Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To our fabulous WS team of moderators:
Are we at the point that a second thread should be started?

Usually, as a general rule, a new thread will be started when a thread reaches around 1,000 posts :)

Thank you for posting the picture of the evidence (luggage cart) being taken out again. When the news first broke - I somehow thought that piece of evidence was the safe and even questioned why such a large safe? ....and now I feel really silly for wondering how those two LE moved it so easily ? A few of us commented on the size of the safe so either there was another picture of it or we were seeing the luggage cart.

Thank you for posting the picture of the evidence (luggage cart) being taken out again. When the news first broke - I somehow thought that piece of evidence was the safe and even questioned why such a large safe? ....and now I feel really silly for wondering how those two LE moved it so easily ? A few of us commented on the size of the safe so either there was another picture of it or we were seeing the luggage cart.
Both the luggage cart and the safe are evidence and it's doubtful that they would out use one to remove the other as that would allow for potential cross contamination.

Where are you all hearing about a safe? I haven't seen anything written about a safe.

Where are you all hearing about a safe? I haven't seen anything written about a safe.

Mention of the safe being talen out as evidence was in earlier MSM. I'll try to find a link. As you know, articles get updated and information gets removed, quite often.

As far as safe is concerned, I am not surprised there was one. Jeff is a famous jeweler and probably had some expensive pieces at times. He would not want to keep more than necessary in one place (his apartment). I, also, don't doubt that James kept "things" other than jewelry in the safe. JMO

Wonder what if anything pertaining to the murder discovered in safe.

Guessing may be supply of steroids, cocaine.

How much longer can they legally keep questioning him without charging him? Don't they have to release him at some point if they don't charge him?

<snip> On Wednesday evening, detectives continued to search the apartment and were seen rolling a metal safe from the building.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-nyc-party-found-new-jersey-article-1.2875953

Quoting this post where safe mention originated.

Lawyer demands more answers from DA in slay of Conn. man
BY SHAYNA JACOBS
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Friday, December 9, 2016, 6:17 PM

Attorney Mark Bederow has asked the Manhattan DA&#8217;s office for details that were not disclosed in the indictment against 29-year-old Max Gemma, who is named alongside murder suspects James Rackover, 25, and Lawrence Dilione, 28.

The three are charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence. Rackover and Dilione were also indicted for concealment of a human corpse.

<modsnip>

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ds-answers-da-slay-conn-man-article-1.2905303

Both the luggage cart and the safe are evidence and it's doubtful that they would out use one to remove the other as that would allow for potential cross contamination.

I didn't think they moved one with the other but feel as though I may have mistaken the luggage cart for the safe early on. I cannot find the photo of the safe now - but originally thought it was very large so now I am wondering if it was the cart from another angle.

Do you recall a large safe?

Quoting this post where safe mention originated.

<snip> On Wednesday evening, detectives continued to search the apartment and were seen rolling a metal safe from the building.

Yes that is the quote and I thought possibly the media saw the luggage cart and not the safe because I believe the same photo was posted as the one on the previous page (luggage cart). I don't doubt JR could have had a safe but I couldn't find that original picture of the safe so I questioned that maybe the media captioned the picture incorrectly.

I really thought someone would have talked by now. I can't see JR taking the fall for anyone if someone else killed JC especially since no one is bailing him out. I cannot figure out the strong loyalty on the part of LD/MG to JR.

I didn't think they moved one with the other but feel as though I may have mistaken the luggage cart for the safe early on. I cannot find the photo of the safe now - but originally thought it was very large so now I am wondering if it was the cart from another angle.

Do you recall a large safe?
Yup. It was too large to be carried and had to be wheeled out using a dolly. And remember, the info about the safe wasn't from unnamed "sources" rather the something that the reporter observed NYPD removing.

I really thought someone would have talked by now. I can't see JR taking the fall for anyone if someone else killed JC especially since no one is bailing him out. I cannot figure out the strong loyalty on the part of LD/MG to JR.

Let's hope the NOONE is bailing him out. We don't need him out on the streets.

Son of Former New Jersey Mayor Charged in Hofstra Grad Slay Case
The 26-year-old Comunale was found stabbed more than a dozen times in a shallow grave in New Jersey last month
By Wale Aliyu, NBC News CT

6:55 AM EST on Dec 7, 2016

A report from earlier, where his defense naturally distances him.

"Gemma is due back in court on Jan. 17. He works in software sales, according to his attorney in court, and is free to return to work until the next court date." BBM

There seems to be covering up on so many levels and so very deliberately layered. Essentially, it seems to me, whatever is being covered for is far worse than the defense's best case scenario of trying to pass this off as an argument over cigarettes. Software sales would include *advertiser censored*, is it possible? I wonder if LE has tracked what kind of "software" Gemma sells. I would say the three of them found in Joey, more than they could handle, as they seem to have been well cultivated and familiar with the shame game, and had the confidence of being defended once they tried and as they tried to cover up. In other words, I think the cover up, was done as a cover up, for something else, it seems to me.

James Rackover's apartment
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...bers-son-fears-bail-killers-article-1.2879187

attachment.php

It says there that according to sources, he was killed when he rejected sexual advances, which makes more sense than fighting over leaving for a pack of smokes. Maybe sooner or later we'll learn the facts. I do wonder why LD is the one who decided to lead them to his body.

It says there that according to sources, he was killed when he rejected sexual advances, which makes more sense than fighting over leaving for a pack of smokes. Maybe sooner or later we'll learn the facts. I do wonder why LD is the one who decided to lead them to his body.

It could be both. Maybe the scene in the apartment wasn't what Joey wanted to be involved with (whatever that happened to be), and he made the excuse he wanted to leave to get cigarettes...and then the fight started.

I have a feeling it whatever prompted the violence, it was because of a convoluted (and stupid) reason.

And, I have a feeling getting to the truth will be a convoluted path as well.

Son of Former New Jersey Mayor Charged in Hofstra Grad Slay Case
The 26-year-old Comunale was found stabbed more than a dozen times in a shallow grave in New Jersey last month
By Wale Aliyu, NBC News CT

6:55 AM EST on Dec 7, 2016

A report from earlier, where his defense naturally distances him.

"Gemma is due back in court on Jan. 17. He works in software sales, according to his attorney in court, and is free to return to work until the next court date." BBM

There seems to be covering up on so many levels and so very deliberately layered. Essentially, it seems to me, whatever is being covered for is far worse than the defense's best case scenario of trying to pass this off as an argument over cigarettes. Software sales would include *advertiser censored*, is it possible? I wonder if LE has tracked what kind of "software" Gemma sells. I would say the three of them found in Joey, more than they could handle, as they seem to have been well cultivated and familiar with the shame game, and had the confidence of being defended once they tried and as they tried to cover up. In other words, I think the cover up, was done as a cover up, for something else, it seems to me.
Max Gemma works for a digital polling company and started with that company in November.

Two things:
1. The sexual motive was mentioned once and a few other motives have been reported since then.

2. If it was sexual, it would be the first time in known history that a heterosexual man was murdered by a gay man because the heterosexual man rejected his advances. (You can find lot's of "gay panic" cases but this would be the first "reverse gay panic" or "straight panic" case).

I really don't believe it was a sexual advance gone bad. LE had mentioned that drugs (cocaine/steroids) were used and probably a lot of alcohol prior to that.

Do we know if Joey even smoked? The cigarette thing doesn't ring true....but did he smoke?

jmo

I really don't believe it was a sexual advance gone bad. LE had mentioned that drugs (cocaine/steroids) were used and probably a lot of alcohol prior to that.

Steroids aren't a party drug, not sure why that was mentioned. All those guys look like serious weightlifters so they may well use them, but not relevant unless someone's claiming steroid use has changed their personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