Questions Welcome Here!

I know this is a really old thread, but I cannot figure out how to start a new thread or make a new post.
On May 19, 1983, the lifeless and battered body of 17 year old Jenelle Marie "Pookie" Gridley was found on the side of the road in Ada, Louisiana. Jenelle had been raped, beaten and strangled before being discarded like trash along the roadway. For the last 33 years, we have searched for answers as to who committed this brutal murder. I am looking for information, a timeline and any reports that may be available, but am unable to find ANY information at all. It is almost as if Jenelle never existed. Our family desperately wishes to find her killer and give her justice after all these years.
I came to this thread to ask a question, and I saw that your post never received a response. Did someone reply to you by private message? or were you somehow otherwise able to eventually figure out how to post about this? Surely I can at least point you in the right direct for an admin or a mod who can help you if you still need it.

I know this is a really old thread, but I cannot figure out how to start a new thread or make a new post.
On May 19, 1983, the lifeless and battered body of 17 year old Jenelle Marie "Pookie" Gridley was found on the side of the road in Ada, Louisiana. Jenelle had been raped, beaten and strangled before being discarded like trash along the roadway. For the last 33 years, we have searched for answers as to who committed this brutal murder. I am looking for information, a timeline and any reports that may be available, but am unable to find ANY information at all. It is almost as if Jenelle never existed. Our family desperately wishes to find her killer and give her justice after all these years.
Hi, Aimster.

Please send a private message to me including all of the info you have, and any media links. Once I receive your pm I'll be more than happy to open a thread in Cold Cases.

Regards,

Bessie
WS Administrator

Hi my name is Shelli and I don't quite know where to ask this question and I am new to the Websleuths community... I am really interested in helping to match some missing persons to uid people and I am not sure where I should go about starting... Is there a website or a link on this site to help me to get hooked up with the right people??? I was sexually assaulted and kidnapped many years ago and could have ended up like so many people... If I could match one person to their remains and bring one family peace all the things I have been through in my life will not have been in vain. Could someone please help me get to the right place allI want to do is help!!!! Thanks so much for letting me join this group and I look forward to figuring out what I can do to help anyone anytime who is reading this just let me know what to do...

I have a very basic posting question.

Any time I try to insert a link to a youtube video, my post only shows the link (and not the video) even though I use Advanced posting and the "Insert video" feature.
Here is a link to an example of one of my posts:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...oved-and-Lost-in-2016&p=12992540#post12992540

If this helps: My laptop is old and has Win XP. I'm using Chrome, which is an older version as it will not update for XP. My Chrome is Version 49.0.2623.112.

TIA for any assistance.

Hi my name is Shelli and I don't quite know where to ask this question and I am new to the Websleuths community... I am really interested in helping to match some missing persons to uid people and I am not sure where I should go about starting... Is there a website or a link on this site to help me to get hooked up with the right people??? I was sexually assaulted and kidnapped many years ago and could have ended up like so many people... If I could match one person to their remains and bring one family peace all the things I have been through in my life will not have been in vain. Could someone please help me get to the right place allI want to do is help!!!! Thanks so much for letting me join this group and I look forward to figuring out what I can do to help anyone anytime who is reading this just let me know what to do...

Welcome to WS. The forums have unidentified and missing. You can also search in the top left corner.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?18-Missing-but-not-forgotten-Discussion

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-The-Unidentified

Welcome ShelliMack82

In addition to the links pineappleexpress has provided, you can also check out the main Missing forum link below. If you scroll down, you will find some sub-forums related to UIDs that may be of interest:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-MISSING

I am so sorry to hear of your past experiences, but so glad you have joined Websleuths with a view to helping others.

:welcome:

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

I have a question, and I hope I am in the right spot. Is there a thread already established where we can post local media of attempted kidnappings/peeping John type alerts? For example, just this past Friday there was an attempted kidnapping of a middle schooler who was walking to school. The child was able to get away however the local news sent out an alert and will be following up with a sketch. Just wondering if there was a place/forum/thread that these types of incidences could be captured? Sorry if this is not the correct place for this question. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question, and I hope I am in the right spot. Is there a thread already established where we can post local media of attempted kidnappings/peeping John type alerts? For example, just this past Friday there was an attempted kidnapping of a middle schooler who was walking to school. The child was able to get away however the local news sent out an alert and will be following up with a sketch. Just wondering if there was a place/forum/thread that these types of incidences could be captured? Sorry if this is not the correct place for this question. TIA

This would be the thread: Forum: Crimes-Spotlight on Children

hth

Alright so, say you're from a different country, and find out a man from the USA... that dated you before the age of 16, is likely listed as a registered sex offender (who was caught in possession of a LOT of bad images and videos)... and you're 80% sure it's the same guy but his mug shot throws you off slightly... How does one approach this? Can I contact the police department in his county if it was more than 10 years ago, in another country? Should I bother?
I desperately want to share more information but he's extremely computer savvy and will find this.
I know he was older than 19 and I was 14 when we began speaking. I was 15 when we began messing around...but did not have intercourse.
Just... Being from a different country, what can I do?

Anyone know any info on Mark Anderson
other than "Missing Since Apr 7, 2016Missing From Spartanburg, SC DOB May 25, 1999 Age Now 17 Sex Male
Race White Hair Color Lt. Brown Eye Color Hazel Height 5'8" Weight 130"

I haven't see any things about him other than missing person posters. No family post or anything like that.

Have a question about a case or loved one you have missing? Leave your questions here!

About 5 years ago we watched a tv special regarding a female who went missing then was found dead.

Her co classmate who worked in a hairsalon was tried as they had evidence of blood drops in his unit. I recall him being let go though at trial as defense argued police corruption etc mainly

I cant find the case now and dont recall the name.

About 5 years ago we watched a tv special regarding a female who went missing then was found dead.

Her co classmate who worked in a hairsalon was tried as they had evidence of blood drops in his unit. I recall him being let go though at trial as defense argued police corruption etc mainly

I cant find the case now and dont recall the name.
I remember that one! They were students at a cosmetology school. It was a Dateline or something. I wish I could remember the name.

Last night I was watching a true crime documentary and I went to sleep during it. I dont' know what channel it was on, but it was after midnight. i'm hoping someone will recognize the scant details I remember and can tell me what the case was.

Here's what I remember...

1. There were three women sharing an apartment or house. Two of the roommates had bedrooms upstairs, one downstairs. The downstairs roommate was the only one to survive.
2. She heard someone come in at night. She assumed it was the boyfriend of one of the other roommates. He was over the night before and had loud sex.
3. Something caused the survivor to go upstairs and when she did she found her roommates severely stabbed. One of them was still alive at that point.
4. She called 911. She went back downstairs and was headed back up when the killer bolted down the stairs.
5. She went outside and called 911 from her car.

I think it took place in Michigan and I think it was the Deadly Women episode, but I was really tired and I could be remembering things from other shows that were on later.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys

Greetings from South Africa.

I would like to know if anyone has used Geographic Information Systems (ie ArcGIS) as an aid in sleuthing?

I don't know if this the right place so sorry mods. I just posted my first post here. I've been lurking for a while. This forum is a beautiful thing, and I'm hoping to learn a lot and maybe add some too. This place is great. Glad to be here.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Hello joined this site it looks to be fantastic! I am very new to this and yet have a very important task to do - my future depends on this! If I find some information I will hopefully be offered a full time job researching for a book! anyway I am researching missing people that have gone missing suddenly with no clues. Possibly found with strange markings, or several miles from where they went missing. Maybe in a area with reported UFO sightings or Bigfoot or other worldly activity....that we can link paranormal theory to. But the locations are difficult. Norway. and The Solomon Islands. If anyone can help me do some super sleuthing I would be most grateful!! Thankyou.

Hi, I am new here, just joined today. However, I have been researching extensively since 1994, the death of Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana. He supposedly committed suicide but there is so much evidence ignored by the Seattle PD, to prove they never investigated it properly, which points to murder. (cobain case.com)
I tried a quick search, but found absolutely nothing on here about Kurt Cobain. Can anyone help me out here, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

hello !
I have an assumption on robberies. Criminals rob Jewelry shop and steal a lot of Jewelry which is made of metal stuff.
Under different circumstances, police can use super scanner metal detector to find where criminals are.
maybe my thought is too unreasonable.
Thanks.
md5008-professional-metal-detctors-95100022-100x100-1.JPG

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members