Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for sure there is something important/incriminating re LISK on that 911 tape and not just the hysterical ramblings of a supposedly drug addled party girl as we've been led to believe by SCPD......
Perhaps Shannon Gilbert named NAMES on the 911 tape like Peter, or the police chief, releasing that tape could lead to clues maybe from the public, it makes no sense. rELEASING THE TAPE WITH OPEN THE FLOOD GATES, lets hear them!

Yes...something is definitely wrong here... the FBI needs to step in and take over this investigation fore sure

Also, If Shannon's 911 tape contains info that would compromise the LISK investigation they are also admitting her death was not an accident!! The SCPD has been knowingly lying to the public claiming her death was an accident ...if her death was truly an accident her 911 tape would contain nothing that would be of any value re the LISK investigation or her own fate the night she disappeared.....Wow!!! SCPD is involved in a major cover up... who are they protecting??

Also, If Shannon's 911 tape contains info that would compromise the LISK investigation they are also admitting her death was not an accident!! The SCPD has been knowingly lying to the public claiming her death was an accident ...if her death was truly an accident her 911 tape would contain nothing that would be of any value re the LISK investigation or her own fate the night she disappeared.....Wow!!! SCPD is involved in a major cover up... who are they protecting??
I am in agreement. Can't have it both ways. If Shannon's death is not connected to lisk then let's hear the 911 call. If her case could be then say so and stop cat and mouse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yall are on fire tonight .... Just a reading lurker this evening Ultimately have enjoyed reading the different thoughts and views ..
Great work to each of you .. [emoji106].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that the FBI should take over the investigation and have always felt SG'S 911 tape has really incriminating information on it about the SCPD and those in charge.

I know i've said before I believe Shannan took drugs, i was reading a different article and the possible short term effects of Crystal Meth were listed. (I've cropped the intetesting ones which would fit into an accidental death scenario)

- Increased Body Temperature
- Erractic and sometimes violent behaviour
- Hallucinations
- Panic and Psychosis

Was this the drug of Shannans choice that night at JBs I wonder?

Possibly. However, I was a recreational drug user in my early 20s and some of my closest friends were into meth. I tried it maybe a half dozen times myself. And mind you, some of these people were not 100% mentally stable. I never saw anyone become acutely psychotic in front of me. Methamphetamine psychosis, I believe, will usually result from long-term abuse or serious binges that go on for days or weeks. We really could go through this question with any of a billion drugs, but its all speculation.

Unless she had bipolar with psychosis, the diagnosis standing by itself while taking drugs other than hallucinogens wouldn't cause psychosis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone doesn't know, as well, there are different types of bipolar. Its sort of a spectrum, like autism. Not everyone is the "classic" Bipolar I that has very high highs that often come with psychotic episodes and very low lows. At the shallow end of the BPD spectrum are cyclothymes, for example, who do not have true manias. That Shannan was bipolar, if that is fact, does not mean that she was severely ill.

Possibly. However, I was a recreational drug user in my early 20s and some of my closest friends were into meth. I tried it maybe a half dozen times myself. And mind you, some of these people were not 100% mentally stable. I never saw anyone become acutely psychotic in front of me. Methamphetamine psychosis, I believe, will usually result from long-term abuse or serious binges that go on for days or weeks. We really could go through this question with any of a billion drugs, but its all speculation.
I'm not an expert in meth. We are lucky over here it never really caught on, so in my younger days I wasn't exposed to it. It's possible with an underlying condition like bi-polar it could trigger a psychotic episode though, don't you think?

Like you said though there are probably a dozen or so drugs which could have the same effects.

I agree. There has to something on that tape SCPD do not want joe public to hear. And it probably points a few fingers at corrupt individuals like Burke or other high ranking officials. Like "Get me Burke!! They are trying to kill me. Get me Burke now!!" speculation though.

Keep fighting people, get it released. It'll be a massive let down if there isn't a smoking gun on that call

Yes...I'm in another country so I can't physically do much to help...SCPD needs to admit they are still investigating her death and suspect foul play and a possible connection between Shannon's death and the LISK case and as a result the tape must be kept from the public in order to protect those investigations.... or release it and prove there is nothing of value on it... SCPD needs to be accountable to the people especially in light of the arrest and conviction of the corrupt former chief of the SCPD

Yes...I'm in another country so I can't physically do much to help...SCPD needs to admit they are still investigating her death and suspect foul play and a possible connection between Shannon's death and the LISK case and as a result the tape must be kept from the public in order to protect those investigations.... or release it and prove there is nothing of value on it... SCPD needs to be accountable to the people especially in light of the arrest and conviction of the corrupt former chief of the SCPD
If there is a cover up it is related to her prostitution and the SCPD, but not LISK. And who is that Peter person that appears on The Killing Season?? He knows nothing.

Let's hope and pray James Burke and his cronies did not already destroy it and it is deemed 'LOST" A 23 minute phone call to 911, has to be a loaded. It could be the "KEY" to everything.

It's been posted here before, but maybe it should be posted again. In Suffolk County N.Y., it's against the law to release any 911 call. It doesn't matter what SCPD wants to do regarding releasing it. They don't have any say in it. Suffolk County law says its private, and cannot be released without a court order and to date a valid reason for it's release hasn't been presented.

It's been posted here before, but maybe it should be posted again. In Suffolk County N.Y., it's against the law to release any 911 call. It doesn't matter what SCPD wants to do regarding releasing it. They don't have any say in it. Suffolk County law says its private, and cannot be released without a court order and to date a valid reason for it's release hasn't been presented.

It's also against the law to solicit prostitution and kill people, but they have no qualms with that.

JMO but there is a valid reason- establish cause of death. If it's accidental who cares, right?

I may come across as snarky, but there is a total irony in your post that needs to be noted.

Let's hope John Ray gets his court order. We need to back him with this motion.

I'm not an expert in meth. We are lucky over here it never really caught on, so in my younger days I wasn't exposed to it. It's possible with an underlying condition like bi-polar it could trigger a psychotic episode though, don't you think?

Like you said though there are probably a dozen or so drugs which could have the same effects.

Even pot can send someone sensitive to it into an acute panic attack. So yes. But it's fairly rare in my experience for casual use of a drug to send anyone totally off the rails. My point is speculation is all we have here anyway so to say it could've been this or that particularly is not worth the research because any substance theoretically can cause a bad trip so to speak.

But wasn't the call routed to Nassau County? Wasn't that part of the problem in locating her along with her saying she thought she was around Jones Beach and not Oak Beach? If it's a law in New York State, it wouldn't matter what county, but, the talk was SCPD keeping the call under wraps. Nassau Country would have a copy of it, if it originated there. At least that's what I remember about the case. I could be wrong though.

<modsnip> The Suffolk Legislature demanded the Ethics Panel release the financial disclosure records of ADA Jr 3/4ohn Scott Prudenti, or the Prosecutor and the Party Boat. EP said the law requires the Legislature most have a 2/3 or 3/4 vote to get the records. They did that and then some and that was several months ago and they still haven't got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer