Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apropos of very little: Working occasionally with cable ties I can appreciate him being fussy about the ends being clipped off flat with the saddle of the tie. In a limited space you have a much reduced chance of being scratched by the clipped ends if they are flush and neat.

I'm suggesting he watched her leave. Grabbed his car then drove past offering a lift.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

newspaper reports in 1996 or was it 1997 (see if I can locate) detailed witness accounts given of a man who was offering lifts to various ladies at the time and stating he was a policeman's son. Also there was a post online (not here or BF) years ago in which a woman detailed that she had left Club Bayview at the same time as Sarah Spiers. She wrote that Sarah turned left (therefore heading for Stirling and the telephone booth) and that she had turned right on exiting the club and a man in vehicle offered her a lift. she declined. I would suggest and allege that BRE is this man.

Note that St Quentin Avenue was one way street with traffic only able to head west towards Stirling Road therefore it is likely (and I allege) that if this witness's account was truthful, she declined him and Sarah would have been his next target. Chilling to realize if the witness account is correct, he would have taken any available girl that terrible tragic fateful night.

WAPOL were advised of this witness's online post and it was subsequently removed from public view very quickly.

searching for another article, just found this article that was initially put up by Sutton in a very early thread. Woman had left club in Subiaco at 2am on Sunday 23 April 2006 walked along Hay Street towards Perth and searching for a taxi, abducted and viciously sexually assaulted by two men.

Rings alarm bells.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 136

Some thoughts;

1. A poster named something like "JusttheFacts" gave us warning about this. To that poster, thanks for posting and don't be a stranger.

2. Despite a two-decade long investigation into the murders, Mr Edwards came on to the radar of police only a matter of weeks before his arrest.

To get an arrest by TRG without interviewing him first I think it it's highly likely they had a DNA match.

3. Mr Edwards has also been charged with two sex attacks, including the rape of a 17-year-old girl who was abducted from a Claremont street in 1995.

<modsnip> I keep seeing talk that KK victim was "left for dead" meaning the CSK tried to murder her. If true he would have been charged with attempted murder.

this is amazing news! Wow! If they can at least match the fibres... Or better a trace of SS to put pressure on him to disclose where she is for her poor family's sake

just hope and with everything crossed that all the previous owners since Telstra have not been too finicky with detailing the vehicle. with today's forensic testing procedures even the smallest grain of pollen could nail him and needless to say the tiniest tiniest speck of dna from Sarah would be the end all of end all.

goosebumps and tears ! Karl's words are ringing in my ears....WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP !

. Also there was a post online (not here or BF) years ago in which a woman detailed that she had left Club Bayview at the same time as Sarah Spiers. She wrote that Sarah turned left (therefore heading for Stirling and the telephone booth) and that she had turned right on exiting the club and a man in vehicle offered her a lift. she declined. I would suggest and allege that BRE is this man.
I would suggest said BF is FOS and this same poster has kept returning time and time again with a new alias and new BS story that puts her close to the case.

WAPOL were advised of this witness's online post and it was subsequently removed from public view very quickly.
Yawn.

searching for another article, just found this article that was initially put up by Sutton in a very early thread. Woman had left club in Subiaco at 2am on Sunday 23 April 2006 walked along Hay Street towards Perth and searching for a taxi, abducted and viciously sexually assaulted by two men.

Rings alarm bells.
Such as?

Some thoughts;

1. A poster named something like "JusttheFacts" gave us warning about this. To that poster, thanks for posting and don't be a stranger.

2. Despite a two-decade long investigation into the murders, Mr Edwards came on to the radar of police only a matter of weeks before his arrest.

To get an arrest by TRG without interviewing him first I think it it's highly likely they had a DNA match.

3. Mr Edwards has also been charged with two sex attacks, including the rape of a 17-year-old girl who was abducted from a Claremont street in 1995.

<modsnip>I keep seeing talk that KK victim was "left for dead" meaning the CSK tried to murder her. If true he would have been charged with attempted murder.

yes I agree with you about the 'left for dead' quote. that is a good old Australian / English colloquialism which basically means 'left without any care'. He had stripped this victim of her clothing (newspaper article reports) and the description of 'left for dead' in newspaper articles suggests that perpetrator left the scene and she was left in a terrifying situation in the middle of a very dark cemetery.

What was the warning by poster justthefacts ?

Very interesting they state it was seized on same day as arrest. Police obviously had all their ducks in a row. Now they are deliberately permitting this in the media. They want the picture of the car publicised. Trigger memories of other potential victims?

Oh yeah it's brilliant and what else did WAPOL get up to on that day ! Media attention was focussed on Acton St and perhaps that's why they hit the place with TRG to draw attention away from other areas.

Oh yeah it's brilliant and what else did WAPOL get up to on that day ! Media attention was focussed on Acton St and perhaps that's why they hit the place with TRG to draw attention away from other areas.
So you're saying Acton St TRG was a deflection from the more important innocent dude who had unwittingly bought BE's car? Sounds legit.

Can someone please clarify what can and cannot be discussed in this thread in terms of affecting the court hearing?

Sub judice, from Latin meaning under judicial consideration, or under a judge. Violation of sub judice is basically contempt of court. While the principle applies primarily to journalists, anyone who disseminates information over the internet can be considered a journalist.

A couple of primers on the principle:

Ignorance isn't a defence against sub judice

Contempt & court reporting in Australia

Managing the Risk of Sub Judice Contempt

So, while the general public is allowed to have an opinion (freedom of speech), once an accused is under judicial consideration (arrested or charged, at times even when a search warrant is issued) that freedom can/will be tempered as it regards what might possibly constitute the dissemination of information prejudicial to a fair trial for the accused. (i.e. publicly discussing prior convictions is a big no-no).

Although Websleuths is a private forum based in the USA, it does not function under the laws that apply to all countries, but it does try to accommodate such laws. Content will be removed if it is determined there is a clear violation. WS will also comply with law enforcement and the judiciary if a request is received to remove information that is determined to violate sub judice.

A google of “sub judice” and Australia brings up a host of info:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q="sub+judice"+australia

Clear as mud?

If you see a post which you think might possibly violate sub judice, please use the little red triangle to Alert Mods/Admin, and we'll review it and make a decision.

:wave:

It would be great if people used a bit more common sense on these boards. I keep seeing talk that KK victim was "left for dead" meaning the CSK tried to murder her. If true he would have been charged with attempted murder.

Attempted murder is an incredibly difficult charge to prove. Police charge it a lot but it nearly always gets reduced to a lesser charge

This arrest looks to me like WAPOL had solid legal advice to guide it, to provide the best chance of evidence being admitted during a trial (which is why I don't like the familial DNA story). The legal advice would have been to only charge what is likely to be able to be proved; ie, not attempted murder.

Two guys pick up a girl in 2007 and rape her. Both have olive skin and are of european or arabic descent. Clearly it's not BE nor related to the CSK. How does this "ring alarm bells"?

2006 actually and no mention in article of ethnicity. woman may have calculated age incorrectly. i do note height of 183 cms is mentioned that is same height that Karrakatta perpetrator was considered to be.

BRE's skin may be olive toned. His brother's skin certainly is.

So you're saying Acton St TRG was a deflection from the more important innocent dude who had unwittingly bought BE's car? Sounds legit.

I am not inferring it was a deflection. I am inferring it may have been a deflection.

Attempted murder is an incredibly difficult charge to prove. Police charge it a lot but it nearly always gets reduced to a lesser charge

This arrest looks to me like WAPOL had solid legal advice to guide it, to provide the best chance of evidence being admitted during a trial (which is why I don't like the familial DNA story). The legal advice would have been to only charge what is likely to be able to be proved; ie, not attempted murder.
That's all well and good but;

1. As papertrail said "left for dead" is an Aussie term that comonly refers to being abandoned rather than literally left dying
2. The victim ran through the cemetery, across Smyth Rd and down Monash. Hardly the actions of someone near death
3. The CSK used a hood on the KK victim suggesting he didn't want to be identified because he had no intention of murder

The evidence strongly suggests he didn't try to murder her so it's frustrating when people keep bringing it up as the likely scenario. It's very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member