Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perps dropped her off then they are not coming back.

But I would still be scared of every passing car at that time of night, in a deserted type quiet area.

Jmo.

Not if it's closed up, and dark, and if you are worried that the kidnappers might come back

It looks like they have a well lit parking area, hard to tell about the front of the church

No, I mean if you see a church you might try to see if someone might possibly be there to help call police or use a phone to call your family. A long shot at 4am but still...

I suspect that she took a quick look around, and decided her chances of getting help on the interstate was better. I think for the most part, she had the right idea. But instead of trying to flag down motorists,, she should have just used one of the emergency call boxes on the freeway.

If the perps dropped her off then they are not coming back.

But I would still be scared of every passing car at that time of night, in a deserted type quiet area.

Jmo.
If you go to Google Earth and actually see the area (& you may have), it is horrifying to imagine, but I guess no more horrifying than what she'd been through.

I suspect that she took a quick look around, and decided her chances of getting help on the interstate was better. I think for the most part, she had the right idea. But instead of trying to flag down motorists,, she should have just used one of the emergency call boxes on the freeway.

I think you're right. I'd head for a church too but if no lights/cars...move on
That's good they have emergency call boxes

I rarely notice highway call boxes. And payphones are almost nil these days.

So I probably would go for the passing highway cars as well. Or do a church break-in to use the office phone. Lol

Bill me later for the broken window. Lol

Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.

SAN FRANCISCO -- Two women have been arrested on charges of holding four brothers captive at an illegal marijuana farm in Northern California and forcing them to work there for six months, police said Wednesday.
The arrested women, GSA, 43, and MU, 44, were charged with human trafficking, kidnapping, battery with serious bodily injury, terrorist threats, and drug charges. They were detained by federal immigration officials and their lawyers declined comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/pol...fornia-pot-farm-forced-to-work/?client=safari

Oddly, these ladies both match the description and the beatings sound similar. I would imagine they are locked up now though.

Note: I'm new here, sorry if I posted something I'm not allowed to or posted it wrong.

SAN FRANCISCO -- Two women have been arrested on charges of holding four brothers captive at an illegal marijuana farm in Northern California and forcing them to work there for six months, police said Wednesday.
The arrested women, GSA, 43, and MU, 44, were charged with human trafficking, kidnapping, battery with serious bodily injury, terrorist threats, and drug charges. They were detained by federal immigration officials and their lawyers declined comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/pol...fornia-pot-farm-forced-to-work/?client=safari

I hope Sherri gets the chance very soon to examine their mugshots!

Lake16, is there a reason(s) you noted these specific cities other than the fact they're surrounding of Redding? Bringing this question over from the last thread in case it was missed.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

Primarily for their location being within, for the most part, a 2.5 hour drive of Redding. Other's may have been mentioned in leads I'm aware of but can't discuss. I excluded the Bay Area, L.A. and cities like Fresno, Stockton, Bakersfield, Modesto, etc. only because I didn't want the scope of the task to be quite as overwhelming. Certainly other cities may have clues and of course people are free to assist or not, or look at other cities.

My understanding is that she was dropped off on 17 not far from some dark houses a bit west of the drilling company which I speculate is what she thought was a wrecking yard in the dark and in her disoriented state. When she was picked up she was North of the intersection on I-5, not South as your location 4 shows. She didn't know exactly where she was, but she somehow knew she was South of Redding. According to a family member she went North on the on ramp because she knew home was to the North and she ran, not just walked, to a streetlight on I-5 in an attempt to be more visible as she was trying to flag down vehicles.
I agree based I what I have seen, she was dropped off on the west side. But I disagree with the location. I believe she was dropped of on Southbound I-5 right at the exit. If you look at the videos of the crime scene, you can see LEOs gathered around the southbound exit sign. Exit 542 Yolo. The sign in the videos matches up perfectly to the southbound exit sign and you see the orchard trees on the west side of of I-5 in the background. That area seems to be the center of the investigation in the video.

So here is my map of the route I believe she walked. 1. SP was dropped off by the southbound exit sign on I-5. The location of the investigation in the news videos. 2. SP walked down the exit ramp, past the junk yard AKA the drilling company, and crossed over the Interstate on Road 17. 3. She went to the church, and after finding nothing there she walked back to the interstate, and preceded to walk up the northbound exit ramp and onto the freeway. 4. She stood on the gore point and started trying to flag down motorists. Per the witness who saw her and called 911. The location is backed up by the Sheriff's Department dispatch tapes which clearly stated that she was on Northbound I-5, south of Yolo.

If anybody has different information, please correct me.

1193pfn.jpg

I agree based I what I have seen, she was dropped off on the west side. But I disagree with the location. I believe she was dropped of on Southbound I-5 right at the exit. If you look at the videos of the crime scene, you can see LEOs gathered around the southbound exit sign. Exit 542 Yolo. The sign in the videos matches up perfectly to the southbound exit sign and you see the orchard trees on the west side of of I-5 in the background. That area seems to be the center of the investigation in the video.

So here is my map of the route I believe she walked. 1. SP was dropped off by the southbound exit sign on I-5. The location of the investigation in the news videos. 2. SP walked down the exit ramp, past the junk yard AKA the drilling company, and crossed over the Interstate on Road 17. 3. She went to the church, and after finding nothing there she walked back to the interstate, and preceded to walk up the northbound exit ramp and onto the freeway. 4. She stood on the gore point and started trying to flag down motorists. Per the witness who saw her and called 911. The location is backed up by the Sheriff's Department dispatch tapes which clearly stated that she was on Northbound I-5, south of Yolo.

If anybody has different information, please correct me.

1193pfn.jpg
If Sherri were dropped there, that close to I-5S it would be risky for the person releasing her at that location and it would beg the question of why Sherri didn't stay there and flag down southbound traffic. There was a decent amount of traffic coming through the area considering that dozens of callers reported someone on the side of the highway after seeing her on the northbound side.

LE was at location #1 for some reason. Everything flows as you depict on the map from what was described about the release. The exact location of her release seems to be one of those details being kept secret for no good reason.

So are we now thinking that SP was abducted at gunpoint and forced to work on a marijuana plantation for 3 weeks?
I'm not. That is rediculous.
Look at the 2 women. They match the description, but they are only a yr apart.
(One older one younger)

Not everyone knows there are call boxes on freeways. I once spent an entire night broken down on I-4 north of Orlando. Never once considered there might be call boxes. So I just stayed the night in the car. This was years ago and no cell phone. At first light I walked to the nearest exit.

BTW, the article linked below indicates that the number of call boxes has been reduced in some areas (Orange County in particular). They used to be 1/2 mile apart. Now in the age of cell phones they're a mile apart. So Sherri likely would have had to walk a ways on the side of the interstate. That was something I wasn't comfortable doing in the dark when it happened to me.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/call-664586-boxes-motorists.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member