Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Claremont's doorway as seen on CCTV is obviously for hotel patron access -
is it the only point of access available to hotel patrons?

Surely there would have to be other entrance/exits for OHS reasons,
even if those exits were only available for public use in case of an emergency?

potr mentions "the rear or side delivery door"

can someone please clarify:
1.)did the establishment have its own carpark for patrons?

2.)did the establishment perhaps have a small carpark available only to staff?

3.)how many points of entrance/exit in total did the Claremont have?
*please include any that may have specifically been used only by hotel staff, or for deliveries

TiA

^ I would be particularly interested in any CCTV from these areas !

[emoji887]

There was and still is only one entry / exit for the public. It is the one covered by the security vision released.

If you walk towards the back of the ground floor there is a non descript door on the back wall, not too far from where the toilets are. This door leads to a small storage area and an external staircase. The storage area leads out to a well hidden car park (from the street anyway) which is behind the bottle shop which faces grugeri street. This wasn't a public carpark and to be honest I doubt that many people knew about it except staff. There is only room for a few cars.

There wasn't a public carpark as such but what served as parking for the train during the day was where everyone parked at night. It was along the other side of grugeri street and was like a compacted gravel from memory. Punters parked nose or tail in towords the railway line fence.

Im confused.
JR does have her hair out in the cctv. She flips it over her shoulder at least once.
Im undecided if 2nd pic IS her..but with all the editing color and changes made it could well be.
Certainly looks like MM there.
Whats he even doing? Drinking or taking photos?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
i'd say just dialling a number or checking his mobile phone. Don't know if you could send/receive sms back then

Why would he walk back the way he just came from?
She seemed to be waiting for him and was happy when he appeared. Was looking in the direction he came from then focused on the hotel entrance after he walked past.
I think its more likely he walked into the hotel after that,pretended to look for a friend,stuck his head out door to check Jane was still there then walked back past her and said he was getting his car or something . Not sure why she didnt leave with him. Maybe he told her to wait there and he'd bring the car around to get her.

Maybe she didnt know him at all and he'd been observing her from somewhere nearby and he just came up making jokes about picking up his drunk friend. Offered her a lift on the way back past because hes helpful like that no doubt

I still believe she was waiting for him. Prearranged from earlier in the night

Of course your scenario is likely too.

I am interpreting it was MM walking back the same way he came, as at 26 sec on the CCTV footage (in the Claremont Killings CCTV footage released one) she bends around the pole toward him, IMO to see potential MM walk around the corner and possibly out of sight. If that were the case he couldn't have been in the hotel then. But who was?

i'd say just dialling a number or checking his mobile phone. Don't know if you could send/receive sms back then

I remember getting access to SMS in Perth in early 1999. It was a big deal back then. Not available in 97 to my knowledge.

IMO, Claremont got too hot, most likely, but then he would've moved onto other pastures. Maybe he bought a computer and found BDSM, swingers or dogging groups and other ways contact and meet willing girls for sex to fulfill his appetites or fantasies legitimately? The internet was in it's infancy in 97, and most of it was *advertiser censored* and hook up sites. And also, didn't the Langtrees owner start some sort of club called Hungry Girls or something about then that was reported in a press interview with Mary Anne Kenworthy? Can anyone find out when?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

What's a "dogging group" ?

there is a profile on a computer gaming site online that lists the specifics of his PC. my laptop is running too slow just now cos I have poker open, but if you can't find it, I'll take a look after.
I think you are talking about an old post and older machine.The computer they took looked like a regular gaming machine. Sophisticated is a server, gaming machine is a hobbyist who likes funky boxes and pretty LED lights.

Of course your scenario is likely too.

I am interpreting it was MM walking back the same way he came, as at 26 sec on the CCTV footage (in the Claremont Killings CCTV footage released one) she bends around the pole toward him, IMO to see potential MM walk around the corner and possibly out of sight. If that were the case he couldn't have been in the hotel then. But who was?
The guy who peeked out the door Im thinking. Thats the point she started walking towards the door.
Whatever the theory ,one thing is sure-she was waiting for someone that night or she would have got in a taxi

While JR is waiting and looking at her watch, a car appears behind her. She doesn't acknowledge it. Based on this I don't think she was waiting for a ride. If you were out there waiting to be picked up you would naturally turn when you hear a car approaching.
As
I stated in a previous thread I believe that that the suspect had something to do with the installation and maintenance of the cctv and may nave had sound knowledge of the angles and timing of the cameras and had syncronised his watch to the minute, with the cameras,. I think why Jane keeps looking at her watch is the suspect had given her an exact time to be picked up. IMO

Not sure if this has been posted, but here is the latest edition of The Post --> https://postnewspapers.com.au

In line with my previous suspicions, looks like WAPOL is trawling through historic reports involving women clothing theft in Perth.

Specific reference is made to a 1988 report of theft of women's clothing in Huntingdale and police are seeking a Floreat man for more information.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just thought I would share this while I'm on my way home from work in Melbourne. These are sporadically around the city. A safe place to get a taxi. Would be good to have in all hot nightspots!

b4605abbd2aea71256b1c4837d5d6b0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those with ideas about the CCTV, I would be grateful if you could provide:
1) link to the YouTube clip, as there are several which contain differing footage
2) your suspicions/incidents
3) the CCTV time stamp that your incident takes place
4) the YouTube min:sec so we can easily match up times to incidents if CCTV timestamps aren't clear or available.

As I'm trying to see the incidents you are talking about but can't see it in the videos I'm watching. Thanks!

Just thought I would share this while I'm on my way home from work in Melbourne. These are sporadically around the city. A safe place to get a taxi. Would be good to have in all hot nightspots!

b4605abbd2aea71256b1c4837d5d6b0e.jpg

What a wonderful idea! Doubt we'll get it here for a long time, too costly for little WA I would think.

There was and still is only one entry / exit for the public. It is the one covered by the security vision released.

If you walk towards the back of the ground floor there is a non descript door on the back wall, not too far from where the toilets are. This door leads to a small storage area and an external staircase. The storage area leads out to a well hidden car park (from the street anyway) which is behind the bottle shop which faces grugeri street. This wasn't a public carpark and to be honest I doubt that many people knew about it except staff. There is only room for a few cars.

There wasn't a public carpark as such but what served as parking for the train during the day was where everyone parked at night. It was along the other side of grugeri street and was like a compacted gravel from memory. Punters parked nose or tail in towords the railway line fence.

People also parked at the Coles/Coles Fossey/Target car park which was at the rear of Coles not far from the bottle shop.

There is also an emergency button and when pressed it activates cctv.

These are fantastic.
Seen red panic button type things in SouthBank in Brisbane about 8 years ago. Quite necessary as it was so dark and isolated in most areas around there

attachment.php

JR clothes. JR had her own black/navy blue jacket. And one of those 'satchel' bags I mentioned in a previous post 1365 Thread 10.

Wow - I didn't realise her top was dark - the footage looks like she is wearing a long sleeved light coloured blouse. Could MM's clothes therefore be a different colour?

Also, were the clothes and bag found with Jane (please don't ask me to search lol, just if anyone knows) or are all her clothes, bag, shoes as shown in the pictures here also missing as well? Is this general knowledge? And what else is missing?

I know they were looking for Sarah's sunflower key ring and Ciara's Claddagh brooch, but just wondering which of Jane's possessions were missing?

It's not hard to hide your identity at all, it's as simple as downloading TOR client and a VPN (the vpn can either be paid or free versions offering less bandwidth) then boom you login from Perth and your filtered through a few countries and come out on the other end as showing from Portugal etc and it is SUPER hard to trace, no expertise needed other than downloading and following instructions.

Thanks for response. Wow I had NFI it was that simple to hide online. God only knows what he was looking at online. Yuck.

After reading several books on the Peter Sutcliffe over the last couple of months it wouldn't surprise me if he had never stopped. The police during the Yorkshire Ripper killings dismissed many killings from across England because they weren't in the general area of West Yorkshire even though the killings matched the MO. His MO then changed and the police again were unable to link several killings until he confessed to them.

In reality many people have gone missing from Perth over the last 20 years. Who is to say that BRE isn't involved? This argument that SK don't change MO's or killing areas is false.

I agree, the police have stated they're looking into sixteen other events in relation to BRE. We already know he in the least was evolving over years from snow dropping to breaking into people's houses and molesting sleeping women to abduction rape but letting them live to three murders. He got away with it for a long time and imo it's naive to think these are the only crimes he committed.

What about this door in the picture?

attachment.php

Whenever I went to the Claremont it always looked like a good place to get in and out of the place. Not much stopping you if you wanted to use it as an exit.

Maybe I'm wrong though its been awhile since Ive been there.

Attachments

• Claremont Hotel - Perth West - Perth_original.jpg
    Claremont Hotel - Perth West - Perth_original.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 396
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics