GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Sundrop...I didn't realize that cold cases were kept open until a conviction was made.

What about contacting an organization such as this one: coldcasecrimes.org

I wonder if the GBI would be open to providing an organization such as this one with the evidence they've collected so far.

Sundrop in regards to FL and TX being the only exceptions to the cold case record laws would be how was Colorado able to release their findings to the public when it came to the Jon Bonet Ramsey case? the public knows a ton of information from that case, that the CBI released.

A lot of these shows on the Ramsey case like the one where Dr Henry Lee was on used hypothetical information, they were not using actual evidence from the case. But a few states have relaxed open records laws but Georgia is not one of them. Plus the media went to court back when the Ramsey case happened to try and get some of the case files like the letter

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Geez guys. No hard feelings here. Like previously stated, we are all frustrated and passionate which is what causes us to get wrapped up in this thing. Quitting like some have suggested won't help anyone....we need your ideas. I know Sundrop says that this case will not be solved online, but I would like to think that we (all of us websleuthers) are pretty good at brainstorming likely scenarios and putting fresh thoughts and eyes onto things that LE doesn't see. Now yes...most of what we do is clearly just conjecture but if I was a legit police detective working a cold case...I would read this website every day just for ideas. I would want to see if any of the theories are plausible. I think they could be surprised to see that a lot of us are pretty darn intelligent and come up with some good stuff. After all, we are just amateurs but they have had 11 years to figure it out with all of the evidence. We get pieces and try to put the puzzle together. I hope this one gets solved in 2017. I feel like something has to give. Secrets can't be kept forever.

Thanks Sundrop for your continued help on this case, and your time answering questions from the websleuth community!

this sounds like maybe there's some chance of hope here....with enough media attention maybe they can pressure the GBI to start releasing some information that wasn't previously known to the public. The podcast is a start at gaining some more attention from this case and bringing media becoming more aware of this case due to the alarming unanswered questions and connection Tara had with the police in her community.

I'd love to hear what the GBI knows just in regards to the evidence Dr Godwin alone has provided they missed!

A lot of these shows on the Ramsey case like the one where Dr Henry Lee was on used hypothetical information, they were not using actual evidence from the case. But a few states have relaxed open records laws but Georgia is not one of them. Plus the media went to court back when the Ramsey case happened to try and get some of the case files like the letter

That is the problem pisces34...even if they take into account what Dr. Godwin has given them, we will not know the outcome of their investigation with it still being an open case. I know at one time Det. Rothwell stated that they knew who was responsible and they had some evidence but they needed someone to talk. It was something like the people that need to talk thought they didn't have the evidence but he was assuring them that they did now, or something like that. Do anyone recall what that was from? It could have been one of the many videos or case studies that I have seen on the case.

Sundrop tried to message you but it's full. I did get your message though. I will message you later once you've had the chance to clean house. Lol.

Sundrop- you believe the house on snap dragon has no relevance to Tara at all? Do we know if Michael L, the owner of the car found at the house, knows fletcher and MH?

I find it hard to forget about the three different set of dogs finding a hit there.

Also, is there any email correspondence from Nancy to Tara in response to what she sent? If Tara was concerned about MH's well being, shouldn't his mother

Appreciate you working with the podcast and here. I hope someone can provide justice for Tara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I believe that we don't actually know but gbi claims there was no evidence found at the fire that linked to Tara

What about the emails? Any response from MH's mother?

To what she sent? Emails from Nancy and to Nancy have to be viewed with caution because Nancy is the person who provided those to the step mom so we don't know what was in the emails that Nancy did not share

What is HD currently doing? Is He still married to his wife from 2005. Any one interview her?

Yes still married and is a detective in Perry and has been for a decade

Sending prayers of love and comfort to Tara's loved ones, especially during this time of the year.

Sending prayers of strength and gratitude to all who continue to seek answers to what happened to this beautiful young woman.

Merry Christmas, Tara. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone fighting for Tara's story to be told. Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member