TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local here, checking in but there was a huge number of posts since the last time I checked so forgive me if these things have already been said...the story that Nancy Grace is reporting on her blog is one that has been floating around town for awhile so I don't think it was leaked by LE, its not as new as Nancy Grace is trying to make it seem....I glanced at some of the posts trying to find the end of this thread and I actually think I saw someone discussing this in fall..the idea that it was a spouse who didn't want his wife doing the bootcamp....the story was that a family member reported a man (former LE) actin wierd....this person did not approve of MB's friendship with his wife...it was a good story at the time bc the person fit the description of the killer and may have had access to the type clothes worn by SP but LE had this guy's name in fall... and that is why I think the source for her story is NOT LE....the person makes it sound like its a hot tip and its not...plus the rumor is that SP left behind some form of DNA....dont know how as they appeared to be totally covered....so each POI...including the former LE...were DNA tested except two who refused the test....this made police think it was them since they refused... but I think they have since backed off that theory....and they have lawyered up trying to clear their names....I think that secretly most in town now think it was someone connected to BB...we want to hope that it's not but it really points to him....convenently out of town...not upset about the murder...messed up marriage...a big money family business that may be effected by their divorce... also the fact that he still lives here...if your wife was brutally murdered and no one knew why....wouldn't you take your children and go into hiding... Nancy Grace's podcast wants to point to the fact that only a person in LE would think to dress up in swat gear but that is not true....I have pointed out before the similarities to another high profile case here in Texas....a man who decided to seek revenge on a DA and prosecutor...that guy Eric somethingoranother, actually murdered two of his victims by dressing up as a swat guy, almost the same outfit...he bought a cheap getaway car and stored it and his swat gear in a nearby storage place. He was only caught cause he kept messing with LE....it just seems to me someone saw that story and used it....I would say the feeling here is hopelessness and disgust that it is a cold case.
I have a couple thoughts about the individuals connected to LE. I wonder if they were tripped up by being connected even slightly to the stolen weapons incident at the Ellis County Sheriffs. There was SW which i assumed was for the weapon which was said to belong to MB.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...tenant-allegedly-stole-guns-from-evidence-roo

Tried twice to edit my above post but it wouldn't let me, weird. What I wanted to add is: it appears he's looking out the front passenger side window. Does anyone know what direction that is, and if it would include the church? TIA
I believe the capture is from a camera on the east side of SWFA so Creekside would be in the direction of the front window passenger side. The airport would be in the direction of the passenger window I believe.

The ones that lawyered up were not doing so as a criminal defense but trying to stop rampant rumors about them...they are two connected people named on SW and seemed to be very viable suspects early on...on those tacky fb groups they were being named and harassed....that part is not a rumor, its true...but the word on the street that they refused the dna test could be false...still I would be really happy if they solved this case but also really surprised at this point.

When do you think LE last uncovered information that was new to them? July? It seems they have had all of this information for a long time. If they haven't had enough evidence to charge anyone at this point, how are they going to get any additional evidence? (not really a question directed at you... I appreciate your local insight).

Wasn't there a report very early on that there was a car parked in the church lot but was too far from the camera to be identified?

Anyone remember that? Was that car seen before Missy arrived to church AND/OR after?

I guess I'm asking....could that be the Altima?

(Sorry if this is way off base. I took a long break from this case and am just coming back to it.)

tia. jmo.
You are correct, that was said in a police presser
ETA: MPD said there was a car parked in the lot that was too far too be identified. Unknown if it was the poi vehicle.

It's been a really long time....talk about it started dying down in the summer....I think one of two things happened: either LE got tighter about information leaking out (made officers stop telling their spouses) or there has just been nothing to talk about since then...I saw only one person share that NG story....people have moved on, if you can believe it...though every now and again someone will say in disgust that they can't believe its not solved I haven't heard any new information in a long time and this is a very gossipy town....so I don't think they have any new evidence...I read somewhere that they said something like "a break in the case will come from a lead that we have not received yet"....it may have been in that people magazine story or a throwaway press release they issued in the fall.

I don't know for sure but I don't think so...the sheriff's office here is always in some sort of scandal....it seems real political so if there was a connection to that the Ellis County Citizen would be all over it...they love breaking sheriff office scandals....

One other thing I want to say....just my own observation...many people have said that if it were a hired killer they would just drive up and shoot her...and I thought that too...beating to death seems so intimate...but then I thought about it another way...its true that a trained killer would want to be efficient but using a weapon that never left the crime scene (wasnt brought in and wasnt taken out) would give you a better shot of not being traced...and if you were a hired killer, wouldn't you be cold blooded enough to beat someone to death with a hammer...I mean you already agreed to murder a stranger....just a thought. For a long time I thought it was a jealous spouse because it seems like a crime of passion but now I think that the hammer was just convenient and the swat uniform was to have authority over her so that she would lie down and allow them to use whatever they could find to kill her.

Idk, I just can't see a hired killer walking on to a job with no weapon. Seems risky. What if the church didn't keep tools onsite?

One other thing I want to say....just my own observation...many people have said that if it were a hired killer they would just drive up and shoot her...and I thought that too...beating to death seems so intimate...but then I thought about it another way...its true that a trained killer would want to be efficient but using a weapon that never left the crime scene (wasnt brought in and wasnt taken out) would give you a better shot of not being traced...and if you were a hired killer, wouldn't you be cold blooded enough to beat someone to death with a hammer...I mean you already agreed to murder a stranger....just a thought. For a long time I thought it was a jealous spouse because it seems like a crime of passion but now I think that the hammer was just convenient and the swat uniform was to have authority over her so that she would lie down and allow them to use whatever they could find to kill her.

If the Altima is SP or a co-conspirator, arriving very early could suggest they are from out of town and not familiar with 287, CoC and SWFA. Also, driving around to the loading dock side to check for a private security car or guard, or to see if anyone works there overnight, or some cop naps back there in his car for his 30 minute break. Waiting in plain view in the front parking lot for several minutes to see if driving around sets off a silent alarm to police or roving private security company patrol car. No one shows up, test complete, don SP gear. Drive out.

Idk, I just can't see a hired killer walking on to a job with no weapon. Seems risky. What if the church didn't keep tools onsite?

I've always thought that the fact that a firearm was not present was significant (SP couldn't obtain one, wasn't comfortable shooting one etc).

With the new information that SP has relations to LE, lack of firearm makes sense as spent bullets and shell casings can be matched to a firearm - and SP had gone to great lengths already to protect their identity. Someone connected with LE would know that a bullet left behind in a body could be matched to a gun and finding and picking up a spent shell casing in the dark might be challenging.

Using a common household item that could be bought in any Home Depot or Lowes would be safer.

If he found no tools inside, then he could use his tools he brought to breech the exterior. JMO SP planned this very carefully including the potential outcome if captured. TX death penalty is real, so avoiding that would be a top priority. Bring a gun, use a gun, may be death penalty even if not proven premeditated; bringing a gun looks like premeditation not a burglary gone bad. Using the tools looks like interrupted burglary and hard to prove otherwise. JMO I think SP scoped it out and knew he could not avoid being on camera so he wore the SWAT costume to conceal identity; but he still would not want the actual murder on video, and he wanted it to look like an interrupted burglary, so he effectively hid himself where all those goals could be accomplished. Unless a further conspiracy could be shown, such as murder for hire, then they would have a hard time presenting a first degree murder case with what we, the public, currently knows. MOO

I've always thought that the fact that a firearm was not present was significant (SP couldn't obtain one, wasn't comfortable shooting one etc).

With the new information that SP has relations to LE, lack of firearm makes sense as spent bullets and shell casings can be matched to a firearm - and SP had gone to great lengths already to protect their identity. Someone connected with LE would know that a bullet left behind in a body could be matched to a gun and finding and picking up a spent shell casing in the dark might be challenging.

Using a common household item that could be bought in any Home Depot or Lowes would be safer.

Great insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe LE stated perp breached COC kitchen door to make entry. We know that window glass on that door was broken and can see glass on floor inside that door in posted pics from news sites. Also there are strike marks on the metal door as well. That would tell me perp already had something to break glass with when arriving and could be used as a weapon. I agree with poster who thinks it would be unlikely that perp would arrive without tools. JMHO

If the Altima is SP or a co-conspirator, arriving very early could suggest they are from out of town and not familiar with 287, CoC and SWFA. Also, driving around to the loading dock side to check for a private security car or guard, or to see if anyone works there overnight, or some cop naps back there in his car for his 30 minute break. Waiting in plain view in the front parking lot for several minutes to see if driving around sets off a silent alarm to police or roving private security company patrol car. No one shows up, test complete, don SP gear. Drive out.

Watching the 7minute video of the car driving around the parking lot, with lights off most of the time, sitting in the parking spot, pulling out of the lot was creepy.

Even if the Altima's driver wasn't the perp (but I do think it was the perp), it was creepy.

jmo

Did I miss something? I thought it wasn't confirmed either way if a gun was used.

Local here, checking in but there was a huge number of posts since the last time I checked so forgive me if these things have already been said...the story that Nancy Grace is reporting on her blog is one that has been floating around town for awhile so I don't think it was leaked by LE, its not as new as Nancy Grace is trying to make it seem....I glanced at some of the posts trying to find the end of this thread and I actually think I saw someone discussing this in fall..the idea that it was a spouse who didn't want his wife doing the bootcamp....the story was that a family member reported a man (former LE) actin wierd....this person did not approve of MB's friendship with his wife...it was a good story at the time bc the person fit the description of the killer and may have had access to the type clothes worn by SP but LE had this guy's name in fall... and that is why I think the source for her story is NOT LE....the person makes it sound like its a hot tip and its not...plus the rumor is that SP left behind some form of DNA....dont know how as they appeared to be totally covered....so each POI...including the former LE...were DNA tested except two who refused the test....this made police think it was them since they refused... but I think they have since backed off that theory....and they have lawyered up trying to clear their names....I think that secretly most in town now think it was someone connected to BB...we want to hope that it's not but it really points to him....convenently out of town...not upset about the murder...messed up marriage...a big money family business that may be effected by their divorce... also the fact that he still lives here...if your wife was brutally murdered and no one knew why....wouldn't you take your children and go into hiding... Nancy Grace's podcast wants to point to the fact that only a person in LE would think to dress up in swat gear but that is not true....I have pointed out before the similarities to another high profile case here in Texas....a man who decided to seek revenge on a DA and prosecutor...that guy Eric somethingoranother, actually murdered two of his victims by dressing up as a swat guy, almost the same outfit...he bought a cheap getaway car and stored it and his swat gear in a nearby storage place. He was only caught cause he kept messing with LE....it just seems to me someone saw that story and used it....I would say the feeling here is hopelessness and disgust that it is a cold case.

His name is Eric Williams and he is now on death row.

Imo. A hired killer has to be paid. So wheres the money trail?

Btw. The kid in the Nissan looks young (barely 30 and Caucasian).

So are there any males in Missy class that arrived late or not at all?

Did I miss something? I thought it wasn't confirmed either way if a gun was used.
In the article, it states MB was killed with a hammer.

quote: Bevers, 45, walked into the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Texas, at 4:20 a.m. on April 18, 2016, to set up for a a fitness class she was scheduled to lead at 5 a.m. The same security cameras that recorded her front-door arrival also caught her killer wandering the church halls just minutes earlier, carrying the hammer used to beat her to death :end quote

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/...n-of-interest-and-vehicle-of-interest-emerge/

In the article, it states MB was killed with a hammer.

quote: Bevers, 45, walked into the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Texas, at 4:20 a.m. on April 18, 2016, to set up for a a fitness class she was scheduled to lead at 5 a.m. The same security cameras that recorded her front-door arrival also caught her killer wandering the church halls just minutes earlier, carrying the hammer used to beat her to death :end quote

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/...n-of-interest-and-vehicle-of-interest-emerge/

Thanks for the reference! Also add to that LE using terms like "puncture wounds" rather than "gunshot wounds" over and over.

Btw. I respect women trainers.

But most of their clients are women.

So how many male clients did Missy have?

And were these male clients there to become more bonded with females while working out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member