Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the previous thread... after reading that local description of SPs neighborhood, one thing that strikes me about both there and her drop off point (from my own knowledge seeing the area near the drop off) is that they're near neighborhoods but those neighborhoods aren't obvious and visible from the main highways.

I have no idea what that means but it surprised me. Are the abductors familiar enough with both areas to know they were somewhat near populated areas but still relatively hidden? Or was it coincidence and they're not that familiar with one spot or even both spots? Would narrowing down a familiar area help with finding them?

Still planning my nighttime visit to the drop off area to see what it looks like at night too after these storms pass.

Will the answer to this question solve the mystery? If so, how may I ask. Just curious of the relevance.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

No. Iirc our VI said Sherri was employed at AT&T until her job was phased out earlier in the year. Perhaps they had paid ahead or just didn't want to disrupt the kids routine and their friends at the day care.

I wish they would solve the mystery that is the water crisis in Corpus Christi. We fled to my folks in the Houston area. Now gotta decide if we should stay here for Christmas or go to the Ranch house where it's going to be 15 degrees tonight

No. Iirc our VI said Sherri was employed at AT&T until her job was phased out earlier in the year. Perhaps they had paid ahead or just didn't want to disrupt the kids routine and their friends at the day care.

I wish they would solve the mystery that is the water crisis in Corpus Christi. We fled to my folks in the Houston area. Now gotta decide if we should stay here for Christmas or go to the Ranch house where it's going to be 15 degrees tonight
Its cold here, isnt it. :). Hey if you are here on the 21st you can go to the vigil for DC

In the latest article: "Bosenko also told KRCR that Sherri and her husband, Keith, have been very cooperative with investigators and that his department has no reason to doubt that she was kidnapped, beaten and tortured."

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sheriff-tom-bosenko-said-papini-case-still-high-priority/212230817

Would the sherriff call it kidnapping if the investigation was pointing to sex trafficking? Wouldn't he call it an abduction?

I wouldn't read too much into that because the sheriff has used both words in other interviews. In one interview he even called it a "kidnapping-abduction":

But Bosenko said police have no reason to doubt Papini's story.
"So far, we are investigating this as a kidnapping-abduction, and everything that she is providing us thus far is indicating that," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556

I also noticed the bandana question came up again (banana discussion was a much needed laugh break!).

The reason I've mainly pictured that is base on the fact that she said they were masked but she could still see eyes, eyebrows, hair, and on one of them she even saw earrings. I can't think of all that many masks one would wear that would also allow those features to be visible. Plus bandannas could look somewhat normal if worn around their heads/hair or around their necks when not pulled over their faces. A masked driver and passenger would likely draw way more attention than two women wearing bandannas out in a rural area.

Its cold here, isnt it. :). Hey if you are here on the 21st you can go to the vigil for DC

You in Houston?

Im from Rockport

I enjoy Rockport. Great fishing.
Yeah supposed to be cold in H Town (my folks are in Sugar Land) this coming week...30's and 40's is cold for here.
But if I take my sons and grandson to the ranch (north of Abilene) it'll be 15 at night then highs in the 30's. ...but we could hunt deer and quail

Many stay at home Moms do have their children in daycare for a few days a week because it offers opportunities for the children to learn to play in a structured environment.

There is also a social aspect to daycare for both moms and the children. It's a great way to meet other parents and arrange play dates as well.

I can see S.P. doing this especially as she lived in a rural area with perhaps not many other children around..

The reason stay at home parents enroll their children in daycare for a few days a week is to benefit the children not necessarily a break for the parents.

In my opinion, this is not an issue at all in this mystery.

Many stay at home Moms do have their children in daycare for a few days a week because it offers opportunities for the children to learn to play in a structured environment.

There is also a social aspect to daycare for both moms and the children. It's a great way to meet other parents and arrange play dates as well.

I can see S.P. doing this especially as she lived in a rural area with perhaps not many other children around..

The reason stay at home parents enroll their children in daycare for a few days a week is to benefit the children not necessarily a break for the parents.

In my opinion, this is not an issue at all in this mystery.
That was my school of thought as well but I then someone had said that maybe the pattern allowed opportunity. My thought is that it was a crime of opportunity but I am not sold on the fact that she specifically was targeted.

I wanted to see how consistent the Sheriff's statements had been, so I put together a list of every interview I could find where the sheriff said he believes SP is telling the truth, along with the dates he said it and the links:

Nov 27, 2016
"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story," Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko told ABC News on Sunday, November 27. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ted-no-reason-to-disbelieve-her-story-w452535

Nov 28, 2016
Police believe that the California mother who disappeared for three weeks, garnering nationwide attention, was abducted and left injured on the side of a highway.
The sheriff probing the alleged kidnapping of Sherri Papini said he thinks the 34-year-old has been telling the truth about her experience.
“We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story,” Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said. “She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alif-mom-sherri-papini-dead-article-1.2889960

Nov 29, 2016
But Bosenko said police have no reason to doubt Papini's story.
"So far, we are investigating this as a kidnapping-abduction, and everything that she is providing us thus far is indicating that," he said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556

Nov 29 2016
Interview with People:
“But keep in mind too she had been abducted,” he says. “We don’t have any reason not to believe her. She was abducted held captive for three weeks and then released. Traumatized from the experience and then of course very emotional about being released and then being reunited with her husband.”
http://people.com/crime/sheriff-rev...mom-found-after-early-november-disappearance/

Nov 30, 2016
Investigators say they have no reason to doubt Sherri Papini’s story that she was abducted by two women who held her captive and badly abused her for three weeks.
Tom Bosenko Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
“All the information that we have right now we have no reason to believe that she is making this up,” said Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko in an interview Wednesday with The Sacramento Bee.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117934978.html#storylink=cpy

Nov 30, 2016
"The interviews were very intense for both the investigators and for Sherri, due to her having to relive this traumatic event," Bosenko said. "She was cooperative and courageous during the interviews. She described a sequence of events to the best of her recollection. Remember, that she was held against her will and was isolated."
…
Sheriff Tom Bosenko said that investigators have no reason to doubt Sherri Papini's story, adding that they are looking for two Hispanic women armed with a firearm driving a dark-colored SUV.
http://www.kcra.com/article/sheriff-to-discuss-new-details-in-sherri-papini-case/8384152

Dec 2, 2016
Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko is disputing a Huffington Post story posted late Friday that cites an unnamed source in his department as saying a hoax is not being "ruled out" in Sherri Papini's kidnapping investigation.
"Based on information we have, there's no reason to believe this is not legitimate," Bosenko said. "Since speaking to Papini, based on information we've received, we believe her. We believe that this was an abduction."
http://archive.redding.com/news/local/Shasta-County-Sheriff-disputes-hoax-story-404372706.html

Dec 9, 2016
Dec. 9: In a story in this week’s PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday, Sheriff Bosenko says authorities have no reason “not to believe” Sherri.
http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-2016-timeline-abduction-return/

Dec 14, 2016
Bosenko also told KRCR that Sherri and her husband, Keith, have been very cooperative with investigators and that his department has no reason to doubt that she was kidnapped, beaten and tortured. He said that his investigators are in almost daily contact with the Papini's and that everyone wants the same thing, for this case to be solved as soon as possible.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...aid-papini-case-still-high-priority/212230817

His statements seem consistent to me and the sheriff has not backed off on any details of the story. How many ways does he have to say it before others believe SP as well?

It's the sheriff's syntax that troubles some, I think. Perhaps that's just the
way he expresses himself -- a very law enforcement sort of word choice.

If I were to list the items below in compiling a list of reasons for the event

sex trafficking
sex (other)
gang initiation
random grab
jealous rival
race-related

what other ones -- within TOS -- would there be to add?

I also noticed the bandana question came up again (banana discussion was a much needed laugh break!).

The reason I've mainly pictured that is base on the fact that she said they were masked but she could still see eyes, eyebrows, hair, and on one of them she even saw earrings. I can't think of all that many masks one would wear that would also allow those features to be visible. Plus bandannas could look somewhat normal if worn around their heads/hair or around their necks when not pulled over their faces. A masked driver and passenger would likely draw way more attention than two women wearing bandannas out in a rural area.

I actually asked the banDana question because of the earrings. Can't remember where I read that Sherri saw earings
But I wasn't sure where the banDana discussion started

sex trafficking
sex (other)
gang initiation
random grab
jealous rival
race-related

a message to someone
to settle a score

sex trafficking
sex (other)
gang initiation
random grab
jealous rival
race-related

cult/brainwashing
money/ransom
drug operation

sex trafficking
sex (other)
gang initiation
random grab
jealous rival
race-related
send a message
settle a score
kidnap/ransom
cult/brainwash
drug operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288