UK UK - Kevin Hicks, 16, Croydon, 2 Mar 1986

Sorry to make three posts, but I find it interesting to hear his sister tell of the phone calls. I do not remember hearing that before although I had read of the extra bunch of flowers at Mrs Hicks funeral. If that was Kevin then he may not have been far away all these years? At 16, I went missing a couple of times in Addiscombe myself and it was an easy place to hide in although this was years before Kevin went missing. There are lots of alleys and the housing is dense and you can also get into open parkland/woodland or on to a train to central London. It was very easy to hide....also at 16 if it was still open then, he may have been able to get into the YMCA and they would not reveal his identity. (If it was the same as the YWCA).

I am not sure if £1 would have been enough for a bus fare into Croydon, but walking to East Croydon Station is not impossible. You could not jump barriers there now or at Victoria, but it was possible in the past. Very easy to get to London and disappear.

If kevin made those phone calls then it shows hes been trying to get in touch. I'm not sure whever this is right but did here that the police tried to find a friend of kevins who lived nearby but we're unable to locate him.

Could Kevin have run away with a friend or could he have gone off with someone he knew and trusted. Theres something about this case that doesnt feel right if hed been forcibly abducted he would have put up a fight and someone would have seen something, If he ran away surely he would have put more thought into it taken more resources with him unless he ran away with someone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38376671

Police investigating the disappearance of a 16-year-old boy in south London more than 30 years ago say they now believe he was murdered.
Kevin Hicks went out to buy some eggs for a school project in Croydon in March 1986 and was never seen again.
The Met are offering a £20,000 reward for information that may help them discover what happened to him.
It follows a review of the case earlier this year.
Det Insp John McQuade, from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: "Kevin simply disappeared that night and was never seen nor heard of again.

"We can only imagine what the intervening years must have been like for his family; years of worry and distress at not knowing what happened.
"Sadly, both his parents died without ever discovering the truth.
"Many enquiries have been carried out over the years, but Kevin's body has never been found. But there is no evidence he is still alive.
"We believe Kevin must have met someone that night, been assaulted and his body disposed of."

On 25 October 1996 someone anonymously called the Croydon Advertiser and said they knew where Kevin's body was.
Mr McQuade urged that person to come forward and contact the police.

Sad, and too close to where I live.

When I first read about Kevin I regretted every time I had sent one of my sons to the shop on their own.

Nothing happened, but just the thought it could have...

I think most kids in London that goes missing are runaways and found soon (I have no stats for that opinion), but there is Kevin, and Andrew Gosden, missing from areas very familiar to me, it's scary.

They were both very likely kidnapped, taken, or someone bad got them.
I hope they both get found very soon, or at least there will be some sort of resolution...

=*(

On the note of Lee Boxall, the last I remember on this case he was linked to have visited a back Street boys club allegedly run by paedophiles I think in the Croydon area, and with possible links to Sidney Cooke and the dirty dozen.

Could Hicks be linked to have been picked up my Cooke?

I fear with Sidney Cookes ring they were prolific for years.

Can anyone remember the murder of Bulic Forsyth?... Ive posted this one several of the missing posts from London as there is potential relevance.

From memory Forsyth worked for Lambeth Council in 1993 and confided in a work colleague he was about to reveal something but about VIP paedophiles operating In Lambeth and using council premises.

Two days later he was murdered and his house set alight. No one was ever arrested let alone prosecuted.

With people missing like Martin Allen, Lee Boxall, Kevin Hicks (police today believe he was murdered) and countless other 'missing children', it makes me wonder if there is more than meets the eye with these disappearances. I mean children, seemingly going about there day to say life suddenly vanishing more often than not with little evidence.

Thoughts appreciated...

Ive always believed that Kevin Hicks and lee Boxell cases are linked.Its strange how they could both just vanish into thin air without anyone seeing anything.Kevin Hicks bike was found outside the shop but i believe it was reported that noone saw him in or around the shop.So i guess the question is did he leave the bike outside the shop or was it placed there by someone?

From the BBC story above - I found this odd:

"At about 20:30 he told his mother he needed to buy some eggs for his O-level home economics exam the following day.

He headed off to Sperrings community shop, a couple of minutes' walk away, in Lower Addiscombe Road.

He was last seen at 22:00 in Shirley Road, walking in the general direction of home."

What was he doing for 90 mins wandering around the area just barely a few mins from home and ostensibly just having popped out for eggs?!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever confirm if he needed eggs for his school project the next day?... This would then at least answer the question of did he genuinely pop out to the shop or was it an excuse to get out of the house which proved fateful.

There seems to be such little evidence on this case. From police and witness.

I wondered that, if the eggs was a story or not. Mind you, if the shop was that close it could be seen from the window, it's not the best excuse in the world. It is always so scary when people disappear so near to home.

apparently no one saw him in the shop .Which would suggest either he was not intending to buy eggs or something happened to him before he could.It would seem that Kevin went somewhere else when he left his house, its likely that he met with someone. He was seen over an hour after he left his house.Somebody must of seen him at some point.

So if he wasn't on the shop where did he go?...

Wasn't there boys club in that area called 'The Shed' (it's also been a rumoured haunt for Lee Boxell). Could he have gone there?

Well that's the question that will solve this case. He left the house saying he was going to buy eggs, he's then seen over an hour later, walking around the area. He must of met with somebody it's the only reasonable explanation. The witness that claimed they saw Kevin over an hour after he left the house. I don't think mentioned that they saw his bicycle. We know His bicycle was found outside the shop did somebody put it there? And who gave Kevin the speakers he was trying to hide?. As for a possible link to Lee boxell I've always felt these cases were linked. As horrible as it is to think we know there were peadofiles operating in Surrey at that time.

"At about 20:30 he told his mother he needed to buy some eggs for his O-level home economics exam the following day.

I can't remember there being O Level exams in March. The main season were mid-May to mid-June, with resits later in the year for any you failed in the summer sitting. "Mocks" were generally in January or February.

So did he really have an exam the following day or whether the eggs were simply an excuse to get him out of the house to meet someone?

On the other hand it's possible that he was referring to some sort of informal, in-house progress test at the school.

Someone in the area knows something. I refuse to believe that Kevin wasn't seen by more people. Someone must have a suspicion of what happened.

Surely the school can confirm if the egg project was legitimate.

I fear he could be a dirty dozen victim

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back