GUILTY OH - Ashley Zhao, 5, Jackson Township, 10 Jan 2017

I take my grandkids to work, 2 are school age, so just when their home sick from school or on a school break. The other 1 just turned 4 and I take him at least once a week. Have a room set up, feed him lunch and he has gone after lunch and taken a 3-4 hour nap, this is a kid who has not napped at home since he was 2. I try to check on him often, but at 4 he's capable of coming to where I am. He's also an escape artist, so the door leading outside is locked and has a chime connected to the alarm system.

If this is legit I feel bad for the parents, we don't always think in advance of safety issues.

I went to work with my mo growing up. I did have a room with toys, snacks, and such. But I never went 4 hours without anyone seeing me. I just think it's so odd, no one has reported seeing her. There are strip shopping on both sides of the road, it seems like there would have been people around during that time. It's also wooded, though. I don't know, 5 years old (JUST turned 5) seems young to not seek out someone for something for 4 hours. That's just such huge gap to be anywhere. :( I hope that she is found. Poor little one.

Update posted two hours ago....

Amani Abraham ‏@AmaniAbraham [video=twitter;818888887556853761]https://twitter.com/AmaniAbraham/status/818888887556853761[/video]

UPDATE: Jackson Twp Police Chief Mark Brink on the search for Ashley Zhao, 5, who was last seen at Ang's Asian Cuisine Monday. @wkyc

Hello. I don't post often, but this is very local to me and I just drove through the parking lot where Ang's is located and took a few photos. Not much to see as everything is blocked off and the windows are now covered up so no one can see inside. Decent sized police presence. I'm not sure exactly how I can help, but if anyone has any questions about location or anything like that, I'm here. I sure hope she is ok.

In the video of the relative...he makes it sound like he hasn't talked to her parents yet today and he's having trouble getting a hold on them. Does that mean they are likely somewhere answering questions, I wonder?

Did they do a reverse 911 to have people look for her?

This case makes me furious:mad:

So she went to nap at 5. Mom went at 9 to check on her. When would she eat dinner? Isn't that a odd time to nap? Not blaming parents at all I just find that odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been so cold here. Poor girl, I hope she's found safe and soon.

Is there snow on the ground there?

ETA: And if so, is it the fluffy kind that would show footprints?

Did they do a reverse 911 to have people look for her?

This case makes me furious:mad:

Have they even been letting volunteers search for her? It just doesn't seem like very much effort has been put into this search compared to other cases I've followed here.

Is there snow on the ground there?

There is snow, but it's patchy. The parking lot is clear of snow but I would think if she went into the woods or towards any grassy area there would at least be a few little footprints if not partial prints. But it is patchy as it rained a lot last night and it is warming up. Also currently raining.

Update posted two hours ago....

Amani Abraham ‏@AmaniAbraham [video=twitter;818888887556853761]https://twitter.com/AmaniAbraham/status/818888887556853761[/video]

UPDATE: Jackson Twp Police Chief Mark Brink on the search for Ashley Zhao, 5, who was last seen at Ang's Asian Cuisine Monday. @wkyc

About 45 seconds into the video, there was a question about possible footprints in the snow.
If there were snow coming down or laying on the ground, a child may venture out to play in it.
How much snow did they get?
I wonder what shade of purple her coat was? If it was bright purple, it would show up easier than a pale lilac color would.

Another one. Oy. Catching up now. I hope you're found safe and warm, soon, Ashley.

Have they even been letting volunteers search for her? It just doesn't seem like very much effort has been put into this search compared to other cases I've followed here.
Last I read, no. I feel like LE is not sharing everything they know. 😐

I hope they've checked all the little crawlspaces and nooks in that building. Anywhere a child could hide or be stuck. I guess the rain would make tracking dogs useless.

Hi everyone. I grew up local to this (Massillon, the city next to the township of Jackson. It's all very close), although I live far from there now. Scary when it's a place you know well that something like this happens! That strip and shopping area was built when I was a teen and I spent a lot of time there.

I wonder if the restruant had any security camreas.... The police could pull up the film and see if anyone was looking suspicious in the restraunt at the time she went missing

Just saw on the news she was found deceased. :( I will look for an article to post.

The Canton Repository keeps posting live stuff on Facebook, it it ok to link to those or is it against the rules?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back