ID - Rape Allegation, Race, Glare of National Media Divide Town

How does this not fall under hate crime as well?

That is my question as well. The racial epitaphs prior to the assault indicate it was definitely a hate crime. The prosecutor needs to be removed!!! Get someone in there that is not afraid of monetary influence and will actually go after justice!!!

:furious:

How does this not fall under hate crime as well?

Is it possible the third of the group (who is unnamed, and a juvenile) is also Black? As racist as this crime appears, LE is saying it wasn't racially motivated. That would make sense, if the unnamed perp isn't white.

Is it possible the third of the group (who is unnamed, and a juvenile) is also Black? As racist as this crime appears, LE is saying it wasn't racially motivated. That would make sense, if the unnamed perp isn't white.

If they were using racist remarks, it doesn't matter what race the third perpetrator is.

In one of the early stories about this case, I read that these students in this family were the only black students in the area. And, even if one of the perps was black, taking advantage of a disabled person and having them sing songs about the KKK and calling them watermelon eater is racist. The saddest part for me is that this young man was lured into the locker room under the pretense that they wanted to hug him. He probably couldn't consent based on his functioning even if he wanted to.

In one of the early stories about this case, I read that these students in this family were the only black students in the area. And, even if one of the perps was black, taking advantage of a disabled person and having them sing songs about the KKK and calling them watermelon eater is racist. The saddest part for me is that this young man was lured into the locker room under the pretense that they wanted to hug him. He probably couldn't consent based on his functioning even if he wanted to.
BBM
No matter what his level of intellectual functioning, he would never have consented to submitting to this brutality. I can't imagine the pain, the humiliation, the heartbreak of betrayal.

Not criticizing your post, Kaen. Just saying ...

Keller hasn't been sentenced yet. Let's hope there's enough outrage to change the slap on the wrist the prosecution is supposed to recommend or that the judge is intelligent enough to ignore the prosecutions recommendation and give this :censored: the maximum sentence.

This kid isn't going to change. We'll be reading about him again in the not so distant future.

Keller hasn't been sentenced yet. Let's hope there's enough outrage to change the slap on the wrist the prosecution is supposed to recommend or that the judge is intelligent enough to ignore the prosecutions recommendation and give this :censored: the maximum sentence.

This kid isn't going to change. We'll be reading about him again in the not so distant future.
I was wondering if all had been tried yet. But, John Howard was the instigator and he got a light slap on the wrist. I want to see the coaches tried, too, because they knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it.

I couldn't understand why the prosecutors would ever accept the plea deal. And then I read this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/high-school-football-player-pleads-guilty-to-lesser-charge-in-idaho-assault-case/2016/12/19/05fca8c8-c61f-11e6-85b5-76616a33048d_story.html?utm_term=.6245623f68df

"Deputy State Attorney General Casey Hemmer said in court that prosecutors would have been able to prove that Howard kicked the coat hanger into the victim’s rectum, according to the Times-News. But Hemmer said the violent assault did not constitute a sex crime, and that is why they allowed Howard to opt for the plea deal."

“Based on continuing investigation throughout this case — interviewing of witnesses, speaking with the victim and getting a better picture of what happened in this case — the state believes this is the appropriate charge,” Hemmer said in court, the Times-News reported. “It was egregious behavior, it caused this victim a lot of suffering, but it is not, in my view, a sex crime, which is why the state has amended this charge. We don’t believe it’s appropriate for Mr. Howard to suffer the consequences of a sex offender, but he still needs to be held accountable.”

But it is appropriate that the victim suffers the consequences of a sexual assault?

This story reminds me of Penn State and the cover up and "keeping the lid on things".

Football towns are notorious for it. The game brings the money to the town, the school, the establishment. That is what is
behind the "town divided". Greed versus human compassion.

I am hoping and praying for them to win the lawsuit against the school. Praying hard...

That is what I was thinking too. Penn State and Jerry Sandusky.

I am so mad at the justice system, or lack there of. This poor kid was subjected to racist comments, physical abuse, and sexual abuse. I can't imagine how those kids involved and the coaches are getting away with this free and clear.

I am so mad at the justice system, or lack there of. This poor kid was subjected to racist comments, physical abuse, and sexual abuse. I can't imagine how those kids involved and the coaches are getting away with this free and clear.

Brock Turner and his friends like Leslie Rasmussen got shamed big time. If Turner can get epic shaming, why not them.

I have not heard anything about this in the news.

I had remembered some questions about the young disabled girl being raped. Snopes has done a good job vetting out facts versus falsehoods. Unfortunatley, no updates due to the ages of the victims/alleged perpetrators, although they have vetted no rape occurred, no knife was used, and parents were inappropriately supporting the alleged perpetrators.

http://www.snopes.com/three-syrian-refugees-assault-5-year-old-girl-at-knifepoint/

As horrendous as the new attack was on the disabled teen, I sincerely wish that this case had received the same kind of national attention. :(

I am still fuming over the lack of harsh punishment given for this crime!!

As horrendous as the new attack was on the disabled teen, I sincerely wish that this case had received the same kind of national attention. :(

I am still fuming over the lack of harsh punishment given for this crime!!

For some reason Idaho likes to sweep this despicable stuff under the rug. They did it last year when a young girl was sexually assaulted by refugees (or maybe they were illegal aliens).

The case in Chicago and this case are so horrific to me. My feeling is that the Chicago perps will be held accountable while the Idaho perps won't be. I would love all the perps to go away for years and years and years. I am just sick over the way people are behaving and the lack of consequences or uneven consequences.

Incorrect. Read the snopes. Do some more research. That alleged attack didn't happen like that and wasn't taped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back