Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember though that this was a long time ago, Perth was different back then. Almost naive. People weren't as vigilant as they are now.

There is also the possibility he had been planning this for a while. Bumped into the girls a few times over the past weeks.. Or even a few times that night.. enough to gain familiarity but not enough for them to mention him to anyone.

Then when he happens to be driving by and sees them, he simply offers them a lift and they probably wouldn't think twice.

This would be on the assumption the girls went there often and called for taxis from the same place etc. Given how humans are creatures of habit, this isn't entirely impossible.

Perhaps BE got rejected by attractive blonde girls? Who were looking for a guy with more "clout"? Weren't the girls Uni educated? I imagine that a Telstra Tech wouldn't be on their list as a possible hubby/father for their kids.

Hi BlackDragon

The press report said the kimono was stolen from a clothesline so I guess the kimono's owner was a victim but we haven't heard yet if the garment's owner was also the victim of an assault. It doesn't seem as if she was, from what I've read, anyway.

I assume the police have tracked down to whom the kimono belonged.

How the BE used the garment depends on when the garment was stolen and whether Huntingdale was a premeditated or spur-of-the-moment attack.

If the kimono was stolen from the clothesline that same night then I'd say he was indulging in a women's underwear/nightwear/clothes fetish and he may not have planned to use it in an attack. It would be hard to get a living person in their own home to put on a garment and as he was quite young and probably just beginning his violent activities, my thought is he was just getting his jollies stealing clothes and possibly looking into windows - maybe he even masturbated and wiped himself with the kimono and thought he'd better take it along with him, rather than leave the evidence of his sexual deviance for someone to find. I think at his young age he would have felt some shame about his nocturnal activities.

If Huntingdale was premeditated and he wanted the victim to wear the kimono then I think BE would have had to have stolen the kimono sometime earlier. Still, I think an inexperienced attacker, as he still seemed to be, would not be so ambitious as to make a victim wear a garment.

Interesting thoughts...
Perhaps stolen from a girl he was fixated on, most likely a blonde female of similar size to the 3 known victims.

For those looking at his digital trail. Someone asked why did he morph himself into a panda.

Given the guys interest in gaming and fantasy it could be from a game or from Magna.

Pandaman is a Magna character who is hidden in background of the movies. He has a mans body and a panda mask.
Also a character in One Piece, Grand Battle (which I think he played) and New World. He is on the run from a debut collector and he morphs himself into" an easter egg character, a citizen, a pirate, a marine or Government agent, and many others"

Basically blends into the crowd...

I would be looking at magna and anime sites and beyond the childish images are some very sadistic spin off fetish type images. Could be worth a look

Perhaps BE got rejected by attractive blonde girls? Who were looking for a guy with more "clout"? Weren't the girls Uni educated? I imagine that a Telstra Tech wouldn't be on their list as a possible hubby/father for their kids.

Sarah was only 18 and working in an office so cannot have been Uni educated. I think Jane was a 23 year old childcare worker so it seems unlikely she was a Uni graduate (though who knows, graduating with a degree has never been a guarantee of a professional job in your chosen field). Ciara definitely was a graduate - she had a law degree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

It is Christmas eve here in the USA. We have a skeleton crew.

Please, I am asking from the bottom of my heart, everyone post within TOS. Our over-worked mods deserve a Christmas without having to come on to Websleuths.

We love our members from Australia. Thank you for keeping the conversation lively and interesting.

Happy Holidays,
Tricia

Two points:

(1). Electrical Engineers didn't usually end up at Telstra. More likely he is a Telstra trained technician so not so bright.

(2). Most likely he is on suicide watch after his attempt to repay society with charitable works was shown to be an elaborate charade.

Disagree on both these points

1His grammar is good, he clearly constructs computers from parts, I’ve never seen a below average intelligence individual do these things. Not to mention his wife is clearly educated invariably highly educated women do not marry unintelligent men.
This guy if he wants to stay in Perth must hide, staying at one company for 30 years or long is vastly more important than career progression.
Not saying he is super intelligent but like most serial killers above average intelligence.

2 Volunteering to see young athletic girls up close and to take pictures of them? This does not sound like repaying society to me, but simply getting sexual gratification.

I am looking into this and mapping the sites, he could have been going to the Cottesloe exchange, he would have taken stirling highway to get there and back.

[h=2]Australian Exchange Guide - WA Listing[/h]Western Australia
For a Google Earth Placemark showing locations of Perth exchanges, visit http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=175817&page=0&vc=1&PHPSESSID=#Post175817 Current as of June 2006. Excellent for working out your distance from exchange, using Google Earth's "Measure" tool. Placemarks also show availability of third part DSLAMS, and telephone number ranges. Note: not all exchange locations may be 100% accurate, if one you know is incorrect please whim me: /user/33727
Albany – Lot 32 Grey st East, ALBANY 6330 ( cnr Aberdeen st) – ALNY
[(Applecross – 101 Ardross St (cnr Macrae), Applecross 6153 – APPX (iiNet) (Amnet)
Armadale – Jull St (Next to post office), Armadale 6112 – ARMD (iiNet)
Ascot – 49-51 Hardey Rd, Belmont 6104 – ASOT (iiNet)
Ashfield – Wesfarmers, Railway PDE
Attadale – 21 Holman St, Attadale 6156 – ATTA (iiNet)
Balcatta – 1 Bendsten Pl, Balcatta 6021 – BLCT (iiNet)
Baldivis – Baldivis Rd south of Fifty Rd – BALD
Ballajura – Illawarra Cres Sth – (100m W of Oxleigh Drive, in Malaga) BLJA (iiNet)
Bassendean – Wilson St, Bassendean 6054 – BSDN (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Bateman – Hassel Cres off Leichhardt St, Bateman 6150 – BATA (Amnet) (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Beechboro – cnr Amazon Drive & Sacramento Ave, Beechboro 6053 – BCHS (iiNet)
Belhus – Chateau Place, (Before security gate)
Bentley office – Ewing St (Near Sevenoaks Street)
Bluff Point – Corner of Mitchell St and Strickland St, Geraldton – BLPT
Bullsbrook – Bullsbrook Road
Bulwer 199 Bulwer St, Perth 6000 (9491 7455) – BWER (iiNet) (Primus) (Amnet)
Burns (Burns Beach) – Marmion Ave (1km past Burns Beach Road, on left), Burns 6024- BBCH (iiNet)
Bunbury – Post office, Victoria Street BNBY
Byford – cnr Blytheswood & South Western Hwy
Carmel – Carmel Road near cnr of Ash Street
Carrabooda RCM – Karoborup Rd, 1.1km off Wanneroo Road
Carramar Pk RCM – cnr Wanneroo Rd & Carramar Rd
Canningvale – Nicholson Rd, Canningvale 6155 – CNVL (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Cannington – 1329 Albany Hwy, Cannington 6107 – CANN (iiNet) (Amnet WIP) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Caversham RAAF – Harrow Street
Chidlow – Thomas St, near Rosedale Rd
Chittering Downs – Meadowbrook Ramble
City Beach – cnr Templetonia Cr and Kingsland Ave, Citybeach 6015- CYTB (iiNet)
Cottesloe – Clive Road, Cottesloe 6011 – CTOE (iiNet) (Amnet)
Currambine – cnr Marmion Ave and Moore Drive (on right), Currambine 6028 – CRMS (iiNet)
Darlington – cnr Montrose Ave & Darlington Rd, Darlington 6070 – DLNT (iiNet)
Donnybrook – South West High Way (behind post office)
Doubleview – Scarborough Beach Road (cnr Hutriss Rd), Doubleview 6018 – DBLV (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Eaton – Foster St, Eaton 6232
Ellenbrook – 29 Radiata Ave, Ellenbrook 6069 – ELBK (iiNet)
Flynn Drive RCM – off Flynn Dr, on Mather Passed Avery St
Forrestfield – Hale Road near Hanover St, Forrestfield 6058 – FRFD (iiNet)
Fremantle – 13 Market St, Fremantle 6160 – FMTL (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Gelorup – Bussell Hwy GLRP
Geraldton – 15 Chapman Rd, Geraldton 6530 – GLTN (iiNet)
Gidgegannup – Reserve Road – GGNP
Gidgegannup Springs – cnr McKnoe Drive & Charcole Rd
Girrawheen – Girrawheen Ave, near Hudson Ave, Girrawheen 6064 – (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Glenfield – Alexander Drive, Geraldton – GFLD
Glenroyd – cnr Berry & Reserve Road Gidgegannup
Glen Forrest – cnr Hardey Rd & Railway Parade – GFOR
Gnangara R42 Site – off Wetherell Rd (pine plantation)
Gosnells – 132-134 Hicks St, Gosnells 6110 – GOSN (iiNet)
Greenmount – Innamincka Rd, (near round-about), Greenmount 6056 – GRMT (iiNet)
Hamersley – 48 Beach Rd, Carine 6020 – HAMS (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Hepburn Hts RIM off Walter Dr, Padbury Blvd ®
Herne Hill – Gt Northern Hwy, near McDonald St – HERL
Hilton – cnr South & Chamberlain St, Hilton 6163 – HILN (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Huntingdale – Gay St,(end near oval Cnr Balfor St) Bullfinch – HTDS
Jandakot – cnr of North Lake Rd & Elderberry Drv, Jandakot 6164- JKOT (iiNet)
Jandakot South – Pearson Drive, Success 6164 – JTSX (iiNet)
Joondalup – Winton Ave, Joondalup CBD – JDLP (iiNet)
Kalamunda (L/Y) – Railway Rd, (opposite Kalamunda Hotel), Kalamunda 6076 – KALM (iiNet Q2 05)
Kalgoorlie – 59-61 Dugan St, Kalgoorlie 6430 – KGLE (iiNet)
Kelmscott – Albany Hwy (near Railway Stn) – KELM (iiNet) (Optus)
Kewdale – 31-33 MILES RD KEWDALE 6105 – KEDL (iiNet)
Kingsley – 940 Whitfords Ave, Ardrossan Loop (opp no. 36) – KSLY (iiNet)
Landsdale – cnr Mosey St and Rogers Way – LDLE (iiNet)
Lesmurdie – Rooth Rd (near Lesmurdie Rd) – LESM (iiNet)
Maddington – cnr of Attfield and Herbert – MADD (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Maida Vale – Kalamunda Rd (near Hawtin Rd) – MDLE (iiNet) (Amnet)
Malaga – Westchester Rd
Manning – cnr Ley St & Manning Rd – MNNG (iiNet) (Amnet)
Maringinup RCM – off Pingar Rd right on Neaves
Maylands – 104 Central Av, Inglewood MAYM (iiNet on Chime DSLAMS) (Primus 'Coming Soon') (Amnet) [No ADSL available to outer Bayswater]
Maylands Police Acad – Bank Rd
MDLD V101-102 – cnr Dalgety & Swan St, Middle Swan
MDLD V103-104 – cnr Marshall Rd & Dulwich St
MDLD V105-107 – cnr Marshall Rd & Arthur St
Medina – Calista Ave (near Summerton Rd), Calista – MDNA (iiNet)
Menora – (behind Inglewood pool) Alexander Drv
Midland – cnr Morrison Rd & New Bond St – MDLD (iiNet) Optus Direct
Midland – (L/Y) 9274 3666 cnr Elgee St & Freguson St
Mindarie – Rothesay Hts (of Anchorage Dr) – (iiNet)
Mt Hawthorn – cnr Scarborough Beach Rd and Oxford St – (iiNet) (Amnet)
Mt Helena – cnr Evans & Marquis St
Mt Tarcoola – End of Parson Court, Geraldton – TARX
Morley – (cnr Marmion St & Coode St, Dianella – (iiNet) (Amnet WIP) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Moonyoonooka – Moonyoonooka – Eighth St (North end of Woorree Lane) MOKA
Mt Yokine – (radio site) 1 Osborne Rd
Mullaloo – cnr Coral St and Marmoin Ave, Craigie – (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Mundaring – Gt Eastern Hwy (next to Police) – (iiNet)
Mundijong – Jarrahdale Rd ( near South West Hwy)
Munster – Fanstone Av ( near Wells Rd)
Nedlands – cnr Stanley St and Elizabeth St – (iiNet) (Amnet)
Neerabup – cnr Wanneroo Rd & Gibbs Rd
Ocean Reef – cnr Santiago Pwy and Baroola Pl
Optus Lockridge – (Telecom switch room) Altone Rd, Kiara
Osborne Park – 12 Carbom Crt (Unit 6)
Parkerville – Owen Rd near Byfield Rd
Palmyra – Canning Hwy (near Petra St) – (iiNet)
Pearce RAAF – (RAAF PABX room) Gt Northern Hwy, Bullsbrook
Perth North – (off lunchroom) 1 Bendsten Pl
Pickering Brook – Pickering Brook Rd (opposite primary) Pier
Pier – 103 Pier St, Perth – PIER – (Agile) (iiNet) (Primus) (Amnet)
Quinns Rock – about 70 Quinns Rd (top of hill) – (iiNet)
Riverton – cnr Corinthian & Modillion Rd – (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Rockingham – Simpson Ave (near Read St) (iiNet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Roleystone – Holden Rd – (iiNet)
Rottnest – Cristie Dv, Rottenst
Rolling Green – Green Pl
Sawyers Valley – (microwave tower site) 1.2km east of town
Scarborough – 10 Stanley St – (iiNet)
Seacrest Rim – (hut in backyard) Harman Rd cnr Seacrest Dr
South Coogee – Rockingham Rd (near Dalison Ave)
South Perth – Angelo St (near Coode St) – (iiNet) (Amnet)
Spearwood – Mell Rd (off Rigby St) – (iiNet)
Straton – Farral Rd
Subiaco – cnr Park St & Rockeby Rd (behind P.O.) – SUBT – (Agile) (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
The Lakes – Gt Eastern Hwy
Tom Price – 986 Central Rd – TPCE
[(Tuart Hill – cnr Wanneroo Rd & Myimbar Way – (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Two Rocks – Lisford Ave (before Soverign Ave)
Victoria Park – cnr Teague St & Axon St – (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')(Optus DSL Direct)
Vines – (PABX room) The Vines Resort Hotel
Wanneroo – 916 Wanneroo Rd – (iiNet)
Warnbro – Holcombe Rd (near Warnbro South Rd)
Wellington – 2nd floor, 639 Wellington St – WLTE – (Agile) (iiNet) (Primus) (Amnet)
Wembley – cnr Marlow St & Bournville St – (iiNet)
Wundowie – Boronia Ave (near fire station)
Wooroloo – Linley Valley Rd
Yanchep – Glenrothes Cr (oppos fire station)
York – Cnr Pool St and Suburban Rd – YORS

1His grammar is good, he clearly constructs computers from parts, I’ve never seen a below average intelligence individual do these things. Not to mention his wife is clearly educated invariably highly educated women do not marry unintelligent men.
This guy if he wants to stay in Perth must hide, staying at one company for 30 years or long is vastly more important than career progression.

2 Volunteering to see young athletic girls up close and to take pictures of them? This does not sound like repaying society to me, but simply getting sexual gratification.

Have to disagree with you about using computer building as a gauge of high intelligence.
It’s pretty much like putting together a lego set.
I’ve been building computers since I was a teenager, and it would be trivial for someone working in any sort of technical field.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that he was volunteering to get close to and photograph young girls?

Not all intelligent women have a good insight into men and not all are mentally that stable that they select mates of an equal status. You are outlining a perfect scenario. We also don't know if he built computers from scratch but we do know he purchased parts. It is pretty easy to fit a new graphics card, up some ram etc.

The attraction of little athletics could simply be a ruse to promote himself as "a good guy" and deflect any suspicion.

He doesn't seem like a very sophisticated guy. He didn't seem to care much for appearances in himself or his environment. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have an enormous IQ but likes to think he has and probably worked hard to convince others of that.

We are talking about a fairly long period of time. I think he may well have either contracted to Rio Tinto and/or BHP through Telstra, but before that he may well have been a common variety Telstra man, just working for Telstra and driving around Perth.
He still has a telstra van with a ladder on it out the front of his house = he is doing manual labor for telstra still, people are thinking too personally with this guy, put yourselves in his shoes, he wants to work nights, he wants to stay in a technician position, he wants to keep a low profile.

Have to disagree with you about using computer building as a gauge of high intelligence.
It’s pretty much like putting together a lego set.
I’ve been building computers since I was a teenager, and it would be trivial for someone working in any sort of technical field.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that he was volunteering to get close to and photograph young girls?

I agree with the part about computer building. It really is just like Lego. Any idiot can do it. I have known many people of sub normal intelligence who could put computers together.

Anyone considered why suspect had no kids of his own? It appears he met his partner not long after turning 30. Could he have had a fertility issue?
May not want to carry on his DNA, i suspect though he just had enormous social interaction issues. All viable reasons.

I agree with the part about computer building. It really is just like Lego. Any idiot can do it. I have known many people of sub normal intelligence who could put computers together.

Again never said high intelligence, said above average, so above standard. I've seen nothing to indicate below average intelligence from this guy.

Not saying he is super intelligent but like most serial killers above average intelligence.

I see your point but I do not agree that people with below average intelligence do not construct computers from parts. It is very easy and I have known many people to do it who are definitely of sub normal intelligence.
The same goes for the educated wife. Lots of highly educated women end up with much less intelligent spouses. It may be a self esteem thing - I.e a woman with low self esteem. Or it may be that the guy has some other qualities that make up for lack of education or lack of intelligence. Maybe the guy was good looking when he was younger or maybe the persona he presented to her was kind and supportive.

I do agree with your second point though. Coaching young children seems to be a great way for a pervert to spend time touching and photographing young children. In particular think of the recent cases in America about male gymnastics coaches who coach young girls and molest them.
I stress the point that not all coaches are perverts, plenty are there for genuine reasons. It is just an easy way for a pervert to get close to children and touch and photograph them with impunity.

Im currently rereading about the Claremont victims and friends of two of the girls are adamant that no matter how intoxicated they were,they wouldnt get into the car with someone they don't know.
The victims seem to be intelligent and educated women from quite well off backgrounds. I doubt they'd willingly accept a lift either now.
He's either blitzed them (as he seems to have done in the rape cases), or pretended to be the taxi they called.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
CG was fully aware of the CSK existence also. This is another furphy that gets thrown around, her mother 100% talked to her about it.
How did he get them to hop in and not scream?? This is why the taxi theory made so much sense.

once they sit in car, stun gun/knifsimilariliar and he is in full control

CG was fully aware of the CSK existence also. This is another furphy that gets thrown around, her mother 100% talked to her about it.
How did he get them to hop in and not scream?? This is why the taxi theory made so much sense.

once they sit in car, stun gun/knifsimilariliar and he is in full control

Perhaps he offered to wait with them for a taxi and then blitzed them. Or perhaps he just blitzed them. He could have been hiding nearby, waiting for the opportunity to present itself.

I see your point but I do not agree that people with below average intelligence do not construct computers from parts. It is very easy and I have known many people to do it who are definitely of sub normal intelligence.
The same goes for the educated wife. Lots of highly educated women end up with much less intelligent spouses. It may be a self esteem thing - I.e a woman with low self esteem. Or it may be that the guy has some other qualities that make up for lack of education or lack of intelligence. Maybe the guy was good looking when he was younger or maybe the persona he presented to her was kind and supportive.

I do agree with your second point though. Coaching young children seems to be a great way for a pervert to spend time touching and photographing young children. In particular think of the recent cases in America about male gymnastics coaches who coach young girls and molest them.
I stress the point that not all coaches are perverts, plenty are there for genuine reasons. It is just an easy way for a pervert to get close to children and touch and photograph them with impunity.

Most serial killers are around 95 to 110 on the IQ scale, I think that fits this guy, also white male, but not highly intelligent. I think based on what I have seen he is above 100 which makes him in general terms above average intelligence, again speculation based on the evidence I have seen.

Are these stats distorted based on the assumption that super intelligent serial killers are harder to catch, possibly?

Interesting article here for those interested in stats
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/a-surprising-look-at-the-average-serial-killer-2015-5

Most serial killers are around 95 to 110 on the IQ scale, I think that fits this guy, also white male, but not highly intelligent. I think based on what I have seen he is above 100 which makes him in general terms above average intelligence, again speculation based on the evidence I have seen.

Are these stats ditorted based on the assumption that super intellignet serial killers are harder to catch, possibly?

It is possible. I haven't seen samples of his writing. You mentioned he has decent grammar and so on? In my opinion good self expression through writing is a more reliable indicator that someone is of average or above average intelligence.

Perhaps he offered to wait with them for a taxi and then blitzed them. Or perhaps he just blitzed them. He could have been hiding nearby, waiting for the opportunity to present itself.

None of these girls were stupid but I lived in Claremont in the 90's, literally meters from the abduction sites, I know the area like the back of my hand and I can tell you some of the most intellectually intelligent girls living in that area were incredibly naive when it came to 'street smarts' If a telstra worker told her to get in, or the guy said he was a cop and told them to get in, I suspect many would comply with an authority figure.

Thing is CG seems like quite a strong independent women, she would be much less compliant than the other two we know about I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304