Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I was misunderstood. I can understand leaving to get away from things a few days or weeks. I wanted to know if there was a statement from them about it.

I thought in the tv interview, the husband said they needed privacy.

That woman was kidnapped and beaten for several weeks as part of a gang initiation. The point is that gang members will do that. It is a possibility in SP's case as well. SP could have been targeted for the specific purpose of a gang member's initiation.

Which I believe is about a thousand times more likely than the possibility that SP was human trafficked. Because I don't think anybody has been able to provide even one example of a 34 year old woman being randomly grabbed off the street for purposes of sex trafficking.

I agree that a gang related initiation is a possibility, and I think one of the most likely scenarios that involve two Hispanic females. But I still think the overall likelihood of this is very low. But not zero.

It seems I was misunderstood. I can understand leaving to get away from things a few days or weeks. I wanted to know if there was a statement from them about it.
Oh gotcha. I was wondering. I'm of no help on that one

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

That woman was kidnapped and beaten for several weeks as part of a gang initiation. The point is that gang members will do that. It is a possibility in SP's case as well. SP could have been targeted for the specific purpose of a gang member's initiation.

Which I believe is about a thousand times more likely than the possibility that SP was human trafficked. Because I don't think anybody has been able to provide even one example of a 34 year old woman being randomly grabbed off the street for purposes of sex trafficking.

the point i was making was that it is not common for gangs to abduct random people for weeks and then let them go alive, the other person commented that they probably wouldnt do it unless there was a payoff.

in the case you cited, the victim was not random, she knew her abductors, they did it for a specific reason, and there was a payoff for letting her go alive.

and thats the end of this conversation for me because i dont even think it is relevant to this case.

I have only seen speculation on why they left town. Nothing from them.

The
problem with leaving town is that the perps know where KP works and could simply go there and follow him home.

I think they left more due to privacy issues. To keep away from the media (although, of course, the media could follow them too. However, the media generally isn't dangerous...)

A theory came to mind after watching the show Drugs Inc.

One of the P's was working for a drug cartel, and something happened, such as a deal gone bad, trying to quit ...

SP was then abducted as a way for them to get back at the Ps for something that was done or not done.

Do you have a source to back that up? Because my information is exactly the opposite. Just about every single gang information site I can find, lists committing crimes as a common gang initiation. I have never heard of gang members being forced to drink urine.

Common Gang Initiations

Not exactly MSM so I'll not sure if I can link. But there is good info just by googling "gang initiation" or "gang initiation urine." Besides urine, there's a reference to drinking the combined blood of the gang members.

From the link you posted, you see that far and away it's more common for initiation to involve things done to you by fellow members. It seems as if that when they do task you with going and committing a crime against some no -gang person, it's a quick get in, get out scenario.

Hard to imagine a gang saying to a female pledge, "OK, we want you to go find a blonde white girl, keep her captive for a few weeks, then let her go."

But I could see a brutal gang saying, "Take and kill a white girl" and they go and complete the task that day.. an initiation task is going to be closed-ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuba county California, that fits with the 2.5 hour drive SP stated doesn't it?

For clarification. I am reading that SP is middle aged. The Oxford English Dictionary says middle age is between 45-65

For clarification. I am reading that SP is middle aged. The Oxford English Dictionary says middle age is between 45-65

I think the middle-aged description was started by people who were commenting that she isn't the young bride pictured, she has aged like all of us do over time. She's not middle-aged, but people seem to like saying that as a put-down.

(And, it's no put-down to be any age! I never understand the derogatory remarks about growing older....isn't that a sign of successful living, to grow older? The alternative is you're dead. And, what's the point of being perpetually young? Isn't the point of life to grow and change, not stay stagnant? Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox.)

jmo

Seriously -- no one wants to do an entirely-within-TOS poll to separate the wheat from the chaff, in terms of validity of theories? List them, a poster picks three, point criteria's established, and we see what we like and what we feel scoff-worthy.

Doesn't mean we'll be right but such activity does get the thread more active sometimes.

Seriously -- no one wants to do an entirely-within-TOS poll to separate the wheat from the chaff, in terms of validity of theories? List them, a poster picks three, point criteria's established, and we see what we like and what we feel scoff-worthy.

Doesn't mean we'll be right but such activity does get the thread more active sometimes.

Personally I think these threads have been too active.

the point i was making was that it is not common for gangs to abduct random people for weeks and then let them go alive, the other person commented that they probably wouldnt do it unless there was a payoff.

in the case you cited, the victim was not random, she knew her abductors, they did it for a specific reason, and there was a payoff for letting her go alive.

and thats the end of this conversation for me because i dont even think it is relevant to this case.

It's not common for anybody to be kidnapped, held weeks, then let go. This is a very uncommon case. We are looking at the uncommon. I don't think there has probably ever been an exact case, like this. But the other case, proves that gangs will kidnap and hold people for long periods of time. So the numerous statements in this thread, that no gang members would go through the trouble of kidnapping and holding somebody for weeks, is not consistent with facts.

Hey, did anybody mention before that she was spotted on the 22nd of November and it was reported? Here is a link. I don't know where the source got that information but it is interesting if so.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-holiday-supermom-s-traumatic-kidnapping.html

Yes. LE confirmed it was not her
The Sheriff also ruled out the account of witness Christine Everson who claimed to have seen Papini with two men at a Redding truck stop.
Marketing Director Everson claimed to have spoken to a woman who strongly resembled Papini and looked 'scared'.
But the Sheriff added: 'After she was abducted, Miss Papini was driven to an unknown location which would have been not at the truck stop and she would not have been contacted by anybody because this particular reporting person (RP) said that she spoke to the woman and that didn't occur.'

Source LINK

I live in Redding and I have followed this case with interest. A few points people need to understand before attempting to make sense of this case.

Sherri's neighborhood is off a freeway exit that does not suggest that any residential neighborhood is anywhere near. I can not see anyone not familiar with the Redding area choosing that freeway exit to find a woman to abduct. It appears to be uninhabited wilderness. Actually, I can't see anyone familiar with the Redding area, choosing that area to look for someone to abduct so few people live there and hardly anyone would be visible from the street. If Sherri was abducted while out jogging, either she was specifically targeted (which suggest the abductors had local connections) or they were in the area for some other reason and the abduction was unplanned. No way they were in that neighborhood looking for a random woman to abduct.

Local people are very familiar with this case and the prevailing opinion is that Sherri is telling the truth, people want the abductors arrested and anger is directed at Cyber Sleuths who doubt her. Whatever suspicions Sheriff officers may have, I would expect them to publicly support Sherri's version of events unless they have absolute proof to the contrary.

While Redding and Shasta County are technically 8.5% Hispanic, there are no large employers who hire immigrant labor so there are no Hispanic neighborhoods and no insular Hispanic community. Most area residents who identify as Hispanic are English speaking, US citizens who have dispersed and integrated into the community. If there are any such Hispanic women who drive a Dark reddish SUV, I can guarantee that multiple reports have been made to Law Enforcement. Interestingly, law enforcement has not solicited information from the community. I cannot say definitively that there are no Hispanic gangs, or "girl gangs" but no such gangs have received any media attention.

Normally, Law Enforcement withholds information from the media when the investigation is progressing and they do not want anything to happen that tip off the targets of the investigation. If they hit a "brick wall", they will release more information in hopes of soliciting leads or forcing the suspects hand. So far, the tone is very much for the media and the public to Stay Out of the investigation. This would suggest that the investigation is going well OR there are " unusual" political forces involved.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member