NJ NJ - Juan Cuevas, 36, Washington Township, 20 Jan 2006

It really is scary to think about someone breaking into your home. My husband's job requires a lot of travel, both in the US and out of country, so I am alone a lot. When his travel takes him out of the US, he is sometimes away for a week or two. I live on a cul-de-sac with eight other homes on it and all of us (neighbors) watch out for each other so that aspect is comforting. I live in what is considerated a safe area, if there is such a thing anymore! We have a very good security system along with motion lights, and double locks on our doors, but I still don't sleep the whole night through when my husband is away. I stay up later and I sleep in one of the upstairs bedrooms instead of the downstairs master bedroom. The reason I do that is the alarm can be heard better in the upstairs bedrooms vs. the downstairs master bedroom should it go off. I even go so far as to turn lights on and off in different rooms in our home whenever I wake up, and even throughout the evening before I go to bed. Plus, there are certain lights, decorative lamps in bookcases and on countertops, that are never turned off so our home is never dark inside. Still I get spooked sometimes.

I never open my door to anyone that I don't know, day or night. We have double wood and glass front doors so I can easily see the person at my door. If it is someone I don't know, I just talk to them through the door with my cell phone in my hand.

I really don't think you can be too careful in this day and age.

Anyone else out there who gets as spooked as I do?

From January 2012:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/01/gloucester_county_prosecutor_i.html

Authorities are still seeking the men they say beat a Washington Township man to death at his home six years ago...

Juan Cuevas, 36, was found dead on a bed inside his Saddlebrook Way home Jan. 20, 2006. He was the owner of GI June’s Auto Parts in the 2100 block of Germantown Avenue in Philadelphia.

Investigators said the four assailants pulled up outside the home that day in a white van before Cuevas arrived at 6 p.m.

From link (article from November 2015):

Police have charged a Philadelphia man in connection with a nearly 10-year-old Washington Township slaying, law enforcement officials announced Monday...

[John] Blocker was taken into custody at 6:30 a.m. Monday at a girlfriend's house on North 57th Street in Philadelphia. He is being held in Philadelphia on charges of first-degree murder, first-degree felony, four counts of kidnapping, second-degree robbery and second-degree burglary, officials said...

Dalton did not say what the turning point in the investigation was that led to Blocker's arrest, only noting an accumulation of evidence pointed in his direction. Dalton added there was no relationship between Blocker and Cuevas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back