VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

I don't think she left on her own. I don't think she would be gone this long without contact with her sister and her niece. She's missing holiday baby pictures. All of that stuff. I don't know her at all but she doesn't seem the type to just abandon family and friends for this amount of time. There's no tolls or anything to prove timelines. It wouldn't be too hard to put a phone in a car and drive it somewhere and toss it out the window near the mall to make it look like she was there. It's just unfortunate that there has been no word of cell phone activity. Where's the warrants? Are there any?

But don't virtually all families of people who voluntarily leave say that same type of things? They are always shocked and completely out of left field.

But don't virtually all families of people who voluntarily leave say that same type of things? They are always shocked and completely out of left field.

But LE saying they don't think she ever left Spotsylvania seems to not match SD's version of the story where he takes her to the mall and drops her off. No surveillance to confirm that story either.

True. And I could even buy into that she left for a while or was out of contact voluntarily. But I just don't feel it would be going on for this long. I know she was independent, but still very dependent on the people she was with.

I remember when they either accessed her phone info, or SM, is when AR was writing on her SM that she found out something the changed her thoughts on their relationship. This has all been so shadowy and vague.

I don't know how the witness protection plan works and probably a silly idea but could it be possible she is in the witness protection? Ok going back to my wine. Lol. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is how we know she didnt run off imo - the text to amber.

If her intent was to "disappear" willingly, why send that text? She wouldnt.

What that text did was immediately alarm amber and get her to start making phone calls, if she wanted to buy herself some time without anyone looking for her then the text she sends to amber is "im at the airport, phone is dying, see you in a few hours!" or "about to board, will be home soon! Wont be able to text until im there"

katelin would know what would happen if she sends the text "not coming back today, change of plans."... And then nothing. Amber is going to immediately start blowing up her phone and then she is going to call her mother and friends etc - and as soon as she calls katelin's mother and they tell each other what their texts said there is a problem

if you were intending to walk out of someones life without a confrontation you just wouldnt send any text, or you would send something like i mentioned above.

Katelin did not send that text, therefore she didnt send the other text that was sent at the same time.

A random person did not send those texts, those texts were sent by someone that *thought* those texts would buy them some time, someone who apparently thought amber would just read the text, then not be able to get katelin on the phone and just say "well i guess i will just wait til i hear from her someday"... Sounds like whoever sent those texts wasnt thinking clearly, maybe they were stressed out over something eh?

The police dont think she was ever at the mall, neither do i.

Someone that had access to katelin, and her phone, right before she went missing, sent those texts.

And unfortunately nothing else probably happens in this case unless katelin is found.

And i think you know what i think is the only way that happens. :(

this ^^^^

How did this person get into her phone? Do we know it was thumb print or was it password?

We don't even know if she had security set up on her phone. It may have been as simple as typing the messages.

I wish the family would make a plea to the media. So much silence in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC in the beginning, her mom (or was that Amber's mom?) did try very hard to keep this in the media. I think she even joined here as a VI. Am I remembering correctly?

IIRC in the beginning, her mom (or was that Amber's mom?) did try very hard to keep this in the media. I think she even joined here as a VI. Am I remembering correctly?

I remember that too, but I'm not sure she was ever totally verified.

I went on a spree of reading old cases yesterday, and I came across Amy Sue Pagnac. This has so many shades of that case IMO.

that was amber's mom, she was never verified.

i would love to hear from any lawyers or LEOs that are following this case.

particularly about the search warrant questions.

also wondering what would happen if a media source named the person she was last seen with, not naming them as a suspect, just using their name as a fact in an article. it boggles my mind that this has never happened, even the police have not used his name. like others have said - i cant recall this ever happening before and it is bizarre.

that was amber's mom, she was never verified.

True. They seemed to be the only ones trying to keep it public.

So does anyone remember if it was [AR]'s family or Katelin's family that reported her missing?

True. They seemed to be the only ones trying to keep it public.

So does anyone remember if it was [AR]'s family or Katelin's family that reported her missing?

i tried to figure this out recently, i dont think we know. i believe that after amber received the text she called katelin's mom and one of katelin's friends, at some point somebody said they had to wait 24 hours to file a missing person's report (would love to know the details here) and then at some time on sunday one of them did report her missing.

i would like to know if anyone contacted the police before sunday, and who told them they had to/should wait.

*this is all based on memory, could be wrong here.

they never actually said her stepfather's car was at the mall, i believe the wording was that there was evidence that his car was in the area of the mall.

without anything to clarify that statement, it is really hard to draw any conclusions...

here it is;

http://wric.com/2015/12/10/new-developments-in-case-of-19-year-old-missing-from-spotsylvania/

[FONT=&amp]"According to Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been able to corroborate that Akens’ stepfather’s car was in the area of the mall that day, though there is no surveillance video of Katelin or her stepdad at Springfield Town Center. Captain Pearce says cameras were not covering the area of the mall that the stepfather says he left Katelin. He would not elaborate on how investigators confirmed the car was there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Right now, police cannot confirm whether Katelin was at the mall or if she even left Spotsylvania. Authorities have also not yet said that the stepfather himself was at the mall, just that his car was in the area."[/FONT]
I think someone lucked out there were no cameras.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How did this person get into her phone? Do we know it was thumb print or was it password?
Maybe it was meant to be a warning or alert text and she really sent it to try to create evidence but not give herself away if the perpetrator saw it. Wasn't the text sent ahead of time? I can't remember. Maybe she was in the car with her SF and they had an argument on the way and then he refused to drop her off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Question- does anyone know if they've searched the river for her body? Where her luggage was found is near the Rappahannok River. That river claims lots of lives each year- very dangerous water and rapids. I never heard of a water search, but there are lots of secluded places along the river where it wouldn't be too hard to dump a body unnoticed.

Question- does anyone know if they've searched the river for her body? Where her luggage was found is near the Rappahannok River. That river claims lots of lives each year- very dangerous water and rapids. I never heard of a water search, but there are lots of secluded places along the river where it wouldn't be too hard to dump a body unnoticed.

im not sure if they have searched anywhere other than the immediate area around where the luggage was found, i definitely havent heard of any water searches, there was discussion of land searching but i dont think it ever happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back