Gilgo Beach 4 Only (GB4)

So I was thinking...Amber Costello was called numerous times that day of her last client. She had turned him down a few times, he kept calling her back. What IF he was someone like Jim Burke, or of his ilk? A top cop, promising she'd be safe, offering $1,500 for the night. Only he wants to make sure there are no pictures, so she can't bring her cell phone. He sweet talks her, convinces her he is safe, after all, he's a LEO, he'll protect her. So she leaves her phone at home and takes the job. Only it's LISK and she's now dead.

Wouldn't a scenario like that convince these girls not to take their phones? And we know Meslissa had her phone, LISK called her sister from it later and taunted her. So somewhere along the way LISK decided phones were a problem. GPS pings, calling for help like Shannan did, (for all the good I did her). IMO

The only thing... wouldn't Amber, Melissa's sister, recognize Burke's voice?

The only thing... wouldn't Amber, Melissa's sister, recognize Burke's voice?

Guess it would depend on if they heard it. Also, if it's not Burke but one of his cohorts......as "Leanne" suggested in the news conference.......Melissa's sister might not know. And if this is true about it being Burke, Amber would have already known who it was if he told her, in order to lure her into meeting him. Remember, she also did not tell Dave, her roommate who he was. Maybe that was part of the deal, she couldn't say who she was meeting and she couldn't bring her phone. I dunno, just another thought as to why these gals wouldn't take their ohones with them. We've wondered and speculated about that for years here.

Guess it would depend on if they heard it. Also, if it's not Burke but one of his cohorts......as "Leanne" suggested in the news conference.......Melissa's sister might not know. And if this is true about it being Burke, Amber would have already known who it was if he told her, in order to lure her into meeting him. Remember, she also did not tell Dave, her roommate who he was. Maybe that was part of the deal, she couldn't say who she was meeting and she couldn't bring her phone. I dunno, just another thought as to why these gals wouldn't take their ohones with them. We've wondered and speculated about that for years here.

I say it could be something as simple as: "$1,500 is yours. Just no phones or telling anyone who you're seeing because I'm an important person and I can lose a lot. Do we have a deal? If I find out you broke the rules the deal is off."

That's what I think at least.

I have read that the police feel the first group found the "GB4" were possibly stalked beforehand, and also likely tortured. Is there any reliable information of this information? Since the investigators have been very quiet in releasing info on this case and after looking at many websites on this topic I am wondering if anyone knows what truth/evidence to the theories being put forth.

Regarding torture, there would have to be some evidence of physical trauma, given that asphyxiation was the cause of death. The only publicly available evidence I'm aware of is the missing teeth found by investigators in April 2011.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/22/new.york.bodies/index.html

No. Their bodies were found intact.
I have seen and read many news stories reporting the GB4 bodies were severed and put in burlap sacks. But where are the ones saying that the bodies were NOT severed? WHERE? I need a link.

Welcome to Ws. mcjimick thanks for that amazingly insightful post!
Many of the things you stated really hit the tail on the donkey for me, but what i found particularly intriguing is this idea
rbbm.
Yes, this has been discussed previously. I personally felt the number four might have had something to do with religion, the fourth commandment. Most of these girls disappeared on a saturday, although we don't know what time they were killed, the Sabbath for some begins on Saturday, The Sabbath for Jews begins on Saturday at Sundown, The Sabbath day for most others is Sunday beginning at midnight Sat night. That with the Babylon location, *advertiser censored* comments from the killer, and some other factors discussed in great detail previously. But it appears we all come to the same conclusion independently.

