Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I've got a human being held hostage in the back of my vehicle, I'm going to have my cruise control set a couple miles above the speed limit and I'm going to be driving on point, on the loneliest highway route that I've pre-mapped out, straight to my destination. The destination will be close to the location, where I plan on either releasing the hostage, (less driving), or, hiding the body. Not that I would ever kidnap someone to do any of those things... j.s.

Of course not! But we start thinking weird stuff when sleuthing don't we? "Well if I had an abducted person in my car, here's how I would do it..."

I completely agree with you on going where the eventual location was to be, if for no other reason than to get her there while she's still pretty disoriented and shocked. Also before word got out too much. If they went straight there from the abduction site, they probably had her inside and hair cut before anyone even knew she was missing.

For some reason I can't shake the feeling they were probably mostly on I5 as opposed to lonely backroads for the long part of that trip though. I5 has all manner of travelers on it, many of whom are driving long distance and likely to be a little zoned out, thinking about other things, hungry and looking for the next rest stop, passengers snoozing in the back, or whatever. Depending on her position in the vehicle and the window tinting I don't find it hard to believe she'd go unnoticed by passersby, so they'd be kind of safe in the crowd as long as they didn't get pulled over. Just another car in a sea of traffic (heartbreaking to think/type). Depending how visible she was and how she was acting even truckers who could see right in probably wouldn't notice much, given all the weird stuff they likely see regularly. No one knew to look for her yet.

All IMO and of course subject to change.

BBM
If she had ever had anything to do w/a child being removed, from a family, (or a family perceived that she did), then I could see this as a viable theory.

No doubt. The most realistic revenge type theory for sure. IMO

Exactly, and thank you!

I shared the whole quote because some have used the first sentence--out of context--to wrongly point suspicion at KP.

Lake addressed the DM article in post 236 earlier today:

I have to head out, but one last thing, and I'm sorry I don't have an exact quote. Someone mentioned the People magazine "Interview" that KP did. To my knowledge KP has only spoken to ABC post SP release and the People magazine story is just a rehash of the ABC interview.

The post release DM interview of KP's father was not "authorized" by KP, and contains numerous factual inaccuracies. I've met KP's father a couple times and while a very nice and decent man he is somewhat of an "entertainer" in social situations who should not always be taken literally and his stories are often best served with a grain of salt. For instance, the supposed Thanksgiving day picture of the kids in the article was actually from several weeks earlier. I hope saying that isn't a violation of the TOS, if so mods please delete it.

Lake16, does KP take after his father in being a natural entertainer/ storyteller?

Of course not! But we start thinking weird stuff when sleuthing don't we? "Well if I had an abducted person in my car, here's how I would do it..."

I completely agree with you on going where the eventual location was to be, if for no other reason than to get her there while she's still pretty disoriented and shocked. Also before word got out too much. If they went straight there from the abduction site, they probably had her inside and hair cut before anyone even knew she was missing.

For some reason I can't shake the feeling they were probably mostly on I5 as opposed to lonely backroads for the long part of that trip though. I5 has all manner of travelers on it, many of whom are driving long distance and likely to be a little zoned out, thinking about other things, hungry and looking for the next rest stop, passengers snoozing in the back, or whatever. Depending on her position in the vehicle and the window tinting I don't find it hard to believe she'd go unnoticed by passersby, so they'd be kind of safe in the crowd as long as they didn't get pulled over. Just another car in a sea of traffic (heartbreaking to think/type). Depending how visible she was and how she was acting even truckers who could see right in probably wouldn't notice much, given all the weird stuff they likely see regularly. No one knew to look for her yet.

All IMO and of course subject to change.

I've traveled like that for something as menial as having adult beverages in my vehicle, b/c getting caught meant no more driving for me, b/c I was not yet an adult (albeit that's been a very long time ago). I just figured if I'm traveling w/a kidnapped human in my car, I'd be 100x more cautious.

I don't think she was working for CASA as a child advocate. I have 2 friends who have done that work. Very time consuming and very important work. But it involves going to court for hearings and going to visit the child in Foster care or in their group home, and one has to drop what ones doing and go when needed. I don't think SP had that kind of flexibility with 2 very young children at home. Both of my friends had children in high school or college when they worked as advocates. JMO

If you don't speak Spanish, and you're in the back floorboard with a bag over your head, and you are crying uncontrollably, and the DJ on the radio is speaking rapid-fire Spanish, and only says the time once... come on, be realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might have not stayed on one Spanish radio station the whole car ride. They could've easily been flipping through the channels when she heard the time. And if they speak mostly Spanish, it doesn't mean they don't like listening to American music, especially if they understand it. They may have listened to both. They also might be perfectly fluent in English but switched to speaking Spanish when around Sherri.

I hope this hasn't been posted previously by another Aussie (I haven't been reading Sherri's thread so far) but news about her kidnapping has reached Australia:

Serial killer profiler says Sherri Papini abduction has ‘serial rapist, serial killer’ written all over it
December 12, 2016 10:17am AEST

'AN AMERICAN serial killer profiler believes kidnapped Californian mother Sherri Papini is lying about her abductors, and that her ordeal “has serial rapist, serial killer” written all over it.

John Kelly said Mrs Papini’s story of being abducted by two Hispanic women didn’t sound likely, and that she is probably lying about the situation because she is “scared to death” of her actual captors.

“This is a sadistic situation, and she somehow was able to convince them to let her go,” Mr Kelly told People magazine.​

I don't think she was working for CASA as a child advocate. I have 2 friends who have done that work. Very time consuming and very important work. But it involves going to court for hearings and going to visit the child in Foster care or in their group home, and one has to drop what ones doing and go when needed. I don't think SP had that kind of flexibility with 2 very young children at home. Both of my friends had children in high school or college when they worked as advocates. JMO

You're probably right, but worth looking into. Is it possible she was a child advocate before the kids were born? I also have a friend who volunteers as a child advocate. She helps place kids in foster homes and chooses when and if the biological parents are fit to get their children back. She has two kids, a full time job and is a total type A personality. I don't know how she does it, but her kids are in elementary school. A little older than Sherri's.

SP is 34 though. Her oldest child is 4. She could have volunteered as an advocate for some period over the course of a decade before having her own children. Or not. It's just an interesting possibility that makes the older and younger female perps + revenge punishment instead of death scenarios more plausible than some other theories. In my opinion.

They might have not stayed on one Spanish radio station the whole car ride. They could've easily been flipping through the channels when she heard the time. And if they speak mostly Spanish, it doesn't mean they don't like listening to American music, especially if they understand it. They may have listened to both. They also might be perfectly fluent in English but switched to speaking Spanish when around Sherri.

They could have been flipping stations to hear if there was any news about the abduction.

They could have been flipping stations to hear if there was any news about the abduction.

That make's sense. In fact it makes more sense than the proposition I had that said they may have liked the music on the English language stations.

I hope this hasn't been posted previously by another Aussie (I haven't been reading Sherri's thread so far) but news about her kidnapping has reached Australia:

Serial killer profiler says Sherri Papini abduction has ‘serial rapist, serial killer’ written all over it
December 12, 2016 10:17am AEST

'AN AMERICAN serial killer profiler believes kidnapped Californian mother Sherri Papini is lying about her abductors, and that her ordeal “has serial rapist, serial killer” written all over it.

John Kelly said Mrs Papini’s story of being abducted by two Hispanic women didn’t sound likely, and that she is probably lying about the situation because she is “scared to death” of her actual captors.

“This is a sadistic situation, and she somehow was able to convince them to let her go,” Mr Kelly told People magazine.​

This is very interesting. I followed the link and he sounds very confident about the profile.
It would explain why SP cannot remember much about her captors. I can hardly imagine the trauma of living for 22 days thinking you might be killed.

Did anything ever come of the woman at a gas station that thought she saw SP in a truck with 2 men?
I wonder why she did not get the the license plate number? That makes me question if it even happened.

I believe the serial killer theory is possible.

Yesterday, I heard an interview with a woman named Jeremy Brown, who was a victim of serial killer Reginald McFadden. At the last minute, he decided let her go. He ambushed her, bound her, beat her nearly unrecognizable, raped her repeatedly, and then took her to the spot where he killed others. When he started choking her to death, she managed to whisper, "Why are you doing this? You're hurting me." And just like that he stopped, put her in the car, and drove her home.

(you can listen to the interview here: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/604/20-years-later )

The perpetrator was a psychopath, so compassion was not a factor his decision to release her. He claimed that he meant to kill the girlfriend of a man he'd killed two weeks earlier, but went to the wrong house. In transcripts of an interview with him, he said:

"She had no connection to Robert. So, I decided to release her. I figured she didn't know who I was, she didn't see me, you know what I mean? And I released her... Yeah, I knew she was going to go to the police."

(His victim did not have a girlfriend.)

But he also said in the same interview, "She told me she was a counselor. That's what saved her life. She talked to me. I mean, she talked me down."

(http://mreplay.com/transcript/crimi...ller)/5304/MSNBC/Sunday_July_11_2010/366554/)

Whatever the reason he released her, it says that it is possible for a victim to be released. He had forbid her to look at him, and also put a towel over her head, but she had managed to take a peek at him without him being aware of it. If he thought she'd seen him, there's no doubt he would have murdered her.

As we know, serial killers do work in teams sometimes, and some SKs are women, and some release their victim, so it is possible SP was the victim of serial killers.

ETA: The only problem is the length of time SP was held. Do SKs ever keep a victim for 3 weeks?

I just answered my own question. As long as 6 weeks, according to the book, "Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters"

Bohemian posted a link about a serial killer profiler who thinks it was one or more serial killers.
It is on page 46 at the very bottom

Well, actually it is just above this post, since I quoted Bohemian's comment.

At the time of the abduction, Sherri would have seen the vehicle either entering Sunrise from OOT or coming upon her from Sunrise heading toward OOT. She would have seen the vehicle, and the abductors. IF the vehicle approached from Sunrise, that would be a good indication that she was being stalked....and that the car had been in her neighborhood or on her road, Sunburst. I see that homes are far apart, but I'd expect that a number of residences DO have surveillance cams, given the remoteness of the area.
Also, I think that it is possible that the estimation of 2.5 hours could have been made in retrospect.....after realizing upon release that she was 150 mi from home and deducing that the long first drive was how long it takes to drive from Redding to Yolo area.
I also wonder why, if this was an organized abduction crew, that they hadn't bothered to invest in handcuffs, instead of rigging up the ridiculous gizmos they had to hold her in captivity. (and leg restraints, too)....JMO

Soooooo since I just skimmed this thread, and didn't read every post, anything new going on? And the post after post about the hose clamp, was that ever solid fact? I thought it was stated many, many threads ago that someone thought they heard clasp, or clamp from a 911 call, or from some LE communication. Is there any MSM report of these clamps, clasps, or whatever?

If you have a spare moment, could you please offer up a prayer for Kim and her family and loved ones? She was missing in my area for almost a week, found yesterday, deceased in her wrecked vehicle within city limits! How she was there a week before anyone saw her, I don't know. But very sad for my rescue friends/family. Those that do rescue understand we become as family, and this hurts. Thanks in advance!

Concrete, metal, wood, rock? She would know what sort of containment structure. Sound? Smell? JMO

Which wouldn't
help if you had a bag over your head, unfortunately.

I'm not convinced she always had her head covered. Time will tell. JMO, she's either terrified, or stockholm syndrome, maybe a combination of both with some PTSD thrown in.... I believe there's more than the 2 women. They were just to pick her up, and bring to whoever wanted her. Still no convinced of the ST angle... I'm thinking it's possible she knew she traveled x amount of time, because she saw landmarks. Not convinced she was always in the same place for that many days. Not convinced she was kept in the area she was released either. Way too much we don't know, and probably won't know until an if someone is arrested, charged, and the trial. If the trial isn't televised, we might not get much more information or details. Which is frustrating in that it won't help in sleuthing other cases, but won't be the only case that had ended with the person back home, case closed to us either.

I'm anxious for an arrest as we all are. But I don't know of any other angle to sleuth without more facts. LE has those facts, and the case remains silent. Thus we wait. JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam