MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, first time user. I discovered this site while reading about this case because it is so close to home, and it flooded my Facebook feed. I was just curious and I don't think it has been mentioned, but has anyone looked at her twitter account? It doesn't appear to be in use for sometime now, but the users that she is following I found to be odd. Lots of Arabic, Indonesian, Japanese users, as well as what looks like cam girls, and strip clubs? I'd just seemed odd to me.

Not to mention LE said, the reason she is missing isn't an issue they just want to locate her...leads me to believe that they have a very strong idea as to the why.
To me it almost sounds like they suspect she may have run off or be in hiding. Kind of as if they were reaching out to HER.
( granted that was days ago) Was there a sense she feared she might be in trouble for something? Was she scared of something? While I know her purse was found in her car- could she have cash? Hopefully this is the case, and she is found soon!

I thought I had heard that they found cash in her wallet with credit cards and ID. However, I understand she still could have cash on her. I would think it's safe to say her bank transactions have been looked at, so LE would be aware of that possibility.

Since many of you have mentioned that you think she parked her car at Independence Green I have a possible theory. I think that someone could have been waiting for her (stalker, random, or known acquaintance), and appeared they needed help close to her parking spot(dead battery, flat tire, someone crying, etc.). This could have triggered her to lock purse in car and see what they needed, and when she came by to help they snagged her up.

if she was taken... it was most likely done by someone that knows her or that she has met before, statistically speaking.

So did she graduate from Redford Union or Fowlerville? Because Redford is by no means rural, having a few dirt roads does not make a town rural, plus it shares a border with Detroit to the East. I am not even sure I would consider it a 3 light town (it is smaller than say Livonia, but comparable in size to other nearby areas, such as, Dearborn Heights, Farmington, and Garden City). The media is reporting that she graduated from Redford Union, so I am assuming that is correct. Her parents now live in Fowlerville, with their younger children. Fowlerville is rural.

Hey, first time user. I discovered this site while reading about this case because it is so close to home, and it flooded my Facebook feed. I was just curious and I don't think it has been mentioned, but has anyone looked at her twitter account? It doesn't appear to be in use for sometime now, but the users that she is following I found to be odd. Lots of Arabic, Indonesian, Japanese users, as well as what looks like cam girls, and strip clubs? I'd just seemed odd to me.

I wonder if that is just "spam" or sock accounts. Perhaps not the right terminology, but I remember a couple of years ago when my twitter account, which I didn't post on regularly, was suddenly being followed by accounts with a lot of arabic-appearing followers and posts. Not sure how that happened, but when I finally realized it I immediately changed my password and deleted all of my unknown followers. My account has been fine since.

I wonder if that is just "spam" or sock accounts. Perhaps not the right terminology, but I remember a couple of years ago when my twitter account, which I didn't post on regularly, was suddenly being followed by accounts with a lot of arabic-appearing followers and posts. Not sure how that happened, but when I finally realized it I immediately changed my password and deleted all of my unknown followers. My account has been fine since.

That literally just happened to me the other day - my picture was changed and everything...Twitter locked my account due to suspicious activity.

I work a mile south of where Danielle works. We heard helicopters flying over a couple times this afternoon and wondered if it was related to a search.

I'm a year older than Danielle and from Livonia, which is close to Farmington Hills. I'm an occasional smoker and buy from someone I went to high school with, but wasn't close to at the time. He's been to my house, I've been to his house, we have a bunch of mutual friends. I can't think of a single friend/aqquaintance that does shady type "drug deals" anymore (high school was different- young and dumb). Danielle held a good job that she seemed to like and family and friends indicate she is a responsible person. If she did smoke I just can't see her being irresponsible enough to meet up with some random dealer that she wasn't familiar with.

By the sounds of it, it appears that a lot of us are in agreement that it was DS who parked her vehicle in that spot and that she became a victim after exiting the vehicle, either in the parking lot, just before reaching the entrance to her building, or inside her building. Also, I am beginning to agree with those who think this was not a random act, but where I am hung up on fully accepting this theory is her routine changed on the day she was abducted. She left work early and thus arrived to her parking lot earlier than normal, someone who had been stalking her/following her would have expected her to leave work at her normal time and get home at her normal time. Safety 101 for single women living alone (really anybody) is to change your routine up frequently because it prevents stalkers from getting a clear timeline of your daily activities.
Do we know if she got home early? She may have had stops on the way home?? In which she arrived close to normal time.
Imho

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So did she graduate from Redford Union or Fowlerville? Because Redford is by no means rural, having a few dirt roads does not make a town rural, plus it shares a border with Detroit to the East. I am not even sure I would consider it a 3 light town (it is smaller than say Livonia, but comparable in size to other nearby areas, such as, Dearborn Heights, Farmington, and Garden City). The media is reporting that she graduated from Redford Union, so I am assuming that is correct. Her parents now live in Fowlerville, with their younger children. Fowlerville is rural.
She graduated from Redford Union, yes. I think, as someone who grew up in Redford Township and graduated from Redford Union, I understand the tendency to view Redford as such a small place. While in all actuality it is a rather large city akin to places like Dearborn or Livonia, most kids who grew up in that area didn't really cross a certain line. Many RU graduates felt that once you went past Beech Daly and headed toward Telegraph things were starting to get sketchy the closer you got to the outskirts of Detroit. As a kid you didn't ride your bike past a certain point. Thus Redford Township often felt like it existed primarily between Beech Daly and Inkster, from Five Mile down to Grand River. One of the many jokes was that the 7-11 on the corner of 7 Mile and Inkster, which was the dividing line between Redford and Livonia, was on the Livonia side because Redford was too small for even a 7-11. On top of that, there was very little for a young person to do there, which often aided in the perception that Redford was dead. Lots of traffic lights, yes, but they weren't stopping you from doing much because there wasn't much to do. While it certainly wasn't that specific of an experience for everyone, it does help explain the perception of Redford for a lot of us who grew up there as well as those who grew up in other towns that feel small and claustrophobic despite the reality of the situation. My two cents anyway for what it's worth.

She graduated from Redford Union, yes. I think, as someone who grew up in Redford Township and graduated from Redford Union, I understand the tendency to view Redford as such a small place. While in all actuality it is a rather large city akin to places like Dearborn or Livonia, most kids who grew up in that area didn't really cross a certain line. Many RU graduates felt that once you went past Beech Daly and headed toward Telegraph things were starting to get sketchy the closer you got to the outskirts of Detroit. As a kid you didn't ride your bike past a certain point. Thus Redford Township often felt like it existed primarily between Beech Daly and Inkster, from Five Mile down to Grand River. One of the many jokes was that the 7-11 on the corner of 7 Mile and Inkster, which was the dividing line between Redford and Livonia, was on the Livonia side because Redford was too small for even a 7-11. On top of that, there was very little for a young person to do there, which often aided in the perception that Redford was dead. Lots of traffic lights, yes, but they weren't stopping you from doing much because there wasn't much to do. While it certainly wasn't that specific of an experience for everyone, it does help explain the perception of Redford for a lot of us who grew up there as well as those who grew up in other towns that feel small and claustrophobic despite the reality of the situation. My two cents anyway for what it's worth.

Makes more sense to me when you explain it that way. I grew up in Livingston County near Brighton/Howell and for most of my childhood there wasn't much out here. One of my grandma's lived at Beech & Joy (Dearborn Hgts), my dad owned a store on Ford Rd near Telegraph, and my other grandma lived a couple blocks from Divine Child (Dearborn). We actually called it "going into the city" when we went to visit them, so my perception was that Redford was "the city." There was so much more to do there, than in Livingston County at that time. My parent's first house was actually in Redford Twp, small world.

She graduated from Redford Union, yes. I think, as someone who grew up in Redford Township and graduated from Redford Union, I understand the tendency to view Redford as such a small place. .

Redford, up until the early 2000's, benefited from being right next to the part of Detroit known as "Copper Canyon".

Prior to 2000, all city employees in Michigan and Detroit were required to reside within the city for which they worked. In 1999, the Governor of Michigan repealed that law--freeing up Detroit police and firefighters and other city workers to reside anywhere they liked. And most chose NOT to continue to live in the City.

Former Mayor Bing around 2011 initiated an incentive program to get Detroit police and such to move back into the city. Of 1500 eligible police and firefighters, only 6 took advantage of the program. Preferring to live outside the city rather than get the tax and housing etc breaks that the City was offering.

But prior to that and obviously for a few years after the repeal, Detroit police, Detroit firefighters, Detroit city workers congregated on the far west to northwest side of the city---basically living along the edge but within the Detroit city limits along Telegraph, from 8 Mile on down to 96 and then continuing after the freeway/parks to Joy/Warren--where the city of Detroit ends and Dearborn/Dearborn Heights begin.

At the time of the repeal, Redford township--despite abutting Detroit directly--stood in direct demographic opposition to the city across the border.

As of the census of 2000, there were 51,622 people residing in Redford township. The racial makeup of Redford township was 87.98% White, 8.54% African American, 0.43% Native American, 0.76% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.57% from other races, and 1.70% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.02% of the population.

Detroit in 2000--again, right across the street from Redford:

81.6% African-American
12.3% White
5.0% Hispanic/Latino

10 years after the repeal of residency requirements and the exodus of Detroit PD/FD et al from the Copper Canyon area,

In 2010 Redford Township had a population of 48,362. The ethnic and racial makeup of the population was 64.7% white, 28.7% African-American and 2.9% Hispanic or Latino of any race. The African-American population increased by about 200% between 2000 and 2010, while the overall population of the township declined by 6%.

Based on Redford Union High now being 2/3rd African American, I'd guess the 2016 numbers for Redford's population at large are equally dramatically different from 2010 as the 2010 numbers were from 2000.

Previously the movement of inner city residents to the suburbs had been into Southfield, which is to the East and North of Redford. So it makes sense perhaps that Redford would be next to welcome city of Detroit residents moving out to inner-ring burbs.

Burner phones might be a good idea if you're selling stuff on craigslist or if you use those weirdo honey-pot online dating apps.

Don't think so. Google voice number or plenty of apps dedicated to being anonymous. Thinking she just had metro pcs. Super cheap. Many teens had these as their first phones a few year as ago if they had to pay their own bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redford, up until the early 2000's, benefited from being right next to the part of Detroit known as "Copper Canyon".

Prior to 2000, all city employees in Michigan and Detroit were required to reside within the city for which they worked. In 1999, the Governor of Michigan repealed that law--freeing up Detroit police and firefighters and other city workers to reside anywhere they liked. And most chose NOT to continue to live in the City.

Former Mayor Bing around 2011 initiated an incentive program to get Detroit police and such to move back into the city. Of 1500 eligible police and firefighters, only 6 took advantage of the program. Preferring to live outside the city rather than get the tax and housing etc breaks that the City was offering.

But prior to that and obviously for a few years after the repeal, Detroit police, Detroit firefighters, Detroit city workers congregated on the far west to northwest side of the city---basically living along the edge but within the Detroit city limits along Telegraph, from 8 Mile on down to 96 and then continuing after the freeway/parks to Joy/Warren--where the city of Detroit ends and Dearborn/Dearborn Heights begin.

At the time of the repeal, Redford township--despite abutting Detroit directly--stood in direct demographic opposition to the city across the border.

Detroit in 2000--again, right across the street from Redford:

81.6%African-American
12.3% White
5.0% Hispanic/Latino

10 years after the repeal of residency requirements and the exodus of Detroit PD/FD et al from the Copper Canyon area,

Based on Redford Union High now being 2/3rd African American, I'd guess the 2016 numbers for Redford's population at large are equally dramatically different from 2010 as the 2010 numbers were from 2000.

Previously the movement of inner city residents to the suburbs had been into Southfield, which is to the East and North of Redford. So it makes sense perhaps that Redford would be next to welcome city of Detroit residents moving out to inner-ring burbs.

Cracks me up when people from far away try to give a sense of the area. Metro Detroit isn't cookie cutter. One block mansions and the next not so nice. The area is irrelevant imo. Statistically speaking the county is one of the safest and more affluent in the us. It doesn't have the play as if she went missing and her place was in Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie here. I am originally from MI but now live out of state and have been seeing this pop up on my FB feed through relatives that still live in MI. I always find it interesting to read web sleuths over the past few years when cases get my attention. I think I started when Jennifer Hutson went missing in Oregon (where I currently live).

I had a thought about her leaving her purse in her car. I do it occasionally, even though I live in a neighborhood with a bit of petty crime. I know some people were searching for answers of why she would do that. One thing I thought of was because it sounds like she was going to carry stuff out to the car from her apartment. Maybe food for the dinner she was making or her packed bag. If I know I have to carry things extra things with me and don't need my wallet, I leave my purse in the car most of the time because I'm just sort of lazy that way. So I'm just throwing that out there. I hope Danielle is found soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck