CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of the Town Hall story? The town had a meeting to discuss EAR, and one guy stood up said he wouldn't stand by helpless if his wife was getting raped. Him and his wife were found murdered couple of months later. Apparently EAR attended the meeting and heard the guy speak.

Is there truth to this story or was this just a urban legend?

i just read the book and it didnt mention that but i have heard that on the tv shows i dont know if its proven fact

i just saw the picture i disagree the picture i saw looked like him

attachment.php

Attachments

• ear.png
    ear.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 231
Has anyone heard of the Town Hall story? The town had a meeting to discuss EAR, and one guy stood up said he wouldn't stand by helpless if his wife was getting raped. Him and his wife were found murdered couple of months later. Apparently EAR attended the meeting and heard the guy speak.

Is there truth to this story or was this just a urban legend?
He and his wife were not found dead. This was at the time when he was only the East Area Rapist, not yet the Original Night Stalker. If I remember correctly, this was in Walnut Creek which is quite close to Rancho Cordova.

There are photos of the meeying. Many persons from the meeting have been ruled out as suspects. If you'd like to know more, I suggest you search the proboards. Also, I believe that this was around 8 months after the town meeting, so whether it was a coincidence or he was specifically targeted is something a lot of people on the proboards cant seem to agree on.

Edit: Actually, i'm not even sure that the mweting which the man was at was the one photographed and there is also quite a bit if discussion about that.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• EARmask-218x300.jpg
    EARmask-218x300.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 199
  • ear.png
    ear.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 204
Maggiore murder is very interesting.

Reasons it could have been done by EAR:
-Katie was said to have received hangup calls weeks prior to the murder. Which was one of the favorite hobbies of EAR.
-Shoelace with a knot was found near one the bodies.
-Katie felt she was being stalked by a person in a car.
-LE are very confident that he did it.

Reasons against:
-Murdering people in the open streets wasn't EAR's style. He usually plans everything beforehand, this attack seems reckless. Unless they recognized him or something and he had no choice but to kill them. But wouldn't he have been wearing his ski mask, covering his face? How could they have recognized him?

-It could have been done by some other random nutjob, and EAR who happened to be there at the time, knew he would be in trouble as well when the cops arrive, so he fled.

i think he died at some point most serial killers dont stop unless there caught hard to imagine he just stopped unless he had an accident
or got sick

He could have died while trying to enter someone's home. Shot by the homeowner. Or maybe the whole DNA thing spooked him into stop committing crimes and retire for good.

I still want to know what he was doing between 1981-86? Was he in prison for some other crime? settled down and had a family?

the reward of 50 grand is a joke up the reward and someone might come forward it needs more media attention maybe if he rapes kim kardashian
the media might care
started a family with what he was packing i doubt it

I'm thinking maybe I should consult with Mr Questor re my person of interest (back 1/2 dozen or so pages if you missed it), but the 'contact' link on his site is f'd.

Anyone know how I can contact him? Also, anyone know how I can get a hold of Crompton, Shelby, Pool, etc., I would be most grateful.

I'm thinking maybe I should consult with Mr Questor re my person of interest (back 1/2 dozen or so pages if you missed it), but the 'contact' link on his site is f'd.

Anyone know how I can contact him? Also, anyone know how I can get a hold of Crompton, Shelby, Pool, etc., I would be most grateful.

He appears to have a public facebook page.

how did you find your poi? can I see a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa