Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

[FONT=&]Lance Williams became known as the chief suspect after he reportedly offered a lift to an undercover female police officer. The public continued to regard him as the chief suspect even after the taskforce obtained what they believed to be a DNA profile of the killer that could not have been Mr Williams, Christian said. Mr Williams’s family reportedly said police told them in 2008 he was no longer a person of interest. [/FONT]http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/0d0c376c27b649fad3d7ad1f8d65a815

If you hit the paywall ... story is titled "Claremont killings: cold cases reopened as police widen net" if you need to google it.

But Macro/WAPOL or whatever incarnation have never publicly ruled him out. There are media reports they have, and he may well have been ruled out, but police have never publicly acknowledged it.

As I said - some people interpret things how they would like them to be rather than how they actually are. Here's a few of many examples seen on this thread;

Rumour that digits were cut off = "it's a fact that police had a search warrant for body parts for PW's house"

Media says CSK might like to wash his car = "police found car cleaning liquid at the dump sites"

Some people tend to take a bit of licence when interpreting media articles and before long unsuspecting newcomers assume it as fact. It's one of the reasons why many a thread has been ruined.

Historic gravestone at Karrakatta indicates wealth in the family

Karakatta cemetery must have been a lightning rod for creeps - my sister-in-law was telling me she was ‘flashed’ in there when she 14 (in the ’80’s).

But Macro/WAPOL or whatever incarnation have never publicly ruled him out. There are media reports they have, and he may well have been ruled out, but police have never publicly acknowledged it.

With SS disappearance:
No body
No DNA
No witness
No weapon
No motive
No charges
No confession

Apart from a bona fide confession or correct conviction of SS assumed abductors/killer(s),
only a 100% proven alibi, would have current on the case police rule out (as potential suspects) any of the locals, or non-locals residing or happening to be near enough to the place SS was last seen at the time of her early morning disappearance.

Even if someone representing the police did privately rule out LW as a suspect years ago,
there is a different set of police on the case now, and they might have a different position from some of those on the case in earlier days.

If there is useable DNA in the hands of police, related to JR and CG, and it clearly does not match that of other suspects, then those suspects with no DNA match can be mostly ruled out, unless there is the possibility that there was more than 1 person responsible for the crime (can't be ruled out yet on the public evidence), and only 1 unexplained DNA on the victim. But only ruled out in relation to JR and CG. Leaving the fate of SS and who was involved in her tragic disappearance, up in the air.

Karakatta cemetery must have been a lightning rod for creeps - my sister-in-law was telling me she was ‘flashed’ in there when she 14 (in the ’80’s).

perhaps she was an early trial run

[emoji887]

Hi Sleuthers. I have read all 10 websleuth threads on this topic, and all related media articles since BRE was charged.
The one issue I have is the ongoing assumption that familial DNA was collected from an offending (male) relative or covertly through an RBT.

Familial DNA can be collected, with a warrant, from a female relative's pap smear i.e. mother, sister, etc.
Most women have pap smears every two years and tissue and blood is collected which obviously contains DNA.
You'd be surprised at the level of personal information the AFP has access to!
Collecting familial DNA and linking it to suspects is a relatively new technology, however.

Indeed, the BTK (Dennis Rader) serial killer was caught after police obtained a warrant to test DNA from his daughter's pap smear results. Prior to this, they had circumstantial evidence against him, but not enough for an arrest.
The Australian revealed the familial DNA technique was a key step (once all the other evidence was lined up) in identifying the CSK for police to make a confident arrest.
It's likely, as previously mentioned on here, that BRE was identified by the Huntingdale victim and on the police radar, but the familial DNA comparison then clinched the case.
All they they had to do then was get the DNA records from his mother or sister's next (or most recent) pap smear, raid his house, charge him and then finally test his DNA sample of course.

Just my informed opinion. I look forward to hearing more about the case if / when it goes to trial.

I have a couple of those at Karrakatta too, but not all wealth was distributed linearly or evenly and when my grandpa and manna divorced she was nothing and had to beg for handouts from the in laws, hence me being dragged over to Subside every time the rates came in. So I don't know if you can put much substance to how well off ancestors are. I know decedents of a lot of old families of Perth that are far from well off yet their ancestors were. I don't think BRE was motivated by wealth envy by choosing Claremont. I think it was familiarity and opportunities IMO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I have to agree, my mum was brought up in Mosman Park yet her parents ended up in Cloverdale and I was initially bought up in Bayswater. My great grandmother would have been considered middle class back in her day but her daughter and my mother were working class.

I think there is something with Claremont itself, either he is very familiar with the area maybe through work or he liked to go out there, or a trigger of some sort.

Article from 1988 Linking the kimino to a "brutal murder"
Does anyone have anymore information on this? I thought they only found the link recently?
2jcXvnf.jpg
A woman called Victoria Clarke was murdered in 1988 then this kimono was left at the attempted attack in huntingdale....they thought that it was perhaps the same person who murdered Victoria Clarke hence the title of the article. They have since charged a guy over Cictiria Clarkes murder and BE found responsible for the kimono attempted rape....so in the end they were unrelated.

this theory was floated in a previous post. I'm pretty sure Telstra techs don't (didn't, haven't,) installed CCTV, unless he was moonlighting.

Not to sound contentious but you said "pretty sure" Have you got definite evidence that this the case? If so could you please post back with them. Iam not doubting you but I do understand that electrical engineers do do CCTV instalments and maintenance. Iam not doubting that Telstra did not do CCTV's but just want to eliminate it as a possibility. I understand that Telstra was and always has been the go-to . Maybe Police wanted to get this thing completely correct and used the best and most reputable company at the time (Telstra)

It appears that account has recent activity, so I would not think it is BRE, unless he is allowed access to it while being in custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a playing partner or relative has got his access codes

Media says CSK might like to wash his car = "police found car cleaning liquid at the dump sites"

I'm of the opinion that multiple people were party to the dumping based on this comment, coupled with the line of business that a recently-mentioned and convicted lad was in.

I'm of the opinion that multiple people were party to the dumping based on this comment, coupled with the line of business that a recently-mentioned and convicted lad was in.

I also think there were more people involved at least in some of the cases, the selector, the catcher, the killer, the dumper. Some may have had multiple parts to play like a sick game of pass the parcel.

I also think there were more people involved at least in some of the cases, the selector, the catcher, the killer, the dumper. Some may have had multiple parts to play like a sick game of pass the parcel.

Yes I agree...someone else knows something..

For any disagreement on whether JR went to school at Hollywood Senior High School (Shenton Park), here's the proof that she did go there at some point.
This week post on Facebook 3 January 2017, 11:56pm that pretty much confirms it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2241761504/permalink/10154849605866505/
To Jane Rimmer although I did know you that well I can always remember you in Year 10 Ms Brock (eek I hope that is right) in the Caribou year
I will always remember Jane with vibrant cheeky laughter
RIP Jane

Noting that one of the entrances to Hollywood Senior High School (now demolished) is directly across the road (Smythe Road) from the back of Karrakatta Cemetery.

A recurring question on here seems to be 'Why Claremont?'.

Some thoughts on that. Aside from many of the other theories on here, I guess it's worth examining the night life areas in Perth in the mid to late 90;s;

1. Northbridge - The largest, central and most popular area. Nightclubs,pubs, restaurants, a few strip clubs. Would attract the largest numbers and probably the biggest melting pot.
2. Fremantle - Probably the second most popular area. Quite big and busy at weekends. Quite a mixed demographic again but probably mostly from the southern suburbs and coastal areas.
3. Subiaco. A smaller yet popular area. Reputation for being a little bit classier. A handful of pubs and clubs with restaurants.
4. Leederville. Once again a smaller area. Really popular midweek with the Hip-E Club and The Leederville Hotel being huge on Wednesdays. People from all over Perth would be there.
5. Claremont. A small yet popular nightspot. As Bart has already pointed out, predominantly people from the Western Suburbs with blow ins at Club Bay View from the unis.

So really, there are probably five main areas with a significant enough population for him to go out and select who he likes. I'd imagine that he'd remove Northbridge and possibly Fremantle because of the sheer numbers there. This would increase the chance of being sprung in the act. In Northbridge, whilst there are some secluded spots chances are that in most locations there are always people around. Fremantle is similar but probably to a lesser extent.

That leaves Subi, Leederville or Claremont.

This may potentially mean that his choice of 'hunting ground' comes down to a choice between three possible locations. It may have nothing to do with history or vendetta or some of the other theories and be a practical decision. Claremont is busy enough to offer the type of woman he is after but also becomes very leafy, suburban after a while and has plenty of spots where he isnt likely to be interrupted whilst attacking a victim.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Unsure what you mean here? How did you arrive at that opinion from my comment? And can you clarify who is the recently mentioned convict and what line of business he was in?

<modsnip> How did you come to form this opinion?

Honestly..Perth in general seemed to be a hot spot for creeps back then.

Or maybe it was just the 90s..had a few encounters with exhibitionists and flashers myself back then. I was only about 12!
I really dont get what these sickos achieve by this..but it worries me what they may have got up too since

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member