the jeep are clean--like a car that had been washed recently; and the dirt along the lower portions happening v recently and due to driving fast on a dirt road.

I don't think the dirt on the car necessarily looks fresh. It's more like dust which just clings in the rain. If rain cleaned cars, I'd never have to wash mine here on the west coast!

Also, it could make sense that if she was just going to run inside and grab a few things before heading to see her friend, she'd grab her keys and her phone, but leave her purse in her locked car since she'll be going back to it soon. So something would then have happened after she got home and left her car. Could someone have been waiting for her? Would there be anyone else with a key to her apartment?

I Iive in a rural area about 30 miles from Farmington Hills and drive dirt roads at a good speed (45 to 55 mph) almost everyday - after driving down a dirt road at about 5:30 PM on Friday, at the speed I mentioned previously, I had to get a car wash because my entire SUV was covered in mud, the windsheild, rear window, all of the doors/windows. If someone drove her vehicle at a fast pace on Friday or Saturday there would be more mud on her car than just at the bottom, there would have at least been mud splash up higher. Also, her parents live in Fowlerville, Mi (which is rural) maybe she didn't wash her SUV frequently and the mud was left on there from a Thanksgiving visit the week before.
Regardless of where Danielle was grabbed, the abduction had to be either random or planned. If it were random, I would expect more forensic evidence--for instance, obvious signs of a struggle. Because there are so few clues, I believe the abduction was carefully planned.
Kidnapping someone from an apartment complex is pretty high risk; most generic sexual deviants go for lower hanging fruit. If she was abducted elsewhere, then someone parked her jeep at her apartment in order to mislead investigators; a suspect with no connection to Danielle wouldn't bother with that. Any way you slice it, it does not appear random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle