Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say for certain, but I have worked with people from the same Telstra team as BE, and "programmer" refers to someone who programmed telephone systems (PABX, and later IPTel). It doesn't mean programmer in the traditional sense. Programming phone systems requires attention to detail and low-to-mid technical skill, but it's really configuration rather than coding.

That's not to say he couldn't program - I think someone mentioned he'd bought an Arduino board on eBay, which would at least indicate some interest in programming.

The websites he created were basic, and in themselves only indicate a lower level techincal ability.

I'm not really sure about serial killers being of a high IQ anyway. I am sure there is the research to say they do but equally, as tends to happen in research other statistics get overlooked to produce an outcome. BE spent long enough at Telstra and if he any drive towards technology, then he had 30 years to learn. You would hope after 30 years you would end up knowing a thing or two.

It's something that can be achieved by working in the industry for a long time, effort and application.

Also a trait that a person might have who plots to assault women over a period of time.

The website was basic in, not being that creative and not sure what he was using wordpress/joomla or similar which isn't hard. But websites arent his area. One thing though. They were neat and organised. For example using tables to store information about the committees throughout the years when really one PDF document would have sufficed. So he puts a lot of effort into technology just couldn't get off his arse to do his garden or maintain his house and cars.

Not 100% correct, the sealed asphalt ended not far past the CG dump site. The road then turned to a hard based limestone track before it started to become softer and then eventually sand dunes. Only the most serious 4x4 would attempt to go over the dunes. This spot was fairly busy with fishermen/campers who would be up at Alkimos for the weekend. I'm not 100% on this but I don't think at that time you could reach the beach between Quinns Rock and Yanchep without using Pippidinny Road, i.e. there wasn't another turning to the West off Wanneroo Rd between Hester and Yanchep Beach Road other than Pippidinny. This dump site was always intrigued me as Pippidinny was used by guys doing burnouts etc. and it was fairly busy over the Friday - Sunday with 4x4 drivers. If you had never been there or past there you would have no idea of the road/track. No way was it just an opportunist dump site. So I agree with you that he must have had fairly good knowledge of the area.

I would entirely agree with this summation!!

I think he knew it as a route to good fishing.

somebody has given him up
wife ........ evenmoney
daughter ........ 3\1
bro ......... 5\1
cobber ........ 10\1

I agree, the police have linked DNA to a series of crimes but how did the DNA lead them to BRE? He must have had DNA already in a database somewhere and for what?

Not much in the way of computer games back in his teenage years!! A Commodore 64 would have been a prized possession of only a privileged few.

Kids got outside in those days; played sports and perhaps cards or board games for indoor activities :)
I feel like the "old" continuity consultant!!

Gaming for geeks back in those days was dungeons and dragons. No offense to those who played but my neighbour did back in the 80s and god there were some weirdos at his place.

Ding Dong and CP345

You are absolutely correct! Haha
Showing my age here
I dont really follow sports of any sort so I wouldn't have a clue what was and wasnt shown here
Definitely right about the computer games and such-though he probably did whatever was closest to that sort of thing back then. Atari maybe?
It is probably quite unlikely with the Wade Buggs thing. Just fit well with Hasselhoff. Can also imagine BE being a bit of a drinker.
I'd love to know what Boggsy was referring too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

IIRC.......and this is purely from my memory of news reports at the time...KT was found by bushwalkers in the vicinity of Canning Dam....facedown, alongside a log.

There is very little on her body being found, I can't help but feel he's linked to this.

Does anyone know what school she went to? She lived in Bickley not sure where parents lived but based on she was coming over for dinner and changed her mind to go clubbing indicates she lived separately to her parents, could she have gone to Gosnells?

That would make her closer in age to BE younger brother and perhaps that familiarity is why she got into a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few thoughts - all 'MOO', 'IMHO', etc., of course:

* I just don't think he could've worked alone. I'm curious about the story of a woman escaping a taxi in which there were two people present which had an agenda for her (off to research). As well as the logistics of hiding a body, being on the lookout for passing cars, etc., that is one hell of a secret to harbour for all of these years. Could someone carry on about life knowing that they'd committed such heinous crimes? If he had worked alone, wouldn't he have felt tempted to tell someone, just one person, to alleviate the burden?

* What if he is genuinely mentally ill? He could well be schizophrenic - the voices told him to do it? And maybe he self-cured himself of it? Is that even possible? Well, according to quick Google search it is.

* What if he isn't mentally ill and pleads that way - he'll get to go off to some cushy psychiatric hospital for the rest of his days while those poor women and their friends and family continue to suffer.

He'll have a hard time proving diminished capacity IMO - too much planning and then being able to "retire" from his crimes for a number of years

The urban dictionary description for the term boggsy is really quite disturbing considering what he's been charged with

Theres also a YouTube channel by a simply Boggsy with mostly gaming vids

There is very little on her body being found, I can't help but feel he's linked to this.

Does anyone know what school she went to? She lived in Bickley not sure where parents lived but based on she was coming over for dinner and changed her mind to go clubbing indicates she lived separately to her parents, could she have gone to Gosnells?

That would make her closer in age to BE younger brother and perhaps that familiarity is why she got into a car.

She was reportedly hitchhiking home because she didn't have enough money for a cab. She presumably could have gotten in anyone's car based on these reports.

Ding Dong and CP345

You are absolutely correct! Haha
Showing my age here
I dont really follow sports of any sort so I wouldn't have a clue what was and wasnt shown here
Definitely right about the computer games and such-though he probably did whatever was closest to that sort of thing back then. Atari maybe?
It is probably quite unlikely with the Wade Buggs thing. Just fit well with Hasselhoff. Can also imagine BE being a bit of a drinker.
I'd love to know what Boggsy was referring too.

The Atari offered no way to role play and no social connection. Again, not meaning to offend but games such as dungeons and dragons and later online gaming forums are full of the socially inept trying to find a place to belong. There would be some involved who don't fit the category but if you want to generalise on that subset and their characteristics I think you'd find this a common theme.

I agree, the police have linked DNA to a series of crimes but how did the DNA lead them to BRE? He must have had DNA already in a database somewhere and for what?

I have previously theorised how they made the connection to BE in a few posts back.

[emoji888]but did he actually let her go in 95?
the way I read it was that he had "left her for dead"

[emoji887]

You shared my thoughts.

From my understanding, she was left for dead after being throttled. Pure speculation, but she may have pretended to be dead in order to make him feel the job was done.
She later arrived at Hollywood Hospital on Monash Avenue. I recall, as I went to school in the area in the 1990s, someone pointed at a spot just off Smythe Rd in KK and told me that was where the girl was raped. At the time there was no clear link to CSK so I just thought "well yeah...". The spot was very close to the hospital and the intersection between Monash and Smythe.

I don't think it would be right to say just because he raped and didn't kill on one occasion doesn't mean he hadn't done so before. I say this because it appears his primary motive was sexual gratification, possibly based on a brutal fetish. Therefore if he found a way to get this without killing, he may have done so feeling relieved he didn't have to commit murder.

You shared my thoughts.

From my understanding, she was left for dead after being throttled. Pure speculation, but she may have pretended to be dead in order to make him feel the job was done.
She later arrived at Hollywood Hospital on Monash Avenue. I recall, as I went to school in the area in the 1990s, someone pointed at a spot just off Smythe Rd in KK and told me that was where the girl was raped. At the time there was no clear link to CSK so I just thought "well yeah...". The spot was very close to the hospital and the intersection between Monash and Smythe.

I don't think it would be right to say just because he raped and didn't kill on one occasion doesn't mean he hadn't done so before. I say this because it appears his primary motive was sexual gratification, possibly based on a brutal fetish. Therefore if he found a way to get this without killing, he may have done so feeling relieved he didn't have to commit murder.

He covered her face to hide his identity so I think he didn't intend to kill her. What we don't know is if he did this to the others but killed them anyway.

POST, December 31, 2016 – Page 3

Home sold after Ciara abducted
http://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/311216.pdf

Bradley Robert Edwards (48) bought a home in Huntingdale’s Fountain Way three years after he allegedly indecently as- saulted an 18-year-old woman in the south-eastern suburb.
Mr Edwards and EC sold the Fountain Way property on April 2, 1997, the day before Ms Glennon’s body was discovered in Eglinton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradley Robert Edwards (48) bought a home in Huntingdale’s Fountain Way three years after he allegedly indecently as- saulted an 18-year-old woman in the south-eastern suburb.
Mr Edwards and EC sold the Fountain Way property on April 2, 1997, the day before Ms Glennon’s body was discovered in Eglinton.

Well that's interesting... wonder who that ownership partner was? Can't even tell if it's a male or female with that name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - those are shocking mistakes

Detectives missed three early opportunities that could have led them to the Claremont serial killer in the 1990s.

The first was clues left on the driver’s licence of a 17-year-old girl abducted and raped in 1995.

The second was when car upholstery samples recovered from the body of Jane Rimmer were sent to the wrong department of the Chemistry Centre in 1996;

and the third was a vital clue missed in forensic examination of the body of Ciara Glennon in 1997.

http://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/311216.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member