SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens next if Dylann Roof is sentenced to death

"...Authorities say Roof confessed to the killings of nine black parishioners at the Mother Emanuel church. His guilt in the trial is effectively unchallenged. An attorney for Roof did not argue with the facts detailed by the federal government Wednesday, and they have offered to plead guilty in exchange for a sentence of life in prison.

Prosecutors have not accepted that offer. Instead, they are still seeking a rare federal death sentence in the case, a decision that has caused unease among some families of the victims. And if Roof is convicted and sentenced to die, it is not clear whether the government would be able to carry out the punishment.

Federal death sentences are extremely rare, and executions are even less common. There are 62 inmates on federal death row, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a Washington-based nonprofit, compared to nearly 3,000 condemned inmates in states nationwide.

Since the federal death penalty statute was reinstated in 1988 and expanded in 1994, the government has put three inmates to death, all by lethal injection...

Most recently, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was sentenced to death on federal charges last year for his role in the Boston Marathon bombing. Tsarnaev, the newest addition to the federal death row, is being held at the federal penitentiary in Florence, Colo., according to the Bureau of Prisons. If he is put to death, he will be brought to the U.S. penitentiary in Terre Haute, Ind., where federal death sentences are carried out.,,

...if Roof is condemned to die, it remains unclear when such a penalty could be carried out. The appeals process could stretch on for years, and whether he is actually executed could depend on the status of the death penalty nationwide at that time..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...is-sentenced-to-death/?utm_term=.47d3bf7aa63c
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of death penalty or not, he is going to be calling the ADX Florence home for the rest of his pathetic life. Perhaps he will be Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's neighbor. :crazy:

Tsarnaev moved to supermax prison. Here’s how he’ll live
https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...-moved-to-supermax-prison-heres-how-hell-live

Oh yeah, and one other thing...
the prosecutor did, in fact, ask Felicia Sanders to describe the man who joined their bible study that night, and she pointed directly at Roof and said "he looked exactly like the defendant sitting right over there".

I don't mean to quibble, but why didn't the prosecutor asked her if the shooter she saw in the church was in the courtroom, and ask her to point him out to the jury? Something don't smell right....

Sorry, but I don't see any motive in this case. When they start throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks, you know the fix is in:

Abigail Darlington ‏@A_Big_Gail 3m3 minutes ago
"I am not doing this for what white people are but what I know we can be" #DylannRoof diary ...

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 58s58 seconds ago
"I was never able to fall in love," she reads from the journal. He says it's a big regret. #sctweets @wis10 #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Because she did it before he could ask. He asked what the stranger looked like, and she said, "he looked like that defendant over there."

He told you his motive: to start a race war and punish black people. Pretty open and shut.

The plates were stolen and apparently put on Roof's car. The point is, this curious little factoid will probably not come up in court, and thus we won't know the relevance of this evidence.

What do you think the relevance is and why do you think that this bears some relevance to this trial?

No where in the evidence is there any explanation for this. Did the cops even ask him about this? Did they interview the guy whose plates were stolen? I don't like loose ends.

(And don't forget the two black acquantances that came forth in interviews to say Roof wasn't particularly racist)

Some people do not tell their friends everything, IMO.

Any racist extreme enough to kill innocent people is certainly NOT going to have any black friends!

Do you think he is making his confession up- maybe mentally ill in some capacity? Coerced in some way, as Spellbound has brought up

Or maybe Roof never made any confession. They can do anything with today's video and audio technical wizardry. Fake news, anybody?

... Roof's defense won't be "real". ... What makes you think it won't be "real" ?... From my research and from another trial that I have followed with Mr. Bruck, Roof has a very good defense lawyer, IMO.

Mr Bruck and his colleagues have an uneviable record of getting each and everyone of their clients into a concrete box at supermax for life. That's what you call a 'good' lawyer? Any overworked public defender could do as well.

I don't mean to quibble, but why didn't the prosecutor asked her if the shooter she saw in the church was in the courtroom, and ask her to point him out to the jury? Something don't smell right....

Ummm, yeah ya do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He told you his motive: to start a race war...

This quote from the journal is hardly a ringing endorsement of that theory:

Chad K. Mills ‏@ChadKMills 1m1 minute ago
"I would love for there to be a race war," she reads from the journal. "But I'm not sure we even need to have one." #DylannRoof #RoofTrial

Good, helpful post, Y/N. do ya think ...... maybe he was coerced to confess? And the manifesto was just the ranting of a juvenile seeking attention? :pullhair: :gaah:

I personally do not see how anyone can doubt his guilt.... and the trial isn't to determine guilt. Or am I totally mistaken?

Of course he's guilty, & i hope he's executed as soon as possible. Waiting for the day when there is video of this that tax payers money is stopped being wasted, let grand juries decide & stop the dog & pony shows. Jmo

Computer experts would be able to prove when it (the manifesto) was entered into text on a computer, Roof already confirmed he wrote it ......

Roof admitted he wrote the manifesto? Source?

:Sounds like your mind is made up --- but it is unclear what your point of view is. Do you believe DR is guilty? Do you believe he is innocent? Do you not believe this was a racially motivated crime? Do you feel: he was not even at the church.... did not have guns .... this is a setup to convict him .....

<mod snip>

...ballistics linked the Glock to the scene:

A source would be cool.

ps
What does 'BBM' stand for?

In his confession video, Roof seems totally 'out of it.' Like he's under the influence of something.

[video=youtube;cJKMeazKkU4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJKMeazKkU4[/video]
"Well I did ... I kill .. I guess. I mean, I don't really know. ..."

http://abcnews4.com/news/crime-news...-emanuel-from-dylann-roof-in-friday-testimony
When Stansbury told him nine were dead, Roof was in disbelief.
"There wasn't even nine people there," Roof said. "Are you messing with me?"

Not being able to remember the crime is a classic feature of mind control.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by YESorNO

The Post and Courier Retweeted
Abigail Darlington &#8207;@A_Big_Gail 1h1 hour ago
If defense rests case @ end of next week, Judge Gergel said his inclination is to break for holidays week of 19, return Jan. 3. #RoofTrial

That, IMO, is an extremely long pause for this case.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I think it is a long time, too. It will be especially tuff for the jurors, IMO, since they have to be very careful about the publicity on TV and other media, as well as even going shopping or going out to eat, etc. Certainly, it would prolly die down a bit since the court would not be in session, but this is a hot case. It will be difficult for the victims' families and the church members, too.

Everyone connected with this case -- those in the courtroom, that is -- probably wants a decent holiday break, but it seems like a long time. It's just unfortunate for all them, except the defendant, IMO.

Roof admitted he wrote the manifesto? Source?

DR might have been in that church and was shooting, but I don't know if he is guilty. If he was under the influence of MK-Ultra style mind control, then his culpability would be less. I have been studying these Columbine-style shooters for a long time, and that is what is probably behind this whole mass-shooting phenomenon. I set out my suspicions about this case in this post here:

http://signofthetimes.yuku.com/topic/1574/61715-Charleston-Church-False-Flag#.WEw11X0YGv6

A source would be cool.

ps
What does 'BBM' stand for?

BBM= bolder by me

Sorry, but I may be mistaken on the first--- not feeling well today and cannot find confirmation DR actually said he wrote it. However, expert testimonies will be able to link all three manifestos (2 while in jail) are written by same individual.

mind control? Uhhh ... any proof that even indicates it as a possibility here?

Your thinking is somewhat interesting, but seems to be more of an effort to make the people fit your profile. JMO, of course (Just My Opinion). Since I do not believe there was mind manipulation with any of the crimes you cited, it just does not interest me enough to pursue further. Perhaps you could add a post regarding Roof and your reasons for how he fits your profile. I did not feel he fit well into a specific point you cited, or when he he did it may have only occasionally been something' it seemed too often to be stretching. A lot of us sometimes wear all black, occasionally take mental health medications, have had training with weapons. Etc ...... but would not fit the profile in totality. But you could make us fit with your criteria.

I think this this discussion is not a good fit for this particular thread, but perhaps mods would let you make a separate thread for this discussion if you are truly wanting to pursue it. Just a suggestion. [perhaps others can follow your thoughts clearer than I ]

AGAIN, ALL IS JMO

'I had to do it,' accused gunman Dylann Roof says of South Carolina church attack
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-trial-latest-dylann-roof-court-a7466921.html

Jurors in the federal hate crimes trial of Dylann Roof have been shown a video of the avowed white supremacist confessing to killing nine parishioners at a historic black church in South Carolina and saying he felt he &#8220;had to do it.&#8221;

Dylann Roof reminds me of Seung-Hui Cho. Both wanted to start a war.

In quotes: Virginia gunman's message
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6570369.stm

I didn't have to do this. I could have left. I could have fled. But no, I will no longer run. It's not for me. For my children, for my brothers and sisters that you (expletive). I did it for them.

When the time came I did it. I had to.

Seung Hui Cho&#8217;s &#8220;Manifesto&#8221;
https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/cho_manifesto_1.1.pdf

The blood of the Innocents should never be shed, but the wicked we shall spread our wings and strike. We do not want the Weak, the Defenseless, or the Innocent, but the sadistic, the corrupt, and the wicked who prey and rape from the Weak, the Defenseless, and the Innocent. We will seek and demolish them until our last breath. You Lifetakers may have succeeded in raping our souls and shattering our dreams &#8212; but mark our words &#8212; the vendetta you have witnessed today will reverberate throughout every home and every soul in America and will inspire the Innocent kids that you have ****ed to start a war of vendetta. We will raise hell on earth that the world has never witnessed. Millions of deaths and millions of gallons of blood on the streets

Dylann Roof and Seung-Hui Cho are injustice collectors. They are vicarious injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Omar Mateen, Osama bin Laden, and Adolf Hitler.

I just have to say that i see absolutely nothing in common with roof/hitler/mateen/ hui cho. Totally disagree with this injustice collector label for all. Jmo

I have to ask, if you believe that Roof was being mind controlled or was brain washed in some way, (I figured you were going there), then why are you intent on arguing his complicity in this, whether he was there that day, whether he was confessed, whether it even happened, etc. if you believe he committed the murder under the influence of "mind control"? Even if that's the case, he would still physically need to be there, right? Or perhaps you could help us pin down what it is you do believe because you're a little all over the place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy