Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw this memorial to Tiahleigh whilst travelling in the area recently.

Attachments

• 20161113_115450.jpg
    20161113_115450.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 45
We saw this memorial to Tiahleigh whilst travelling in the area recently.

Hiw heartbreaking. It's comforting to know Tiah is remembered. Poor little love, her life was stolen from her before she hsrdly had a chance to live it.

Bail hearing set down for tomorrow in the Brisbane Supreme court. I won't be able to attend as I am in the dist court this week. I suspect TT will appear via video link as many do from AG. I have an inkling he won't make bail. Too high a profile case. We shall see.

OFF TOPIC: On 9News.com.au. today "Queensland Coroner To Reopen Investigation Into WARRIENA WRIGHT'S Balcony Death".

As a lot of you are following Rie's Case on WS and her Thread has been closed until further notice, I felt you will be pleased with this good news.

The Coroner will be reviewing all the documentation before making a decision to hold an inquest.

Published in today's Sunday Mail.
(I don't know how to provide a link as I have just read it online).

OFF TOPIC: On 9News.com.au. today "Queensland Coroner To Reopen Investigation Into WARRIENA WRIGHT'S Balcony Death".

As a lot of you are following Rie's Case on WS and her Thread has been closed until further notice, I felt you will be pleased with this good news.

The Coroner will be reviewing all the documentation before making a decision to hold an inquest.

Published in today's Sunday Mail.
(I don't know how to provide a link as I have just read it online).

Thanks tiddles. Below is the link to the article. I've asked Admin if we may have Warriena's thread re-opened to discuss this further.

Queensland coroner to reopen investigation into Warriena Wright’s balcony death

3:08pm December 18, 2016

Christmas cheers for tiahleighs
And warrienas supporters - threads now open

AND the latest news today on a new search for Karen (Ristevski) with the focus of the investigation being around Toolern Vale & Gisborne areas, on Karen's thread today.

Two hearings tomorrow in two different courts. Supreme Court Brisbane will hear Trent's bail bid after if being adjourned last week.

Down at Beenleigh Court Rick and Trent to go before the magistrate. This will be Ricks first appearance after his overdose after his arrest. Trent has been told he MUST attend this hearing. It is doubtful they will be in the dock. Trent cannot be in two places once. So suspect both to appear via video link which is often the case. Have a wonderful Christmas all

so 20th or 21st?

Two hearings tomorrow in two different courts. Supreme Court Brisbane will hear Trent's bail bid after if being adjourned last week.

Down at Beenleigh Court Rick and Trent to go before the magistrate. This will be Ricks first appearance after his overdose after his arrest. Trent has been told he MUST attend this hearing. It is doubtful they will be in the dock. Trent cannot be in two places once. So suspect both to appear via video link which is often the case. Have a wonderful Christmas all

Trent Thorburn, foster brother of Tiahleigh Palmer, denied bail for charges of incest

Melanie Petrinec, The Courier-Mail. Today.

Trent Thorborn made a second bid for bail on Wednesday in the Brisbane Supreme Court on charges of incest, perverting the course of justice and perjury.

It was denied by Justice John Bond on numerous grounds, including that he presents a danger to other children.

“I do note there is material … that suggests the alleged offending between the applicant and an under-aged girl with Tiahleigh is not the first occasion he may have been involved in that conduct,” Justice Bond said.

He said police were concerned his involvement in dance classes would put him in close proximity to children.

Legal Aid defence barrister Catherine Morgan had earlier told the court her client had an inappropriate sexual relationship with Tiahleigh, “and then events which were outside his control occurred”.

She said there was no suggestion Trent Thorburn instigated the plan to lie to authorities – including at secret Crime and Corruption Commission hearings - for almost a year about what happened to Tiahleigh.

But Crown prosecutor Jacob Robson said he was “clearly an enthusiastic participant thereafter”.

Full article here.

“I do note there is material … that suggests the alleged offending between the applicant and an under-aged girl with Tiahleigh is not the first occasion he may have been involved in that conduct,” Justice Bond said.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t/news-story/14870fdf31a40a2872d2be974cab8c37

I don't know if the judge means there may have been more than one occasion of the offence with Tiahleigh or that Trent may have been involved with other underage girls.

Edit: Thanks, Makara, cross-posted.

Just heard on our local radio news that they both have to appear in seperate courts again on 22/2/17 via video links....also, something mentioned about psychiatric evaluations.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t/news-story/14870fdf31a40a2872d2be974cab8c37

I don't know if the judge means there may have been more than one occasion of the offence with Tiahleigh or that Trent may have been involved with other underage girls.

Edit: Thanks, Makara, cross-posted.

Yes that comment is confusing. I took it to mean that Trent Thorburn also sexually abused another under-age girl who was with Tiahleigh.

Nice . No bail for either.

I am taking the remark re other occasions of sexual inappropriateness by Trent in regard to his bail refusal as meaning that there are other underage children , girls, but not exclusively so, by Trent .

That goes ditto for Rick , of course.. his career as a predator and a sexual abuser of children has probably been photographed by him for years, such is his congenital stupidity. His murderous stupidity.

A legal Aid solicitor is interesting, this means the entire family has no assets and must rely on Legal Aid for representation at court. But that means that Legal Aid has to justify the course the defence of Trent and Rick will take. It will have to meet criteria, such as cost, probable outcome and time. I like it.

'She said there was no suggestion Trent Thorburn instigated the plan to lie to authorities – including at secret Crime and Corruption Commission hearings - for almost a year about what happened to Tiahleigh.

But Crown prosecutor Jacob Robson said he was “clearly an enthusiastic participant thereafter”.

I'll bet he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member