What do you think the Ramsey's original plan was...

PR is lying when she says she thinks she asked FW to fetch some wine from the WC on the Dec. 13th party. He didn't know where the light switch was on the morning that he looked in there and did not see JBR. He had never been there before.

Disagree on this one small point, Tea Time. IIRC, The Rams had taken wine upstairs but needed more, and FW was asked to fetch it. From other stories and PR's interviews, we know the family were hopeless about turning lights off, so it's entirely possible that the light in the wine cellar was already on when FW went down for the wine - possible and even likely, given that that part of the basement was relatively dark. IMO, FW hadn't needed to turn the light on that night, and that's why he didn't know where the switch was on the 26th.

If I remember rightly the room where JBR's body was found was never used to store wine by the Ramseys (JR had intended to convert it at a later time).

The room was dubbed 'the wine cellar' by police, simply in order to make it distinguishable from all the other rooms in the basement. I think that is what ST said in his book.

So when FW went down to get more wine it probably wasn't from that little room.

I hope the find all the murderers and missing people. I also hope justice is served soon.

I wouldn't call Don a Fat Cat. He and Nedra were coerced to finance JR and PR's entrepreneurial adventure with their life savings through PR's threats that they would never see the baby she was carrying - she wasn't pregnant - but it worked. I can only assume that the loan was repaid at some point when JR became successful but in the meanwhile JR paid the rental on the north Atlanta home where the Paughs lived. It was in somewhere off Sandy Springs Rd., but closer to Dunwoody than Sandy Springs. It was a rental which was in contravention to the homeowner's association rules and strictly forbidden.

Lucinda's niece was married to JR's nephew, Jeff Ramsey, but went by Paugh, which was pronounced Bourg at that time to pretend that the Paughs were just one family.

They were odd even then.

"No damn kidding!"

TeaTime, this post bowled me over! :crosseyed: Wherever did you get the info?

If I remember rightly the room where JBR's body was found was never used to store wine by the Ramseys (JR had intended to convert it at a later time).

The room was dubbed 'the wine cellar' by police, simply in order to make it distinguishable from all the other rooms in the basement. I think that is what ST said in his book.

So when FW went down to get more wine it probably wasn't from that little room.

Ah. Thanks for this Miz A.

Lucinda's niece was married to JR's nephew, Jeff Ramsey, but went by Paugh, which was pronounced Bourg at that time to pretend that the Paughs were just one family.

I'm trying to figure out how Paugh can be pronounced Bourg.

I had assumed it was pronounced Paw - or even Pew (as in Pugh)

They probably would have frenchified it if they could, but there's not much you can do with a name like Paugh is there?

Disagree on this one small point, Tea Time. IIRC, The Rams had taken wine upstairs but needed more, and FW was asked to fetch it. From other stories and PR's interviews, we know the family were hopeless about turning lights off, so it's entirely possible that the light in the wine cellar was already on when FW went down for the wine - possible and even likely, given that that part of the basement was relatively dark. IMO, FW hadn't needed to turn the light on that night, and that's why he didn't know where the switch was on the 26th.

Also, the wine may not have have been in the wine cellar.

Also, the wine may not have have been in the wine cellar.

Right, ElleElle. That's what Miz Adventure also pointed out to me. I've always been biased in favor of FW with respect to the light switch question, but the question is moot if the wine wasn't in the cellar, or he was never sent to fetch more! And come to think of it, if extra wine was on hand, it makes much more sense that it would have been kept in the garage or the butler's pantry. Boy, those Rams, controlling the narrative like that! I now think TeaTime was correct to say PR was lying about the WC. I was so wrong >sob!<

I think key parts of their plan were revealed in the war-and-peace ransom note, which I firmly believe PR wrote.

First, is the line that mentions "bring an adequate size attache" to the bank. I believe at the time the RN was written, the plan was to get JB out of the home in the blue suitcase that reportedly belonged to JAR. It doesn't matter that she wouldn't fit inside, I think that was PR's plan.

Next, notice that the RN states the kidnappers would call between 8 and 10 "tomorrow", with "tomorrow" apparently referring to December 26. The RN then states "if we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence, a early pick-up of your daughter". This line seems to encourage John to get going early....what PR failed to consider when she was writing this line is how many banks open before 8 AM?

But she was thinking ahead. I believe she thought this line would give John an excuse to get the body out of the house very early. I should mention here that I believe it's significant that JR is the only one who'd taken a shower, as I believe he did the clean-up and most of the staging, while PR was trying to pull herself together, script a somewhat believable fake crime and write the RN. Anyway, I think PR wrote the above quote from the RN as an excuse for John to leave very early in the morning, and I believe she wrote line about the attache to give him an excuse for leaving with that suitcase in hand, should any neighbors happen to see him leaving.

I think the plan was for JR to leave with her and dump the body somewhere that it would be quickly found, then drive to the bank where he'd be waiting when bank employees get to work. He'd then go inside with the blue suitcase to make sure bank employees seen him with it. Then stop at a pay phone (remember those?) very close to where he dumped the body and place a call to his house. That way if police trace calls into the home, they have a good lead on where to go. JR would then dump the blue suitcase, (which would have her hair, clothing fibers, DNA, blood, whatever else inside) and go home.

Once JR returned home, all they'd have to do (in theory) would be call police, and show them the RN. They'd then state JR had went to the bank and gotten the money, which could be corroborated by bank employees, and claim they'd received a call for him to drop the money, which could be verified by John's pay phone phantom call should a trace be made. Then claim that JR took the money where he was told, but they never got JB back.

This is my personal theory that I came up with after studying what I could find on Patsy. I believe, for one reason or another, that Patsy panicked while John was showering before this plan could be set in motion, at which time she called police...and everyone she knew.

Free safety. You have a very interesting theory of the plan, indeed. So you think PR backed out on the idea of dumping her child's body and called 911 instead, blowing up the whole plan. Hmmm.

Would a child even fit in that suitcase? To me, the suitcase is just a suitcase among the rubble in the basement and played no part in the crime.

Hi TeaTime,

Still hoping for a reply to my question at #144, if you can get to it. TIA…

M.

FreeSafety...

Elements of your theory fit my original one.

I'm hoping that one day we might get all the pieces of the jigsaw to fit.

Free safety. You have a very interesting theory of the plan, indeed. So you think PR backed out on the idea of dumping her child's body and called 911 instead, blowing up the whole plan. Hmmm.

Would a child even fit in that suitcase? To me, the suitcase is just a suitcase among the rubble in the basement and played no part in the crime.

Not a child of 6 years old, no, but the fact that it wouldn't work doesn't cause me to change my mind about that being her plan. The mention of the "adequate sized attache" is key, in my opinion. Seriously, $118,000 isn't that much money, and the note said $100k in $100 bills and the remaining $18k in $20 bills. That's 1,900 bills. If you put bills in stacks of 50, you'd need 38 stacks. That amount of bills would fit in almost any size case. Just my theory though, who knows.

Before the Ramsey's even knew what their original plan was I bet they knew it was goin to involve them bein in bed asleep. That part of the plan would require a dark house. Maybe Jonbenet did scream. They would have shut out all the lights immediately for fear of someone havin heard or maybe even so that Burke would know as little as possible. Its at this point Burke would have been put to bed with a flashlight, not before.(who puts their kids to bed with a flashlight without a reason? This makes no sense.) Jonbenet may have been quickly placed in her bed so the Ramsey's could assess the situation. Then they realized the law wasn't comin, Jonbenet wasn't goin to be alright, and they weren't just goin to call 911 like they should have. Its was then that the Ramsey's started hatchin their little plan.

Before the Ramsey's even knew what their original plan was I bet they knew it was goin to involve them bein in bed asleep. That part of the plan would require a dark house. Maybe Jonbenet did scream. They would have shut out all the lights immediately for fear of someone havin heard or maybe even so that Burke would know as little as possible. Its at this point Burke would have been put to bed with a flashlight, not before.(who puts their kids to bed with a flashlight without a reason? This makes no sense.) Jonbenet may have been quickly placed in her bed so the Ramsey's could assess the situation. Then they realized the law wasn't comin, Jonbenet wasn't goin to be alright, and they weren't just goin to call 911 like they should have. Its was then that the Ramsey's started hatchin their little plan.

You haven't explained why JBR would have screamed.

You haven't explained why JBR would have screamed.

You could omit the part about Jonbenet screamin and the rest still be relevant. It could fit into almost any theory. The part that interests me most is Burke being put to bed with a flashlight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back