UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering..was this tip off mentioned before /after the gofund /reward from grandparents were mentioned?

Perhaps the vehicle enquiries or the new lead Nicola has mentioned was to do with Corrie being driven from bse to mildenhall? As we've got these searches but still not clear way of him leaving the horseshoe. Hit by a car suggests he walked out of the horseshoe which the family say can't be done. If he was driven out maybe they have a lead or info on who or where they went?

I agree with posters regarding Corrie's RAF boss's answer about not feeling guilty about his disappearance that night. It does seem like a strange comment. The wording he chooses sounds very detached and somewhat defensive.

But having said that, isn't the whole context itself rather strange? Personally I find it troubling that a serving member of the armed forces goes off on his own in a vulnerable state of drunkenness, and habitually, as we have been told. Service men and women are at greater risk in some senses than the general public. I'm not criticizing anyone, just suggesting, if I may, that we should protect our service people more by having stricter rules about sticking together and so on, even if it means that their freedom off duty is slightly more curtailed.

Perhaps his superior does feel guilty at some level, even though he didn't do anything technically wrong according to current guidelines.

By by the way I have been following here for a while and I really aprreciate some of the great posts. Looking in from America, originally from Scotland.

Would you not drive off? If there's no witnesses and no obvious cctv you could perhaps blag if it came back on you that you thought it was an animal (as we discussed earlier) you couldn't prove the driver wouldn't have necessarily seen him based on clothes even though it would be a good argument. If he said he didn't see him then what can you do? Isn't that better than being potentially caught without a licence or drunk and a body in your car?

I guess that would depend on the individual circumstances of the hypothetical driver concerned. If he was drunk, already banned from driving for prior motoring offences and had 4 bald tyres on his car, he would be unlikely to suddenly turn into a model citizen. It's more likely that such a person would dispose of the body and then dispose of the vehicle at Dodgy Dave's Car Crushers.

My daughter just mananged to flick the tv to local news. The search was on it so I watched, nothing new, just an interview with jo leach about being local. Says they're searching whrat they can until nightfall so perhaps they've not finished dead on 3 just when they can't continue.

Bit odd watching it wondering whether our Cotswold was on it!

I agree with you, I would think the quoted theory by Sulsar is unlikely.
If Corrie was walking through King's Forest he was likely sticking to the road (no street lighting I imagine) and yes, could have been hit by a vehicle. Hit and run is a much more believable option.

Can anyone local tell me how big King's Forest is please? I cannot find anything on google.

Also would this area make a reasonable route if Corrie was walking from BSE to Mildenhall, or is it too much of a diversion? TIA

Is this a lane lane or a main road? Well even so, boy racers often whip round roads at night, it could have been a carful of youngsters in a panic - who knows

I guess that would depend on the individual circumstances of the hypothetical driver concerned. If he was drunk, already banned from driving for prior motoring offences and had 4 bald tyres on his car, he would be unlikely to suddenly turn into a model citizen. It's more likely that such a person would dispose of the body and then dispose of the vehicle at Dodgy Dave's Car Crushers.

LOL!

*everyone goes to try and find it on google maps*

So as there is a dogging spot within/around the search area, is it possible that a dogger spotted something that night and came forwards anonymously because they didn't want their 'lifestyle' choice being known?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So as there is a dogging spot within/around the search area, is it possible that a dogger spotted something that night and came forwards anonymously because they didn't want their 'lifestyle' choice being known?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong possibility, even just driving by and seeing something not quite right, maybe nothing at the time to the person, and could mean everything now.

So after 11weeks of nothing, a reward is offered and there is a lead to Kings Forest?

I would suggest that either someone is chancing their luck in the hope of getting a reward or this search is going ahead as stated by Nicola prior to the reward being on offer.

Strong possibility, even just driving by and seeing something not quite right, maybe nothing at the time to the person, and could be everything now.

Perhaps sulsars hit by a car quote is rubbish because they don't want to come out and say anything about said lifestyle. Same end after all being in a wooded area and that's all they need to explain to justify searching there

I agree with you, I would think the quoted theory by Sulsar is unlikely.
If Corrie was walking through King's Forest he was likely sticking to the road (no street lighting I imagine) and yes, could have been hit by a vehicle. Hit and run is a much more believable option.

The only actual road through the forest here is the Brandon Road, which mostly comprises long, straight sections without a lot of ups and downs. As such, vehicles could be heard and seen from quite a distance. There's no reason for any walker to get hit providing they face oncoming traffic and step off the road when a vehicle approaches.

Can anyone local tell me how big King's Forest is please? I cannot find anything on google.

Me neither.

Also would this area make a reasonable route if Corrie was walking from BSE to Mildenhall, or is it too much of a diversion? TIA

A direct line between the two would go right through this forested area, but there are no E-W roads without dropping down to the A1101 to the south.

My daughter just mananged to flick the tv to local news. The search was on it so I watched, nothing new, just an interview with jo leach about being local. Says they're searching whrat they can until nightfall so perhaps they've not finished dead on 3 just when they can't continue.

Bit odd watching it wondering whether our Cotswold was on it!

I guess we are to assume that they haven't found anything yet if they are set to keep searching. Did the weather ever clear up there today? Saw some photos and it looked rather cold and damp from what the searchers were wearing.

I guess we are to assume that they haven't found anything yet if they are set to keep searching. Did the weather ever clear up there today? Saw some photos and it looked rather cold and damp from what the searchers were wearing.

Looked pretty miserable from the clips I saw. It was really just the clip from Nicola in the article posted last (was itv) and obligatory high vis search footage and the jo leach interview which was about how she got involved

News report available to watch on itv updates page (22 minutes ago)
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/story/2016-09-28/missing-raf-serviceman/

Or perhaps a game warden on his rounds. Where there are deer there are poachers to be kept an eye on. It's possible that in this situation the identity of the reporter is known to the police but being kept confidential because of the work he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa