Found Deceased CO - David Puckett, 6, Aurora, 31 Dec 2016

We've lived in Colorado for 7 years now, and aldo do not mess with the screens. Last year we lived in a 100 year old house without central heating, and the thought didn't even occur to me then, either. But this year, we bought a new house in an area with insane wind. Like seriously 80 mph + winds, and we've considered removing the screens in the winter time, but only to protect them and keep them from blowing away. But still, I don't know a single person who removes screens and puts on different windows in the winter.

About a kid removing a screen: When my now 13 year old was 3, he did something (don't remember what) and I sent him to his room as punishment. He opened the window, pushed the screen out, and went into the backyard to play with the dogs. I remember being in the kitchen, looking outside, and being shocked he was out there. (And grateful his window was within the fenced area.). So IMO, it's totally plausible a 6 year old could climb out if my feisty 3 year old could.

School is back in session tomorrow. How great would it be for David to show up like normal and the whole thing ends up being a huge misunderstanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snipped for brevity. Sadly, no they won't search as long as it takes. They will search for awhile. I agree with another poster who noted that children can get FAR, FAR out of the range that is being searched. This child could be 20 miles away by now.

Especially if he was in a vehicle at any point.

This article says he has a slight learning disability and that the police doesn't have any information about the father. Sorry not quoting exactly... DH is snoring and distracting me ;)
https://www.google.com/amp/kdvr.com...r-old-boy-continues-monday/amp/?client=safari

I've got one of those, too...snoring DH. Hence, why I am still awake at this ungodly hour. Certainly makes for some long, noisy nights, doesn't it?

Hoping and praying today is the day this darling little boy is found...safe and sound!!

Hmmm, growing up in Mass, we always removed our screens and then washed them and put them back up in spring. Guess its not usual. Sorry.

I just came across this story while drinking coffee and scanning the net during the wee hours of the morning. I figured you guys would be all over it ...and you are.

Just working off of what I've read in the thread so far, it sounds like this started out with LE believing the kid just wandered off, but due to the searches coming up empty, they may now be under the assumption that he was either picked up by a stranger or went to someone's house he's familiar with. That may have a lot to do with why they issued an amber alert. The idea that he was picked up by a stranger is possible, but pretty unlikely.

I think it's more likely he curled up under something or inside of something and probably froze to death in his sleep. As usual, the tracking dogs and bloodhounds are proving to be completely useless. He wouldn't continue to hide after this amount of time if he was healthy and able. It sounds as if this time he wandered off just a little too far away and got turned around and lost. I think he'll be found within a 1/2 -1 mile of his house. He walked off just prior to or just after dark-thirty. He wouldn't have gone far, most kids are afraid of the dark and all of the spooky things associated with it.

Police also said someone outside the family had seen the boy the day he went missing, but McCoy did not elaborate on who that was or where or when the sighting was made.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/02/new-search-david-puckett-aurora-boy-missing/

For real ? This is not the time to act coy and play the secrecy game fellows.............tell the public everything they need to know in order to help figure out which way he may have gone......everything. !! That especially includes who last saw him and where...................un-freaking believable. Even when a little kid is missing they want to hold back information from the public..........

Glad you're here Steelman - I always enjoy reading your posts on these threads.

Not even being humorous, but these photos they've released are ridiculously sad - when trying to locate a missing child. Smh

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I was hoping to wake up and see that David was found. So sad. Yesterday I was hopeful, now not so much.

My son just turned 7 last week. We measured him yesterday and he was 51 inches which is 4 feet 3 inches. I think David's description could be accurate.

My son is 14 and is 4 feet 11 inches (he is very short for his age). Could be tall for his age.

I haven't been on Websleuths in a long time, but knew to come here for info about this missing child. I've read the whole thread, but am wondering if the neighborhood where David lives is in town? If he were able you'd think if any houses or people were around that he would have been spotted at some point. It's not common to see six year olds out wandering around alone, and surely he would have eventually realized he were lost. Do they think he could be in the woods or in town?

I haven't been on Websleuths in a long time, but knew to come here for info about this missing child. I've read the whole thread, but am wondering if the neighborhood where David lives is in town? If he were able you'd think if any houses or people were around that he would have been spotted at some point. It's not common to see six year olds out wandering around alone, and surely he would have eventually realized he were lost. Do they think he could be in the woods or in town?

I was wondering the same thing. This case reminds me of Noah Chamberlain who wandered away from his grandmother in the woods behind her house. It would be helpful to know what the surrounding area is like where David lives. It's just so strange that no one has spotted a 6 year old wandering around town in 3 days time, but if it's a heavily wooded area, it might make more sense. Though I can't for the life of me imagine a young child running off into the woods at night. You'd think that would be too scary for them.

I was hoping to wake up and see that David was found. So sad. Yesterday I was hopeful, now not so much.

Me too, I clicked on my subscriptions and closed my eyes tight, hoping for a Yellow 'Found Safe' Scared to see the Red 'Found Deceased'

Not sure how to feel seeing neither, as we head towards 4 days, I'm also reminded of Noah Chamberlain, so sad.

Where are you David?

Here is a map to help answer your question. His last known location has an icon on it (as far as we know, since LE wants to covet that information for some odd reason)

It is a highly populated area, but nearby there are some parks and a long narrow strip of land, purpose unknown.

Map here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...e26941fbb7e3d!8m2!3d39.6662818!4d-104.8052068

I think he hasn't been seen wandering for 3 days because he likely passed in the sub freezing temperatures on the first night. :(

It is certainly not common to see a 6 year old walking around alone. Several months ago, in San Francisco, I was driving to work and saw a kid around that age. He almost got hit by a car and appeared to be alone. I called 911 immediately. The way the streets were in that particular area, and traffic, it would have taken me a half hour to get to him.

I just woke to snow, not sure if its snowing in Aurora yet, but here we have a good blanket of snow, 27 degrees, and dropping.... At this point abduction is the only hope I feel he has. Allegedly we are in for some really cold air and storms for two to three more days, ending Friday. My hopes are fading....Poor little mite. IMHO

It's obvious that whoever is in charge went outside the "criteria" for an Amber Alert and I am so happy about that. I definitely think Amber Alerts for children need to be modified. Our own, Diana Alvarez, took four days before an Amber Alert was issued. She has never been found.

While I do understand the process, when it comes to small children disappearing from their homes... an immediate Amber Alert should go out. So many times precious minutes/hours/days are wasted on simply concentrating on family... which is also fine, but in so many cases I have seen... the children TRULY are missing. An Amber Alert attracts attention immediately and it's better to issue one just in case it really IS a child missing and family is not responsible.

I am very worried about little David. I don't know a lot of the details, but I know many are looking for this little guy and I will always hope for the best possible outcome.

I was wondering the same thing. This case reminds me of Noah Chamberlain who wandered away from his grandmother in the woods behind her house. It would be helpful to know what the surrounding area is like where David lives. It's just so strange that no one has spotted a 6 year old wandering around town in 3 days time, but if it's a heavily wooded area, it might make more sense. Though I can't for the life of me imagine a young child running off into the woods at night. You'd think that would be too scary for them.

This is the google streetview of the street David lives on https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@39.666216,-104.8048023,3a,75y,35.75h,76.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1IXaM2sVUZb3OyxvoHK3aA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I put together a map with the street at the center and 2 radius' around it https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ai_NM6q_sVprdMiaUAeT_Sy73Oc&usp=sharing

The initial 1/2 mile search radius and the expanded 2 1/2 mile search radius

davidmap.PNG

It's obvious that whoever is in charge went outside the "criteria" for an Amber Alert and I am so happy about that. I definitely think Amber Alerts for children need to be modified. Our own, Diana Alvarez, took four days before an Amber Alert was issued. She has never been found.

While I do understand the process, when it comes to small children disappearing from their homes... an immediate Amber Alert should go out. So many times precious minutes/hours/days are wasted on simply concentrating on family... which is also fine, but in so many cases I have seen... the children TRULY are missing. An Amber Alert attracts attention immediately and it's better to issue one just in case it really IS a child missing and family is not responsible.

I am very worried about little David. I don't know a lot of the details, but I know many are looking for this little guy and I will always hope for the best possible outcome.
I understand your reasoning but struggle with agreeing. Amber alerts are rare because it is rare for children to be abducted. In the majority of cases, it is someone close to the child and often unrelated to an abduction when a child goes missing. If amber alerts are issued immediately for every missing child report, they will risk losing the urgency factor and risk increasing community fear unnecessarily.

In this case, I'm wondering if the have additional info that points to possible abduction they aren't releasing. I also still wonder if there is more to the story in regards to family history.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288