Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Aboriginal Legal Service funding his legal costs with a QC (SC) appointed so quickly? One more on the taxpayer? Few defendants can afford a QC.

If so, will the police and media AGAIN fail to make a link between black-on-white offences and race crimes?

Why would it be the ALS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the wrong place to discuss politics including anything racial or anything regarding the death penalty.

Is the Aboriginal Legal Service funding his legal costs with a QC (SC) appointed so quickly? One more on the taxpayer? Few defendants can afford a QC.

If so, will the police and media AGAIN fail to make a link between black-on-white offences and race crimes?

Why would the ALS be involved?

The association with ALS is from his Facebook which shows a S/W Aboriginal Group and a movie about an Aboriginal insurgent as his links.

Bart, you are wrong on all 3 counts.

(1) You brought up politics, I didn't. Would you excuse criminals from your side of politics then?

(2) Are you saying race crimes should be swept under the carpet?

(3) This does not involve the death penalty.

This is the thing: between finishing school in 85 and 2000, we don't know where he was exactly living, what he was doing or who his friends were...its a big black hole.
Yes good question

Thanks meticulously for the detailed list of events. Wow that's a lot of attacks!
And definitely see why taxi drivers were being investigated!
Im back to thinking he was impersonating a taxi driver...
Not long before the murders started 2 escape...maybe thats why he started killing them.
I dont think hes responsible for ALL of those..but I do think he probably was for most.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The association with ALS is from his Facebook which shows a S/W Aboriginal Group and a movie about an Aboriginal insurgent as his links.

(1) You brought up politics, I didn't. Would you excuse criminals from your side of politics then?

I think your making an assumption without considering our judicial system. If a person cannot afford or obtain a defence they are entitled to Legal services whether that be through the ALS or Legal aid. The whole point is a person is innocent until proven guilty and they should be afforded a right to a lawyer.

Secondly a QC may offer his services without payment ie pro bono for whatever reason that maybe. Without knowing all the facts I think we should refrain from making any conclusions.

I think most law firms would be keen to be involved in the biggest criminal trial in WA history.

There's also a good chance he's got a fair bit of coin - he bought his house in a cheap suburb pre-boom and he worked in a job that was actually quite high paying up until the recent workplace agreement changes. Telstra techs used to be on a bonus system - I know several that were making 100k plus in the late 00's.

I think most law firms would be keen to be involved in the biggest criminal trial in WA history.

There's also a good chance he's got a fair bit of coin - he bought his house in a cheap suburb pre-boom and he worked in a job that was actually quite high paying up until the recent workplace agreement changes. Telstra techs used to be on a bonus system - I know several that were making 100k plus in the late 00's.
Very low 100ks though, but your point still stands

Its a pretty big assumption that he is Aboriginal just because he liked a couple of pages on fb. Have you got any other information to substantiate your claim that he is engaged with the ALS?

Thanks meticulously for the detailed list of events. Wow that's a lot of attacks!
And definitely see why taxi drivers were being investigated!
Im back to thinking he was impersonating a taxi driver...
Not long before the murders started 2 escape...maybe thats why he started killing them.
I dont think hes responsible for ALL of those..but I do think he probably was for most.

It was bart who helped with the great detailed list thanks .
There was likely more perpetrators than just BE all alone imo . Wonder if the guys ever bumped into each other ?
The kimono incident mix up , & the two perpetrators ( be & dmasters ) in the vicinity , has become a bit more interesting with the "recent sex assaults" quoted , from newspaper article posted today/yesterday.

Him and his brother seem to have a lot of association with aboriginal people and people who work with them in particular. Lots of people in film and such in their circles too.
Who cares if he is aboriginal or getting assistance with lawyers for it. Everyone gets assistance with lawyers if they cant afford one aboriginal or not.

Very low 100ks though, but your point still stands

Yeah not much over but definitely a good wedge for the work involved. His place in 2000 can't have been much over $100,000 to purchase you wouldn't think.

Edit: Purchase price was $135k in 2000.

Him and his brother seem to have a lot of association with aboriginal people and people who work with them in particular. Lots of people in film and such in their circles too.
Who cares if he is aboriginal or getting assistance with lawyers for it. Everyone gets assistance with lawyers if they cant afford one aboriginal or not.

Barts original post regarding this topic suggests that this is a race crime. If substantiated, that brings an interesting twist to these crimes

Yeah not much over but definitely a good wedge for the work involved. His place in 2000 can't have been much over $100,000 to purchase you wouldn't think.
Would be more I'd guess. We sold in 93 in a very closeby area for 85k. 2000 I'd guess closer to 250ish

Barts original post regarding this topic suggests that this is a race crime. If substantiated, that brings an interesting twist to these crimes

Edit** sorry I mean cyberhound

Well I dont think his wife of 15 years plus was aboriginal.
I really didnt even consider a race crime. I'll be shocked if it is.
All entitled to opinions. Yes he definitely seems a big supporter of aboriginal culture but I dont see this being race motivated at all.

It was similar to today. Women knew it was dangerous to accept lifts just as much as today. The David and Catherine Birnie murders were just a few years earlier. There was plenty of crime around then.
Well, not really. The Birnies were a decade prior; Sarah was from the country and just eight or nine at the time. Jane might plausibly have met him earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288