I had contact professionally so to speak with a man in the summer of 2007 who fits the profile very well of the women in Atlantic City's killer.. And possibly the GB4. He had an extreme foot fetish... Actually that was all he wanted... In response to gaining trust... He wanted you to have a pedicure before seeing him... He wanted just to massage your feet for 15 mins or so... Admire his pedicure and that was it. If you were overtly sexual with him or stated you were only there to provide sexual services I can see him becoming very upset.. Angry. He also was ocd and everything in his apartment was arranged in groups of 4. 4 plants lined up, 4 vases on shelf... 4 candles in a row...4 pictures on the wall etc. After watching the killing season when they stated that I was sick to my stomach. And he fit the sketch they posted. Working girls at that time and the men they worked for were in a constant state of alert and always in communication with one another. Very scary that it could possibly be him knowing how many times I had met with him alone. And yes... I did feel very safe... Smh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had contact professionally so to speak with a man in the summer of 2007 who fits the profile very well of the women in Atlantic City's killer.. And possibly the GB4. He had an extreme foot fetish... Actually that was all he wanted... In response to gaining trust... He wanted you to have a pedicure before seeing him... He wanted just to massage your feet for 15 mins or so... Admire his pedicure and that was it. If you were overtly sexual with him or stated you were only there to provide sexual services I can see him becoming very upset.. Angry. He also was ocd and everything in his apartment was arranged in groups of 4. 4 plants lined up, 4 vases on shelf... 4 candles in a row...4 pictures on the wall etc. After watching the killing season when they stated that I was sick to my stomach. And he fit the sketch they posted. Working girls at that time and the men they worked for were in a constant state of alert and always in communication with one another. Very scary that it could possibly be him knowing how many times I had met with him alone. And yes... I did feel very safe... Smh

I would say to let the authorities know. We're better off leaving no rock unturned. Just my thought.

I would say to let the authorities know. We're better off leaving no rock unturned. Just my thought.
Doesn't seem they care much to be honest... They certainly didn't care when it was happening. To be honest I don't know if he's even still there after all this time or even remember his name. Had they been more forthcoming with info then we certainly would have notified them but I'll be honest they don't care. Working women disappearing to them is not a problem. It's actually a solution to a problem ...and that's quoting an officer from AC. He said "one less ***** I have to worry about processing"...very sad

Yes, this has been discussed previously. I personally felt the number four might have had something to do with religion, the fourth commandment. Most of these girls disappeared on a saturday, although we don't know what time they were killed, the Sabbath for some begins on Saturday, The Sabbath for Jews begins on Saturday at Sundown, The Sabbath day for most others is Sunday beginning at midnight Sat night. That with the Babylon location, *advertiser censored* comments from the killer, and some other factors discussed in great detail previously. But it appears we all come to the same conclusion independently.

Are you sure the Sabbath for Jews doesn't begin on Friday at sundown? The Jewish calendar as far as I know goes from sundown to sundown.

Doesn't seem they care much to be honest... They certainly didn't care when it was happening. To be honest I don't know if he's even still there after all this time or even remember his name. Had they been more forthcoming with info then we certainly would have notified them but I'll be honest they don't care. Working women disappearing to them is not a problem. It's actually a solution to a problem ...and that's quoting an officer from AC. He said "one less ***** I have to worry about processing"...very sad

Yet when these serial killers do get caught and are sent to prison they protect them and keep them out of the common population. How backwards is that?

Are you sure the Sabbath for Jews doesn't begin on Friday at sundown? The Jewish calendar as far as I know goes from sundown to sundown.
Yes Friday night at sundown until Saturday night at sundown is Sabbath

I have seen and read many news stories reporting the GB4 bodies were severed and put in burlap sacks. But where are the ones saying that the bodies were NOT severed? WHERE? I need a link.

I have heard conflicting reports about the burlap. I don't know if it was Dormer or who but they said the burlap sacks have never been 100% confirmed by police.

This is interesting but maybe most of these killings happened on a Saturday because that's when he has time to devote to his killings. To me it would suggest he has a regular job during the week.

That makes me incredibly sad. You'd hope given the fact that there's a serial killer on the loose they'd start taking these girls more seriously. You Don't remember any details about this guy!? Was he old? Young? Good looking, not good looking? If you were at his apartment would you at least remember what town it was in? Also I'm curious to know what sketch you were referring to in your last comment.

That makes me incredibly sad. You'd hope given the fact that there's a serial killer on the loose they'd start taking these girls more seriously. You Don't remember any details about this guy!? Was he old? Young? Good looking, not good looking? If you were at his apartment would you at least remember what town it was in? Also I'm curious to know what sketch you were referring to in your last comment.
I remember exactly where he lived and what he looked like. I just don't think he's still in that same place. He was not an older man he had blondish brown hair... A little bit long on the sides and back for that time, wasn't an "in" style. He at times would wear a baseball cap and if I'm remembering correctly aviator type sunglasses. He was hard to forget, trust me, mostly because of his quirks... With the pedicures foot massages and his OCD

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress